PDA

View Full Version : Kokesh granted bond. [Video]

noneedtoaggress
07-15-2013, 11:55 AM
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/07/adam-kokesh-faces-bond-hearing-monday-91372.html
|

After a weekend in the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center and an initial hearing during which he didn't say a word, activist and Iraq war veteran Adam Kokesh was granted bond Monday.

A Fairfax County judge gave Kokesh, who is facing gun and drug charges after a video of him surfaced showing him allegedly loading a shotgun in Freedom Plaza, $5,000 bond. He'll likely be released from custody later Monday afternoon.

Kokesh was arrested last Thursday at his home in Herndon. He’s accused of possessing hallucinogenic mushrooms and a gun-related offense.
He'll be placed on pre-trial probation and will be prohibited from possessing firearms until his case is complete.

The video Kokesh posted on July 4 showed him loading and cocking a shotgun just blocks from the White House while making allusions to a final American revolution.

Kokesh earlier called for people to march into D.C. with loaded firearms, a violation of D.C. law. He later called off that demonstration.

During earlier court appearing, Kokesh was uncooperative and refused to speak.

Anti Federalist
07-15-2013, 11:57 AM
During earlier court appearing, Kokesh was uncooperative exercising his rights, and refused to speak.

Good luck and godspeed Adam.

presence
07-15-2013, 12:17 PM
Gun rights activist Adam Kokesh to be released from jail Get short URL (http://rt.com/usa/adam-kokesh-bond-released-115/)
Published time: July 15, 2013 15:16

http://rt.com/usa/adam-kokesh-bond-released-115/

newbitech
07-15-2013, 12:51 PM
So does he pay the ransom? Or does he continue his defiance?

eduardo89
07-15-2013, 12:52 PM
So does he pay the ransom? Or does he continue his defiance?

That is a very good point. I think he'll pay the ransom.

presence
07-15-2013, 01:04 PM
That is a very good point. I think he'll pay the ransom.

Something tells me he's in balls deep.

I have to stand down and take it babe,
All for lovin' you
I drown myself in sorrow
As I look at what you've done
Nothin' seems to change
Bad times stay the same
And I can't run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6up076lSH8

supposedly,

He'll likely be released from custody later Monday afternoon.
[]
He'll be placed on pre-trial probation and will be prohibited from possessing firearms until his case is complete.

Adam Kokesh (http://www.facebook.com/ADAMVSTHEMAN?ref=stream&hc_location=timeline) 71,000 likes · 25,598 talking about this
about an hour ago

I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust,
and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment
in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice,
is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. -MLK Jr.

ADAM HAS YET TO ACCEPT BOND !!
some media sources jumped the gun in reporting his release
the judge granted him bond

THAT IS IT

-jp

JK/SEA
07-15-2013, 01:20 PM
''The judge reportedly had a change of heart before the weekend, however, and agreed to let Kokesh out from Fairfax County Adult Detention Center on condition the $5,000 bond be paid — and if Kokesh refrains from possessing firearms until his case has concluded.''

really?....Adam is agreeing to this?

fuck me runnin'. Set em up, knock him down...

noneedtoaggress
07-15-2013, 01:38 PM

No one knows yet.

QuickZ06
07-15-2013, 01:50 PM
These mushrooms good

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6971/vx8l.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/35/vx8l.jpg/)

These mushrooms bad

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5961/6agk.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/6agk.jpg/)

FREEDOM!

thehungarian
07-15-2013, 02:34 PM
http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/07/15/conservative-activist-adam-kokesh-to-be-released-from-jail-after-judge-grants-bond/

"Conservative" activist Adam Kokesh. That is rich. Surprised they didn't call him a Republican.

eduardo89
07-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Gotta say, Adam is a bit of an idiot for having drugs on him when he knew that federal agents were going to arrest him...

better-dead-than-fed
07-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Gotta say, Adam is a bit of an idiot for having drugs on him when he knew that federal agents were going to arrest him...

Why believe the police?

pcosmar
07-15-2013, 03:14 PM
''The judge reportedly had a change of heart before the weekend, however, and agreed to let Kokesh out from Fairfax County Adult Detention Center on condition the $5,000 bond be paid — and if Kokesh refrains from possessing firearms until his case has concluded.''

fuck me runnin'. Set em up, knock him down...

That part is pretty standard on any bail,, for anything anywhere.

I expect that the charges are baseless as well,, and being out allows him to prepare his defense.

Tod
07-15-2013, 03:17 PM

and you think they were not planted because ________________?

eduardo89
07-15-2013, 03:18 PM
and you think they were not planted because ________________?

Because they wouldn't need to plant it to arrest him. They already had enough to arrest him on weapons charges.

And because I'm pretty sure Adam does drugs. So it is not surprising at all.

Tod
07-15-2013, 03:19 PM
I'd be kind of surprised if he posted bail, but maybe this is too big to not take advantage of the opportunities the "freedom" affords.

Tod
07-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Because they wouldn't need to plant it to arrest him. They already had enough to arrest him on weapons charges.

But in light of Heller, do you think that would be too iffy? If he DID have shrooms, isn't it likely that he would have had pot on the scene too?

pcosmar
07-15-2013, 03:24 PM
They already had enough to arrest him on weapons charges.

NO, They did not.
There is no law against possessing an arm in Virginia.
And the right to keep and bear Arms in D.C. has been held to be a constitutional right.

You can't arrest someone simply because your panties are bunched.

not to mention that proving that the shotgun in the video was the same one found is nearly impossible.

better-dead-than-fed
07-15-2013, 03:31 PM
They already had enough to arrest him on weapons charges.

If that's true, why didn't they charge him with anything unrelated to drugs?

I'd be surprised if he didn't expect the government to invade his house and search his possessions.

eduardo89
07-15-2013, 03:34 PM
I'd be surprised if he didn't expect the government to invade his house and search his possessions.

