PDA

View Full Version : Zimmerman Trial Outcome Prediction Poll

The Free Hornet
07-11-2013, 03:54 PM
News reports state that a lesser charge of manslaughter is an option (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/12/us/zimmerman-jury-will-be-allowed-to-consider-lesser-manslaughter-charge.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0).

What will the jury verdict be?

2nd Degree Murder
Manslaughter
Hung Jury
Not Guilty

Public poll, do not use this to make bitcoin wagers!

Antischism
07-11-2013, 04:17 PM
There doesn't appear to be enough evidence for a conviction from what I've watched of the trial. While I'm not 100% sure it will be a 'not guilty' verdict, I think it's certainly the most likely outcome.

Aratus
07-11-2013, 04:22 PM
the jury could split down the middle...

satchelmcqueen
07-11-2013, 04:39 PM
not fucking guilty is what it should be, but i bet the pussies give in and hang him.

jfriedman
07-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Should be not guilty, but all this political and "social justice" pressure will yield a conviction of the lesser manslaughter charge.

jmdrake
07-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Better people have been convicted on less. Worse people have walked on more. I don't care.

The Free Hornet
07-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Better people have been convicted on less. Worse people have walked on more. I don't care.

OK, the official lawyerly response.

I'll pledge $35 to Ben Swann's Liberty is Rising project (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/439668500/liberty-is-rising-truth-in-media-project-0/pledge/new?clicked_reward=false) but only if *YOU* correctly predict the jury outcome.

awake
07-11-2013, 05:33 PM
My prediction? Riots.

CaptUSA
07-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Wow, the part of me that still has a glimmer of hope in the future of humanity, says NOT Guilty (reasonable f**kin' doubt), but the cynic in me says manslaughter.

Where's that option in your poll?

Smart3
07-11-2013, 05:44 PM
My prediction? Racism.

He is guilty of stupidity, which is not yet a crime.

FrankRep
07-11-2013, 05:46 PM
My prediction? Racism.

He's guilty of self-defense.

jmdrake
07-11-2013, 05:48 PM
OK, the official lawyerly response.

I'll pledge $35 to Ben Swann's Liberty is Rising project (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/439668500/liberty-is-rising-truth-in-media-project-0/pledge/new?clicked_reward=false) but only if *YOU* correctly predict the jury outcome.

Okay. I care about Ben Swann. Hung jury.

jmdrake
07-11-2013, 05:50 PM

Self defense and stupidity are not mutually exclusive. And George Zimmerman is that "see something say something" type that gladly would have carted you off to a FEMA camp. Though now he may be jaded about the gubmint.

The Free Hornet
07-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Okay. I care about Ben Swann. Hung jury.

Hung Jury!? I didn't see that vote coming! I'm upping the pledge to pledge to $75 so I get a T-shirt (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/439668500/liberty-is-rising-truth-in-media-project-0/pledge/new?clicked_reward=false).

Smart3
07-11-2013, 05:54 PM

Sure, from the perspective of the situation. However, he never had to get out of his car. He could have followed the pseudo-gangster from the safety of his car and let the popo do their jobs.

FrankRep
07-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Sure, from the perspective of the situation. However, he never had to get out of his car. He could have followed the pseudo-gangster from the safety of his car and let the popo do their jobs.
As mentioned before, getting out of your truck is not illegal.

Bashing someone's head into the concrete is illegal and you'll probably get shot for it.

cajuncocoa
07-11-2013, 06:02 PM

What does that have to do with whether he acted in self-defense or not?

FrankRep
07-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Self defense and stupidity are not mutually exclusive. And George Zimmerman is that "see something say something" type that gladly would have carted you off to a FEMA camp. Though now he may be jaded about the gubmint.
You don't know what type of person George Zimmerman is.

Smart3
07-11-2013, 06:08 PM
As mentioned before, getting out of your truck is not illegal.

