PDA

View Full Version : New Utah NSA center requires 1.7M gallons of water daily to operate

green73
07-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Keep in mind, this is in the desert!

[video]

More secrets, more water? The NSA data center in Bluffdale could require as many as 1.7 million gallons of water per day to operate and keep computers cool.

cont
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=25978926&nid=148

juleswin
07-15-2013, 09:22 AM
I will be willing to turn a blind eye if the eco terrorist decide to strike this facility. Just this one time ;)

HOLLYWOOD
07-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Carpetbagger NSA... "Fuck You America/Utah, it's all about National Security"

Mundanes... "You're Rationed"
Serfs... "Rate Increases"
Farmers... "Grow something that doesn't need water"
Wildlife... "Find a new home or die"
Unrepresented Taxpayers... "Your money is worth Less"

Only question on the NSA is... National Security for whom?
For a government that causes Blowback from; subversion of nations, their governments, over throwing nations, bombing nations, destroying their cities/governments/countries, stealing their oil and natural resources, killing their inhabitants/citizens, spying on every person, building dossiers/evidence against every citizen in the '3 Felonies a day Amerika' and a matter of fact, every single country in the world... mostly used to destroy people in power or at minimum, bribing, or worse, blackmailing into doing something awful?

"National Security... the age old excuse of the authoritarian oppressor"

tod evans
07-15-2013, 10:04 AM
This alleged "National Security" is causing me much more harm than any 'good' it claims to do.

The financial implications alone are more than I am willing or able to accept, and I certainly haven't agreed to saddle my minor child with debt to fund this fiasco.

Anti Federalist
07-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Fuck this...

tod evans
07-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Shut the valve..

http://preview.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_2009_10_13__12_12_21/preview.jpgf562c3ac-858b-4268-9e59-6c08e722b5feLarger.jpg

Dr.3D
07-15-2013, 10:56 AM
They should have built it farther north. That is if they had to build it at all.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
07-15-2013, 02:26 PM
This alleged "National Security" is causing me much more harm than any 'good' it claims to do.

The financial implications alone are more than I am willing or able to accept, and I certainly haven't agreed to saddle my minor child with debt to fund this fiasco.

"Debt" is "monetized." (inflation) Don't entertain the notion that anyone is making their children pay for anything. It's an attempt to make you feel responsible and have feelings of guilt for something you never took part in. (you may know that, but I can't resist the opportunity to make that point.) No one is "putting their children in debt" in that manner.

dannno
07-15-2013, 06:10 PM
They should have built it farther north. That is if they had to build it at all.

If they'd built it just a little further north, they could potentially utilize the Great Salt Lake water.

Dr.3D
07-15-2013, 06:57 PM
If they'd built it just a little further north, they could potentially utilize the Great Salt Lake water.

Yes, with stainless steel coils, they could do that and still have it cost less than the 1.7M gallons of water/day they are paying for now.

Kodaddy
07-15-2013, 07:27 PM
That's a lot of waterboarding!

limequat
07-15-2013, 08:11 PM
It'd be a shame if all those fancy computers overheated if the water feed lines got accidentally clogged with mineral deposits or qwikrete or something.

paulbot24
07-15-2013, 08:14 PM
I think it is interesting that nobody was asking why the NSA needed a quantum computer before Snowden.......

jim49er
07-15-2013, 09:12 PM
It would be a shame if it rained in that data center like facebook. lol

http://storageservers.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/surprise-surprise-rain-inside-facebook-data-center/

Lucille
11-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Related: Op-Ed: Utahns should deny water to NSA center
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/57120093-82/nsa-power-facility-utah.html.csp

"Concealed within his fortress, the lord of Mordor sees all. His gaze pierces cloud, shadow, earth, and flesh."
— "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring"

Like the eye of Sauron, the NSA’s new facility in Utah overlooks hundreds of thousands of people in the valley below. Perched on a mountainside fortress of concrete and barricades, the 1-million-square-foot complex exists solely to allow the NSA to "see all."

In the wake of the Snowden leaks and widespread concern with the pervasive surveillance activities of the federal government, many Americans have been wondering how to fight back. Can an effective opposition even be mounted against the power of the NSA? What can be done to restore privacy and protect our rights?

The strategy to succeed is quite simple. When fully operational, the NSA facility is expected to require a staggering 1.7 million gallons of water every day to cool down the computers harvesting information on people worldwide. That water is supplied by the Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District, a political subdivision of the state. Without it, the facility cannot function...