This is why it was stupid of him to have drugs in his possession when he knew they would be arrested him and searching his house.

better-dead-than-fed
07-15-2013, 03:39 PM
This is why it was stupid of him to have drugs in his possession when he knew they would be arrested him and searching his house.

There's no apparent basis for (1) your assumption "They already had enough to arrest him on weapons charges"; and (2) your assumption that he possessed anything he didn't intend to be found.

ETA: Did his history of drug-use plus his July-4th video suffice to make him stupid in your view? The only thing that has been added to those factors is some untested allegations from police.

pcosmar
07-15-2013, 03:46 PM

This assumes that he had any drugs in his possession. Which I highly doubt.
I expect one of two things..either it was some inert (legal) substance that is mistaken for an illegal drug. Perhaps intentionally left for them to find and make fools of themselves.
Or,, (more likely in my opinion) the substance was planted by police to justify the arrest.

A documented and very common practice.

Working Poor
07-15-2013, 04:12 PM
To me righ before the presidential election Adam went over the edge. I used to like to listen to him but, he changed. He could have had much more influence than he does now.

I remember seeing him on RT looking dirty, hungover, fucked-up ,and talking out of his ass and was not surprized at all when I heard he was fired.

I think his antics screw us over and I am pissed at him for being so stupid.

better-dead-than-fed
07-15-2013, 04:18 PM

What are you doing that is not "stupid" and "screwing us over"? You never answered my question here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?420784-Police-serving-search-warrant-at-home-of-pro-gun-activist-Adam-Kokesh&p=5117910#post5117910

07-15-2013, 05:00 PM
What are you doing that is not "stupid" and "screwing us over"? You never answered my question here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?420784-Police-serving-search-warrant-at-home-of-pro-gun-activist-Adam-Kokesh&p=5117910#post5117910

It doesn't matter what he is doing, we aren't discussing him, he didn't do dumb shit that attracts all the wrong attention to us and get arrested, Kokesh did.

If you have proof of others doing equally stupid shit show us, otherwise stop trying to build strawmen.

better-dead-than-fed
07-15-2013, 05:06 PM
It doesn't matter what he is doing, we aren't discussing him, he didn't do dumb shit that attracts all the wrong attention to us and get arrested, Kokesh did.

If you have proof of others doing equally stupid shit show us, otherwise stop trying to build strawmen.

It is not strawman. He raises the issues of "stupidity" and "screwing us over", so I want to understand the meaning he puts into that language. There are some who consider anything remotely libertarian to be "stupid" and "screwing us over". Some call our constitutional rights "dumb shit" and believe the only virtuous conduct is cowering in their homes, so as not to upset any GOP or Dems; I want to know where he is coming from with that language.

If I am part of the "us" being harmed by Kokesh, I want to know about it. Or if those vilifying Kokesh aren't really on the same team as me, why not get that out in the open?

pcosmar
07-15-2013, 05:08 PM

Kokesh is not screwing me over. Not by his protests,, nor by his arrests.

The US Government is screwing me over.. The State, (under Federal Direction) is screwing me over.
The Patriot Movement never screwed me
The Militia Movement never screwed me
The Civil Rights Movement never screwed me.
The anti_Tax movement never screwed me.
Sovereign Citizens never screwed me
David Koresh never screwed me.

The US Government is screwing me.

angelatc
07-15-2013, 05:12 PM

But they didn't arrest him based on the charges stemming from the video. But the reason I think that the shrooms were not planted is because his roommates haven't made any such allegation.

07-15-2013, 05:15 PM
It is not strawman. He raises the issues of "stupidity" and "screwing us over", so I want to understand the meaning he puts into that language. There are some who consider anything remotely libertarian to be "stupid" and "screwing us over". Some believe the only virtuous conduct is cowering in their homes, so as not to upset any GOP or Dems; I want to know where he is coming from with that language.

If I am part of the "us" being harmed by Kokesh, I want to know about it. Or if those vilifying Kokesh aren't really on the same team as me, why not get that out in the open?

You made a poor attempt to turn the arguement against him, hence you built a...

Kokesh is not screwing me over. Not by his protests,, nor by his arrests.

The US Government is screwing me over.. The State, (under Federal Direction) is screwing me over.
The Patriot Movement never screwed me
The Militia Movement never screwed me
The Civil Rights Movement never screwed me.
The anti_Tax movement never screwed me.
Sovereign Citizens never screwed me
David Koresh never screwed me.

The US Government is screwing me.

Kokesh's methods have zero chance for success. Nothing good has come of them.

I do agree with you on everything else except David Koresh, he was pretty wacky. Though if left alone he wouldn't have caused too much harm. Now if you had said Randy Weaver didn't screw you over I would have agreed, he did nothing wrong.

pcosmar
07-15-2013, 05:20 PM
But they didn't arrest him based on the charges stemming from the video. But the reason I think that the shrooms were not planted is because his roommates haven't made any such allegation.

Perhaps because there is nothing to tell (till the time is right).

I find it odd that the house was meticulously clean,, except for that.

no evidence of any marijuana at all. (hard to do),, no roach,,residue,, seed, stem or paraphernalia.

What was found is either not illegal (something for stupid cops to find),, or it was planted there.

pcosmar
07-15-2013, 05:22 PM
I do agree with you on everything else except David Koresh, he was pretty wacky. Though if left alone he wouldn't have caused too much harm. Now if you had said Randy Weaver didn't screw you over I would have agreed, he did nothing wrong.

It was not meant to be a full or complete list of folks that have done me no harm,, just examples.

better-dead-than-fed
07-15-2013, 05:40 PM

Really I did not build a strawman. My ad hominem question to him was a direct response to his use of the word "us" (Kokesh is "screwing us over"). I'd like to know who this "us" is that's supposedly getting screwed over by Kokesh? Is it libertarians, Libertarians, Ron Paul supporters, a couple of shills writing on behalf of some anti-libertarian public-relations firm? Who is his "us"?

Whose "success" and whose "good" do you mean? Is your concern the group of people resigned to waive whatever constitutional rights are necessary to avoid disturbing any GOP or Dems? I am not part of that group.

