PDA

View Full Version : Vote Ron Paul for Time Magazine Person of the Year!!!

fightfortruth
11-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Make sure that everyone votes at the Time Magazine poll for Man of the Year 2007. This will be a great boost to Dr. Paul campaign.

I just voted and he does not even appear among the top 10 contenders. Please vote and spread the message far and wide.

Here is the link to vote:

Who will be the new Person of the Year?

http://time-blog.com/talkback/poywalkup07.php
and here is the page with the top ten contenders, so far:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1672153_1674439_1674440,00.html

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 10:59 AM
he should be #2 for sure he definetley has more vote than anyone, as much I dont like gore, I'm pretty sure they are gonna give it to him no matter what.

Benaiah
11-27-2007, 11:00 AM
They probably will discount the votes because they will see that all the traffic came from this Ron Paul website.

Break the link please.

steph3n
11-27-2007, 11:01 AM
what crappy choices they give for POY

i am not even talking in a biased sense here, NONE of those people have done anything to be POY

sgrooms
11-27-2007, 11:02 AM
http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/0,28757,1672153,00.html?pkw=PSTMGLTX111207SNND1407

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 11:03 AM
he saids break the link, and you post another one, cute

werdd
11-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Hillary Rodham Clinton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is the only female in the country willing to stand up against all the men who are running and do it with the utmost class and dignity. It is absolutely awesome that the Governor of my state which is Ohio is endorsing her and since Ohio is a major state when it comes to electoral votes I am no doubt very optimistic. I think it is going to be very hard to pick a running mate because there are very few men that are even half as gifted as she is. If she asked me who to select for a running mate it would have to be Fred Thompson.

Wow, are people really so retarded?

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 11:05 AM
I won't complain if JK ROwling gets it, still how is ROn Paul not on the top 10, I swear he's got more votes than that?

literatim
11-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Uh, how do you vote?

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Hillary Rodham Clinton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is the only female in the country willing to stand up against all the men who are running and do it with the utmost class and dignity. It is absolutely awesome that the Governor of my state which is Ohio is endorsing her and since Ohio is a major state when it comes to electoral votes I am no doubt very optimistic. I think it is going to be very hard to pick a running mate because there are very few men that are even half as gifted as she is. If she asked me who to select for a running mate it would have to be Fred Thompson.

wow... to say Hillary is gifted and ask for Clinton/Thompson ticket is obscene neglect for the best interest of your country

kylejack
11-27-2007, 11:07 AM
what crappy choices they give for POY

i am not even talking in a biased sense here, NONE of those people have done anything to be POY

Ahmedinejad would be great for POY.

fightfortruth
11-27-2007, 11:07 AM
My assistant group organizer sent me this in an email so I wanted to send this to the forums just in case people haven't voted yet. If you are worried about the traffic coming from this website then just copy and paste the link in the address bar. That's what I do. :-)

fightfortruth
11-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Uh, how do you vote?

You leave a comment. That's your vote. :-)

Starks
11-27-2007, 11:09 AM
fight, that doesn't help the situation. BREAK THE LINK.

Naraku
11-27-2007, 11:10 AM
They're probably like, "The Paulbots are spamming us, well we just won't put him up. :P"

RPinSEAZ
11-27-2007, 11:12 AM
This is complete BS. 80% of the comments for person of the year were for Ron Paul. I am disgusted.

mavtek
11-27-2007, 11:16 AM
I think it's safe to say we have the most write ins.

Matthew Zak
11-27-2007, 11:19 AM
I think I already voted for ron paul, so I doubt my most recent entry will go through, but this is what I just tried to say:

Ron Paul. He is Jesus Christ reincarnated. People are saying, "WWRPD?" He's being ridiculed by the main stream media. Because he wants to limit the power of government, many people think this is a suicide mission, a thought which has no doubt crossed the good Dr.'s mind. He's curing a disease in people which many thought to be incurable: Apathy. He is my new personal hero, and his run for president has changed my life. I am one of a vast plethora of people who feel this way. Ron Paul simply is the person of the year, hands down.

RPinSEAZ
11-27-2007, 11:19 AM
I think we should all vote Ahmadenijad as a protest vote. I'm not one for conspiracies, but they obviously saw Ron Paul's name as 80% of the suggestions and completely ignored it. It's complete fucking BS. Sorry about the language, but I am seriously pissed off that they would do this.

RPinSEAZ
11-27-2007, 11:20 AM
I think it's safe to say we have the most write ins.

