PDA

View Full Version : Boston Police Officer Arrested After Bombs and Explosives Found Inside Home

Constitutional Paulicy
07-13-2013, 09:13 AM
http://rt.com/files/news/1f/be/f0/00/14.si.jpg

Boston Police Officer Arrested After Bombs and Explosives Found Inside Home
Published time: July 12, 2013 20:11

A Boston police officer was arrested and charged after his wife called police to report that she found military-grade explosives, grenades, and ammunition in their home.

Police Officer Kirk D. Merricks, 43, is now facing 11 counts of possession of an explosive device, four counts of obtaining stolen property and one count of illegal possession of ammunition. A bomb squad was called in to remove the explosives from the residence on the night of July 11.

more... http://rt.com/usa/boston-police-officer-explosives-arrested-031/

limequat
07-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Holy shit....left overs?

Ranger29860
07-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Holy shit....left overs?

That didn't take long :rolleyes:

Cap
07-13-2013, 09:32 AM
illegal possession of ammunitionYou can't own/possess ammo?

Carlybee
07-13-2013, 09:36 AM
You can't own/possess ammo?

Stolen property...military grade explosives

limequat
07-13-2013, 09:38 AM
One article said he had 150 rounds of different calibers.

presence
07-13-2013, 10:01 AM
“They are obviously not anything that civilians should possess,” Botieri told the Boston Globe.
“We believe it’s all stolen. It’s not something you can go out and buy without the correct permits.”

Tench Coxe - Wikiquote
(https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Tench_Coxe)

Their swords and every terrible implement of the soldier are the birthright of Americans.
The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments
but where, I trust in God, it will always remain, in the hands of the people.

tod evans
07-13-2013, 10:08 AM
The government agent dressed in military garb standing on American soil is what I take offense to, not some shmuck with 'splosives and ammo...

Hell the 4th wasn't that long ago and I fondly remember 1/4 sticks used for entertainment.

Dr.3D
07-13-2013, 10:14 AM
What? Smoke bombs and firecrackers?

Cleaner44
07-13-2013, 10:15 AM
I almost wish they would have waited until the officer came home and tasered him after shooting his dog.

tangent4ronpaul
07-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Merricks’ wife and son discovered the explosives when they were going through the officer’s belongings.

Police were called to his home during a domestic dispute last month. Merricks’ wife says the couple separated on June 4, when she filed a restraining order against him, accusing him of verbal abuse.

Eric Goldman, the attorney representing Merrick, said his client had not been living in the house for three months, and suggested that the “contentious” divorce proceedings may have something to do with the woman’s call to police.

Talk about marrying the WRONG person!

After pleading not guilty to his charges on Friday morning, he was freed on $1,000 bail.

Slap on the back of the hand? :rolleyes:

If it were any of us we'd already be in Gitmo...

-t

tangent4ronpaul
07-13-2013, 10:23 AM
look at that cops cute helmet. Looks very much the ones worn by SS storm troopers.

-t

QuickZ06
07-13-2013, 10:28 AM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/286/pf7m.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/pf7m.jpg/)

Meanwhile in Afghanistan.....o wait that is America, carry on mundanes.

phill4paul
07-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Slap on the back of the hand? :rolleyes:
If it were any of us we'd already be in Gitmo...
-t

Yes. Yes we would. SMMFH.

11 counts of possession of an explosive device, four counts of obtaining stolen property and one count of illegal possession of ammunition.
A black briefcase contained four 40 mm grenades that are normally used with an M203 grenade launcher – a device that the US military introduced in the early 1970s. M203 grenade launchers are categorized as “Destructive Devices” under the National Firearms Act and are rarely available on the civilian weapons market.
Officers also found a detonation cord, blasting caps, and military-grade ammunition.

After pleading not guilty to his charges on Friday morning, he was freed on $1,000 bail.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Holy shit....left overs?

Holy shit, they're not even trying anymore...

$1000 bucks bail?

In Massachusetts??

After finding fucking grenades???

http://25.media.tumblr.com/1a36f63d61b4bad44244164a51c333c0/tumblr_mj0sbwVxPx1r4ugi5o1_500.gif

QuickZ06
07-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Holy shit, they're not even trying anymore...

$1000 bucks bail?

In Massachusetts??

After finding fucking grenades???

I bet they gave him a cookie on the way out as well.

tod evans
07-13-2013, 10:50 AM
And that gamer nerd was 500k?

WTF?

Dr.3D
07-13-2013, 10:51 AM

WTF?

But that was for the kids.......

Oh wait, he is a kid.

phill4paul
07-13-2013, 10:52 AM
I bet they gave him a cookie on the way out as well.

If by "cookie" you mean "a paycheck" then................

He has been placed on paid administrative leave

tod evans
07-13-2013, 10:53 AM
"Just-Us"

QuickZ06
07-13-2013, 10:53 AM

And the punches just keep comin.

muh_roads
07-13-2013, 11:25 AM
That didn't take long :rolleyes:

**Believing everything the nanny-state tells you when false flags occur.**

That didn't take long.

dillo
07-13-2013, 11:31 AM
what a shitty wife

Anti Federalist
07-13-2013, 11:33 AM

He has been placed on paid administrative leave

If it had been one of us Mundanes, GlobalHyperMegaCorp would have fired us within hours.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2013, 11:34 AM
what a shitty wife

I dunno...God only knows what sort of abuse she had to put up with over the years, married to a cop.

My prejudices are in conflict here...:D

phill4paul
07-13-2013, 11:41 AM
If it had been one of us Mundanes, GlobalHyperMegaCorp would have fired us within hours.

