PDA

View Full Version : Are Hispanic groups planning to riot if Zimmerman is convicted?

enhanced_deficit
07-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Any such racial speculatins heard in media grapewines to beef up ratings?

FrankRep
07-12-2013, 08:46 PM
The Zimmerman Case Exposes Black Racism (http://theblacksphere.net/2013/07/zimmerman-case-exposes-black-racism/)

Kevin Jackson | The Black Sphere
July 11, 2013

The idea that black people will riot over the Zimmerman case should be an embarrassment to blacks.

Unfortunately, far too many black Liberals are waiting to riot, hoping for the opportunity — like it’s a sale day at Macy’s. Obama did promise hope.

Neither white people nor Latinos will riot, if Zimmerman is convicted. They have better things to do. Apparently many black people have nothing better to do.

It’s not necessarily the fault of black Liberals for being so stupid. The Democrats insured this level of absurdity. The idea that one case of a black teen being killed in some obscure town in America and we are back in the racially charged ‘60s.

It goes to show you that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Democrats have all but insured the black Liberal derangement: black Liberals behaving like Pavlov’s dogs, salivating at the ringing of the bell of racism.

The ease with which Democrats and their operatives can so easily play black people is what should make America afraid.

To get a race of people to riot over a case of an overzealous neighborhood watchman shooting and killing a teen who attacked him takes some doing. If you remove the race elements from this story, black people would have as much interest in this case as they would reruns of The Lawrence Welk Show.

Yet here we are. The Zimmerman case front and center—a 21st Century OJ trial, except this one black people want the defendant declared guilty.

Thousands of black teens have been murdered since Martin’s death, yet Liberals have chosen to fixate on Martin’s death? Black Liberals should ask themselves why they have disproportionate emotion in this case versus the thousands of others.

Recall the young girl, Hadiya Pendleton (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-01-31/news/chi-hadiya-pendleton-20130130_1_gun-laws-gun-violence-gun-control) who had visited with Obama at the White House, then two weeks later was unceremoniously gunned down in a drive-by shooting in Chicago? If only her murderer had been Zimmerman!

However, since her killer was likely black, there were no t-shirts with her face printed on them. Nor the almost countless other nameless, faceless black youth who are now just as dead as Trayvon Martin. Do their families not grieve? Do their deaths not demand justice?

Don’t expect the great uniter to showcase leadership in the Zimmerman case. Obama will allow the racist attitudes of Liberals to flourish. That is the glue that binds him to black people, a group to whom he has shown little, real concern.

Luckily for him, black people only care about Obama’s blackness.

It’s difficult to fathom that blacks have fought so hard against racism, only to become the most racist people in the country. Black Liberals don’t care about justice for Zimmerman, because he is the wrong color.

Truth be told, if Zimmerman were black, this case would be over and he would be a free man.

juleswin
07-12-2013, 09:37 PM
The Zimmerman Case Exposes Black Racism (http://theblacksphere.net/2013/07/zimmerman-case-exposes-black-racism/)

Kevin Jackson | The Black Sphere
July 11, 2013

The idea that black people will riot over the Zimmerman case should be an embarrassment to blacks.

Unfortunately, far too many black Liberals are waiting to riot, hoping for the opportunity — like it’s a sale day at Macy’s. Obama did promise hope.

Neither white people nor Latinos will riot, if Zimmerman is convicted. They have better things to do. Apparently many black people have nothing better to do.

It’s not necessarily the fault of black Liberals for being so stupid. The Democrats insured this level of absurdity. The idea that one case of a black teen being killed in some obscure town in America and we are back in the racially charged ‘60s.

It goes to show you that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Democrats have all but insured the black Liberal derangement: black Liberals behaving like Pavlov’s dogs, salivating at the ringing of the bell of racism.

The ease with which Democrats and their operatives can so easily play black people is what should make America afraid.

To get a race of people to riot over a case of an overzealous neighborhood watchman shooting and killing a teen who attacked him takes some doing. If you remove the race elements from this story, black people would have as much interest in this case as they would reruns of The Lawrence Welk Show.

Yet here we are. The Zimmerman case front and center—a 21st Century OJ trial, except this one black people want the defendant declared guilty.

