PDA

View Full Version : What is your opinion of Adam Kokesh?

Rocco
07-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Thread title and poll question both say it all! Vote!

CaseyJones
07-13-2013, 10:36 AM
asshat

FSP-Rebel
07-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Ah, this won't be going over very well.:toady:

pcosmar
07-13-2013, 10:56 AM
asshat

Who?

Kokesh or the OP?

Bastiat's The Law
07-13-2013, 11:11 AM
He's the Anderson Silva of the liberty movement.

presence
07-13-2013, 11:17 AM
It's hard for me to object too strongly
to a man who is willing to go to jail
to promote liberty for me.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/07/libertarianism-civil-disobedience-and.html

(http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/07/libertarianism-civil-disobedience-and.html)

General George S Patton spoke to his troops:

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Something of the same can be said to the person fighting for liberty, who gets locked up, especially for a long time, in the slammer. You don't really win the battle by government making life difficult for you,

you win the battle by making life difficult for government.

There are a lot of ways to do this. Ludwig von Mises, Friedrich von Hayek and Murray Rothbard did huge amounts of work to irritate the state, without getting locked up. Though all three are deceased, their writings continue, to this day, to irritate the state by educating people about the evils of state power.

Drug dealers and other black market operators break down state power. These operators do face risk of response from the state, but for the most part they stay down low and try to avoid the state.

We will no doubt see much activity in the future from cyber-warriors (http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/06/the-rise-of-anti-state-cyber-warrior.html), who will attempt to shield their identities from the state as they irritate the state.

In short, in the fight for liberty, there is a division of labor.

Much can be done without direct in your face confrontation of the state. The in your face method may have some value, but it is limited. The Kokesh arrest may teach us a bit more of how aggressive the states can be when it wants to be, and his arrest can also serve as a rallying point [] , but it is certainly not the only way to fight for liberty.

An artist, filmmaker or writer with just one creative insight may do a lot to advance liberty, as may economists, journalists and those that build libertarian institutions, all by simply doing what they are good at. Ron Paul, in his unique way, has done incredible amounts to spread the word of liberty.

Kokesh appears to be one tough dude and he probably has a make-up that makes it easier for him to confront the state head on, than the type of make-up that most of the rest of us have. But, even if we all had his make up and challenged the state with in your face action, we would simply all end up in jail cells. The government has the police power which allows them to be the winners in direct confrontations.

For most of us, Mises, Hayek, Rothbard, and institution builders like Leonard Read and novelists like Ayn Rand, are better role models than Kokesh, though

I appreciate the effort Kokesh is putting out to advance liberty.
(http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/07/libertarianism-civil-disobedience-and.html)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2326/2241809641_5feac7926f_o.jpg
- Rosa Parks 1 December 1955 -
For openly challenging the racial laws of her city, she remained at great physical risk while held by the police,
and her family was terrified for her. When she called home, she spoke to her mother, whose first question was:

"Did they beat you?"

http://static.infowars.com/bindnfocom/2013/07/kokesh-mug-shot-3.jpg
Kokesh's shit eating yeah-I-was-beat grin

Witnesses say Kokesh and his girlfriend
were both denied access to the bathroom [for 6 hours]
and Kokesh was

kicked in the stomach

upon requesting
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/354167

Anti Federalist
07-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Where is the...

"Rock solid Patriot with balls the size of bowling balls"

...option?

RickyJ
07-13-2013, 11:22 AM
He thinks we should not have a federal government at all. That would make each state a separate nation. I can't say I agree with that. A much smaller limited federal government could be beneficial to all states.

brandon
07-13-2013, 11:23 AM
His heart is in the right place and he seems like a pretty good guy. However, I think he's a bit mentally/emotionally unstable. Not enough so that I'd call him "ill", but maybe some sort of borderline/narcissistic personality disorder. In any case, he's not the sort of person I'd want to represent me in the public sphere.

Cleaner44
07-13-2013, 11:25 AM
I appreciate that Adam is willing to risk losing his freedom to point out that a person is apparently not free to bear arms in Freedom Plaza in the Capitol of the world's "BEACON OF FREEDOM".

