PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous Person Posts $500k Bail For Jailed League of Legends Player

aGameOfThrones
07-11-2013, 07:42 PM
An "anonymous good Samaritan" has donated $500,000 to the family of jailed League of Legends player Justin Carter in order to help them post bail, reports MSNBC.

Carter, who was arrested for a Facebook comment in which he said he would "shoot up a kindergarten," has been in jail for almost four months.

"Oh yeah, I’m real messed up in the head," the 19-year-old Carter reportedly wrote after a match of League of Legends. "I’m going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts."

According to Carter's father, those remarks were followed up by "lol" and "jk."

Carter's hearing is set for July 16. If convicted of the third-degree felony of making terrorist threats, he could be jailed for up to a decade.

http://kotaku.com/anonymous-person-posts-500k-bail-for-jailed-league-of-747529192?rev=1373573322&utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

RELATED THREAD: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?419627-Teen-makes-violent-joke-during-video-game-is-jailed-for-months&highlight=League+legends

better-dead-than-fed
07-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Carter's current lawyer is inadequate.

SeanTX
07-11-2013, 08:05 PM
The "lady" in Canada who ratted him out and caused all of this needs to get some attention from Anonymous -- though I suppose up in Canada that sort of behavior is considered normal.

VoluntaryAmerican
07-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Wow that is truly amazing, one rich gamer obviously was touched by this kid's plight... that's a hell of a scoop if a reporter finds out the anon donor.

kcchiefs6465
07-11-2013, 08:18 PM
The "lady" in Canada who ratted him out and caused all of this needs to get some attention from Anonymous -- though I suppose up in Canada that sort of behavior is considered normal.
No more normal than it is here.

randpaul2016
07-11-2013, 08:44 PM
awesome

surf
07-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Wow that is truly amazing, one rich gamer obviously was touched by this kid's plight... that's a hell of a scoop if a reporter finds out the anon donor.
I hope he doesn't find out. anon = anon

better-dead-than-fed
07-11-2013, 09:27 PM
I was arrested under circumstances almost identical to Carter's, except the court denied me bail since I owned guns.

tod evans
07-12-2013, 05:16 AM

Think of all the children she saved....:rolleyes: