PDA

View Full Version : Obama Files Federal Charges Against George Zimmerman Following Acquittal in Shooting Murde

Chester Copperpot
07-14-2013, 06:42 AM
Whats the deal with this?? My gut instinct tells me this is bullshit.. but I want to throw this out to the RPF community for analysis and discussion

Just when we thought the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case was over after Zimmerman’s acquittal, the Obama Administration has taken the steps needed to file federal charges, thus sidestepping the well established double jeopardy, against Zimmerman. Unidentified sources within the Administration have confirmed that Obama, and Justice Eric Holder at the Department of Justice have filed charges against Zimmerman for “violating Trayvon Martin’s civil rights”.

Double jeopardy is an often misunderstood concept in American Law. The rule merely states that an individual cannot be tried twice for the same crime in the SAME COURT. Liberal Justice Department officials often charge Americans with crimes from which they have previously been acquitted by filing federal charges on a similar crime in a federal court.

http://nationalreport.net/obama-files-federal-charges-against-george-zimmerman-following-acquittal-in-shooting-murder-of-trayvon-martin/

osan
07-14-2013, 06:57 AM
Whats the deal with this?? My gut instinct tells me this is bullshit.. but I want to throw this out to the RPF community for analysis and discussion

Just when we thought the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case was over after Zimmerman’s acquittal, the Obama Administration has taken the steps needed to file federal charges, thus sidestepping the well established double jeopardy, against Zimmerman. Unidentified sources within the Administration have confirmed that Obama, and Justice Eric Holder at the Department of Justice have filed charges against Zimmerman for “violating Trayvon Martin’s civil rights”.

Double jeopardy is an often misunderstood concept in American Law. The rule merely states that an individual cannot be tried twice for the same crime in the SAME COURT. Liberal Justice Department officials often charge Americans with crimes from which they have previously been acquitted by filing federal charges on a similar crime in a federal court.

http://nationalreport.net/obama-files-federal-charges-against-george-zimmerman-following-acquittal-in-shooting-murder-of-trayvon-martin/

Surely this surprises nobody. Zimmerman is an idiot. Part of me says he deserves what he got, but I keep that part stuffed. Had he been the least bit intelligent and had his attorney's been on the planning ball, they would have anticipated this and the moment the acquittal came through travel to Brazil would have been arranged and he would be there by now. Obama could file all the charges he wants for all the good it would do.

I am having some difficulty dredging up even a little sympathy for this numb nut. I am glad he was acquitted - I do believe he drilled that punk righteously, but he put himself in the position of needing to do it. He could have walked away.

kcchiefs6465
07-14-2013, 07:03 AM
I don't see anyone reporting the story aside from the link you provided.

The NAACP has urged Obama to do so. Over 100,000 people signed a petition and it really wouldn't surprise me if this is the petition they actually listened to.

I think the story is ahead of its time. Though charges of civil rights violations may never come.

juleswin
07-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Surely this surprises nobody. Zimmerman is an idiot. Part of me says he deserves what he got, but I keep that part stuffed. Had he been the least bit intelligent and had his attorney's been on the planning ball, they would have anticipated this and the moment the acquittal came through travel to Brazil would have been arranged and he would be there by now. Obama could file all the charges he wants for all the good it would do.

I am having some difficulty dredging up even a little sympathy for this numb nut. I am glad he was acquitted - I do believe he drilled that punk righteously, but he put himself in the position of needing to do it. He could have walked away.

And do what when he gets to Brazil? you say its like its the most obvious thing to do but its not. My guess is that he is running very low on funds and would need to find employment very soon. Also consider that the wife is still going through her own court nightmare. If he thinks he is innocent, he should stand and fight. His case is different from Snowden's

asurfaholic
07-14-2013, 07:30 AM
lol @ Obama acting all upset about "civil rights violations." What a fucking joke.

juleswin
07-14-2013, 07:41 AM
lol @ Obama acting all upset about "civil rights violations." What a fucking joke.

The hypocrite is a walking example of a civil and human right violator.

cajuncocoa
07-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Looking over the other headlines on that site it's pretty obvious it's satire.
http://nationalreport.net/

tangent4ronpaul
07-14-2013, 07:51 AM
Un-freeking-believable! Don't like a verdict, drag the guy through hell again. One has to wonder why Mr. "Judge, Jury and Executioner" Obama just doesn't put the guy on his hit list. :rolleyes:

-t

tangent4ronpaul
07-14-2013, 07:53 AM
Looking over the other headlines on that site it's pretty obvious it's satire.
http://nationalreport.net/

Why is this so easy for us to believe that Obama and Holder would do such a thing?