Distance from Freedom Plaza to The National Archives where the U.S. Constitution is stored = .8 miles

Distance from Freedom Plaza to U.S. Capitol where the U.S. Constitution should be defended, but instead is repeatedly violated = 1.3 miles

Distance from Adam Kokesh to his constitutional guaranteed right to bear arms = ?

http://goo.gl/maps/UoZe7

http://dcwalkabout.com/blog/assets/westernplaza.jpg

presence
07-13-2013, 11:27 AM
His heart is in the right place and he seems like a pretty good guy. However, I think he's a bit mentally/emotionally unstable. Not enough so that I'd call him "ill", but maybe some sort of borderline/narcissistic personality disorder. In any case, he's not the sort of person I'd want to represent me in the public sphere.

What The Fallujah Has My Country Become Disorder?

phill4paul
07-13-2013, 11:30 AM
What The Fallujah Has My Country Become Disorder?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to presence again.

Antischism
07-13-2013, 11:36 AM
I like him. I think he's very passionate about his beliefs.

Cap
07-13-2013, 11:40 AM
A true patriot.

luctor-et-emergo
07-13-2013, 11:49 AM
I voted neutral.

I think his heart is in the right place and he knows no fear when it comes to 'the man'. His methods however I do not prefer. I first saw him when he had his TV show at RT, those shows were really good and I liked those. Since then he has become a bit more extreme and appeared to be a bit more unstable.

He could have planned this out more thoroughly and in a way that a whole lot more people would be supporting him.

Carlybee
07-13-2013, 11:53 AM
He thinks we should not have a federal government at all. That would make each state a separate nation. I can't say I agree with that. A much smaller limited federal government could be beneficial to all states.

I can't say I disagree with him given what the fed govt has become but don't particularly embrace his methodology to bring attention to it given how it turned out but at least he is sticking to his guns..pardon the pun.

pcosmar
07-13-2013, 12:01 PM
How many base their opinion on the State Accusations and Media portrayal?

How do you form opinions based on lies?

Ask yourself. Answer yourself.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2013, 12:07 PM
How many base their opinion on the State Accusations and Media portrayal?

How do you form opinions based on lies?

Ask yourself. Answer yourself.

I base my opinion on Kokesh's own words and actions.

cajuncocoa
07-13-2013, 12:11 PM
He is the Rosa Parks of the Liberty Movement to me.

Carson
07-13-2013, 12:13 PM
Warrior that needs all the backing we can muster.

pcosmar
07-13-2013, 12:16 PM
I base my opinion on Kokesh's own words and actions.

Based on his word and actions,, I am highly impressed with him.

The only tactical thing that I would add,,is that the entire house should have had video recordings of this entire event. (not sure it didn't)

presence
07-13-2013, 12:19 PM
the entire house should have had video recordings of this entire event.

truly and prepaid legal

TruckinMike
07-13-2013, 12:22 PM
I cheer Kokesh for his true love of freedom and his aggressive civil disobedience. But I'm really pissed off at him for having drugs in his home. Not that I care that he eats mushrooms, smokes a joint, or has beer bongs for breakfast. But I do care what the people think that we are trying to influence. ===> The Mark levin, Hannity, Medved, and Limbaugh conservatives*.

BUT....I forgive him. Lets just roll with the punches.

TMike

* however we do have limbaugh's drug issue to counter with

donnay
07-13-2013, 12:23 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to presence again.

Gotcha covered. ;)

QuickZ06
07-13-2013, 12:27 PM
I can tell who is voting unfavorable, as soon as they do the poll they then post something snarky.

QuickZ06
07-13-2013, 12:28 PM
How can you have an unfavorable view of the guy right now, he is in a damn rape cage for exercising rights we are suppose to have. I feel horrible for him.

Carlybee
07-13-2013, 12:29 PM
truly and prepaid legal

Has bail been set? I havent kept up with all of it.

kcchiefs6465
07-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Has bail been set? I havent kept up with all of it.
No. I believe he has another hearing on Thursday.

donnay
07-13-2013, 12:32 PM
I think Adam is a brave and courageous man.