Thousands of black teens have been murdered since Martin’s death, yet Liberals have chosen to fixate on Martin’s death? Black Liberals should ask themselves why they have disproportionate emotion in this case versus the thousands of others.

Recall the young girl, Hadiya Pendleton (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-01-31/news/chi-hadiya-pendleton-20130130_1_gun-laws-gun-violence-gun-control) who had visited with Obama at the White House, then two weeks later was unceremoniously gunned down in a drive-by shooting in Chicago? If only her murderer had been Zimmerman!

However, since her killer was likely black, there were no t-shirts with her face printed on them. Nor the almost countless other nameless, faceless black youth who are now just as dead as Trayvon Martin. Do their families not grieve? Do their deaths not demand justice?

Don’t expect the great uniter to showcase leadership in the Zimmerman case. Obama will allow the racist attitudes of Liberals to flourish. That is the glue that binds him to black people, a group to whom he has shown little, real concern.

Luckily for him, black people only care about Obama’s blackness.

It’s difficult to fathom that blacks have fought so hard against racism, only to become the most racist people in the country. Black Liberals don’t care about justice for Zimmerman, because he is the wrong color.

Truth be told, if Zimmerman were black, this case would be over and he would be a free man.

Its what George Bush called the "soft bigotry of lowered expectation". Liberals use it to argue against voter ID laws as in blacks are too stupid, they lack the know how of going through the easy process of getting an ID and other use it to predict riots every freaking time there is one of these type of case in the news.

I think the shame goes to the people who have such lowered expectation of black people. Take off the damn training wheels and lets see what will happen, if its actually true that they will riot, then you treat em like you treat rioters and the same goes for getting ID. What worries me is that all this talk about riot may actually spur people into rioting in a self fulfilling prophesy sort of way.

My prediction is nothing big will happen, some black pastors may match on the streets if Zimmerman is acquitted, but nothing like a Rodney King style riot in the works.

gwax23
07-12-2013, 09:48 PM
If he has a more Hispanic sounding last name this case would of been more interesting in terms of the aftermath with hispanic/black relations.

enhanced_deficit
07-12-2013, 09:59 PM
We got be bit cautious though when reading and propagating terms like "black racism" , "hispanic racism", "white racism" etc if they are aimed to stir groupthink attitudes. There are many many black/hispanic/white people who don't subscribe to any such attitudes.
I know thread I started could be possibly construed in that direction too but my aim was to examine/dissect what media in partenrsip with few professional agitators might be trying to do.

Brian4Liberty
07-12-2013, 10:05 PM
"The Ministry of Truth can turn on a dime, and the fury of the ignorant masses can be redirected at will."

The Free Hornet
07-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Don't know, but the mob justice side has commandeered the 'blackout' (remember that thing?):

In recent days, hundreds of thousands of people have been using #Blackout4Trayvon, #JusticeForTrayvon and other hashtags on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to post opinions and arguments and organize rallies and protests. On Facebook, Justice for Trayvon Martin has more than 200,000 likes.

Some have replaced their profile photos on Facebook with a black square or silhouettes depicting Martin in a hoodie. The 17-year-old was wearing a hoodie when he was shot and killed by Zimmerman in February 2012. Zimmerman said he acted in self-defense.

One online protest that has gotten more than 50,000 page views for a national "day of absence." It urges: "If Zimmerman walks, the day after the verdict we are calling for a day of absence, a total national blackout. Call in sick and tired. Call in angry, call in crazy. But call in."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-talk-trayvon-martin-blackout-0713-20130713,0,452865.story
http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/2013/7/12/social_media_blackout_as_zimmerman_case.htm

shane77m
07-12-2013, 11:23 PM
I guess whitey needs to get in there and riot as well. No point in missing out on all of the fun.

fr33
07-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Creepy ass crackas are just white-Hispanics.

Reason
07-13-2013, 12:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF-Ax5E8EJc

enhanced_deficit
07-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Just watched part of lengthy video, has interesting tidbits that had not known although I didnt watch MSM coverage for most part.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Creepy ass crackas are just white-Hispanics.

He's not white.