Working Poor
07-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Better dead than fed-

I guess you are talking about me but are you calling me he/him? Because I am female.

He branded himself to the liberty movement he took on a role of spokesman for us. Ron Paul endoorsed his congressioal run. He then went off the deep end in public after he attached himself to Ron Paul and the liberty movement. Now when he does stupid stuff the media makes sure to dam Ron Paul and us. Sorry if you don't get that.

He has not hurt me personally but I still think he hurts the liberty movement.

pcosmar
07-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Chance of success???

At pointing out the out of control Police State?? and waking a few more to that fact?

I have no idea what may be possible. The last case was shown to be a clear example of Lying Police. and the charges were dropped when video evidence showed that the arrest was bogus and based on lies.

perhaps some idiot will lose his badge,, Though it would be even better is some "higher up" was removed,, and even better if it could lead to a leash being put on these mad dogs in uniform.
Too much to hope for? perhaps. :(
but it is still a hope.

pcosmar
07-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Better dead than fed-

I guess you are talking about me but are you calling me he/him? Because I am female.

He branded himself to the liberty movement he took on a role of spokesman for us. Ron Paul endoorsed his congressioal run. He then went off the deep end in public after he attached himself to Ron Paul and the liberty movement. Now when he does stupid stuff the media makes sure to dam Ron Paul and us. Sorry if you don't get that.

Ron Paul is no longer running for office. And the GOP certainly offers no hope. That has been made abundantly clear.

better-dead-than-fed
07-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Better dead than fed-

Sorry.

He branded himself to the liberty movement he took on a role of spokesman for us.

I do not understand what you mean by "liberty movement"? I am confused. I have never consented to Kokesh, or anyone else, being a spokesman for me.

Ron Paul endoorsed his congressioal run. He then went off the deep end in public after he attached himself to Ron Paul and the liberty movement.

So why hasn't Ron Paul officially un-endorsed Kokesh, or otherwise denounced him? Why are you sticking with Ron Paul, if you don't like his endorsements?

Now when he does stupid stuff the media makes sure to dam Ron Paul and us. Sorry if you don't get that.

I don't get it because Ron Paul could simply issue a statement separating himself from Kokesh, if he wanted to. If he endorses Kokesh, that's his choice, and it comes with consequences.

Again, I do not know what you mean by "the liberty movement".

better-dead-than-fed
07-15-2013, 06:27 PM

I have more questions about your conception of "success" and "good". Would it be harmful for people in any manner to lobby in favor of open-carry? Couldn't this upset Democrats, causing harmful backlash?

Also, would it be harmful to support the Second Amendment, as is?

During the 1788 ratification debates, ... It was understood across the political spectrum that the right helped to secure the ideal of a citizen militia, which might be necessary to oppose an oppressive military force if the constitutional order broke down.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=2739870581644084946

Is this Amendment "stupid shit" that could attract unwanted attention from Democrats? Would it be better to support a toned-down Amendment that merely protects our right to keep/bear arms inside our homes?

presence
07-15-2013, 06:40 PM

Actually they have made this allegation angela

http://freeadam.net/2013/07/11/armed-sedition/

Eyewitnesses to the attack on Adam and his companions Tuesday night report that US Park Police brought large brown paper evidence bags in with them before their search that appeared to be full. There is a concern that they planted evidence.

eduardo89
07-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Actually they have made this allegation angela

http://freeadam.net/2013/07/11/armed-sedition/

Re-read what you just posted. His roommates have not made any allegations about evidence being planted. Other people claim to have seen filled paper bags being brought in.

pcosmar
07-15-2013, 06:46 PM
I am quietly hoping that there were hidden cameras recording the whole event,, that have not yet been made public.

as yet there is no word of Adam accepting the Bail conditions.

pcosmar
07-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Re-read what you just posted. His roommates have not made any allegations about evidence being planted. Other people claim to have seen filled paper bags being brought in.

Yes,, His production Team,, that were present at the time of the raid.

mad cow
07-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Fourth Amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I understand that they were looking for a particular shotgun.How could they look anywhere too small to conceal a shotgun and be within the confines of the fourth amendment?

If the cops come to your house with a search warrant looking for your brother may they look in spice jars or cigar boxes?

presence
07-15-2013, 07:19 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/p480x480/1069212_4919048143437_1764311669_n.jpg
NICE SHIRT BUDDY!

$15 plus shipping, $5 goes to Adam. Email mike@mikesalvisworld.com

kahless
07-15-2013, 07:25 PM
I learned something new from this. I have never done them but had no idea certain types of mushrooms were illegal. Unbelievable.

Something has got to give. I have had enough with this looking over my shoulder police state shit already.

eduardo89
07-15-2013, 07:26 PM
I learned something new from this. I have never done them but had no idea certain types of mushrooms were illegal. Unbelievable.

Something has got to give. I have had enough with this looking over my shoulder police state shit already.

You didn't know hallucinogenic mushrooms are illegal?

liberty2897
07-15-2013, 07:30 PM
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/25377637.jpg

kahless
07-15-2013, 07:31 PM
You didn't know hallucinogenic mushrooms are illegal?

I guess it was one of things I never paid much attention to. In my life time and when I was young they did not seem all that popular. A few of my friends did them but I have never heard of anyone getting busted for it.

With all the different types I would imagine it cannot be easy to tell the difference.

07-15-2013, 07:34 PM
I have more questions about your conception of "success" and "good". Would it be harmful for people in any manner to lobby in favor of open-carry? Couldn't this upset Democrats, causing harmful backlash?

Is this Amendment "stupid shit" that could attract unwanted attention from Democrats? Would it be better to support a toned-down Amendment that merely protects our right to keep/bear arms inside our homes?

You're hopeless. The wording of your questions suggests you do understand that Kokesh's actions are totally unacceptable to the vast majority of the country. That's not how you make progress on an issue.

better-dead-than-fed
07-15-2013, 07:46 PM
You're hopeless. The wording of your questions suggests you do understand that Kokesh's actions are totally unacceptable to the vast majority of the country. That's not how you make progress on an issue.