They looked at the list of names people wrote in and cherry picked names for their final poll. I think I saw Steve Jobs on there maybe twice, and Ahmadenijad was on there as a sarcastic response, but somehow he made it.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-27-2007, 11:25 AM
I tried to post a pro-Paul comment but I don't think it even went through.

Exponent
11-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Ahmedinejad would be great for POY.
That's who I voted for. Ron Paul just doesn't compare in terms of influence, yet. Maybe in 2008, with the primaries and general election. Perhaps in 2009, first year in office, if he wins the election. But for 2007, he only represents potentiality. I couldn't vote for him here; it simply seemed like an attempt to misuse Time's query in order to obtain attention.

kylejack
11-27-2007, 11:28 AM
That's who I voted for. Ron Paul just doesn't compare in terms of influence, yet. Maybe in 2008, with the primaries and general election. Perhaps in 2009, first year in office, if he wins the election. But for 2007, he only represents potentiality. I couldn't vote for him here; it simply seemed like an attempt to misuse Time's query in order to obtain attention.

Bingo bango.

Naraku
11-27-2007, 11:43 AM
It's the editor's decision. Don't worry though, Ron Paul just needs to win the nomination and presidency and he'll be the next Time person of the year.

AFTFNJ
11-27-2007, 12:37 PM
They probably will discount the votes because they will see that all the traffic came from this Ron Paul website.

Break the link please.

speak for urself I copied & pasted the link

expatinireland
11-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Since Time only lets us vote for their picks, I go for JK Rowling the Fantasy writer as the whole procedure is just that - fantasy.

ADGettis
11-27-2007, 07:23 PM
I think I already voted for ron paul, so I doubt my most recent entry will go through, but this is what I just tried to say:

Ron Paul. He is Jesus Christ reincarnated.(snip)

Please don't say that; it is extremely offensive to Christians to use His name so irreverently.

Remember that this is a movement based upon respect for people whose beliefs are different, as we are united in support of liberty. Statements like that reflect badly on the rEVOLution. I can only ask that you conduct yourself with more respect for your fellow supporters.

rasheedwallace
11-27-2007, 08:01 PM
some of the ron paul supporters should be shot for the nonsense they posted...being condescending and rude will not help ron's cause you idiots! be cordial.

mine:

I recommend Ron Paul for person of the year. The man is leading a very important movement.

I think finally there may be a trend in this country where people are fed up with what they're hearing from their government. For too long Americans have been extremely apathetic, and questioning our nation's government is absolutely necessary to stop the abuse of our constitution.
The very idea of a free democracy entails that the nation be run by the people, and our current administration has forgotten (or does not seem to care) about this fact. Time, as well as other publications, have a social responsibility to shed light on the vast awakening of the American public that is occurring.

Ron Paul is not only a good candidate for this award, he is the ONLY candidate for this award!

free.alive
11-27-2007, 08:02 PM
My letter:

Without question, Ron Paul.

There are so many aspects of politics that his candidacy is affecting, if not changing.

For one, the top-down control of the typical campaign - his is nearly completely run by the grassroots, except for his schedule, and even that has been greatly influenced.

Second, fund-raising - Ron Paul's donations come in mostly online, the vast majority from individual donors, and he's setting records.

Third, the viral marketing of his campaign. It started online with links, widgets, blogs, forums, videos and social networking sites. Then it moved into the off-line world where people primarily used a website called Meetup.com to organize and do things like "Paint the Town Ron" with homemade signs, do overpass sign waving on overpasses nearly all the way up I-5, join local Republican clubs and show up to win straw pollsGOTV efforts in precincts all over states normally ignored by presidential candidates. Also, these supporters are growing the Republican Party, which was dying in many parts of the country.

Lastly, and most importantly - the man and his message. Ron Paul himself has a coherent philosophy that is strictly based on the Constitution and the understanding of it gleaned from the actual writings of the Framers. To a large extent, he is a libertarian, but really so were the Founders. In all his time in office he has refused to give in to the pressure of lobbyists and has resisted the temptation to redirect much of the Federal budget toward his constituents to stay in office. This has gained him the reputation and practice of being a maverick who never retreats from his principles. And his willingness to stand strong for what this country is based on and be vocal about it against all odds, popular opinion and even mass ridicule and attack is THE very thing, combined with his philosophy of liberty, that has INSPIRED people to create the grassroots which has launched him into the top tier of the Republican candidates. This combination is also responsible for building a coalition broader than Ronald Reagan's which will be even more legendary than Barry Goldwater's. And this is why no other candidate on either side can replicate what he has, nor will they. His philosophy, his integrity and his tenacity are the hidden ingredients in a campaign that the media and the political establishment just cannot understand.