James Madison
07-13-2013, 03:25 PM
He's not white.

One-drop Rule.

Nobexliberty
07-13-2013, 03:46 PM
One-drop Rule.Then there is no white people, all "whites" have some indo-european ancestery that came to Europe after white people started to exist.For example map of men with y-dna haplogroup r1. Y-dna haplogroup are passed down directly from father to son even if everyone else in the family is different ethnicly. Y-dna r1 orignated outside europe when white people already existed, it has to major types named r1b(western europe mostly) and r1a(eastern europe mostly). And because it is only given dircetly from father to son then if atleast a low percentage of people with r1 in a ethnic group for a long time then everyone there must have some form of non-white ancestery. If you want to lean more about haplogroups then go to http://www.eupedia.com/

http://www.eupedia.com/images/content/Haplogroup_R-borders.gif

Nobexliberty
07-13-2013, 04:14 PM
And here is a map of E1b1b that entered euope and north africa in around 5000BC way after white people appered from north africans that came from sub-sahara Africa 24000BC. By that I mean clearly black, and both Adolf Hitler and Albert Einstein had this haplogroup:D:D. And remeber even if a small percentage of the population has had it for a long period of time then almost everyone if not everyone has some ancestors from sub-sahara Africa that entered europe 7000 years ago. Also Wright brothers and Napoleon had it too.
http://www.eupedia.com/images/content/Haplogroup-E1b1b.jpg

Contumacious
07-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Are Hispanic groups planning to riot if Zimmerman is convicted?

Si.

Por que?

Vamos a quemar a Sanford.

Nobexliberty
07-13-2013, 04:20 PM
To the people who did not bother to read or did not understand my two big posts above, the human race can scientificly proven to be so intermingled there are no clear lines of what race is. And one of Hitlers ancestors was a black guy who lived in sub-sahara Africa in 25000BC proven by DNA.

enhanced_deficit
07-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Vamos a no jugar en DSN de la planta y sus pupms
¡Que repique la paz

heavenlyboy34
07-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Nobex, when you start using such big words and fancy graphs you're going to confuzzle the vast majority of the population. ;) :D eta: And didn't the Indo-Europeans travel further east than your charts are showing? It's been a while since I've studied maps of Indo-European languages. :toady:

enhanced_deficit
07-13-2013, 04:25 PM
To the people who did not bother to read or did not understand my two big posts above, the human race can scientificly proven to be so intermingled there are no clear lines of what race is. And one of Hitlers ancestors was a black guy who lived in sub-sahara Africa in 25000BC proven by DNA.

Im reading through it , informative. But this Z affair is more of a farce, you are injecting any serious anthropological or scientific reaserch bent material into this and probably would be mismatch.

Nobexliberty
07-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Nobex, when you start using such big words and fancy graphs you're going to confuzzle the vast majority of the population. ;) :D Thats why I added the Hitler part, most of the time it gets people to care.

aGameOfThrones
07-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Si.

Por que?

Vamos a quemar a Sanford.

Por que no Orlando?

Nobexliberty
07-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Im reading through it , informative. But this Z affair is more of a farce, you are injecting any serious anthropological or scientific reaserch bent material into this and probably would be mismatch.It is not to be taken as hard facts, because of the taboo with racial science it is behind by half a century. It is a shame science is prevented from advancing because political correctness, untill recently early 20th century science was the only thing that people could rely on to seperate ethnic and racial groups.

Contumacious
07-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Por que no Orlando?

Nos gusta Disney.

Nobexliberty
07-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Nos gusta Disney.

.Detener la española y volver a México!

Nobexliberty
07-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Map of Haplogroup G2a, males who have a direct male ancestor with the people who invented agriculture who are not white. Stalin had this haplogroup, you know how farming causes genocide so we must BAN AGRICULTURE. Now I have given enough proof that one-dropping is silly and an ancient form of catogorising what is mixed race and what is "white". Zimmerman is a german nickname he is a mix of most european ethnicity's with some recent(last millenia) non european ethnicity in the mix if skin color gets in the equation. Too the people who think I am a troll I am willingly to put facts into my post and not just worthless gabbering.
.http://www.eupedia.com/images/content/Haplogroup_G2a.gif

And riots will be mostly in african american communites who destoy themself and only look stupid while the mostly white neighborhoods( the ones they want to punish) will be mostly unaffected. Rioting only destorys innocent peoples property and rioters should be shot on the spot if that is the only way they can stop it. Anyway good night.