Krzysztof Lesiak
07-13-2013, 12:36 PM
I like Adam, but I'm wary of his recent of activities. What's up with getting arrested so often? It's like his out on a publicity stunt tour. Me, me, me. He's trying to be a martyr for the Liberty Movement.

While I support drug legalization, including hard drugs and psychedelics, it might not be a great idea to upload a YouTube video called "Adam vs. DMT."

Also, the federal government won't be abolished. Most Americans don't want that. The vast majority of them don't. So by leading an armed revolution against a tyrannical system of government that most people might hate but don't want thrown out the window would seem to me to be a violation of the Non-Aggression Principle.

Also, the video he recently released was recorded on a green screen. It had to be. Otherwise, he would have been arrested on the spot.

QuickZ06
07-13-2013, 12:38 PM

It has been proven that it just will never be able to happen. It is time to move on from this central government theme, the monster will never stop growing until it consumes everything.

BamaAla
07-13-2013, 12:39 PM
I think he is a passionate individual. That said, if we had a venn diagram, he and I would only overlap in a small section, which presents a problem because people automatically associate him with the "liberty movement" and Ron Paul. I know the most ardent anti-state people here will chastise those of us who do not love Adam, but I'm telling you, you do not want him to be the face of your cause; it's a sure fire way to lose any legitimacy outside of your current sphere.

I hope he beats the charges and wins damages for a civil rights violation, though.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2013, 12:42 PM
I cheer Kokesh for his true love of freedom and his aggressive civil disobedience. But I'm really pissed off at him for having drugs in his home. Not that I care that he eats mushrooms, smokes a joint, or has beer bongs for breakfast. But I do care what the people think that we are trying to influence. ===> The Mark levin, Hannity, Medved, and Limbaugh conservatives*.

TMike

My default setting on this issue is: "the drugs were planted".

Now they got him on multiple felonies, and he's gone.

pcosmar
07-13-2013, 12:42 PM

TMike

Mike,, Think for a Moment, Please. and follow me on a thought.

Adam has been an advocate for Marijuana Legalization. Admits to smoking. OK. His whole team shares this view from my understanding.

and yet not one seed,, roach. baggie with residue,,paraphernalia,, none, nada, nothing. After a thorough search.
This means that the house was prepared,, and was meticulously cleaned..

makes me seriously question the claim of mushrooms being present.

And beyond that,, I have long thought that 2nd amendment advocates should be teamed up in opposition to the Drug War.
Not doing so will bite them in the Ass. soon.

07-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Unfavorable is not strong enough wording.

matt0611
07-13-2013, 01:09 PM
I think he is a passionate individual. That said, if we had a venn diagram, he and I would only overlap in a small section, which presents a problem because people automatically associate him with the "liberty movement" and Ron Paul. I know the most ardent anti-state people here will chastise those of us who do not love Adam, but I'm telling you, you do not want him to be the face of your cause; it's a sure fire way to lose any legitimacy outside of your current sphere.

I hope he beats the charges and wins damages for a civil rights violation, though.

Pretty much sums up my view.

I'm somewhere between unfavorable and neutral. I chose neutral though.

TruckinMike
07-13-2013, 01:15 PM

Adam has been an advocate for Marijuana Legalization. Admits to smoking. OK. His whole team shares this view from my understanding.

and yet not one seed,, roach. baggie with residue,,paraphernalia,, none, nada, nothing. After a thorough search.

And beyond that,, I have long thought that 2nd amendment advocates should be teamed up in opposition to the Drug War.

I haven't kept up with the details. If I'm wrong about the illegal mushrooms -- I'm wrong. I have many conservative friends/acquaintances that just do not "get" the concept of drug legalization/de-criminalization. They react in a very negative way towards kokesh because of Drugs and that episode of dancing with the code pink chick. Theses conservatives are slow to pick up on the idea of what freedom really is. Their beliefs are reinforced daily by their radio heros(but you know this). Activism is about positive influence of the masses -- If Kokesh was trying to sway 2nd Am folks to his side --- having mushrooms in is home was not the way to do it.

BUT if
...the house was prepared,, and was meticulously cleaned that is a very different story.

