PDA

View Full Version : Out of donation money, here is a great idea!

caradeporra
11-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Hey everyone,

I have my new site up. www.ronpaulslist.com If you dont have any money, sell some of the "junk" you have lying around the house on ebay. Upload the ebay url to my site and donate all the money you make from the auction to the Ron Paul campaign.

If you have donated $2300 and cant donate any more, tell the winning bidder to donate directly to the campaign and put your email in the email slot. You will get the donation confirmation directly from the Ron Paul campaign saying that the donation was made. Then you send the auction product. Everybody wins!!

If you dont have money to donate because you need to buy christmas presents, then go to my site www.ronpaulslist.com and buy your Xmas presents there! The money you spend from there will go towards the Ron Paul campaign. Everybody wins!!

www.ronpaulslist.com
BUY - SELL - DONATE!

micahnelson
11-27-2007, 11:32 AM
looks good. Only for people who havent maxed out and can't afford to though, obviously.

mport1
11-27-2007, 11:43 AM
This is a really good idea. My only suggestion would be to put a little bit more of an explanation about how it works on the main page and maybe an RP picture or video.

caradeporra
11-27-2007, 12:44 PM
looks good. Only for people who havent maxed out and can't afford to though, obviously.

Well actually, if you have maxed out, you can simply ask the buyer to donate the money directly to Ron Paul's campaign, and in the email box, put the SELLERS email. Then the Ron Paul campaign would actually send the receipt of donation to the seller, confirming to the seller that the donation was made. The seller could then ship the product to the buyer and everybody wins.

This is actually a great way to do it, because then the buyer would know 100% that the donation was being made!

Thanks for the input on the site, i will work on that right away! also, if anyone has time, feel free to upload auctions, sells that you find to the site! THEY DO NOT HAVE TO BE UPLOADED BY THE SELLER!!

If everyone added two or three that werent on there already, it would help tremendously!

thank you!

mport1
11-27-2007, 01:31 PM
This is so much better than ebay.

caradeporra
11-27-2007, 01:58 PM
mport,

I have updated the site, thank you for your suggestions. Let me know what you think.

www.ronpaulslist.com

reduen
11-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Ok, you talked me into it. Here is the first item that I have decided I can part with!

I know many of you may not get this but you would not believe how hard it was for me to list this item..

Item number: 200178683787

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESEX:IT&item=200178683787&_trksid=p3984.cSELL.m315.lVI

I will try to figure out how to list it on your site next.. :)

reduen
11-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Have I done everything correctly?

caradeporra
11-27-2007, 07:33 PM
yes, looks good. It has posted. Just spread the word to everyone! Just spend an hour or two going through your stuff to find things you never use, that someone else will enjoy. Sell it, and donate that money to Ron Paul.

Imagine if EVERY Ron Paul supporter sold one video game they havent played in over a year, or one dvd they havent seen. I know i have some dvd's i never opened and dont think i every will. In fact, i think i am going to sell those for donations.

Mark
11-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Well actually, if you have maxed out, you can simply ask the buyer to donate the money directly to Ron Paul's campaign, and in the email box, put the SELLERS email. Then the Ron Paul campaign would actually send the receipt of donation to the seller, confirming to the seller that the donation was made. The seller could then ship the product to the buyer and everybody wins.

Just a suggestion, you might better check and be sure that
specifically telling someone to donate to the campaign for you isn't violating the $2300 limit.

I believe that it is, else, people would do it all the time to circumvent FEC limits.

You could possibly end up being fined or put in jail for doing so.

caradeporra
11-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Just a suggestion, you might better check and be sure that
specifically telling someone to donate to the campaign for you isn't violating the $2300 limit.

I believe that it is, else, people would do it all the time to circumvent FEC limits.

You could possibly end up being fined or put in jail for doing so.

My opinion is that you are not telling someone to donate for you, but are saying, "If the bidder is going to donate anyway, donate this much and the seller will give the bidder a gift for donating."

caradeporra
11-28-2007, 10:51 AM
yes, but a seller can take payment however he sees fit. And if he accepts donation confirmations as payment, then why not? I believe it is in the constitution (although we all know that does not necessarily mean it is legal anymore ;) that the people can trade. Car dealers are willing to accept your old car in lieu of part of the payment....sellers should be able to accept donation confirmations in lieu of part (or all) of the payment.

JenHarris
11-28-2007, 11:11 AM
One suggestion for your site. Next to the link for each category list how many items are inside it. That way people don't click on links that have nothing there :)

caradeporra
11-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Great idea, i just did that! (it was a pain in the butt, but its working now)!

caradeporra
11-28-2007, 07:56 PM
one hour through the debate, ron paul has about 1 and 1/2 minutes talk time!

caradeporra
11-30-2007, 02:38 PM
$315,000 raised so far! Running out of money? sell some of your unused stuff.
www.ronpaulslist.com

fireinme
11-30-2007, 02:51 PM
For legal matters put queries here http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

MarcS
11-30-2007, 03:01 PM
I was having the same idea as i'm a poor college student that's going to have plenty of room left to donate. I just want to know if it's legal before I do it....i'm okay with grey areas.

caradeporra
12-01-2007, 10:22 AM
IMHO, a seller can take payment however he sees fit. If a 10 donation confirmation is worth 10 dollars to the seller, why wouldnt he be allowed to "accept" that as payment?

Suzu
12-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks for making this site! I'll use it to promote my oil-on-canvas Ron Paul portrait when I finish it.

goRPaul
12-01-2007, 11:58 AM
This is a great way to donate. We all love to go shopping, so as long as we go shopping here, we know our money is going to the campaign. We should really start using this very frequently.

caradeporra
12-02-2007, 05:49 PM
It is a great way to get your christmas presents.

caradeporra
12-04-2007, 12:16 PM
`'

caradeporra
12-05-2007, 10:15 PM
dont forget to check out www.blitzthemedia.com