Bashing someone's head into the concrete is illegal and you'll probably get shot for it.
The point is Zimmerman brought this on himself. He hides behind God (like almost everyone who kills another human being) but it doesn't change the fact this could have been prevented.

enhanced_deficit
07-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Regardless of the verdict, plants neecon masters will not succeed in using media tools to create race tensions strong enough to boost plant's messiah image or fully distract from real news.

Trying to make a big racial news scandal out of two dark skinned guys is an uphill battle for media masters.

FrankRep
07-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Regardless of the verdict, plants neecon masters will not succeed in using media tools to create race tensions strong enough to boost plant's messiah image or fully distract from real news.
You mean the leftist Progressives and the DOJ.

Claim: Justice Department Stoked Fires of Anti-Zimmerman Protests (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/15956-claim-justice-department-stoked-fires-of-anti-zimmerman-protests)

If there's racial violence after the Zimmerman verdict, will it bear Department of Justice fingerprints? According to Judicial Watch, the answer is yes.

Smart3
07-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Have a little faith juleswin, you're the only one to vote yes to murder.

jclay2
07-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Regardless of if he actually murdered in somewhat cold blood or manslaughter, there is absolutely reasonable doubt which should make this game, set, match for him to be found not guilty.

FrankRep
07-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Regardless of if he actually murdered in somewhat cold blood or manslaughter, there is absolutely reasonable doubt which should make this game, set, match for him to be found not guilty.

This is kinda scary--

From Drudge Report:

Judge In Zimmerman Case Pressured by Obama Administration?
http://www.infowars.com/judge-in-zimmerman-case-pressured-by-obama-administration/

juleswin
07-11-2013, 06:35 PM
What does that have to do with whether he acted in self-defense or not?

Oh it matters. I am assuming you are a female right? Now imagine if one night as innocently walk home from the store and I start following you in my truck. Then at some point, I come out of the truck and walk up to you and remember, this is night time and you think I maybe a rapist.

In your panic to neutralize me, you pull out your pepper spray and hit me with it, this causes some kind of tussle between the 2 of us and at some point I pull out my gun and shoot you dead. Technically, I was defending myself from you because from my perspective, its the middle of the night and you could be trying to kill me.

I am not saying this is what happened with Zimmerman, but this idea that we should only consider if it was in self defense or not is bunk. If I was in the jury, I will definitely put into consideration what happened before the confrontation and the fact that was being a busybody will count against him.

ronpaulfollower999
07-11-2013, 06:38 PM
They'll end up convicting him for murder.

juleswin
07-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Have a little faith juleswin, you're the only one to vote yes to murder.

I meant to vote manslaughter. I do not think it was premeditated murder but I really believe his poor decision contributed to the mishap that happened that night and he shouldn't walk free unpunished. TM has already paid for his stupidity.

So my vote is manslaughter not 2nd degree murder if mods can switch it

luctor-et-emergo
07-11-2013, 06:42 PM
I can only look at the evidence and think it's going to be not guilty. I have seen a couple of hours of the proceedings and the process seemed to be quite fair. (I can't predict what the jury will say but the evidence is rather slim, right ?)

wormyguy
07-11-2013, 06:45 PM
From most to least likely, with my guesstimates of the likelihood:

1. Manslaughter (40%)
2. Hung jury (25%)
3. Full acquittal (20%)
4. Second-degree murder (15%)

In general, juries rely on emotion more than facts, and are extremely likely, when the option is open, to convict on a lesser charge (the average person is very susceptible to the golden mean fallacy).

cajuncocoa
07-11-2013, 06:49 PM

That's possible that he is....but stupidity isn't illegal and none of that negates or proves whether he acted in self-defense.

cajuncocoa
07-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Oh it matters. I am assuming you are a female right? Yes.
Now imagine if one night as innocently walk home from the store and I start following you in my truck. Then at some point, I come out of the truck and walk up to you and remember, this is night time and you think I maybe a rapist.