The wording of your answer shows that you oppose any manner of support for open-carry or the Second Amendment, so I am all for Kokesh harming your cause.

presence
07-15-2013, 07:49 PM

Its really a legal mess because psilocybin grows naturally out of cow patties in cow fields from here to China and back. They're not really illegal until you cut them off a turd and put them in a bag because there really is no way to stop them from growing on your land. Cow poops, patty cooks in the sun, mushroom emerges, the microscopic spores travel miles. Another "illegal" species is aminita muscaria, which populates pretty much any pine, fir, and spruce stand in the US. Again nothing illegal about it until you put it in a bag. I have a patch I mow every time I cut the grass between my spruce trees.

purplechoe
07-15-2013, 07:53 PM
To me righ before the presidential election Adam went over the edge. I used to like to listen to him but, he changed. He could have had much more influence than he does now.

I remember seeing him on RT looking dirty, hungover, fucked-up ,and talking out of his ass and was not surprized at all when I heard he was fired.

The guy has been to Iraq, he probably went through some tough times over there. I can only imagine the things he saw and lived through while stationed there.

Even though I personally would do things differently when it comes to my approach to spreading liberty, Adam has my respect. I believe he is sincere in his efforts and I think he also understands that violence is not the answer. I do think that the video he made was over the top but I don't think violence was his intention, although I could be wrong on that. The only way to win this "final revolution" is to "win the hearts and minds" as Bush Jr. would say, :) of our fellow men.

I think he expressed the sentiment a lot of us had during the election about the campaign...

liberty2897
07-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Again nothing illegal about it until you put it in a bag. I have a patch I mow every time I cut the grass between my spruce trees.

Good idea. No one would ever suspect they are in the lawnmower bag. : )

better-dead-than-fed
07-15-2013, 08:00 PM
The guy has been to Iraq, he probably went through some tough times over there. I can only imagine the things he saw and lived through while stationed there.

Even though I personally would do things differently when it comes to my approach to spreading liberty, Adam has my respect. I believe he is sincere in his efforts and I think he also understands that violence is not the answer. I do think that the video he made was over the top but I don't think violence was his intention, although I could be wrong on that. The only way to win this "final revolution" is to "win the hearts and minds" as Bush Jr. would say, :) of our fellow men.

I think he expressed the sentiment a lot of us had during the election about the campaign...

And the only way to win against a violent robber in your bedroom is to non-violently attempt to win his heart and mind? I think not!!

kahless
07-15-2013, 08:01 PM
Its really a legal mess because psilocybin grows naturally out of cow patties in cow fields from here to China and back. They're not really illegal until you cut them off a turd and put them in a bag because there really is no way to stop them from growing on your land. Cow poops, patty cooks in the sun, mushroom emerges, the microscopic spores travel miles. Another "illegal" species is aminita muscaria, which populates pretty much any pine, fir, and spruce stand in the US. Again nothing illegal about it until you put it in a bag. I have a patch I mow every time I cut the grass between my spruce trees.

They are everywhere where I live. When I mow the lawn I always wonder whether they are the poisonous, edible or hallucinogenic type.

PatriotOne
07-15-2013, 08:06 PM
So why hasn't Ron Paul officially un-endorsed Kokesh, or otherwise denounced him? Why are you sticking with Ron Paul, if you don't like his endorsements?

http://i39.tinypic.com/335e2c7.jpg

eduardo89
07-15-2013, 08:10 PM

I remember when I was on boarding school in Scotland there were mushrooms growing all over the campus. We were warned that picking them was a crime because it was considered intent to distribute. Mushrooms in the UK are Class A controlled substances along with heroin, cocaine, crack, MDMA ("ecstasy"), methamphetamine, and LSD. Mere possession can get you up to 7 years and intent to supply can get you up to life in prison.

better-dead-than-fed
07-15-2013, 08:10 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/335e2c7.jpg

Did you make that yourself? What are Ron Paul's words on the matter?

purplechoe
07-15-2013, 08:12 PM
And the only way to win against a violent robber in your bedroom is to non-violently attempt to win his heart and mind? I think not!!

I know that it sounds like an impossible task but that's the conclusion I've come to. If you depose one tyrant, another one will pop up. My goal and I think that of many other Ron Paul followers is to educate the public at large about how and why we've come to be in the condition under which we find ourselves. We all have to do it in the communities in which we participate, like family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, churches, etc. From my perspective violent revolution will only bring very temporary liberty if any and might just give the government more excuse to prove their point that constitutionalists and other liberty oriented folks are terrorists.

With all that said your life is your own, do what you think is right and just hope you don't do something that you will regret...

purplechoe
07-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Did you make that yourself? What are Ron Paul's words on the matter?

Those are probably the words of a certain someone who works for the minority leader in the Senate.

I would like to hear what Ron Paul thinks about what Adam did last week...

presence
07-15-2013, 08:14 PM
I remember when I was on boarding school in Scotland there were mushrooms growing all over the campus. We were warned that picking them was a crime because it was considered intent to distribute. Mushrooms in the UK are Class A controlled substances along with heroin, cocaine, crack, MDMA ("ecstasy"), methamphetamine, and LSD. Mere possession can get you up to 7 years and intent to supply can get you up to life in prison.

Right... but growing under the kings trees in my back yard or falling out of the royal cow ass out front and I'm just fine.

Origanalist
07-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Right... but growing under the kings trees in my back yard or falling out of the royal cow ass out front and I'm just fine.

Well, somebody has to protect us from ourselves.

07-15-2013, 08:21 PM
The wording of your answer shows that you oppose any manner of support for open-carry or the Second Amendment, so I am all for Kokesh harming your cause.

Why would you think that?

