PDA

View Full Version : Blimp Site Intro Text, Should it be Changed?

micahnelson
11-27-2007, 10:33 AM
While I think the blimp is a creative way to promote the Ron Paul, I think the text on the site is unprofessional sounding and should be changed as soon as possible, considering how the media is starting to copy and paste from there. I wrote three possible alternatives. Does anyone agree or am I being a fascist, lol.

One: Funny

Whats so enormous you can't ignore it, and soaring higher every day? Well, yes, the national debt. But right now we are talking about the Ron Paul Blimp! Ron Paul's blimp will soar to the top of the skies, for the same reason his message is spreading- the contents are less dense! Some may say we get enough hot air from politicians, so this blimp is filled with helium. It's less costly, more efficient, and better for the environment; and you know what they say- candidates will run their office like they run their campaigns. While the other candidates rack up debt and pay for “grassroots” support, Ron Paul's campaign is in the black and his supporters are heading to the great blue yonder!

Make this outrageously creative, slightly absurd, and uniquely American dream take flight! Pledge now and tell your grandkids how you funded the blimp that saved their future.

Two: Appeal to the need

Look, up in the sky! Its a bird! Its a Plane! Its... Its... Ron Paul for President? Tired of being marginalized as second tier? News coverage of other candidates eating waffles or going mini-golfing not quite cutting it for you. It's time to do something. Its time to take this campaign to the next level, like the stratosphere. The Ron Paul blimp can become a reality. A small investment from us can increase name recognition, voter interest, and score heavy media attention. Flying over major cities and gatherings, people will wonder why we care so much about this election. If even a small percentage of the people who see the airship learn why the message of liberty is so important, we can have a major effect on this election. To undo the tethers on this idea, pledge now and commit to support this project.

How can there be change if people don't know. It is out of the ordinary, but an extraordinary need demands extraordinary efforts. Help raise awareness of our extraordinary candidate by pledging today!

Three: Unprecedented

Many of you have been supporting Ron Paul for decades. Others of you, like myself, have only recently come to learn that for which he stands. We have accomplished great things as a grassroots campaign. We have set fund raising and Internet records, showing the world that Americans still stand for liberty. This campaign is on the precipice of a change in many people's minds- from spoiler to potential upset. We have known this for some time, but America is only now finding out about Ron Paul as a candidate. To increase name recognition in such a short time, we must do something outrageous, unprecedented, and on short notice. Our plan? A blimp. It has never been done before, and will make all the media outlets. Hundreds of thousands of people will see it with their own eyes, and millions will see it on the news. The small investment is nothing compared to the name recognition we will garner from this event.

Together, we can make this a reality and celebrate freedom with a flying Ron Paul billboard. Pledge now so we can start flying over early primary states.

micahnelson
11-27-2007, 10:41 AM
/blimpbump

JenaS62
11-27-2007, 10:49 AM
I'll take door #3.

micahnelson
11-27-2007, 11:07 AM
have you read the original jena?

micahnelson
11-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Final bump, i guess everyone else is ok with the original text on the site. There are some spelling and punctuation errors that probably should be addressed at the very least.

Kade
11-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Final bump, i guess everyone else is ok with the original text on the site. There are some spelling and punctuation errors that probably should be addressed at the very least.

The original text is laughable and makes the movement look like a waiting line for sex -nymphs anonymous. The image of "Blizter" is overboard... I mean, C'mon... "Awesome..."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/Hindenburg_burning.jpg

micahnelson
11-27-2007, 11:37 AM
A blimp? A blimp!

Imagine.. the mainstream media is mesmerized as the image of the Ron Paul blimp is shown to tens of millions of Americans throughout the day (and throughout the month). Wolf Blizter, stunned and as if in a trance, repeats the words "Amazing, Amazing".

As GPS co-ordinates stream to the website a map shows the Ron Paul blimp's location in real time. The local Television stations broadcast its every move. The curious flock together and make a trip to see history in the making. Emails with pictures are sent, then forwarded, then forwarded again. Youtube videos go viral and reach tens of millions of views. Ron Paul becomes the first presidential candidate in history to have his very own blimp. The PR stunt generates millions upon millions of dollars worth in free publicity, and captures the imagination of America.

Please join us in our goal to raise $350,000 to make and fly the first ever Presidential Blimp in history. Choose a pledge amount below and enter your email address to confirm the pledge. When we reach our goal in pledges you'll receive an email letting you know it's time to fulfill the pledge.

Thats the original...

monx
11-27-2007, 11:49 AM
The original is absolutely brilliant.

Kade
11-27-2007, 11:58 AM

Why is this your first post?

micahnelson
11-27-2007, 11:59 AM
welcome to the forums =)

micahnelson
11-27-2007, 12:38 PM
c'mon blitzer is spelled wrong

Storm3
11-27-2007, 12:44 PM
I agree with micahnelson... the text on ronpaulblimp is, hmm, not perfect.

Text number 2 i great, imo.

There is a "commentary" on the blimp site here: http://wonkette.com/politics/new-forms-of-terrorism/paultards-seek-blimp-326390.php

micahnelson
11-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah. Not that I think we should change anything for our detractors, but giving them less ammo over punctuation and spelling would be nice.