FYI- I voted Favorable

phill4paul
07-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Love him or hate him. He is walk for his talk. If nothing else that is worthy of admiration.

FSP-Rebel
07-13-2013, 01:24 PM
I respect but don't really support Adam and his line of activism, not saying there isn't a market or place for it in the broader movement. Those (few ancaps, libertarians, conservatives, etc) in the political realm that are intent on building coalitions don't want their image or persona to be affected by those in the civil dis arena because they/we/I want my version of what the liberty movement means to those I'm networking with to be defined by me on my terms. Consequentially, this makes the conspiracy folks, pro-civil dis voluntarists and the associated bunch to be more turned off to electoral strategy and all that that entails. I wouldn't cheer lead a cause if I wasn't willing to actively participate in it to a high degree, so to each their own I guess.

pcosmar
07-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Theses conservatives are slow to pick up on the idea of what freedom really is. Their beliefs are reinforced daily by their radio heros(but you know this).

Not meaning to be offensive,, but they are not "conservatives",, despite what they may like to call themselves.

They are Authoritarians,, very likely of the neoconservative brand of fascism.

They are what was once called "good Germans" who will turn a blind eye to atrocity for some small temporary comforts.

They too will reap their rewards. :(

Fredom101
07-13-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm a fan of Kokesh. However, I'm afraid he's on a death wish. Is he really doing anyone any good rotting behind bars? I'm much rather see him behind the microphone.

nobody's_hero
07-13-2013, 01:30 PM
I really wish we'd sent him into office when we had the chance. Imagine the upheaval he'd be causing. Instead of acting like a nut outside of congress, he'd be acting like a nut inside Congress.

Just once before I die, I want to send someone, anyone, into office who will be as big a pain in the ass to Congress as that body is to the American people. But we have too many people in the movement who are interested in 'making friends and influencing people.' Call me petty and short-sighted, but I just want revenge, lol.

pcosmar
07-13-2013, 01:34 PM
I really wish we'd sent him into office when we had the chance. Imagine the upheaval he'd be causing. Instead of acting like a nut outside of congress, he'd be acting like a nut inside Congress.

Just once before I die, I want to send someone, anyone, into office who will be as big a pain in the ass to Congress as that body is to the American people. But we have too many people in the movement who are interested in 'making friends and influencing people.' Call me petty and short-sighted, but I just want revenge, lol.

I heartily second this sentiment.

pcosmar
07-13-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm a fan of Kokesh. However, I'm afraid he's on a death wish. Is he really doing anyone any good rotting behind bars? I'm much rather see him behind the microphone.

I expect he will be back,, as soon as this blatant bullshit is thrown out of a courtroom.

Nic
07-13-2013, 01:39 PM
I don't agree with his methodology, but I love his message. He's a truly gifted orator and likely one of the most intelligent people in any room he's in, but getting himself arrested over and over to make a statement is the wrong way to educate people and/or bring people to your cause. In spite of my disagreement with him on that, I'd say I have a very favorable opinion of him as a person who's like-minded to myself and willing to stand up for what he believes in. He's still an American hero in my opinion.

QuickZ06
07-13-2013, 01:53 PM
I don't agree with his methodology, but I love his message.

Same could be said about the founding fathers, remember a lot of people did not want anything to do with what the founding fathers were doing. It has always been a small amount of men and women that do big things. Who knows what the future will bring but Adam was out there on the 4th exercising rights that are suppose to be apart of a free country when almost everyone else was eating BBQ, drinking some brews, and firing off fireworks.

TruckinMike
07-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Not meaning to be offensive,, but they are not "conservatives",, despite what they may like to call themselves.

They are Authoritarians,, very likely of the neoconservative brand of fascism.

They are what was once called "good Germans" who will turn a blind eye to atrocity for some small temporary comforts.

They too will reap their rewards. :(

No argument there. They just don't know it. But because of their love of the constitution they can at least can be influenced on those terms --- if they would just read the danged thing. But there in lies the problem. No reading, no researching, unless you count redstate.com or theblaze.com reading and researching. :D

presence
07-13-2013, 02:03 PM
No. I believe he has another hearing on Thursday.

It was my understanding he was denied bail and next hearing is October 2nd.