I actually agree with him, but his methods do harm not good. To 99.9 percent of the public outside some internet forums he makes a bad impression. I think you get that, by the way you word your loaded questions, but are afraid to admit it.

eduardo89
07-15-2013, 08:24 PM

I'm wondering...picking them is illegal, but what if you have people pay you to eat them straight off the ground. Technically you were never in possession of them, and consumption of drugs usually isn't a crime, possession is.

better-dead-than-fed
07-15-2013, 08:42 PM

During the 1788 ratification debates, ... It was understood across the political spectrum that the right helped to secure the ideal of a citizen militia, which might be necessary to oppose an oppressive military force if the constitutional order broke down.

Why would you think that?

Because you indicate that you feel "any manner" of support for open-carry or 2nd Amendment would be harmful to your cause.

presence
07-15-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm wondering...picking them is illegal, but what if you have people pay you to eat them straight off the ground. Technically you were never in possession of them, and consumption of drugs usually isn't a crime, possession is.

I don't think you can eat aminitas without cooking them for 30 minutes. And I'd pay you to let me take a picture of you eating any mushroom right off a turd, psylicibin or not.

phill4paul
07-15-2013, 09:06 PM
5k huh? Not as bad as I expected. The Boston cop caught w/ granades, dynamite and det cord got off w/ 1k. All in all it tells me they ain't got shit on him. The shrooms tested out as NOTHING. Otherwise..............

07-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Because you indicate that you feel "any manner" of support for open-carry or 2nd Amendment would be harmful to your cause.

Are you in full possession of your faculties? When did I type those words?

Speak out, elect good politicians. These things work.

Invade DC with a loaded gun, not so much, you still go to jail for breaking unconstitutional laws and become a prohibited person who will never own a gun legally again. We have a process in this country, you can't just break laws.

phill4paul
07-15-2013, 09:07 PM

You don't live in AmeriKa. Amirite?

The Northbreather
07-15-2013, 09:19 PM

Why do you keep parroting the term "drugs"?

At least call them what they are, mushrooms.

Let's not give and more credence to these idiots by using their approved blanket terms.

pcosmar
07-15-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't think you can eat aminitas without cooking them for 30 minutes. And I'd pay you to let me take a picture of you eating any mushroom right off a turd, psylicibin or not.

Really? how much?

That is where I always got them. From Cow pastures.
I honestly have not looked for years,,,gonna have to walk the neighbors field now.

pcosmar
07-15-2013, 09:25 PM

When? since 1934 when has this shit been overturned?

And right now (this year) the so called pro-gun politifucks are talking about MORE intrusive background checks.

I have seen exactly 1 man that wanted to really do something about it. 1 man that would allow ME to own a gun.

newbitech
07-15-2013, 09:28 PM

Not to argue, but how can you really say that? Perhaps A-Koke definition of success is different than your own? I think he is definitely acting in his own self interest and I can't really cast judgement on him for doing what he thinks is good and right for himself and those close to him. If anything, he is a canary in the coal mine, if I had to start an argument of how his actions have benefited anyone who has taken "the revolution" seriously for the past 5-10 years.

eduardo89
07-15-2013, 09:34 PM
You don't live in AmeriKa. Amirite?

Consumption of drugs is usually not a criminal offense, but possession is. Read the laws.

I'll give a few examples:

Michigan: http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(vqtspxmhisxqhn55bhy14355))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectname=mcl-333-7403
Maine: http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/statutes/22/title22ch558.pdf
Texas: http://law.onecle.com/texas/health/chapter481.html

All statutes mention possession, none mention consumption.

phill4paul
07-15-2013, 09:34 PM
We have a process in this country, you can't just break laws.

Three felonies a day.............

http://img1.imagesbn.com/p/9781459614604_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

http://gifs.gifbin.com/092009/1253784913_jack_nicholson_fuckyou.gif

eduardo89
07-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Why do you keep parroting the term "drugs"?

At least call them what they are, mushrooms.

Let's not give and more credence to these idiots by using their approved blanket terms.

Psychedelic mushrooms are drugs.

Definition of drugs:

A drug is a substance which may have medicinal, intoxicating, performance enhancing or other effects when taken or put into a human body or the body of another animal.

better-dead-than-fed
07-15-2013, 09:39 PM

You words were ad hom, so I was left to interpret their meaning to the best of my ability.

But even these things might offend GOP or Dems, causing backlash, so why risk it?

Invade DC with a loaded gun, not so much, you still go to jail for breaking unconstitutional laws and become a prohibited person who will never own a gun legally again.

If they take people's guns, people will just get this book: http://cryptome.org/0001/tm-31-210.htm

We have a process in this country, you can't just break laws.

Of course legislative acts can be violated. If Kokesh's demonstration is inadequate, just look at the violations committed by government employees. And look again at what the 2nd Amendment means:

It means that people do not just have to submit to the "process" of an unconstitutional ruling regime. It remains clear that you oppose the 2nd Amendment.

The Northbreather
07-15-2013, 09:48 PM

Definition of drugs:

So I guess food and water are in.

What is your definition out of curiosity?

Edit: ignore this question if you've never eaten mushrooms (the "druggy" kind)

phill4paul
07-15-2013, 10:06 PM

Definition of drugs:

A drug is a substance which may have medicinal, intoxicating, performance enhancing or other effects when taken or put into a human body or the body of another animal.

Everything ingested is, by definition, a drug.

kcchiefs6465
07-15-2013, 10:45 PM
Consumption of drugs is usually not a criminal offense, but possession is. Read the laws.

I'll give a few examples:

Michigan: http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(vqtspxmhisxqhn55bhy14355))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectname=mcl-333-7403
Maine: http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/statutes/22/title22ch558.pdf
Texas: http://law.onecle.com/texas/health/chapter481.html

All statutes mention possession, none mention consumption.
Consuming drugs is illegal. "Drug Abuse" is what they call it.