Ron Paul is quietly revolutionary, a philosopher in his own right as well as role model, and is truly a product of America. He will also be the Cinderella story not only of the year, but maybe this country's entire history as well. Think about it.

Ron Paul: Man of the Year.

voisine
11-27-2007, 08:29 PM
RP at 4400+ mentions. Al Gore second with around 800.

Kingfisher
11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Its unbelievable how ignorant the American people are.

Adamsa
11-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Doesn't Al Gore have enough trophies and titles by now?

LET RON PAUL HAVE SOMETHING (The GQ thing was a good start).

akovacs
11-27-2007, 08:57 PM

This is the blowback you get when your party has a huge feminist vote. The only reason she is high in the polls is because she's a woman and she's a damn great speaker, that's about it.

Not to worry, this will work to our advantage.

ItsTime
11-27-2007, 09:08 PM
anyone else scared by this comment?

Posted by Dave Brady in York, PA
President Gen. Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan, who can single-handedly make or break the War on Terror.

synthetic
11-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Uh, how do you vote?

Time has done all the hard work for you. They've assembled what's called the "Top Tier" candidates. Simple pick one and be a part of this great democracy.

ItsTime
11-27-2007, 09:14 PM
I dont see a poll I see a comment section that is not live.

slantedview
11-27-2007, 09:33 PM
I dont see a poll I see a comment section that is not live.

It is/was live 15 minutes ago.

And... Ron Paul is overwhelmingly the favorite.

DjLoTi
11-27-2007, 09:37 PM
You guys don't really think TIME would select Ron Paul do you? TIME is a poor excuse of real journalism.

Sandy
11-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Holy, JK Rowlings? Over hell and high water should she get person of the year. That lady is a disgusting piece of trash who is brainwashing kids to think like sociopaths. She is a black magician, a.k.a. a master brainwasher.

"There is no such thing as good or bad, just magic." She's evil, and I'm not going to be politically correct and accept her garbage disguised as books. She teaches moral relativism, the ends justify the means, and rejoicing in evil. She's one sick individual, how anyone can praise her is beyond my comprehension. She's a part of the psychological brainwashing that is going on around the world. She teaches communist political correctness, enough said.

I am disgusted. Al Gore and JK Rowlings, two communists and brainwashers. Disgusting. They are the 2 I saw that were most recommended. Disgusting.

TheNewYorker
11-27-2007, 10:10 PM
You guys don't really think TIME would select Ron Paul do you? TIME is a poor excuse of real journalism.

Ron Paul shouldn't be selected. It would be wrong for him to be Time Person of the year... Yet.

Candidates for "person of the year" must have had a big influence on the entire world. Ron Paul has shaken things up quite a bit in the USA, but he hasn't really had any global impact.

When he's president, then we'll think about getting him to be Person of the Year.

robofx
11-27-2007, 10:13 PM
[ Admin - remove personal attack ]

ADGettis
11-27-2007, 10:23 PM
[Admin - remove personal attack].

If alienating a very large portion of potential Ron Paul supporters is your strategy, go right ahead. If you actually want to bring people IN to this campaign, you need to think about the consequences of your actions.

lastnymleft
11-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Ron Paul shouldn't be selected. It would be wrong for him to be Time Person of the year... Yet.

Candidates for "person of the year" must have had a big influence on the entire world. Ron Paul has shaken things up quite a bit in the USA, but he hasn't really had any global impact.

When he's president, then we'll think about getting him to be Person of the Year.

There are meetups in over 40 countries around the world. What he has done of such compelling significance is to clearly elucidate, and put into the wild a message that is waking up people to the idea of liberty, all around the world. The cat's out of the bag, and there's no putting it back in. And that's a VERY significant achievement, already. The world will change with what he HAS done, not just what he WILL do.

If Time are switched-on enough to recognize that this is more than a campaign, that it is a movement, then they will recognize his influence and should award him the title for no-other candidate on their list has done anything that will have such dramatic consequences. Ron Paul toppled the first domino. We are in the chain of dominoes, too, but our paths are bifurcating, and growing uncontrollably.

acmegeek
11-28-2007, 12:14 AM
I just posted for RP. Here was my post:

I vote for a single extraordinary individual who is a humble 10 term Congressman, a former Air Force flight surgeon, and an obstetrician who delivered over 4000 Americans.

This individual has stirred up the fire of true patriotism throughout our great country and cured the political apathy of millions of American citizens of every demographic.