QuickZ06
07-13-2013, 02:04 PM

:eek:

presence
07-13-2013, 02:13 PM
:eek:

He is being held without bail pending a probable cause hearing.

[]

They have scheduled a preliminary hearing for October 2.

[]

He may face anywhere from a minimum 2 years in prison to a maximum of 10.

[]

Adam is being held in solitary confinement in a 6.5′ x 7.5′ cage

[]

without proper clothing, without bedding, barefoot and without the lawyer he has requested.

[]

or medical care and with the lights being kept on constantly.

http://freeadam.net/facts/

juleswin
07-13-2013, 02:18 PM
I did not always agree with him, but I think his heart is in the right place and he is working for the same goal as me. Also with all his antics, he is not hurting anyone but himself.

Favorable

ctiger2
07-13-2013, 02:22 PM
IMO I'm sure Kokesh's heart is in the right place. The problem is he's been indoctrinated by the Marines and that aggressive training has bled into his civilian life and he's approaching this stuff from a more militaristic angle, which the govt LOVES. Maybe Adam's not even aware.

TheTexan
07-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Patriot

purplechoe
07-13-2013, 02:28 PM
I remember Adam before he got involved in the Ron Paul campaign as a veteran who returned disillusioned by the Iraq war and was giving testimony to Congress on C-SPAN. I knew he was one of us once I first saw him at that hearing and was really excited when I saw him again giving that great speech in Washington DC...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbOp_9VfR6o

http://clearingthefogradio.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Snowden-hero.png

Brian4Liberty
07-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Adam Kokesh, Political Prisoner, Day 5.

CPUd
07-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Neutral.

A couple thoughts:

- drug K-9s are typically not trained to smell mushrooms

- how can you all keep looking at that picture without feeling like you are wearing glasses that are too strong?

scaled to 1.2:

http://i43.tinypic.com/w7eqvo.jpg

Anti Federalist
07-13-2013, 03:44 PM
The defense, rests.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2013, 03:47 PM

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial...

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/1a36f63d61b4bad44244164a51c333c0/tumblr_mj0sbwVxPx1r4ugi5o1_500.gif

Anti Federalist
07-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Oh, hell, why fuck around?

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/1a36f63d61b4bad44244164a51c333c0/tumblr_mj0sbwVxPx1r4ugi5o1_500.gif

donnay
07-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Imagine if Pat Tillman were alive today? He too, would contested what the hijacked government is doing, unfortunately they killed him so he couldn't make noise like Kokesh is doing.

Support the troops...so long as they are killing brown people with turbans because they hate us for our freedom!

JK/SEA
07-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Anyone who namecalls Adam, and disagrees with him, is the enemy.

Kokesh. Prisoner of war. Supporter of the Constitution. Balls of stainless steel.

V4Vendetta
07-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Kokesh is a undercover Federal agent. I have no doubt

JK/SEA
07-13-2013, 04:11 PM

why do you hate the Constitution?

and lets see some proof of your OPINION.

drool donkey's on the loose today i see.

MelissaWV
07-13-2013, 04:12 PM
why do you hate the Constitution?

and lets see some proof of your OPINION.

drool donkey's on the loose today i see.

The interesting part of an opinion is that you only have to prove it to yourself.

Obviously yours differs.

presence
07-13-2013, 04:14 PM

As I said in the premiere episode to my show, it all comes down to a choice.
“In the face of uncertainty, you can cowardly seek the comfort of the ranks and look to authority to tell you where to point the guns. Or you can turn to the one reliable source for guidance that you have, when instant obedience is being called for – your own conscience.”

When you know the status-quo is a fictitious paradigm, when you know the mainstream media is more deceptive than informative, and when you know that truth itself is more often ignored than covered, you have great power. Your responsibility is to spread that message as far and wide as possible. Adam Vs The Man is here to act as your tool in fulfilling your responsibility. The Internet is a truly revolutionary tool to spread the message of freedom. With the Internet, we can overcome the challenges that face us today.
“I’m 29 [...] the oldest of Generation Y, the Millennials, the first ‘digital natives.’ For those my age, we grew up alongside the Internet. But the kids today… some kids today even have smart phones in high-school classrooms. I might ‘get’ the Internet, but younger people are different. It’s as if you have the Internet hardwired in your brains. And all of the implications of the Internet, all of our potential with it, all of the promises rest with you. You can lie to us, but you can’t get away with it for very long, because now, we have the truth button, right there, just one click away.”