07-15-2013, 10:53 PM
Not to argue, but how can you really say that? Perhaps A-Koke definition of success is different than your own? I think he is definitely acting in his own self interest and I can't really cast judgement on him for doing what he thinks is good and right for himself and those close to him. If anything, he is a canary in the coal mine, if I had to start an argument of how his actions have benefited anyone who has taken "the revolution" seriously for the past 5-10 years.

How is showboating and constantly getting arrested furthering his cause other than some vague reference to "waking people up". Here's a clue, those people aside from a few on random internet sites, never heard of him and don't care. You want laws changed, you influence and elect those who can do that.

Three felonies a day.............

Not intentionally with the hope of arrest I don't.

You words were ad hom, so I was left to interpret their meaning to the best of my ability.

But even these things might offend GOP or Dems, causing backlash, so why risk it?

If they take people's guns, people will just get this book: http://cryptome.org/0001/tm-31-210.htm

Of course legislative acts can be violated. If Kokesh's demonstration is inadequate, just look at the violations committed by government employees. And look again at what the 2nd Amendment means:

It means that people do not just have to submit to the "process" of an unconstitutional ruling regime. It remains clear that you oppose the 2nd Amendment.

You need help, I can't even...

eduardo89
07-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Consuming drugs is illegal. "Drug Abuse" is what they call it.

Nope, drug use is not a crime in almost every state. Possession is the crime you are charged with.

Take a look at the links I posted above from 3 different states and take a look at federal law:

“Illegal use of drugs” defined

(1) In general
The term “illegal use of drugs” means the use of drugs, the possession or distribution of which is unlawful under the Controlled Substances Act [21 U.S.C. 801 et seq.]. Such term does not include the use of a drug taken under supervision by a licensed health care professional, or other uses authorized by the Controlled Substances Act or other provisions of Federal law.
(2) Drugs
The term “drug” means a controlled substance, as defined in schedules I through V of section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act [21 U.S.C. 812].

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/12210

It is not the use of the drug which is illegal, it is the possession.

Anti Federalist
07-15-2013, 11:16 PM

He didn't.

That shit was planted.

Brian4Liberty
07-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Seems that Adam has not accepted the conditions of the bail, so he's still in jail.

phill4paul
07-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Not intentionally with the hope of arrest I don't.

Doesn't matter. Eventually they'll come for you and your misdeeds. Just gotta wrap up the riff-raff first.

phill4paul
07-15-2013, 11:45 PM
Nope, drug use is not a crime in almost every state.

Did you really miss THIS one.....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-settles-suit-poppy-bagel-drug-test/story?id=19567956#.UeTd4dLVCSo

eduardo89
07-15-2013, 11:48 PM
Did you really miss THIS one.....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-settles-suit-poppy-bagel-drug-test/story?id=19567956#.UeTd4dLVCSo

She was not charged with drug use, because drug use isn't a crime in Pennsylvania. She most likely would have been charged with some form of child endangerment for taking drugs (which would be passed onto the child) during pregnancy.

Here is a link to the Pennsylvania Controlled Substances, Drugs, Device, and Cosmetic Act: http://ecapps.health.state.pa.us/pdf/ddc/ddcact2.pdf
Here is the relevant section in the Penn. Criminal Code: http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/028/chapter25/chap25toc.html

No mention of consumption or use as a crime. Only possession, distribution, and manufacturing.

Here is a link to Pennsylvania's marijuana laws in specific: http://www.wcupa.edu/_services/stu.inf/atod/documents/Marijuana_CrimesCode.pdf
Again, no mention of consumption.

liberty2897
07-15-2013, 11:50 PM
Nope, drug use is not a crime in almost every state. Possession is the crime you are charged with.
It is not the use of the drug which is illegal, it is the possession.

This is why it is so important to consume your drugs as soon as possible after acquisition.

phill4paul
07-15-2013, 11:57 PM
She was not charged with drug use, because drug use isn't a crime in Pennsylvania. She most likely would have been charged with some form of child endangerment for taking drugs (which would be passed onto the child) during pregnancy.

Please, I hope you respect me more than to argue semantics.

***** while intoxicated covers many things and is on the books in many states.

presence
07-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Really? how much?

That is where I always got them. From Cow pastures.
I honestly have not looked for years,,,gonna have to walk the neighbors field now.

No hand to mouth I wanna see you snag that bugger with your lips. Right down to the base of the stem, brown nose. Psilocybin in hand is possession mundane.

2 Litecoin

better-dead-than-fed
07-16-2013, 08:23 AM
the 2nd Amendment ...

It means that people do not just have to submit to the "process" of an unconstitutional ruling regime. It remains clear that you oppose the 2nd Amendment.You need help, I can't even...

You can't even come to terms with the 2nd Amendment. What kind of help do you think I need?

presence
07-16-2013, 08:32 AM
News Updates

Subscribe to the Free Adam Kokesh email list at right to get important updates once or twice per day maximum.

Adam is Still in a Cage (http://freeadam.net/2013/07/16/adam-is-still-in-a-cage/)

0 Comments and 0 Reactions (http://freeadam.net/2013/07/16/adam-is-still-in-a-cage/#disqus_thread)

http://freeadam.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Screen-Shot-2013-07-16-at-8.35.52-AM.png

(http://freeadam.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Screen-Shot-2013-07-16-at-8.35.52-AM.png)

According to the Fairfax county general court in Fairfax, Virginia, they still have Adam in custody. See the screenshot above, which I took at 9:30AM Eastern this morning (16 Jul 2013). This doesn’t mean that Adam will not be bailing out on the onerous conditions that the judge there in Fairfax has granted him. It just means that it hasn’t happened yet.

Adam is almost certainly capable of being bailed out if a bail bondsman will assist him, and I see no reason why one wouldn’t. Shield Mutual lent $500 to Adam’s business team early yesterday afternoon for this purpose – in case Adam wants to get out. With 10% of the $5,000 bond and a bail bondsman, Adam should be able to post bail.

I will update you with new information as I become aware of it.