Whether rich or poor, democrat or republican, young or old, citizens are exponentially increasing their support for this man, the peer-described "most honest man in Congress", Congressman Ron Paul of Texas.

slantedview
11-28-2007, 12:28 AM
WTF!? Why isn't Ron Paul an option on the tally:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1672153_1674439_1674440,00.html

acmegeek
11-28-2007, 12:31 AM
So I saw the same thing... no Ron Paul on the tally!!!

So I just sent them this:

I don't want to make this too long since I'm sure you are getting other similar feedback, but I just posted my vote for the Person of the Year, and strangely, even though I picked the same person as 75% of the other people, this person did not make your top 10 list. You know who I'm talking about, and as a citizen, subscriber, and a human , I'm deeply saddened that the media has apparently chosen the strategy they have concerning this truly deserving and remarkable person. I can only hope and pray that you, whoever is actually reading this has truly done your own research to understand this person and that the apparent blacklisting is done because you truly disagree with their beliefs. (enough to consider the president of Iran to be more worthy of your "Person of the Year" designation) There is also the possibility that you have been ordered to discount this person because you feel that the support is not real. That there are simply a few people using the power of the internet to multiply their effort. You would be quite sadly mistaken if this is the case. So please, reconsider your blacklisting of the person in question. He really is a true patriot in the most traditional sense of the word.

Sincerely, a real human,

Sam Douglas
Tucson, AZ

p.s. Yes I know I didn't mention his name in this email. I figured that if you were truly blacklisting him, you would most likely filter out any emails with his name in it.

fightfortruth
11-28-2007, 12:45 AM
Wow. Quite a few reactions here. There is a part of me that knows that he is not going to be person of the year but I can hope. If anything, people reading the comments will read some of what the Ron Paul supporters had to say and they will look him up and see what he is about. I do believe that he deserves to be Person of the Year. To accomplish what he has accomplished with the whole media establishment set against him, he is truly a remarkable man.

I don't know much about computers but why can't you just copy and paste?

Starks
11-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Let's be realistic folks. No presidential CANDIDATE deserves to be person of the year. Whether it's Ron, Hillary, or Obama. None of them have done anything noteworthy enough, yet.

robofx
11-28-2007, 06:20 AM
If alienating a very large portion of potential Ron Paul supporters is your strategy, go right ahead. If you actually want to bring people IN to this campaign, you need to think about the consequences of your actions.

I understand. I suppose it is in fact politically expedient to hide the true nature of our message so as to entice certain ... how shall I say ... "mainstream thinkers" into the movement.

Thanks for pointing that out to me. ;)

robofx
11-28-2007, 06:33 AM
Please don't say that; it is extremely offensive to Christians to use His name so irreverently.

Please don't tell others what not to say. It is extremely offensive to Ron Paul supporters to be told what they can and cannot say.

Thanks.

Buddha bless. ;)

PS: To the moderators/censors/Stalinists: If this is also a "personal attack" please immediately delete it. Wouldn't want to offend the delicate masses. We need their votes.

robofx
11-28-2007, 06:40 AM
Its unbelievable how ignorant the American people are.

Hey, you better watch it there, bud. We need the Americun people's VOTEs.

So ya better say only nice things to them otherwise they might vote for someone else. You know, start sugar-coating our message to make it go down easier.

The mods/censors/Stalinists like it better that way, too.

DJ RP
11-28-2007, 06:46 AM
If JK Rowling, Hillary Clinton, Barack obama or Al Gore can be on that list then Ron Paul definitely can. Clinton and Obama are politics as usual, ron paul has unleashed the ideas of liberty to a new generation.

And how did they come to those 'total votes' I don't get it'

purplechoe
11-28-2007, 07:14 AM
"Posted by Jason Bell in Paoli, Indiana
I posted earlier to support Al Gore however after seeing all the posts for Ron Paul I looked him up and I want to change my choice from Al Gore to RON PAUL."

Tell me that does not just ROCK your day!!! :D

angelatc
11-28-2007, 10:23 AM
It's the editor's decision. Don't worry though, Ron Paul just needs to win the nomination and presidency and he'll be the next Time person of the year.

Plus the winner of the Nobel Peace prize.

Seanmc30
11-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Umm is it just me or does tens of thousands of responses seem a little out there for this poll.

This is a little game I like to call....Rigged.

RevolutionSD
11-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I can't believe how many people on that board are putting Al Gore!!!
What is it with Gore? I see no appeal. I mean, I don't agree with Obama, but I GET why people would like him. Gore seems phony and preachy to me.