PDA

View Full Version : Eyeball-Scanning Is Now a Reality, Coming to a Middle School Near You

CaseyJones
07-11-2013, 04:25 PM
http://betabeat.com/2013/07/eyeball-scanning-is-now-a-reality-coming-to-a-middle-school-near-you/

Like something straight out of Gattaca, scientists have developed iris-scanning technology to be deployed at schools, airports and banks, CNN.com reports.

From CNN.com:

“‘Imagine a world where you’re no longer reliant on user names and passwords,’ Eyelock CMO Anthony Antolino told CNNMoney. ‘If we’re going through a turnstile and you have authorization to go beyond that, it’ll open the turnstile for you, if you embed it into a tablet or PC, it will unlock your phone or your tablet or it will log you into your email account.’”

The software is being rolled out at some schools this fall. Kiddies will simply look into the binocular-shaped scanner, and it will “beep if they’re on the right bus and honk if they’re on the wrong one.” Apparently, this is cheaper and easier than having teachers tell kids where to go.

It also syncs with a mobile app to keep helicopter parents apprised of little Ava or Oliver’s every move, CNN.com reports.

“Every time a child boards or exits the bus, his parent gets and email or text with the child’s photograph, a Google map where they boarded or exited the bus, as well as the time and date.”

So basically, it’s now impossible for kids to peace-out and skip school undetected instead of getting on the bus. Is nothing sacred anymore?

The technology could soon be available at banks — “you can gain access to an ATM in a blink” — and airports — “the system will analyze your iris as you pass through security, identifying and welcoming you by name,” CNN.com reports.

If this means shorter lines at customs, we’re all for it.

KEEF
07-11-2013, 04:30 PM
It is how the business that my wife works at does their time clock. It pisses me off.

luctor-et-emergo
07-11-2013, 04:35 PM
This is the kind of surveillance/tracking that modern industry farms to track livestock... Although they use RFID's for that. But the level of tracking is about the same. I think it's outrageous to do it for animals too, but I can get over that... But to then degrade kids to pigs is inhumane so to say.

presence
07-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Kiddies will simply look into the binocular-shaped scanner, and it will “beep if they’re on the right bus and honk if they’re on the wrong one.”

[]

“Every time a child boards or exits the bus, his parent gets and email or text with the child’s photograph, a Google map where they boarded or exited the bus, as well as the time and date.”

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz52/Krynn72/Animated/1276810507002.gif

Scrapmo
07-11-2013, 05:57 PM
“‘Imagine a world where you’re no longer reliant on user names and passwords,’ Eyelock CMO Anthony Antolino told CNNMoney. ‘If we’re going through a turnstile and you have authorization to go beyond that, it’ll open the turnstile for you, if you embed it into a tablet or PC, it will unlock your phone or your tablet or it will log you into your email account.’”

Great...now criminals will acctually have a good reason to dig someones eye out with a spoon.

CaseyJones
07-11-2013, 05:59 PM
these are probably the kind that can be spoofed with a good high definition picture of an eyeball

DamianTV
07-11-2013, 06:00 PM
This is what they are really teaching in Public Schools. We dont have to respect you, but you have to OBEY us. You have NO RIGHTS. You are Cattle, and you will be bought and sold. What you do IS our business, oh and thats also for sale.

Does anyone think that the Public School System actually teaches what is on the cirriculum, or rather is THIS the lesson they teach your children?

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-11-2013, 06:06 PM
what happened to just walking into school?

Scrapmo
07-11-2013, 06:35 PM

How is that supposed to teach complaince while syphoning off additional income from the public?

presence
07-11-2013, 06:37 PM

http://media.glassdoor.com/m/bb/b7/4f/20/united-states-department-of-education-in-washington-dc-photo-thanks-to.jpg

Origanalist
07-11-2013, 06:43 PM
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz52/Krynn72/Animated/1276810507002.gif

Well, I felt like puking after reading that. Now I really feel like puking......................

DamianTV
07-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Well, I felt like puking after reading that. Now I really feel like puking......................

We're sorry sir, you have exceeded your total sick days allowed for your lifetime and are not allowed (we give the permission) to become ill.

HOLLYWOOD
07-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Every single second of your life is tracked and recorded. These Big Brother profiteers should the first to the guillotines... but, no they will be last, AFTER they have served their usefulness sending all the mundanes/non compliant/"unfit serfs". Merger of the Marxist-Fascist state... its become the worst of both evil worlds.

Obedient Worker... Obedient Workers

presence
07-11-2013, 07:24 PM

Its really the spot that ends up on the lens of the camera that gets me.

Flugel89
07-11-2013, 07:33 PM
these are probably the kind that can be spoofed with a good high definition picture of an eyeball

The machines may require you to blink to prove it's not a picture.

Origanalist
07-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Its really the spot that ends up on the lens of the camera that gets me.

"Blowback"

tod evans
07-11-2013, 08:09 PM
The idea of a database of retinal scans matched to the DNA gathered involuntarily, add in the fingerprints taken to help find "missing" children and by the time a kid's 16 they're marked for life..:mad:

Anti Federalist
07-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Not gonna post nasty puke pictures...

Anti Federalist
07-11-2013, 08:11 PM
The idea of a database of retinal scans matched to the DNA gathered involuntarily, add in the fingerprints taken to help find "missing" children and by the time a kid's 16 they're marked for life..:mad:

They'll have them in The Matrix long before that...like before leaving the government mandated birthing facility.

All new tax cattle will be fully integrated into The Matrix prior to leaving.

tod evans
07-11-2013, 08:18 PM
They'll have them in The Matrix long before that...like before leaving the government mandated birthing facility.

All new tax cattle will be fully integrated into The Matrix prior to leaving.

Scary business!

I'm old,"they" know who I am, it's these young folks who really need to be scared:eek:

DamianTV
07-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Dont forget that you are REQUIRED to enroll your child in these horrid mindwashing facilities. The older I get, the more I swear people would be ten times better off NOT being educated in the Public Education System and having NO EDUCATION than to actually get one.

Occam's Banana
07-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Great...now criminals will acctually have a good reason to dig someones eye out with a spoon.

Or a fountain pen ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbM--4-z0cs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbM--4-z0cs

Henry Rogue
07-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Great...now criminals will acctually have a good reason to dig someones eye out with a spoon. I'm always looking for the unintended consequences too.

DamianTV
07-12-2013, 11:57 AM
The Fourth Amendment to the Bill of Rights was not added by the Founding Fathers with the sole intention of protecting Criminals.

The Founding Fathers understood full well that the things a person should be able to hide from everyone else that are not illegal are exactly what Govt AND Others will hold people accountable for. Things like applying for a new job, having expired prescription medication in your medicine cabinet, whether or not you eat bacon, smoke, do drugs, if you are an Atheist, Christian, or Muslim, being either Pro Abortion or Anti Abortion (damned if you do, damned if you dont), or believing that the Federal Reserve Bank and Central Banks are as big of a threat to Nations as Enemy Military, or even being a Ron Paul supporter, Libertarian, or Constitutionalist, or just oppose the Status Quo. Things like being Jewish right before the Nazis began the Hollocaust.

Those are the things that are not illegal that will get you killed by Govt. Dont just look at the US, or just Germany, look at Russia and China, look at every other country where Govts have executed people en masse. The greatest atrocities against humanity are carried out by Governments oppressing their people, and Privacy stands in their way of doing so.

Those are the Unintended Consequences. And Public Education indoctrinates children to support zero privacy in order to create a more docile workforce or slave population.