At least they took his service weapon and.....................badge. I'm especially thankful of the last. It's far more destructive than the first.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2013, 11:48 AM
At least they took his service weapon and.....................badge. I'm especially thankful of the last. It's far more destructive than the first.

Outta rep

Carson
07-13-2013, 11:55 AM
I would imagine his frame of mind was to save them in case the need arose to defend his country.

Perhaps those dreams still have a place. Dreams of helping defend the government on the other hand seem to be going up in smoke.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time,
and your government when it deserves it." -- Mark Twain

There is also some quote somewhere about, "lonely at the top". Seems the same may be true of the bottom.

You would think instead of alienating people they would be bringing us in. Really there aren't many of them left. We have become a nation of spectators. Not by choice, but by re-design.

pcosmar
07-13-2013, 12:09 PM
I dunno...God only knows what sort of abuse she had to put up with over the years, married to a cop.

My prejudices are in conflict here...:D

As are mine,, and a number of things come to mind.

How does verbal disagreement become Domestic Violence ? (Thank you Lautenberg)

How does one upholding the law come into contact with ,, let alone possession of, Military Grade Explosives. (outside of Job related)
And why would that be job related?

And finally,, even for Cops,, the assumption of innocence.

Plenty of Conflict.

I wonder who he pissed off besides his wife.

better-dead-than-fed
07-13-2013, 12:17 PM
One article said he had 150 rounds of different calibers.

this is like, not a lot of ammo.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2013, 12:19 PM
I wonder who he pissed off besides his wife.

My guess is nobody in the system.

Otherwise he would have gotten treated like any of us Mundanes would have, and would still be jail, held without bail, and have no job.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2013, 12:19 PM

I've got that much just in one small box by my bed.

pcosmar
07-13-2013, 12:22 PM

Otherwise he would have gotten treated like any of us Mundanes would have, and would still be jail, held without bail, and have no job.

The system protects the system.

I wonder is he is one of the guys seen in the Boston photos,, and if they found a dark and recognizable backpack.
but that is just curiosity,

edit,
Scratch That

Just went looking,, and found more story.

http://bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/media/2013/07/12/071213MerricksRH001.jpg

Merricks’ lawyer, Eric Goldman, told the court his client had not been living at the house for three months. He said Merricks is a 14-year veteran of the Boston Police Department who served with the Marine Corps during Desert Storm and was a reservist with the Army National Guard for a tour in Afghanistan.

He said the divorce proceedings between the officer and his estranged wife are “very contentious.” Goldman questioned the ownership of the explosives and told the court that Robin Merricks’ son, who is also a military veteran, has been living at the couple’s home in Plymouth.

“There’s nothing linking him to these explosives,” Goldman told Judge Brian Gilligan. “They could just as easily be the son’s.”
- See more at: http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/07/boston_cop_charged_over_explosive_cache#sthash.qt1 53lCj.dpuf

phill4paul
07-13-2013, 12:28 PM

Agreed. Went down like this...

Occifer O'Donnel: "We've got a call in on Merricks. His wife found some bomb material."
Lt. O'Malley: "Seems like that cunt wife o' his is causing a stir. Tell him to meet us down at the "Silver Shield", we'll have a spot o' whiskey and tell him how this is gonna go down."

Anti Federalist
07-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Agreed. Went down like this...

Occifer O'Donnel: "We've got a call in on Merricks. His wife found some bomb material."
Lt. O'Malley: "Seems like that cunt wife o' his is causing a stir. Tell him to meet us down at the "Silver Shield", we'll have a spot o' whiskey and tell him how this is gonna go down."

Bingo.

Unless they really are covering up the "inside job" material sources for the Boston bombings...in which case, wifey has opened her mouth one too many times.

We'll read in the news, weeks from now, how she was found, dead, in her car, floating in the Charles river, or expired from lead poisoning.

daviddee
07-13-2013, 02:56 PM

juleswin
07-13-2013, 03:05 PM

WTF?

That was because of the very recent school shooting in Connecticut. Oh wait, the Boston bombings were also a recent event. It's nice to know people in law enforcement or better yet be one. It seems perks of the job doesn't end at the ability to shoot innocent dogs :)

daviddee
07-13-2013, 03:49 PM

Anti Federalist
07-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Surely you have not heard... "Free speech is not free"

It would appear, when factoring inflation, that the current fee for free speech is $500K.

I wonder if they will waive the fee if the speech is performed in a "Free Speech Zone"

No, they do not.

You get charged for the overtime, for your protection, while in the "Zone of Free Speech".

Like this:

http://harpers.org/wp-content/uploads/riot2.jpg

limequat
07-13-2013, 04:31 PM

Exactly. And the fact that it was of different calibers tells me it was the scraps that he didn't bother taking to the range.

daviddee
07-13-2013, 08:28 PM

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-13-2013, 09:04 PM
worst wife ever

ronpaulfollower999
07-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Merricks’ wife says the couple separated on June 4, when she filed a restraining order against him, accusing him of verbal abuse.

//

Weston White
07-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Nice job lady, say goodbye to your alimony.

Anti Federalist
07-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Thank you for the clarification. I knew the rules had changed, but it is always a positive thing to be kept abreast of changes to my/our constitutionally protected liberties.

On a side note, I believe the image you shared completely encompasses all of the dreams and desires of our founders when they conjured a mental image of free speech.

It is a great time to be a citizen of 'merica (fuck yeah).

I am sure that is exactly what they had in mind, comrade.

muzzled dogg
07-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Holy shit....left overs?

stealin that

tod evans
07-14-2013, 11:47 AM
stealin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K63pu7nd6Q