CPUd
07-13-2013, 05:00 PM
From a geneticist's perspective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry4aDwGioRk

Brian4Liberty
07-13-2013, 05:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF-Ax5E8EJc

Just watched part of lengthy video, has interesting tidbits that had not known although I didnt watch MSM coverage for most part.

Yeah, it sounds like Stefan has followed the case pretty closely. A lot of information in there that most people have probably not heard.

HigherVision
07-13-2013, 05:14 PM
To the people who did not bother to read or did not understand my two big posts above, the human race can scientificly proven to be so intermingled there are no clear lines of what race is.

Wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znZ9vH6bB20

MelissaWV
07-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Detener la española y volver a México!

... Google Translate is not your friend.

MelissaWV
07-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Wrong

And yet when "race riots" happen, the cries are not "hey! He's got a projecting profile!" but are instead about perceptions of epidermal pigmentation and national origin, which are not so clearly defined.

RickyJ
07-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Anyone trying to make this case about race is a race pimp because this case has nothing to with race. This case is about self defense or intent to kill. It can't be proven by all the evidence that Zimmerman had the intent to kill someone that night, so they can't rule out self-defense.

HigherVision
07-13-2013, 05:41 PM
And yet when "race riots" happen, the cries are not "hey! He's got a projecting profile!" but are instead about perceptions of epidermal pigmentation and national origin, which are not so clearly defined.

You're really grasping for straws here. Race exists period.

Contumacious
07-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Yeah, it sounds like Stefan has followed the case pretty closely. A lot of information in there that most people have probably not heard.

Yes, indeed a lot of information has been concealed from the jurors.

According to the Miami Herald (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html) TM was a thief.

aGameOfThrones
07-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Detener la española y volver a México!

a. Food: not everyone eats tacos and burritos;
b. Music: not everyone dances to salsa;
c. Dress: not everyone wears a sombrero;
d. Mexicans (lower education level, some may be undocumented);
e. Cubans (Political refugees, legal status, higher education level); and
f. They may say ‘OK, OK’ and pretend to understand, when they do not, just to save face.
G. Not every HeSpanish is a Mexican. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?420891-Workers-Sue-Target-for-Racially-Offensive-Document)

aGameOfThrones
07-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Nos gusta Disney.

A puertorican who doesn't like Disney?... GET OUT!

Nvm. I missed the "s" from "nos".

enhanced_deficit
07-13-2013, 05:47 PM

Only when riot mob is too stupid... which probably is almost always.

Updated: Black Man Who Looked Vaguely "Muslimish" Accosted at NY Anti-Islam Protest

Max Blumenthal flagged this video, in which a man whom John Cole described (http://www.balloon-juice.com/2010/08/22/black-muslim-same-difference/) as having made "the mistake of looking Muslimish" at a protest against the NY Islamic center is surrounded, harrassed and nearly assaulted.
I think that a devout Muslim who supports the Park 51 project would be perfectly safe at one of these events as long as he or she were lily-white. But if you're brownish, or your appearance falls anywhere outside of the mainstream, I'd give these mobs wide berth.
Recall this incident (http://www.northjersey.com/news/opinions/kelly/95748769_On_this_ground__zero_tolerance.html?c=y&page=2) from a similar protest in June:
At one point, a portion of the crowd menacingly surrounded two Egyptian men who were speaking Arabic and were thought to be Muslims. "Go home," several shouted from the crowd.
"Get out," others shouted.
In fact, the two men – Joseph Nassralla and Karam El Masry — were not Muslims at all. They turned out to be Egyptian Coptic Christians who work for a California-based Christian satellite TV station called "The Way." Both said they had come to protest the mosque.
"I'm a Christian," Nassralla shouted to the crowd, his eyes bulging and beads of sweat rolling down his face.