George Donnelly george.donnelly@shieldmutual.com (215) 360-3513

Adam Kokesh Status

Mon 15 Jul 2013 10AM EDT: CAGED at the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center in Virgina on multiple federal felony charges. Adam has been granted the option of $5,000 bail. We don't yet know if he will accept the onerous release conditions or not.

Free Adam Kokesh Legal Fund Launched, Please Donate (http://freeadam.net/2013/07/15/kokesh-legal-fund/) 0 Comments and 0 Reactions (http://freeadam.net/2013/07/15/kokesh-legal-fund/#disqus_thread)
http://freeadam.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/freeadamfromtheman-300x300.jpg (http://freeadam.net/legal/)

Please support Adam Kokesh by donating to his legal fund.

Adam’s public relations defense provider, Shield Mutual, in association with his Adam vs. The Man business team is raising funds for Adam’s legal defense against the victimless "crime" charges that the state of Virginia levelled against him on 10 July 2013. After a brutal attack on his home the night of Tue 09 Jul 2013, paramilitary US Park Police have accused Adam of being in possession of psychedelic mushrooms and simultaneous possession of the mushrooms and a firearm.

Both charges are felonies.
Both charges are, even if proven true in a state court of injustice, victimless “crimes.”

Adam is not accused of hurting anyone
or causing property damage of any kind.

Below you can find the court documents for these charges.

DONATE HERE → FreeAdam.net/legal (http://freeadam.net/legal/)

Adam is GIVING the "non aggression principle" a rally point.

See it for what it is.
He's thrown himself into the system FOR LIBERTY.

Adam didn't put himself in jail just to get bailed out.
He put himself in so LIBERTY can have its day in court.

The legal defense we afford Adam is money spent on

"non aggression principle"
"end the drug war"
"stop the swat tactics"
"molon labe"

presence
07-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Gun rights activist granted bond in Fairfax County
but might remain in jail as protest

(http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/adam-kokesh-granted-bond-in-fairfax-county-but-may-remain-in-jail/2013/07/15/9db874a6-ed58-11e2-bed3-b9b6fe264871_story.html)http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/adam-kokesh-granted-bond-in-fairfax-county-but-may-remain-in-jail/2013/07/15/9db874a6-ed58-11e2-bed3-b9b6fe264871_story.html

A libertarian activist (http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/activist-adam-kokesh-reportedly-arrested-in-herndon/2013/07/10/73dbc8c2-e943-11e2-8f22-de4bd2a2bd39_story.html) arrested for allegedly possessing hallucinogenic mushrooms while also possessing a gun was granted a $5,000 bond Monday, but associates said

he might choose to remain in jail to protest the “illegitimate” charges.

07-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Doesn't matter. Eventually they'll come for you and your misdeeds. Just gotta wrap up the riff-raff first.

Ok, I'll deal with that when it happens.

but might remain in jail as protest

So 3 hots and a cot on our dime when he could be free is a protest?

pcosmar
07-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Yes, it is.

They could release him without conditions,, or drop the dumb shit all together.

Apparently not enough people are tired of paying for the State's stupidity, and allow this shit to continue. :(

It should be prohibitively expensive to violate someones rights. So very expensive that it never happens.

better-dead-than-fed
07-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Ok, I'll deal with that when it happens.

By breaking the law and attracting unwanted attention to us, or by writing your Congressman?

noneedtoaggress
07-16-2013, 12:53 PM

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

better-dead-than-fed
07-16-2013, 01:19 PM
My goal and I think that of many other Ron Paul followers is to educate the public at large about how and why we've come to be in the condition under which we find ourselves. We all have to do it in the communities in which we participate, like family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, churches, etc. From my perspective violent revolution will only bring very temporary liberty if any and might just give the government more excuse to prove their point that constitutionalists and other liberty oriented folks are terrorists.

On the other hand, your material support for an unconstitutional ruling regime would give freedom fighters a reason to treat you as the enemy.

With all that said your life is your own, do what you think is right and just hope you don't do something that you will regret...

You too.

Tod
07-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Seems that Adam has not accepted the conditions of the bail, so he's still in jail.

That is what I expected would happen. Any acceptance of terms gives a degree of credibility to the gov't, and that seems to be what Adam most opposes.

Tod
07-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Last time I looked, I saw no way to donate via paypal. Has that changed?

edit: I see this on the freeadam page

N.B. As of 15 Jul 2013 3:15PM Eastern, Jeff Phillips, Adam’s business manager, has suspended all fundraising efforts. Shield Mutual of course complies with this request as we only take action based on our customers’ instructions.

The Free Hornet
07-16-2013, 01:57 PM
That is what I expected would happen. Any acceptance of terms gives a degree of credibility to the gov't, and that seems to be what Adam most opposes.

Can you expand on that specifically? I'm trying to learn, not be disagreable (for a change). Do you give up certain legal rights (like to a speedy trial - if that still exists)? Or is it more idealogical?

Thanks

presence
07-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Can you expand on that specifically? I'm trying to learn, not be disagreable (for a change). Do you give up certain legal rights (like to a speedy trial - if that still exists)? Or is it more idealogical?

Thanks

Adam considers himself innocent. He's being held against his physical will and threatened with terms if he wants to be released. Adam has hurt no one. Adam has stolen nothing. Nor is he even accused of either. No victim No crime. Yet he is being held violently against his will. He is trump carding any "offers of bail" or such with non compliance. Compliance is consent. He is innocent of crime, he will not comply with threats of violence. He's showing the world just how bad you will suffer if you do not submit to the system for supposedly "felonious" non-crime. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes this to naked and beaten before he's out. He's showing you what they do to any innocent person that would choose not to comply with the authoritarian. The money you donate is not to "free adam". Its to set legal precedent; you can't swat raid people for a bag of mushrooms. You CAN carry a gun in the United States of America. We have religious freedoms in this country and freedom of speech. That's what freeadam is all about.

/not officially speaking for Adam Kokesh

http://onedaringjew.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/nail-crucifixion.jpg

pcosmar
07-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Can you expand on that specifically?

