PDA

View Full Version : Breitbart interview: Rand Paul likely to make decision shortly after 2014 midterms

jct74
07-11-2013, 06:44 PM
EXCLUSIVE: RAND PAUL -- I'M 'THINKING ABOUT' RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

by MATTHEW BOYLE
11 Jul 2013, 3:14 PM PDT

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) told Breitbart News in an exclusive interview on Thursday that he is contemplating a run for president in 2016 and that he will likely make an announcement on a decision shortly after the 2014 midterm congressional elections.

“We’ve been thinking about it,” Paul said in a phone interview. “And we will continue to think about it probably until after the 2014 elections. I haven’t made a decision, it’s a big decision you know with regard to family and the extensive travel that’s involved with it. And then also just seeing where the country is going in the next year or two.”

According to a new Public Policy Polling (PPP) survey, Paul leads the pack of potential 2016 GOP candidates in both Iowa and New Hampshire. Paul’s 18 percent in the poll leads New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s 16 percent, 15 percent for former Vice Presidential candidate and House Budget Committee chairman Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), 14 percent for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, 11 percent for Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), 10 percent for Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), 6 percent for former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, 2 percent for Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and 1 percent for New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez.

Paul shot to the front of the pack in Iowa after Rubio took a five-point nose dive since PPP’s February poll, during which time Rubio has tried to shepherd a plan through Congress that would legalize America’s at least 11 million illegal immigrants before securing the border or fixing immigration law enforcement problems.

Paul has consistently led in New Hampshire as well, PPP notes. Last time PPP polled New Hampshire, he received 28 percent in comparison to Rubio’s 25 percent and Christie’s 14 percent.

read more:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/07/11/Exclusive-Rand-Paul-I-m-thinking-about-running-for-president-Americans-hungry-for-someone-who-will-stand-up

compromise
07-12-2013, 03:17 AM
He will also want to see how many House/Senate allies he has after the 2014 elections to endorse his presidential campaign.

mello
07-12-2013, 11:08 AM
I don't know how exclusive this is. Rand has repeatedly said that he would make a decision in 2014.

FSP-Rebel
07-12-2013, 11:28 AM
He will also want to see how many House/Senate allies he has after the 2014 elections to endorse his presidential campaign.
Bingo! That's where we come in.