But it was no use. The protesters had become so angry at what they thought were Muslims that New York City police officers had to rush in and pull Nassralla and El Masry to safety.

http://www.alternet.org/speakeasy/2010/08/23/black-man-who-looked-vaguely-muslimish-accosted-at-ny-anti-islam-protest

MelissaWV
07-13-2013, 05:54 PM

No, I'm not. I was responding purely to your single post.

Race is largely a societal construct as we currently refer to it. It's not a simple "his skull has these dimensions" question. Let's pretend that, tomorrow, all of a sudden a huge backlash against "black people" began. Do you think Obama would be caught up in that? Halle Berry? Tiger Woods? Or would the shape of their skull be the determining factor?

Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, or social affiliation. First used to denote national affiliations, the term began to be used to relate to physical traits in the 17th century and promoted hierarchies favorable to differing ethnic groups. Starting from the 19th century the term was often used, in a taxonomic sense, to denote genetically differentiated human populations defined by phenotype.

Incidentally, the "three race" concept was always acknowledged to be quite blurry.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/25/Meyers_b11_s0476a.jpg

Races are just methods to classify and reclassify human beings. When study first began, people who were clustered together obviously had a lot of shared traits and genetic markers (though they couldn't test it at the time). With a lot more widespread travel and interbreeding, it really has become much more blurred.

All of that is entirely apart from the fact that race riots --- or the media's push for them --- are based purely on perception.

MelissaWV
07-13-2013, 05:54 PM
A puertorican who doesn't like Disney?... GET OUT!

"Nos gusta" does not mean that they don't like it. It means that they do.

enhanced_deficit
07-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Can we please avoid posts with too much scientific research oriented citings in this thread? This thread was about a farce issue and not really for any substantial discussion on race.
OP qestion should not be taken too literally and seriously.

juleswin
07-13-2013, 05:59 PM

I think what nobexliberty was trying to say by race having "no clear lines" is that race is like a spectrum. Some whites have more white features than other whites, some east Asians have more east Asian features than others. I think some Mediterranean people look middle eastern to me but they are considered white and a lot of the Syria kids I have been seeing in the news look white to me and yet again, they are considered arabs.

So yes, race is real but it has no clear boundaries.

aGameOfThrones
07-13-2013, 05:59 PM
"Nos gusta" does not mean that they don't like it. It means that they do.

Edited before your post.

HigherVision
07-13-2013, 06:08 PM
I think what nobexliberty was trying to say by race having "no clear lines" is that race is like a spectrum. Some whites have more white features than other whites, some east Asians have more east Asian features than others. I think some Mediterranean people look middle eastern to me but they are considered white and a lot of the Syria kids I have been seeing in the news look white to me and yet again, they are considered arabs.

Hermaphrodites (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite) exist, does that mean there's no such thing as sex either?

HigherVision
07-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Race is largely a societal construct as we currently refer to it.

It's not a social construct, it's biological.

It's not a simple "his skull has these dimensions" question. Let's pretend that, tomorrow, all of a sudden a huge backlash against "black people" began. Do you think Obama would be caught up in that? Halle Berry? Tiger Woods? Or would the shape of their skull be the determining factor?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here but I'm fairly sure that none of it counteracts the fact that race is biological.

Incidentally, the "three race" concept was always acknowledged to be quite blurry.

By who? And how blurry?

Races are just methods to classify and reclassify human beings.

So is height and weight, are they social constructs as well?

When study first began, people who were clustered together obviously had a lot of shared traits and genetic markers (though they couldn't test it at the time). With a lot more widespread travel and interbreeding, it really has become much more blurred.

Again what is your source on that?

All of that is entirely apart from the fact that race riots --- or the media's push for them --- are based purely on perception.

So Trayvon Martin wasn't black and the people who'd be rioting if Zimmerman is acquitted and there's a riot won't be black either? I don't get it.

MelissaWV
07-13-2013, 06:38 PM
So Trayvon Martin wasn't black and the people who'd be rioting if Zimmerman is acquitted and there's a riot won't be black either? I don't get it.

Obama is our first black President, too!