In short, spread the truth – ignite inquisitive brush fires in the hearts and minds of your fellow men and women. Utilize the amazing tool of the Internet to demonstrate there is another way. You have the power, the responsibility is yours.

-Adam Kokesh

https://adamvstheman.com/join/social/

JK/SEA
07-13-2013, 04:14 PM
The interesting part of an opinion is that you only have to prove it to yourself.

Obviously yours differs.

obviously.

However, ignorant opinions are just that. Ignorant.

Occam's Banana
07-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Favorable x1000

And I don't know which species of psychiatry irritates me more - keyboard psychiatry, or the non-Internet-forum variety ...

Anti Federalist
07-13-2013, 04:44 PM

I heartily second this sentiment.

All in favor?

Aye!

V4Vendetta
07-13-2013, 04:51 PM
When he goes around to tea party and Ron Paul rally's and people walk up to him to meet him, as they tell him their name, he says "Last Name?"
Question: Why in the hell would he want to know someones last name if he'll more than likely never see them again?!
Answer: He probably has a recording device on him. That's why he wanted last names.

Never and I mean Never does a man ask another mans last name during a very brief and introduction in which they know they'll never see eachother again.

That is it and that is the only reason I need... well that and his continual confrontational tactics, that seduce non-feds to partake actions with him and get arrested

Oh and yeah, when he was arrested for smoking a joint, he was taken to a federal prison, not a local jail. I.E. a perfect time for him to get orders from his handlers without suspicion and in complete privacy

Occam's Banana
07-13-2013, 04:52 PM
All in favor?

Aye!

I'm a "yea" ...

AuH20
07-13-2013, 04:53 PM

You need proof. With that said, if he walks out of this mess unscathed, that's certainly going to raise many eyebrows.

kcchiefs6465
07-13-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure but didn't George Donnelly say that they needed to raise $2,500 fast because of an upcoming hearing on Thursday?

I believe his first pretrial will be the 2nd of October. He may be released on bail before then. If he speaks to them/acknowledges their kangaroo proceedings. Of course I have no doubt the judge may very well hit him with a $500,000 bail anyways so who knows if he'd be able to raise funds needed to get out.

This may or may not be correct so take it with a grain of sand. I faintly recall Donnelly mentioning he needed lawyer money quickly so that he is adequately represented Thursday. He didn't mention a date but I assumed he was referring to the 18th.

ETA: This is what I was referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mAuPOHI1Les

With the date given the video appears to be about the arrest before his last arrest. (May 18th) Sorry for the confusion. They announced on AVTM that his next hearing is October 2nd. I believe he was denied bail.

V4Vendetta
07-13-2013, 05:00 PM
You need proof. With that said, if he walks out of this mess unscathed, that's certainly going to raise many eyebrows.

Read my post on page 7

AuH20
07-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Do you think if he IS a undercover, They would let him off? No, that would be too obvious. Read my post on page 7

So he was taken to a federal facility for the pot stunt? How are his handlers going to get him off on what amounts to be 3 or 4 felony charges?? Seriously, I don't know what to think, but I'm leaning towards the conclusion that Kokesh is just a mentally unbalanced individual that made some rash decisions. He could be a provocateur but up till now, all I've seen is circumstantial evidence. There is no concrete evidence showing that he is the under the employ of a government agency.

V4Vendetta
07-13-2013, 05:09 PM
There is no concrete evidence showing that he is the under the employ of a government agency.

Circumstantial is all that's needed. Unless you're willing to take a chance. Some people can spot a Fed pretty damn easily.
Unless they are very talented undercovers

AuH20
07-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Circumstantial is all that's needed. Unless you're willing to take a chance. Some people can spot a Fed pretty damn easily.
Unless they are very talented undercovers

Well, you're going to need more evidence to convince others.

