PDA

View Full Version : Is Marco Rubio done?

enhanced_deficit
07-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Is Marco Rubio done?

Working Poor
07-12-2013, 08:52 PM
No he is not the party will continue trying to ram anyone but Rand down out throats

CaptUSA
07-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Yes, and it's a real shame. This guy was incredibly easy to beat. I was hoping he'd be the favorite going into the primaries... I'm a little sad...

Brian4Liberty
07-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Lol. Has John McCain ever been "done"? Same backers.

CaptUSA
07-12-2013, 09:08 PM

Oh, I took this as "Is Rubio done for a Presidential bid?"

In that case, YES. McCain was done a long time ago.

jim49er
07-12-2013, 09:09 PM
I think he's done and all this Rubio talk has me thirsty.

Brett85
07-12-2013, 09:10 PM
No, Bush and McCain both won the GOP primary for President and were supporters of a path to citizenship for illegals. That position hasn't hurt GOP candidates for President in the past.

enhanced_deficit
07-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Frankly, question popped in my mind just as i worded, which is somewhat vague.

I have to think a bit, did I mean done as POTUS hopeful only or as politician/senate critter also.

jim49er
07-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Frankly, question popped in my mind just as i worded, which is somewhat vague.

I have to think a bit, did I mean done as POTUS hopeful only or as politician/senate critter also.

Just get rid of the critter. It needs to be put down.

oyarde
07-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Dead to me , no doubt , no recovery.

wormyguy
07-12-2013, 11:28 PM
No, although he better make sure to tow the neocon line completely from this point forward or they'll find a new shiny thing.

Sola_Fide
07-12-2013, 11:32 PM

Exactly. The GOP will never allow an anti-establishment candidate to be nominated. Rand has to play like he is an Israel-worshipping statist to even get the notoriety he does. And he might not even be pretending sadly.

twomp
07-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Mitt Romney was the architect of Obamacare and he wasn't "done". An immigration bill will won't kill Rubio. The power of the media is strong.

Zippyjuan
07-13-2013, 01:52 PM
He is trying to "broaden his base" by moving more centrist. It will hurt within the party but may improve his chances in general elections if he makes it there- that is what he seems to be aiming for.

Bastiat's The Law
07-13-2013, 01:54 PM
Not until he loses his Senate seat. Wouldn't it be hilarious if Rand wins the Presidency and Rubio loses his seat?

QuickZ06
07-13-2013, 02:03 PM
The establishment is never done.

RonPaulMall
07-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Mitt Romney was the architect of Obamacare and he wasn't "done". An immigration bill will won't kill Rubio. The power of the media is strong.

Romney was an extremely intelligent and accomplished guy who had more business and professional connections with Wall Street than any GOP candidate in recent history. His father was Governor of a major state and CEO of one of America's most important companies. He had a Harvard Law degree and a Harvard MBA. In short, he was the wet dream candidate of the establishment.

Rubio isn't all that intelligent or accomplished at all. His IQ is in all likelyhood lower than even Sarah Palin. Rubio attended Tarkio College (a joke of school that went bankrupt) and then transferred to Santa Fe Community College. He went to UM Law School (which I can personally attest accepts a lot of idiots) and spent the bulk of his career mired in the scum that is Miami local politics. In short, Rubio is the type of guy the establishment would hire to mow their lawn.

The establishment flirtation with Rubio was a fleeting thing. They saw a young, Hispanic, guy from Florida with no absolutely no moral compass and they figured he might be a good bet. But Rubio just didn't stand up to scrutiny. Sleazy, stupid, and worst of all a political amateur (only a damn fool would have walked in to the trap McCain and Schummer had set for him) . He's a loser, the establishment knows it, and they will dump him accordingly.

Mr.NoSmile
07-13-2013, 04:44 PM
No. I mean, have all media outlets, left and right, turned on him completely? Open-ended question considering there are so many, but I guarantee you there are folks still in the tank for Rubio and think that people like Paul are whacko-birds.

RickyJ
07-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Done with what? Being a good little puppet? I don't think so.

Tod
07-13-2013, 05:30 PM
who?

compromise
07-14-2013, 12:04 AM
I agree with RonPaulMall. Rubio is a dumbass who they found in the Miami ghetto listening to gangsta rap and downing booze. By and large, the only people defending him now are the hardcore neoconservatives, most of the establishment has moved on. even the neocons have a new favored candidate, Tom Cotton. Cotton is a Harvard Law grad with military service. He's intelligent, articulate and can defend his positions well. He is a little less charismatic than Rubio, but he's a much safer choice. The only trouble for the neoconservatives right now is getting him in a position from which he can for President, hence why they're pushing him to run for Senate.

The establishment as a whole is looking at a number of candidates, but Christie is probably top of the list right now. Most of them are motivated only by whichever candidate polls best against Hillary, and that's currently him.

enhanced_deficit
07-14-2013, 11:26 AM
I agree with RonPaulMall. Rubio is a dumbass ..

But he is excellent at pandering to money bags.