PDA

View Full Version : do stand your ground laws favor whites to kill blacks?

Lord Xar
07-15-2013, 02:21 AM
Saw a post somewhere from pro Martin side about statistics that show Stand your Ground laws disproportionately give whites more favorable kill opportunities for blacks.. or a way to kill and use law as a reason.

FrankRep
07-15-2013, 02:28 AM
It depends on who's attacking and who's defending.

eduardo89
07-15-2013, 02:38 AM
Blacks are statistically more likely to attack whites than the other way around.

thoughtomator
07-15-2013, 02:40 AM
Statistically black on white crime is something like 30 times the reverse, so it's no wonder.

The root of the problem is the culture of violence within the black community, not people standing their ground. A nonviolent person has absolutely nothing to fear (and much to be thankful for) from a stand your ground law. A person who wanted to be violent without risking his life to do so would take the opposite opinion.

In my opinion, resorting to violence should mean you take your life in your hands and roll the dice, every single time. No complaining when you finally roll snake eyes - roll enough dice and you will.

WM_in_MO
07-15-2013, 05:48 AM
No.

kathy88
07-15-2013, 05:50 AM
What's with all these race baiting threads. Jesus. INDIVIDUAL liberty. This collectivist shit is working my last nerve.

juleswin
07-15-2013, 06:01 AM
What Kathy said. Its favors the meek to kill the aggressive. Stop injecting race into everything, let the story die. We say the MSM is using the story which is special for no reason to distract us from all that is going on but we cant even let it die.

You made up that post by yourself. Sad but you can post these type threads till you're blue in the face but you'll never get your race riots.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-15-2013, 06:11 AM
people stay out of predominately black neighborhoods for a reason
just sayin'
life is worth more than being politically correct. 99% of these liberal progressives wouldn't walk through a black neighborhood at night.

jbauer
07-15-2013, 06:15 AM
Stand your ground favors the folks being attacked. Doesn't matter if they're white black brown or purple.

liveandletlive
07-15-2013, 06:16 AM
Stand your ground favors the folks being attacked. Doesn't matter if they're white black brown or purple.

it didnt work for that black woman who fired warning shots

Nobexliberty
07-15-2013, 06:22 AM
it didnt work for that black woman who fired warning shots It only protects the ones who hit something.

Kregisen
07-15-2013, 06:28 AM

From what I understand, she left, went to the garage, picked up her gun, and then walked back in the house to shoot.

The problem with her case is the minimum sentencing law of 20 years. That's what's outrageous - not necessarily the fact that she did not get protection under the stand your ground law.

JCDenton0451
07-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Saw a post somewhere from pro Martin side about statistics that show Stand your Ground laws disproportionately give whites more favorable kill opportunities for blacks.. or a way to kill and use law as a reason.
This is leftist propaganda from ThinkProgress.

fisharmor
07-15-2013, 07:21 AM
do stand your ground laws favor whites to kill blacks?

Do they? No.
What favors whites to kill blacks is the fact that when the state comes and takes away the shooter's firearms (all of them), tosses his house, brings a bunch of bullshit charge multipliers into the case, and forces him to exhaust his resources defending himself in court, the white man is more likely to be able to survive that - or even undertake it to begin with.

A poor black man isn't going to have the resources to fight the state. And even if he did, he'd need more than the white guy because eventually someone, from the judge to the prosecutor to the cops to the detectives to the clerks filing the paperwork, is, actually, going to be racist, and is going to make things go worse for the black man.

The individual laws don't make it worse for blacks. The LAW makes it worse.
The state doesn't care about race. It just wants to ruin lives.
It just happens to be going for the easy prey.

FrankRep
07-15-2013, 07:33 AM
What's with all these race baiting threads. Jesus. INDIVIDUAL liberty. This collectivist shit is working my last nerve.
We live in a country with many collectivist groups.

I'm sorry if reality offends you.

07-15-2013, 08:02 AM

She left and came back to fire warning shots. She should have just left. Only use a gun when your life is in immediate danger and only shoot to kill.

Statistically this is true because blacks commit many times more crimes than whites.

juleswin
07-15-2013, 08:42 AM
She left and came back to fire warning shots. She should have just left. Only use a gun when your life is in immediate danger and only shoot to kill.

Statistically this is true because blacks commit many times more crimes than whites.

So fucking what? the same way the police dispatch had no right to tell Zimmerman what to do, is the same way the state cannot tell her how to fend off an aggressor. I would like to know how many of you defending the state's behaviour will run inside their how to cower if they know there were dangerous thugs outside their house? The warning shot is to tell the perp not to mess with her again.

The right to self defense is not is an inalienable right and as I have already said, any punishment more than payment for dmged property is too much

jtstellar
07-15-2013, 08:58 AM
stand your ground law had nothing to do with it as this video neatly broke down the backgrounds of this case msm didn't report on, including mr martin's habit of breaking opponent's nose during all his fights at school against other schoolmates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF-Ax5E8EJc

HigherVision
07-15-2013, 09:32 AM

I guess you wouldn't have any more fear then walking through an inner city at night than you would a white suburb since you're such an anti-collectivist, right?