Tod
07-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Meanwhile, the Oathkeepers post this to their web site:

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2013/07/12/thoughts-on-the-police-raid-on-adam-kokesh-and-on-his-canceled-march/

V4Vendetta
Well, you're going to need more evidence to convince others.

I'm well aware of that, "Others" don't want to think its possible

Anti Federalist
http://www.usnews.com/pubdbimages/image/48508/FE_DA_130513kokesh620x413.jpg

AuH20
07-13-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm well aware of that, "Others" don't want to think its possible

Some human beings have "their" price. It varies from person to person. We need to be vigilant but you shouldn't be slamming the guy without real proof. If you get real proof, than we can talk.

BuddyRey
07-13-2013, 05:24 PM
I've found fault with him before for various minor reasons, but at the end of the day, he's still one of the most highly-motivated super activists I've ever seen. He makes almost anybody else look like a keyboard revolutionary (especially me) and he's always quite admirably willing to put himself at great danger to get more public light on the libertarian perspective. His drive and dedication is absolutely commendable.

Tod
07-13-2013, 05:27 PM
I find it disappointing how many people are choosing to make this about Adam's personality. I'll bet there have been people who have done that with other folks who dared to be on the front lines of civil disobedience.

pcosmar
07-13-2013, 05:28 PM

If it is shown that the warrant was faulty in it's inception and execution ,,
or if it is shown that the "evidence" does not support any charges.. (Legal mushroom or planted evidence) there is no case.

He should and would walk away unscathed (save legal fees).
Why should defeating a bogus arrest raise eyebrows?

BuddyRey
07-13-2013, 05:34 PM
I find it disappointing how many people are choosing to make this about Adam's personality. I'll bet there have been people who have done that with other folks who dared to be on the front lines of civil disobedience.

The media's treatment of Edward Snowden immediately springs to my mind.

pcosmar
07-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Read my post on page 7

I read it.
Pretty full of shit.

Oh and yeah, when he was arrested for smoking a joint, he was taken to a federal prison, not a local jail. I.E. a perfect time for him to get orders from his handlers without suspicion and in complete privacy

He was not arrested for smoking a joint. He did not.

He was arrested for speaking,, he was targeted..and many people were actually smoking pot and NOT Arrested.

He walked simply because the police lied repeatedly and it was proven definitively that they lied. Clear Video evidence proof.

Case dropped like a hot potato.

Feeding the Abscess
07-13-2013, 05:40 PM

TMike

That's not his audience. Kokesh goes for young people, primarily.

JK/SEA
07-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Has it occured to the Kokesh haters that the FEDS may want to use Adam as an example to scare off any others who dare not to kneel and kiss the boot?

Feeding the Abscess
07-13-2013, 05:47 PM
When he goes around to tea party and Ron Paul rally's and people walk up to him to meet him, as they tell him their name, he says "Last Name?"
Question: Why in the hell would he want to know someones last name if he'll more than likely never see them again?!
Answer: He probably has a recording device on him. That's why he wanted last names.

Never and I mean Never does a man ask another mans last name during a very brief and introduction in which they know they'll never see eachother again.

That is it and that is the only reason I need... well that and his continual confrontational tactics, that seduce non-feds to partake actions with him and get arrested

He's also a Jew. Definite Fed/globalist plant.

JK/SEA
07-13-2013, 05:55 PM
He's also a Jew. Definite Fed/globalist plant.

he also has facial hair that makes him look like Satan...:rolleyes:

green73
07-13-2013, 06:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OyXnubo.jpg

MelissaWV
07-13-2013, 06:01 PM
He's got this?
http://frannielovesmarie.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/ma-ti1.jpg?w=584

AuH20
07-13-2013, 06:03 PM
If it is shown that the warrant was faulty in it's inception and execution ,,
or if it is shown that the "evidence" does not support any charges.. (Legal mushroom or planted evidence) there is no case.

He should and would walk away unscathed (save legal fees).
Why should defeating a bogus arrest raise eyebrows?

Because others have been sentenced for a whole lot less. If he walks free from 3 potential felonies in the heart of the empire no less, I will be concerned. If Adam is an enemy of the state, he will do time.