I do not know all of the conditions they impose for his release.
One of them ,,that was stated and is also known to me,, is that he would have to give up his 2nd amendment rights.
Adam is not accepting those terms
I do not know what other rights he may be expected to give up,, like freedom of travel or the freedom of speech.

Both are possible. and common.

noneedtoaggress
07-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Adam considers himself innocent. He's being held against his physical will and threatened with terms if he wants to be released. Adam has hurt no one. Adam has stolen nothing. Nor is he even accused of either. No victim No crime. Yet he is being held violently against his will. He is trump carding any "offers of bail" or such with non compliance. Compliance is consent. He is innocent of crime, he will not comply with threats of violence. He's showing the world just how bad you will suffer if you do not submit to the system for supposedly "felonious" non-crime. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes this to naked and beaten before he's out. He's showing you what they do to any innocent person that would choose not to comply with the authoritarian. The money you donate is not to "free adam". Its to set legal precedent; you can't swat raid people for a bag of mushrooms. You CAN carry a gun in the United States of America. We have religious freedoms in this country and freedom of speech. That's what freeadam is all about.

/not officially speaking for Adam Kokesh

http://onedaringjew.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/nail-crucifixion.jpg

He's saying the mushrooms aren't his (may have been planted), and hinted that there may have possibly been some sort of infiltration into his home by the Feds before the raid. He also said the judge in his bond hearing avoided looking at him and he felt that the judge realized there was something fishy about the case.

pcosmar
07-16-2013, 03:09 PM
He's saying the mushrooms aren't his (may have been planted), and hinted that there may have possibly been some sort of infiltration into his home by the Feds before the raid. He also said the judge in his bond hearing avoided looking at him and he felt that the judge realized there was something fishy about the case.

He is saying that? Where? (link please)
I had been suspecting that,, others had hinted at that.

But he is still locked up and I hadn't heard anything from him yet. (been looking)

Tod
07-16-2013, 03:14 PM
What presence said.

kcchiefs6465
07-16-2013, 03:20 PM
He is saying that? Where? (link please)
I had been suspecting that,, others had hinted at that.

But he is still locked up and I hadn't heard anything from him yet. (been looking)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezchucpzevk

pcosmar
07-16-2013, 03:36 PM
[video=youtube;Ezchucpzevk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezchucpzevk

Thanks for that,, quite interesting.

I just may have a write in if there is another election.

kcchiefs6465
07-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks for that,, quite interesting.

I just may have a write in if there is another election.
Yeah.

I mentioned when the raid first happened of how it is not uncommon for people to throw their drugs when the police come or raid. The person they are targeting gets the charge.. even if they were no where near them. I have no doubt that the mushrooms were not his and very well may have been intentionally planted.

A shame too. Seized all of his guns and silver as well. Destroyed a perfectly good safe.

Assholes all the way around, and people still find a way to support them. Far as I can tell simply because they don't like Adam's personality.

purplechoe
07-16-2013, 03:57 PM
On the other hand, your material support for an unconstitutional ruling regime would give freedom fighters a reason to treat you as the enemy.

You can do all you think you must but it's not gonna change anything until the people around you become aware of that fact. You know the TV or the education system isn't going to do it, so its up to us. What do you propose? Coup d'état? You gonna try and impose freedom on people?

pcosmar
07-16-2013, 04:40 PM
What do you propose? Coup d'état? You gonna try and impose freedom on people?

I personally am out of proposals. I supported Ron and his run,, but it was made clear that TPTB will not allow that my any means.

Now I am simply waiting for the next eventualities. Could be a collapse,, either economic or social,, could be simply an imposed Totalitarian State with not even lip service to any constitution.

It is clear that people are unwilling to fight even in the face of recent revelations. IRS, NSA, etc.
If folks fight I will join them, but otherwise I will resist alone,, if I have to hide in the forest.

I will not submit to the next iteration of the NWO.

torchbearer
07-16-2013, 05:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezchucpzevk

transcript?

kcchiefs6465
07-16-2013, 05:57 PM
transcript?
I don't have a transcript, no. It's a little echo-y considering it is a jail pay phone but if you turn the volume down a little or listen through headphones it isn't that bad.

Summary, he said the mushrooms were not his, he had no knowledge of mushrooms being there. Cops seized all ten of his guns and his silver from his safe. He told the cops he would open the safe for them if they showed him a warrant stating a safe specifically was to be searched. They didn't show him anything and instead broke into the safe.

He mentioned running for president in 2020. Stressed that everyone is an individual. Mentioned talking to some guards about liberty and self-ownership and seems to be doing good all things considered. Watch it if you can stand the sound. Adjusting the treble may help it a little. I'm not sure if they post transcripts of the show. I'm sure the pigs have one though. Which is why an attorney would probably recommend against openly speaking about the case.

He mentioned in the audio that he would have directed the police to the shotgun in question.

better-dead-than-fed
07-16-2013, 06:56 PM
You can do all you think you must but it's not gonna change anything until the people around you become aware of that fact.

What fact?

You know the TV or the education system isn't going to do it, so its up to us. What do you propose? Coup d'état? You gonna try and impose freedom on people?

I am not proposing anything besides self-defense.

The Northbreather
07-16-2013, 07:55 PM
I personally am out of proposals. I supported Ron and his run,, but it was made clear that TPTB will not allow that my any means.

Now I am simply waiting for the next eventualities. Could be a collapse,, either economic or social,, could be simply an imposed Totalitarian State with not even lip service to any constitution.

It is clear that people are unwilling to fight even in the face of recent revelations. IRS, NSA, etc.
If folks fight I will join them, but otherwise I will resist alone,, if I have to hide in the forest.

I will not submit to the next iteration of the NWO.

+1

Cheers to that

presence
07-17-2013, 02:25 PM
Kokesh SEARCH Warrant (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?421537-Kokesh-SEARCH-Warrant)

torchbearer
07-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Kokesh SEARCH Warrant (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?421537-Kokesh-SEARCH-Warrant)

thanks