Screw it. You win. There's no blur at all. You're one of three skeletal structures (even though the map I posted is centuries old and shows overlap, blur, and acknowledges that things aren't quite that clearcut), and there is no way you're anything else.

Have you looked at other anthropological methods of classification? Genetic ones, for instance? Ones that can actually be tested for and offer a stark division between the categories?

Trying to pretend the current "races" and their application in modern society is some kind of tried and true science that leaves three cut and dry categories is your opinion, though, so have at it.

green73
07-13-2013, 06:41 PM
I wonder where Obama phone lady will come down.

James Madison
07-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Then there is no white people...

...it was a joke.

juleswin
07-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Hermaphrodites (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite) exist, does that mean there's no such thing as sex either?

A better analogy would be the colour spectrum. Look at the visible light with a spectrometer and I promise you, you wouldn't be able to tell where one colour starts and the other begins. Yes there are 7 colors in it but they perfectly blend together in such a way that there are "no clear lines" between each colour. With hermaphrodites, I can tell who is one and who is not, there are no blurred lines between a male, hermaphrodites and females

Don't get me wrong, I do believe races are real. My online objection was to that one post of yours.

MelissaWV
07-13-2013, 07:21 PM

Don't get me wrong, I do believe races are real. My online objection was to that one post of yours.

Very good comparison, and I agree.

HigherVision
07-13-2013, 07:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZurClqPGLc

Working Poor
07-13-2013, 07:29 PM
If he has a more Hispanic sounding last name this case would of been more interesting in terms of the aftermath with hispanic/black relations.

I guess the fact that his last name is jewish has no racial conotation will the Jews riot if there is a conviction.

MelissaWV
07-13-2013, 08:04 PM
The tl;dr version ... perhaps next time just refute the notion of society having a whole lot to do with our modern, US definition of "race," which is what's at play in the media's projection of the verdict and its inevitable implications.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZurClqPGLc

1. The Fallacy of Genetic Ignorance
Interesting title for the first section, considering that genetically speaking certain "white" people are much closer to certain "black" people. Yes, I am accounting for PATTERNS, as the video tells me to. This doesn't matter to you, anyhow, because there are only three patterns, right?

And wow. That's the end of part one. It doesn't provide any examples, really, but just says people are wrong about race distinctions needing genetic markers because race is defined as patterns of genetic markers.

2. The Fallacy of Race Trivialization
"There are population differences, both physical and genetic, but they are of no real importance and are not large enough to qualify as racial differences" ... said no one ever. Since this isn't a popular argument and is easily refuted, the video takes much longer to do so.

3. The Contiuum Fallacy (the what?)
This speaks to people being along a spectrum, which is obvious to anyone who has actually been among human beings. The counterargument? Well duh there's continuation because we can interbreed! (How does that refute the fact that continuation makes racial distinction via skin color to be moronic?) It goes on to provide a straw man argument: "Because we have a mixture of red and yellow that produces the color orange, red and yellow are really illusions?" No. But it does mean that I will question the idea that, beyond the most obvious examples of a given color, the blurry colors between them will be very difficult to classify and it will depend on PERCEPTION as to whether some colors are defined one way or the other. There are colors that some will argue heatedly are blue, and others will swear are green, even though they have precisely the same signature. There is no "right answer" on most of these colors.

If all blue cars are banned, and you're driving a teal car that you believe to be more on the green side, do you think a cop will pull you over if he perceives it to be blue?

4. The Fallacy of Arbitrary Classification
The topic is as written. Honestly, it IS arbitrary as evidenced by how often these definitions change over the centuries. Want to manipulate raw data to show a "racist" outcome? Split "white" a certain way, or lump people into "non-white" categories, or any number of other classifications. The answer (again without any citation or explanation) is astounding in the video. Apparently racial classifications are consistent with geography. This must be why there are no white people in Africa. (Wait what?) It goes on to say it's not any more arbitrary than subspecies classification with other animals. That might be true if we were talking about genetic markers, but we're not. Hell the video doesn't even bother to define what it means by "race" at all.

5. The Fallacy of Race Re-Definition
Now THAT is some funny shit. It would require the video to actually DEFINE RACE which, halfway through, it hasn't.
Basically it's saying "hey guys! There's races!" Wow. Great point there, sparky. Now how do you define "races"?