Feeding the Abscess
07-13-2013, 06:09 PM
he also has facial hair that makes him look like Satan...:rolleyes:

And when he shaved his head he looked like Anton LaVey. Satanist globalist Jew fed plant who also was intimately involved in planning 9/11 because of his deep connections with Mossad. Plus his dad is a venture capitalist, so Adam's in deep with Bernanke, too.

Occam's Banana
07-13-2013, 06:49 PM
And when he shaved his head he looked like Anton LaVey. Satanist globalist Jew fed plant who also was intimately involved in planning 9/11 because of his deep connections with Mossad. Plus his dad is a venture capitalist, so Adam's in deep with Bernanke, too.

Dammit, FtA! You forgot the Russian connection! I know the Russkies are so "yesterday" and everything - but still, old-timers like me need to know that Kokesh and Putin are best buds plotting a KGB-backed commie recrudescence ...

Feeding the Abscess
07-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Dammit, FtA! You forgot the Russian connection! I know the Russkies are so "yesterday" and everything - but still, old-timers like me need to know that Kokesh and Putin are best buds plotting a KGB-backed commie recrudescence ...

Obviously, I'm complicit with the KGB-planned takeover of America. My previous silence on the matter is proof.

kcchiefs6465
07-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Obviously, I'm complicit with the KGB-planned takeover of America. My previous silence on the matter is proof.
Well it's not not proof so therefore...

kcchiefs6465
07-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Well it's not not proof so therefore...

Czolgosz
07-13-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm mixed about Adam, today.

I think he's great for freedom, thought the march on d.c. was a serious and solid fu to the system. Not sure how his current game is gonna play out.

*I will err to side w/ anybody here who is for maximum freedom, regardless of their methods.

satchelmcqueen
07-13-2013, 07:10 PM
my opinion is this.... adam has done MORE than I have done for freedom KNOWING he was going to be either arrested or talked about and slandered by anyone against said freedom. i cant do what hes done simply because i cannot afford the attorney fees and or time in jail and losing my job. i am limited in the risks i can take.

id love to do some of the things hes done, but i cannot simply because i cant be put in that position. my family would literally starve if i got arrested. now thats not to say i dont do all i can do for freedom, but i cant do what hes done.

i support adam all the way. its a shame the system reacts to him the way it does. but thats the whole point in what hes doing.

JK/SEA
07-13-2013, 07:30 PM

get a rope...dammit, and to think i was fooled he was some sort of Marine Veteran who cherishes the Constitution, and fears for this country's decline.

I hate when that happens. Any news on Ron Pauls treachery?

fr33
07-13-2013, 07:37 PM
He's pissed me off on some things but I vote favorable.

GovBotDotNet
07-13-2013, 09:34 PM
What is your opinion about Adam Kokesh?

judge not

Weston White
07-13-2013, 10:04 PM
I think he was really onto something with armed marches idea he initially had (though I did not agree with every aspect of that, such as using loaded weapons), but he quashed that great idea to instead immerse himself entirely in the marijuana debate—which is largely a lost cause, at least in my opinion.

I also have concerns he might be involved in provocateuring causes so as to inspire others to commit illegal acts that he himself only gave the appearance of committing, although really did not (e.g., giving the impression that he was smoking a joint that was actually a cigarette (then later on somebody yelling out that one is real and him throwing it down onto the ground as the police swoop into to arrest him for taking a puff), the hole green screen and mising trigger theory to his most recent arrest, etc.)

Then there are also the allegations made by several people that used to work on his show claiming they were never paid the full amounts due them.

But I am not into the whole anarchist methodology, so I am probably biased in my views.

presence
07-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Kokesh SEARCH Warrant (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?421537-Kokesh-SEARCH-Warrant)

MelissaCato
07-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Favorable. :D

bolil
07-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Mostly favorable, though if you watch the video of his DC arrest (pot one) he clearly sees the cop coming and hands off the joint to the other guy. That is no good, it is not so different from being a rat.

Having said that, I do not think he is a rat or a plant. Just a guy who saw the ham handed pig law coming for him and reacted out of instinct.

He has larger balls than I.