PDA

View Full Version : buy/sell for ron paul

caradeporra
11-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Hey everyone,

I have my new site up. www.ronpaulslist.com If you dont have any money, sell some of the "junk" you have lying around the house on ebay. Upload the ebay url to my site and donate all the money you make from the auction to the Ron Paul campaign.

If you have donated $2300 and cant donate any more, tell the winning bidder to donate directly to the campaign and put your email in the email slot. You will get the donation confirmation directly from the Ron Paul campaign saying that the donation was made. Then you send the auction product. Everybody wins!!

If you dont have money to donate because you need to buy christmas presents, then go to my site www.ronpaulslist.com and buy your Xmas presents there! The money you spend from there will go towards the Ron Paul campaign. Everybody wins!!

www.ronpaulslist.com
BUY - SELL - DONATE!

MrCoffee
11-27-2007, 12:03 PM
I don't think this is legal...

caradeporra
11-27-2007, 12:36 PM
well im a 2nd degree black belt and i say it is...just kidding.

but seriously, why would it be illegal? If you have some legal experience and have valid reasons, please let me know, i do not want to get me or Dr. Paul in trouble.

qwerty
11-27-2007, 01:42 PM
I think this is great idea if itīs legal....

I have no idea why wouldnīt it be legal ? :rolleyes:

CelestialRender
11-27-2007, 07:36 PM
It seems quite legal, as far as just setting up a website for us to trade internally.

However, donating for someone else is illegal. Thus, by extension, there may be an argument there about the whole "have them donate" part of the pitch.

jlink7
11-28-2007, 05:09 AM
It's not going to be legal. First off, by selling the item on eBay, the money is yours, legally, and them "donating" your money to the campaign would be the same as if you had donated it, legally. The only thing that you are doing is quasi-legally bypassing yourself as the middle man. If they enter their own information, name, etc., then it would be hard for the campaign to verify that the money came from an "actual" donor.

It's akin to giving your friend $2,300 and saying "Hey, donate this money to Ron Paul."

caradeporra
11-28-2007, 09:33 AM
well,

If in the auction you say, "this item is for the largest ron paul donation." In essence, you say this item is not up for bid, but is a gift item from me to the largest Ron Paul donation. The buyer is not bidding on the item, but simply telling the seller, that is how much he is going to donate to Ron Paul. Then the person who donates the most gets the gift.

If ebay allows people to sell NOTHING and give a gift..."mystery auctions." ...surely you can sell nothing and give a gift to the highest donor.

constituent
11-28-2007, 09:42 AM
oh come on... i'm sure as long as people are paying fair market value for the items they purchase there shouldn't be a problem.

glad to see you've setup a site. i made a thread months ago about a program i called "shop freedom" at the time. same kinda idea, i just figured one might need to incorporate or do it under the umbrella of a pac just to try and reduce personal liability in case "the authorities" decide to crack down on it (legal trouble is the last thing i need).

i really hope this works out well.

if you read the autobiography of Malcolm X, you'll see that's what the black muslims did when they were first building
their movement and it seemed to work out alright.

robert4rp08
11-28-2007, 10:22 AM
good idea. doubt it will work. i set up an entire auction site to avoid ebay fees and only 1 person registered. haha.

caradeporra
11-28-2007, 10:53 AM
well, thanks for the negativity mr. optimisitic ;)

caradeporra
11-28-2007, 09:38 PM
sell your stuff for ron paul!