PDA

View Full Version : Police State Much? First Amendment Zones in the United States

MRK
07-12-2013, 11:47 AM
MIAMI (CBS4) – Unsure of how the public will react following the verdict in the George Zimmerman murder trial, local leaders and police are working closely to establish designated areas where people can gather peacefully.

Two First Amendment Zones will be ready to go whenever the decision comes down from the jury in Sanford.

Authorities are encouraging anyone who wants their voice to be heard to gather in these zones, instead of taking to the streets and inciting riots.

“Riots are not acceptable and riots are not expected,” Patterson said at a recent community meeting.

MDPD’s motto for the outcome of the case is “Be vocal, not violent.”

In the month following the death of Trayvon Martin, South Florida students staged walk-outs. The demonstrations were public, yet peaceful rallies in support of the teen who lived here.

With the trial coming to a close, some worry people may turn to rioting.

The following areas have been designated First Amendment zones:

– Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park

6160 NW 32nd Ct, Miami, FL 33142

(305) 633-2044

– Goulds Park

11350 SW 216th St, Miami, FL 33170

(305) 255-2399

The MDPD also wants the community to follow updates via the MDPD Facebook page and the Twitter feed. Police are also urging anyone who hears rumors of possible congregating or rioting to call 311.

I imagine the implication of these zones will be that if you're in them, your actions are closely watched and if you step out of line and send the wrong signal, you'll get peppersprayed, watercannoned, soundgunned, baton beaten or rubber bulleted so that the enforcers can keep the free speech zone non-violent.

If you're outside of the free speech zone and you step out of line and send the wrong signal, you'll get peppersprayed, watercannoned, soundgunnned, baton beaten, rubber bulleted, or, as a penalty of not being "reasonable" and staying within the designated free speech zones, outright shot.

Suzie Americanus interviewed by state-sponsored MSM after reports of dozens of protestors being shot, "They should have known better. No one in the free speech zones were shot at. Everyone knew those were the right places to be in. This situation's been on the news for months. I hate to say it but we really should ask what these people were thinking."

Some of you may remember that I said I would not post again until I am outside of the United States. Now that I am, this is as good a story as any of the hundreds that have happened in the 3 past months to continue upon. And by the way, I cannot believe how many face-meltingly abusive and outrageous news stories have come out in less than 3 months time regarding the unabashed despotism and tyranny committed by the operators of the United States. Like AF says, you really need wings to stay above all the bullshit anymore.

MRK
07-12-2013, 12:01 PM
I must acknowledge the perceived public benefit of this is that people will have a place to peacefully assemble, away from potentially violent riots.

But we must also realize the alternative motives of the establishment of these zones.

As stated above, it gives credence to the state's use of excessive force outside of the zones.

Of equally important consequence, calling these first amendment zones in of itself induces the thinking that the state can determine when and where the first amendment applies. The implementation of this mindset among the general population opens the door to regular acceptance of the full deployment of the police state apparatus.

Here is the original article, taken from the top of drudge: http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/07/12/police-readying-first-amendment-zones-to-quell-possible-zimmerman-backlash/

DamianTV
07-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Those Free Speech zones are exactly where riots will most likely break out, depending on the verdict.

http://stockguy22.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/its-a-trap4.jpg

tangent4ronpaul
07-12-2013, 12:09 PM
I remember the "free speech zones" at the '08 Repug and Dem national conventions.

1) Completely out of site of the event or anyone attending.
2) 8' cyclone fences topped with razor wire.
3) Snipers.

Don't ya just love the land of the free?

:rolleyes:

-t

kathy88
07-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Methinks these ass clowns need the definition of oxymoron.

Occam's Banana
07-12-2013, 01:51 PM
The exercise of one of the most fundamental of all liberties is subject to official government approval as to time & place. Now, what's on TV? *burp*

The very phrases "first amendment zones" and "free spech zones" themselves tell you absolutely everything you need to know about the utterly epic failure of the United States as the so-called "land of the free."

I remember the "free speech zones" at the '08 Repug and Dem national conventions.

1) Completely out of site of the event or anyone attending.
2) 8' cyclone fences topped with razor wire.
3) Snipers.

Don't ya just love the land of the free?

Sheep need shepherds. Sheep need shearing.