PDA

View Full Version : Police Academy: less military training, more empathy.

JK/SEA
07-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Can't wait to see how this goes.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021389398_policeacademyxml.html

''Rahr, who had served in law enforcement for 33 years and as King County sheriff since 2005, said she was bothered when she arrived at the academy and noticed plaques and symbols promoting the warrior mentality.''

liberty2897
07-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Can't wait to see how this goes.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021389398_policeacademyxml.html

''Rahr, who had served in law enforcement for 33 years and as King County sheriff since 2005, said she was bothered when she arrived at the academy and noticed plaques and symbols promoting the warrior mentality.''

This content of this article is encouraging. Thank you for posting.

SeanTX
07-14-2013, 02:58 PM
And this is the same "good sheriff" who stands behind and supports a thug deputy who is regularly being investigated for police brutality, has cost over $10 million in lawsuits against the county, and who knocked an innocent man into a life-long vegetative state ( that would be her fat thug Deputy Matthew Paul).

This is just some feel good ass covering to throw a bone to any uppity mundanes in her county -- "look at how much we care." Like how in Colorado they are going to give officers special training in dealing with dogs -- I guarantee you the dog shooting rate will go up there as a result as a "fuck you" to the citizens, the cops will just laugh at the "training" they will get.

Scrapmo
07-14-2013, 08:14 PM
This is good to read, but I wont hold my breath.

I often wonder what kind of brain washing goes on in police academys.

Story time: I have a friend who is a sheriffs deputy. I have known him for 20 years, most of that time he was "just a civilian". A few years ago my humble, affable, good nature friend went into the police academy and sent back a doppelganger in his place. He is now a moody, arrogant, borderline alcoholic. A man who once had a strong moral center and sense of right and wrong is now justifying ever tale of police abuse that I bring to him. And he is VERY good at it as well, which is also telling considering before he never had a knack for debate. This tells me he must have been trained in the art of the coverup.

He reverts back to his old self once I can get him away from the "mentality" for a few hours. But I just have to wonder how strong the kool-aid must be to turn a man completely against everything he once stood for in the matter of a few months?

surf
07-14-2013, 09:27 PM
not holding my breath, but easing pot laws here seems to have helped a very minute amount