Nobexliberty
07-15-2013, 10:12 AM
I guess you wouldn't have any more fear then walking through an inner city at night than you would a white suburb since you're such an anti-collectivist, right? And what about black suburbs or are only white suburbs safe?

asurfaholic
07-15-2013, 11:07 AM
And what about black suburbs or are only white suburbs safe?

That's a fancy name for 'da hood'..

/kidding

Nobexliberty
07-15-2013, 11:16 AM
That's a fancy name for 'da hood'..

/kiddingShould I feel bad for laughing?

LibertyEagle
07-15-2013, 11:22 AM

Seriously dude, this has been pointed out to you before. Go read the court case and stop parroting the leftist media. They weren't "warning shots".

LibertyEagle
07-15-2013, 11:22 AM
So fucking what? the same way the police dispatch had no right to tell Zimmerman what to do, is the same way the state cannot tell her how to fend off an aggressor. I would like to know how many of you defending the state's behaviour will run inside their how to cower if they know there were dangerous thugs outside their house? The warning shot is to tell the perp not to mess with her again.

The right to self defense is not is an inalienable right and as I have already said, any punishment more than payment for dmged property is too much

Go read the damn court case, before putting your other foot in your mouth.

07-15-2013, 11:24 AM

If you get away, it's no longer self defense and you aren't fending off anything. That's how the law works. You can't come back and shoot. She should have had her gun on her and shot him in self defense or kept on going once she got away.

juleswin
07-15-2013, 11:31 AM
If you get away, it's no longer self defense and you aren't fending off anything. That's how the law works. You can't come back and shoot.

According to the state, yes. But I bet she didn't consider being safe with the ex still standing outside her house. Wasn't there a case a few weeks ago where an ex broke into the house of a woman and almost killed her?

All in all, a warning shot which didn't kill anyone shouldn't be used to lock you up in prison for 20yrs. To hell what the state's official definition of self defense is

angelatc
07-15-2013, 11:35 AM

She was not standing her ground. She went out to the car and came back with her gun.

angelatc
07-15-2013, 11:39 AM
According to the state, yes. But I bet she didn't consider being safe with the ex still standing outside her house.

I don't feel safe because of something that happened to me 20 years ago. Doesn't give me the right to drive to Florida and put a bullet in the guy, even though I'd feel safer if he was dead.

Not feeling safe is the reason to carry a gun. It doesn't mean you get to exterminate people who make you feel less safe with it. You have to be in immediate danger, not just feeling less safe.

Her ex said she was the physical aggressor. Since it is likely that both people are embellishing their versions, the best solution is what we got - it is illegal to go back to your car and come back with a gun.

juleswin
07-15-2013, 11:48 AM
I don't feel safe because of something that happened to me 20 years ago. Doesn't give me the right to drive to Florida and put a bullet in the guy, even though I'd feel safer if he was dead.

Not feeling safe is the reason to carry a gun. It doesn't mean you get to exterminate people who make you feel less safe with it. You have to be in immediate danger, not just feeling less safe.

Her ex said she was the physical aggressor. Since it is likely that both people are embellishing their versions, the best solution is what we got - it is illegal to go back to your car and come back with a gun.

I will twist your last sentence just a bit

Her ex said she was the physical aggressor. Since it is likely that both people are embellishing their versions, the best solution is what we got - it is should be legal to go back to your car, bring out your gun and fire a warning shot(which killed/hurt nobody) to diffuse a very volatile situation.

To your first paragraph, I think we all know how ridiculous it is to compare shooting a guy because of a threat you felt 20 yrs ago to firing a warning shot because the person that just threatened you mins ago is still at your doorstep.

07-15-2013, 11:53 AM
The law does not recognize a "warning shot". If you shoot, it should be to kill.

Same thing happened to a guy locally, went inside got his gun, fired off a warning shot, went to jail.

juleswin
07-15-2013, 12:06 PM
The law does not recognize a "warning shot". If you shoot, it should be to kill.

Same thing happened to a guy locally, went inside got his gun, fired off a warning shot, went to jail.

There lies the problem. The state does not recognize warning shot. This will explain why police officers in the country never ever shoot for the leg or give warning shots cos the state has decreed that if you shoot, it must be to kill.

You fix that law and you'll fix a big chunk of the officer killing problems this country is facing

Carlybee
07-15-2013, 12:09 PM
I've always heard if you shoot someone on your property, make sure to drag them inside the house.

angelatc
07-15-2013, 12:48 PM
To your first paragraph, I think we all know how ridiculous it is to compare shooting a guy because of a threat you felt 20 yrs ago to firing a warning shot because the person that just threatened you mins ago is still at your doorstep.

If you want to talk about abolishing minimum sentencing standards and plea bargains, I'm on board 100%. If you think you're going to make a case where I support going out to the car, getting a gun, then coming back to a SHARED domicile and threaten to shoot a husband, I can assure you that isn't going to happen.

Once she left the house, and he didn't follow her, she was no longer in immediate danger.

And for the record, the incident happened 20 years ago. The threat is still very much alive and well.

Lord Xar
07-15-2013, 02:16 PM
This is the study that was referred. At work so now I can post it.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/criminal-justice/is-there-racial-bias-in-stand-your-ground-laws/

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/art/cats/cj/graph072512.png

Dr.3D
07-15-2013, 02:24 PM
The stand your ground laws only favor those who are being attacked. They are hell on the attackers though. Make from that what you will.