PDA

View Full Version : Will this affect us?

Derek
11-27-2007, 10:18 AM
I read this column by Susan Estrich today. It's about how many college students won't be able to vote in the Iowa caucus because of its date (Jan. 3rd), UNLESS they remember to register to vote at their parents' address at least 11 days prior to the voting.

http://www.creators.com/opinion/susan-estrich.html?columnsName=ses

Matthew Zak
11-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Yeah I would say that could be a problem.

sirachman
11-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Well hopefully their being in college will help them pay attention to their responsibility as a US citizen and as being a Paul supporter they will have an edge on other less responsible or politically minded students. From the angle I am looking at this it is possible that it is a bonus as more Paul students will remember that others:P

sparebulb
11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm going contrary to the conventional wisdom by speculating that a typical RP supporter is motivated enough to plan ahead. My theory is that youth are overwhelmingly liberal and impulsive meaning that if they don't prepare adequately to vote, Billery and Obama are the ones that lose.

mavtek
11-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Lets get them registered now! Send registration packets to the meetup organizers! When Jan 3 rolls around lets get them hotel rooms until the Dorms open up!

Come on people we can do better than Gloom and doom.........!

KewlRonduderules
11-27-2007, 10:29 AM
yeah, this definitely is very important.

Make it a sticky?

BLS
11-27-2007, 10:42 AM
College students are inherently NON voters.

I hope you guys are right...that they will show up Droves...but I'm not counting on it.

RonPaulCult
11-27-2007, 10:55 AM
College students are inherently NON voters.

I hope you guys are right...that they will show up Droves...but I'm not counting on it.

Ron Paul college supporters will show up.

PS - I voted in college

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 11:02 AM
yeah, I voted , yeah, the Ron Pul supporter arn't you typical college students so they'll be fine, the more apathetic followers of everyone else are the ones that lose out.

Point, has anyone seen anyone walking in a t-shirt of any other candidate other than Paul outside of rally/debate?

Derek
11-27-2007, 11:45 AM
yeah, I voted , yeah, the Ron Pul supporter arn't you typical college students so they'll be fine, the more apathetic followers of everyone else are the ones that lose out.

Point, has anyone seen anyone walking in a t-shirt of any other candidate other than Paul outside of rally/debate?

I'm not arguing with that, but my concern is that not all students supporting RP in Iowa are aware about having to register elsewhere in advance if they're going home over break.

JenHarris
11-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Perhaps we should really start pushing absentee votes for college kids.

jgmaynard
11-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Can we get a text-message viral thing going for Iowa college supporters?

JM

jake
11-27-2007, 01:17 PM
good idea to get this info out to college students who are RP supporters, any way possible

DealzOnWheelz
11-27-2007, 01:20 PM
We Should Get This Out To All College Students Just In Case The Problem Exists Elsewhere

smtwngrl
11-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Perhaps we should really start pushing absentee votes for college kids.

Ummm, that would work....where there is a Primary. But is there such a thing as absentee votes with a Caucus (as in Iowa)? I don't think so.