-t

cajuncocoa
07-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Why is this so easy for us to believe that Obama and Holder would do such a thing?

-t

Because he would, and he probably will. It just hasn't happened yet. :)

Meatwasp
07-14-2013, 08:50 AM
If someone attacked we from behind and started pounding my head on the pavement and said you are going to die tonight I sure as heck would use a knife or gun. I haven't Been following this too long.

dannno
07-14-2013, 10:34 AM

Or he could have protected his community as they had been having a lot of break-ins.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?421122-VIDEO-The-Truth-About-George-Zimmerman-and-Trayvon-Martin-(Stefan-Molyneux)

Anti Federalist
07-14-2013, 11:01 AM

This is the point I have been making all along, and my Florida CCW training made it very clear that if you initiated contact, continued contact, and then it went sideways, you lost much, if not all of the legal protections of justified self defense.

nobody's_hero
07-14-2013, 11:04 AM
The distraction died out too soon. Milk the exposure for whatever it's worth, Washington has bills of tyranny to pass in the dead of night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REwqXm_cwMM

Dr.3D
07-14-2013, 11:11 AM

Wouldn't it be pretty hard to walk away when you are being followed?
This image shows the path of both Zimmerman and Martin.
It seems Zimmerman wasn't following Martin, but rather just crossing an area where he couldn't drive. On his way back, he was accosted by Martin.

From the looks of it, Martin could have just entered the back door of where he was living, but instead, chose to double back and confront Zimmerman.
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/zimmerman_map_of_events.jpg

We know Martin made it to the backyard of where he was living, because he mentioned it to his girl friend.
If you need to see her say so, here is the video where she mentions that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR1VabQYLKQ&feature=player_embedded

It seems Martin was following Zimmerman.

tod evans
07-14-2013, 11:14 AM
the Obama Administration has taken the steps needed to file federal charges, thus sidestepping the well established double jeopardy, against Zimmerman. Unidentified sources within the Administration have confirmed that Obama, and Justice Eric Holder at the Department of Justice have filed charges against Zimmerman for “violating Trayvon Martin’s civil rights”.

A hot poker'd be too nice for those snakes in suits.

Nothing but total disdain for the "Just-Us" dept.

enhanced_deficit
07-14-2013, 11:15 AM

Obama himself is a major violator of civil rights and right to life of many children even younger than Travyon even if they don't remind him of the son Obama never had.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?419799-Shoes-hit-quot-war-criminal-quot-Obama-s-photo-during-his-South-Africa-visit&p=5101343&viewfull=1#post5101343

"Hypocrite of the century" title for him out of Irish parliament seems about right.

98goat
07-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Zimmerman had know business getting out his SUV if tayvon was not committing a crime zimmerman should've followed the insrtuction from the 911 disspacter point blank period . Obama has every rite to file an appeal for federal couru.

LibertyEagle
07-14-2013, 02:41 PM

He TRIED to walk away!!! He was walking back to his car when Trayvon jumped him!

Ranger29860
07-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Zimmerman had no business getting out his SUV if Trayvon was not committing a crime Zimmerman should've followed the instruction from the 911 dispatcher point blank period . Obama has every right to file an appeal for federal court.

There fixed it for you.

This is obviously a fake news story people. It was pointed out in the first three post.

LibertyEagle
07-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Zimmerman had know business getting out his SUV if tayvon was not committing a crime zimmerman should've followed the insrtuction from the 911 disspacter point blank period . Obama has every rite to file an appeal for federal couru.

One, the 911 dispatcher is not the police and what's more, she did not instruct him to do crap. Two, he had every right to get out of his car, as does every other free person. He wanted to get the name of the street he was on, so that he could tell the police where to come. He was walking back to his car when Trayvon jumped him and proceeded to break his nose and beat his head against the pavement.

aGameOfThrones
07-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Time to riot?

Antischism
07-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Uhh, that's a parody site. Not sure why it deserves a thread.

Here are some other headlines from that site also not deserving of threads:

Poll: Can Zimmerman get a Mistrial if the Lady Jury is on Their Periods?
Strengthening the Republican Party, Part 1 – Pray Away the Black
Chinese Ladies Who Like To Sneeze Into Artichokes If They Aren’t On Sale Form Garden Club To Steal Your Plants
Ted Cruz Secret Genetic Mutation Has Democrats Worried
Chicken & Hennessey Loving Negro Kanye Eats Kim’s Homemade Fried Chicken