WAIT! It looks like the video is finally going to tell me what it means by "races"! No... maybe?

An accurate definition of race is one that describes it as it is. If race does exist as described in earlier standard definitions, but does not exist as described in the new definition, then the new definition is wrong.

Oh. Well that explains it.

6. The Fallacy of Authority (we're going to continue to not define race in this video... )
Basically that we depend on authority to tell us what race is, ignoring our own observations. Once again the video promotes the notion that you can universally define a color between blue and green as one or the other, and attribute certain traits to it. It strangely also promotes the notion that no one can tell you that, which seems to rely on your individual PERCEPTION of the color of that person over there to determine WHAT RACE you see them as.

It goes on to say that the use of "population" rather than "race" by scientists is dishonest. No, it isn't.

7. The Fallacy of Scientific Obsolescence
Race is based on something outdated. Tangent: it's weird, because I pointed out that the opposite is true. The three-race definition is newer than the use of race to describe certain pseudo-geographic groupings of human beings with visibly similar traits.

Tangent(2): I had no idea this song was this damned long.

8. The Social-Political Construct Fallacy
Hyperbole, anyone?

Race is a social or political construct that has no biological or genetic reality.

"Cake is a delicious food often served at celebrations, filled with the corpses of dismembered orphans." Race IS a social construct, often used for political gain, and the goalposts move all the time. Who is black? White? It often depends on who's counting and for what purpose. If you're going to pretend that people measure skeletal ratios and profiles prior to providing scholarship money, okay. That's your reality.

9. The One-Sided Fallacy

Given that most race denial arguments are fallacies that could be easily refuted, an environment of de facto censorship is required, in which the arguments of racial denial are stated as simple fact and no counter-argument allowed.
Yep. Easily refuted. Like in this video that has yet to define what the hell it means by "race."

10. The Fallacy of Argument-Begging

Race has to be denied in order to end racism. Those who believe in the reality of race are perpetuating and abetting racism.
Huh? I haven't even heard this one before. Surely the video will provide examples and shed some light on this troubling situation.
...nope.

Then it says that, of course, since this video with its bullet points has utterly destroyed any argument that the sociopolitical variety of racial categorization isn't scientific and is manipulated to produce division and violence, I will result to intimidation. The only thing I will say to this part of the video (which is so unimportant as to not even get a number!) is that I find it silly that it accuses the other side of not substantiating its arguments, while providing no backup to its own claims.

Humanae Libertas
07-13-2013, 08:25 PM
The one drop rule is the slave masters rule.

CPUd
07-13-2013, 08:46 PM
In a study of men (see my previous post in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?421104-Are-Hispanic-groups-planning-to-riot-if-Zimmerman-is-convicted&p=5123615&viewfull=1#post5123615), it was found that markers in the Y chromosome can be used to trace ancestry, and a lineage will transcend culture, skin color, population groups, races, geographic locations.

They also discover Thomas Jefferson's ancestry was Phonecian (AKA Land of Canaan in the Bible), and every man alive today was descended by 1 single man- a scientific "Adam", as opposed to the biblical Adam. For those of faith, Adam is still the first man; they are saying other humans were around during the time of scientific "Adam" , but all except his lineage died out.

Also, scientific "Adam" came from Ethiopia or Tanzania around 60,000 yrs ago.

Nobexliberty
07-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znZ9vH6bB20 I did not say race is just a social construct. I said that people thinking there is such a thing like racial purity or that 100% Caucasian or Mongloid ancestery exist are living in the past. Caucasians have Negroid blood inside them and Mongloids have mixed with the Caucasians. The reason ethnic europeans and other caucasians have skulls that are almost identical is because of heavy "interracial" breeding. North africans intermingeled with sub-sahara africans and north africans with europeans. For example Huns from central Asia married scandinavians in large numbers and these scandinavians spread it into the british isles. I am not saying that race does not exist. But putting it simply in 3 races is way to simple to categorise it because it ignores the many shades of grey like North Africa, Japan, India ,and other unmentiod places where categorising someone as one race or just mixed is completely false.