PDA

View Full Version : smuggle 150 lbs from Mexico, No Problem!

libertyjam
07-14-2013, 05:13 PM
New business idea [while you can do it], get caught with less than 150 lbs of weed, get set free...

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2013/07/heckuva-job-nappy-illegal-aliens.html

HECKUVA JOB, NAPPY! Illegal Aliens Smuggling Less Than 150 Lbs. Drugs into U.S. are Set Free by Feds
Gee, I wonder how the Cartels will adapt to this brilliant tactic on the part of DHS?

The Border Patrol is as busy as ever catching smugglers hauling drugs from Mexico. But many who are caught are now being given a free pass.

Brooks County Sheriff Rey Rodriguez took us on Texas Highway 281. This is a major route for smugglers bringing narcotics into the United States from Mexico. He acknowledges that drugs come up here every day and in multiple loads.

Each year the Border Patrol checkpoint seizes hundreds of thousands of pounds of marijuana.

"We have 'em put it in spare tires and gas tanks," said a Border Patrol agent, whose voice and identity has been disguised because the agent feared of being fired for telling us what happens next - that up to 60 smugglers a month are being let go.

"We catch 'em, but then because our hands are tied, they end up walking and being released," said the agent.

As for what the biggest load of marijuana he's seen where someone was still let go, he said: "The biggest load that I've seen is right around 140 pounds."

Police here say federal authorities generally won't prosecute traffickers moving less than 150 pounds of marijuana with a street value of $120,000... Brooks County, Texas, prosecutor Carlos Garcia [depicted] acknowledges there is not enough money to prosecute trafficking cases of marijuana weighing less than 150 pounds.

"We're having problems here," said Garcia. "And it's not crime that's in our area, it's crime that's passing through our area. They just happen to get caught here... they're going to the rest of the United States."

The Justice Department declined our request for an interview. But in a statement, the agency said it had to "make difficult choices regarding funding" for border prosecutions.

The Border Patrol told CBS News in an email that if no one picks up those cases, agents have "no alternative but to seize the illegal drugs ... and then release the individuals involved".

...Since suspects can't be released at this highway checkpoint, federal agents are often stuck giving smugglers a ride to the nearest bus stop.

As for Janet Napolitano: good riddance. Hopefully her replacement will be someone marginally competent, which would be a thousand-fold improvement. But I'm not holding my breath.

angelatc
07-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Yeah, but as a citizen, if you bring as much as a Kinder Surprise egg over the border, you're in some serious freaking trouble.

libertyjam
07-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Yeah, but as a citizen, if you bring as much as a Kinder Surprise egg over the border, you're in some serious freaking trouble.

Illegals Only need apply...

eduardo89
07-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Illegals Only need apply...

Where do I fill out an application?

catfeathers
07-14-2013, 05:53 PM
I used to know an American guy that did this. He went straight for a while but he was having trouble making ends meet. The last time I spoke to him he was thinking of going back to his old job.

Origanalist
07-14-2013, 05:58 PM

Go find these guys.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/85938/mexicanmafia.jpg

better-dead-than-fed
07-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Those guys were nice to me while Americans were torturing me.

libertyjam
07-14-2013, 06:08 PM

smuggler@jobsforu.com

kcchiefs6465
07-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Frankly, good.

Last I'd want to see is someone being locked in a cell for thirty some years for plants.

150 pounds really isn't even that much. We'll say high end of the spectrum for dirt weed is going to be $650 a pound. They're probably not getting that. Closer to $400. Average of what, $65,000 dollars? That's not even profit. Some of that money is someone elses. What's it cost to imprison a man for a year? Conservatively around $40,000? What's the point? If they gave him a slap on the wrist with 10 years, that's five or six times more money as drugs he had. It doesn't make sense. No victim, no crime.

Not to mention the only reason people even smoke that bullshit is because of the federal government's "war on drugs" I mean monopoly. Bugs and mold... it's doing more harm to the youth than if good quality cannabis was legalized and available. They wouldn't be smoking that garbage and K2 would have never been concocted.

I doubt the person smuggling the marijuana would have stayed anyways. Likely just drop it off and go back for another trip.

If you can't keep drugs out of prison, how are they going to keep drugs out of a country? We're already a quasi-police state with militarized boots kicking doors in and seizing property yet there is no shortage of drugs.

better-dead-than-fed
07-14-2013, 06:24 PM
fwiw they don't own the drugs, just delivering it

kcchiefs6465
07-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Not to mention those already operating with DEA impunity.

The ones actually flooding this country with drugs.

They'll go after the little workers but some of these guys are CIA assets. They're DEA "informants." Explains why Rick Ross got life and Danilo Blandon got what, three years? Give a deal to the bigger fish to catch the smaller fish. Tsk Tsk. It's not hard to see through their bullshit when you look. Most of America has never even heard of Norwin Meneses Costa Rican operation/DEA approval. Multi-ton dealers operating with impunity and when I say with impunity, I mean impunity. Investigations into them are stymied and thwarted and they are protected by some of the highest men in office.

Cele Castillo told George H.W. Bush what was coming back on those planes from Nicaragua. All he did was smile and thank Cele for his service.

kcchiefs6465
07-14-2013, 06:28 PM
fwiw they don't own the drugs, just delivering it
Makes the notion of throwing them in a cell for decades that much more absurd.

Peace Piper
07-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Not to mention those already operating with DEA impunity.
The ones actually flooding this country with drugs.

Like what is advertised every 7 minutes on afternoon TV?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGymr78FtbU
The warning is actually longer than the pitch for the drug.

What if Plants were called Drugs and Drugs were called Medicine and all but forced on children?
This might happen! (http://ssristories.com/index.php)

07-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Do the illegals smuggling at least get a grope and scan like us upstanding citzens do on the way out?

kcchiefs6465
07-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Like what is advertised every 7 minutes on afternoon TV?

The warning is actually longer than the pitch for the drug.

What if Plants were called Drugs and Drugs were called Medicine and all but forced on children?

Great point.

Occam's Banana
07-14-2013, 08:08 PM
New business idea [while you can do it], get caught with less than 150 lbs of weed, get set free...

Getting your inventory taken away from you doesn't sound like much of a business plan to me.

The CIA might appreciate it, though - perhaps they'll be kind enough to offer subsidies or offsets ...

[The Justice Department] said it had to "make difficult choices regarding funding" for border prosecutions.

Ah, so that's how it is. I smell the stink of sequester-inspired special-pleading bullshit.

"Damn! We just can't find the money for cross-border drug interdiction - even though we haven't defunded any of the McGruff-the-Crime-Dog type stuff."

Dianne
07-14-2013, 08:38 PM
And if you're really creative enough... ask Eric Holder to send 100 to 150 Ak-47's to be sure you get the drugs here safely.