PDA

View Full Version : Texas’ proposed abortion restrictions could be a financial boon for Rick Perry’s sister

Contumacious
07-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Texas’ proposed abortion restrictions could be a financial boon for Rick Perry’s sister (http://www.salon.com/2013/07/09/texas_proposed_abortion_restrictions_could_be_a_fi nancial_boon_for_rick_perrys_sister/)

And so my fellow Americans , is it about "babies" rights or is it about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$? Thy be the judge

Here’s the Houston Chronicle

If the bill passes, only five Texas abortion clinics would remain open — those that are already equipped as ambulatory surgical centers, advocates say. But a question remains: would the 420 other ambulatory surgical centers that exist in Texas begin performing the operation? Abortion rights advocates predict that the demand for the procedure won’t disappear with passage of the law.

One company that will be faced with that decision is United Surgical Partners International, based in Addison, TX. Their vice-president of government affairs is Milla Perry Jones, Gov. Rick Perry’s sister. She is also on the board of the Texas Ambulatory Surgical Center Society.

compromise
07-13-2013, 01:54 PM
I don't really care about Rick Perry's sister. If less innocent babies die in Texas than before, that is a good thing.

Keith and stuff
07-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Rick Perry is a corrupt politician. We all know that. Nothing new here.

klamath
07-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Good. It is about time someone got rich as the result of someone living versus someone getting rich on people dying. Go Perry!

Contumacious
07-13-2013, 02:12 PM
I don't really care about Rick Perry's sister. If less innocent babies die in Texas than before, that is a good thing.

Come Com, what is really your commission?

And the truth shall set you free.

jkob
07-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Why do you use quotation marks around babies?

Contumacious
07-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Rick Perry is a corrupt politician. We all know that. Nothing new here.

ALL politicians are corrupt.

Contumacious
07-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Good. It is about time someone got rich as the result of someone living versus someone getting rich on people dying. Go Perry!

Yep, the ends justifies the means....

BamaAla
07-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Yep, the ends justifies the means....

What are the means? Are you suggesting that the only reason this bill was introduced in the legislature was to benefit the Governor's sister?

V4Vendetta
07-13-2013, 04:11 PM
either way, innocent babies lives will be saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contumacious
07-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Why do you use quotation marks around babies?

That's the term the religious nuts use for fetuses.

I<3Liberty
07-13-2013, 06:18 PM
I don't believe it's "just for his sister" -- a lot of people (even hardcore anti-Christ, religion-hating atheists) have agreed that the limitations on abortion are realistic. 1) who would wait that long for an abortion? 2) At quickening, the fetus/baby (whatever you wish to call it) can survive in the NICU, so it would make more sense just to remove it and put it up for adoption or whatever.

That's the term the religious nuts use for fetuses.

I agree that it is annoying when some of them refer to embryos as "babies" and "children", but upon viability I could understand classifying the fetus as a baby since (if born around the 24th week) it can survive. Premies born this early typically have respiratory distress syndrome since their lungs aren't completely developed, but with an artificial surfactant they could live just like a full term baby.

Contumacious
07-13-2013, 08:46 PM
I don't believe it's "just for his sister" -- a lot of people (even hardcore anti-Christ, religion-hating atheists) have agreed that the limitations on abortion are realistic. 1) who would wait that long for an abortion? 2) At quickening, the fetus/baby (whatever you wish to call it) can survive in the NICU, so it would make more sense just to remove it and put it up for adoption or whatever.

I agree that it is annoying when some of them refer to embryos as "babies" and "children", but upon viability I could understand classifying the fetus as a baby since (if born around the 24th week) it can survive. Premies born this early typically have respiratory distress syndrome since their lungs aren't completely developed, but with an artificial surfactant they could live just like a full term baby.

I have no objection to you presenting that argument to a woman but if she rejects then that's it,

Professor8000
07-13-2013, 10:15 PM
I got to know Milla Perry Jones at the last Republican State Convention, she doesn't strike me as someone who keeps up with the political machinations of her brother. I may be wrong, but it appears that the author of that Salon article is grasping at straws. "Rick Perry has a sister. Rick Perry signs a law regulating medical facilities. Rick Perry's sister is a nurse. Rick Perry must be helping his sister make more money!" I don't care for Rick Perry, but I doubt the decision on the wording of the bill had anything to do with driving business to Rick Perry's sister.

Mr.NoSmile
07-13-2013, 10:18 PM
It's not the first time playing politics helped out someone close to the politician, whether related or not. Let us not forget Rep. Mike Rogers' wife and CISPA.