In your panic to neutralize me, you pull out your pepper spray and hit me with it, this causes some kind of tussle between the 2 of us and at some point I pull out my gun and shoot you dead. Technically, I was defending myself from you because from my perspective, its the middle of the night and you could be trying to kill me.

I am not saying this is what happened with Zimmerman, but this idea that we should only consider if it was in self defense or not is bunk. If I was in the jury, I will definitely put into consideration what happened before the confrontation and the fact that was being a busybody will count against him.

Or maybe instead of pepper spray I have a gun... and you grab me and throw me on the ground...then I shoot you.

Two sides to a story....only the survivor gets to tell their side.

Antischism
07-11-2013, 07:14 PM
The Marxist, communist liberals have beamed memory and thought parsing rays into the brains of the jury and erased what was once there. It has been replaced with racist propaganda that'll enable minorities to ruin white America slowly but surely, one case at a time. Zimmerman will swiftly encounter a guilty verdict, and soon after the blackening clouds of Armageddon will creep ever closer. They're doing it all high atop Mount Kilimanjaro with beams in the shape of bare breasts, signifying their perverse nature and corruption of the nuclear family through radical feminist imagery. The race war that was sure to be incited by hooded urban youths will have been stopped, but at what cost, America? What cost?

God, have mercy on us all.

CPUd
07-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Hung jury, but not as confident after they added the manslaughter option.

kahless
07-11-2013, 07:32 PM
--

satchelmcqueen
07-11-2013, 07:59 PM
so if you were being beaten on the ground by a younger stronger person you wouldnt shoot if thats all you had left? look at zimmermans face from that night.
My prediction? Racism.

tmg19103
07-11-2013, 08:29 PM
I have watched this closely. Prosecution has not come close to proving either charge beyond a reasonable doubt.

That said, an emotional jury not following the rule of law (and how many American's understand the rule of law?) could come to a compromise verdict of manslaughter that would be unjust, but not surprising.

If the jury just goes by the evidence and facts and understands/follows the jury instructions, it will be acquittal.

Weston White
07-12-2013, 02:18 AM
Based upon that absolutely horrid attempt at a closing argument by the prosecution, it would appear the state is intentionally working overtime to outright lose that case—a theme that has been weighing upon the shoulders of the prosecution since the trial began.

Weston White
07-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Mark O'mara is so knocking his closing out of the park. He is totally Kai SMASHING that courtroom!

WM_in_MO
07-12-2013, 08:42 AM
You forgot "Who fucking cares?"

jbauer
07-12-2013, 08:48 AM
I think they get him one manslaughter that way they can pass the buck to a civil trial. I also think the riots go on as planned.

UWDude
07-12-2013, 11:11 AM
5 white women and one hispanic woman on jury = not guilty

made to be a race riot

jmdrake
07-12-2013, 11:19 AM
You don't know what type of person George Zimmerman is.

I know about as much about him as you know about Trayvon Martin. George Zimmerman is a hothead who assaulted an undercover cop once and got away with it. His dad is a retired judge. And Zimmerman, while on patrol, sent in quite a few reports of "suspicious behavior" that turned out to be wrong. See something...say something. He's not the saint you want him to be. And yes, Trayvon Martin is a thug.

jmdrake
07-12-2013, 11:21 AM
5 white women and one hispanic woman on jury = not guilty

made to be a race riot

Yeah...hard to say. The women may sympathize with Trayvon's mom losing a son. The hispanic will most likely vote not guilty. One or more whites might think "Yeah...it's not 2nd degree murder. But could be manslaughter." That's why I say hung jury. And I'm probably wrong.

The Free Hornet
07-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Congrats to the winners (and Z-man's lawyer for that lame-ass knock knock joke):

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1935&d=1373767743

The prize: a brief sense of self astisfaction.

Antischism
07-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Not guilty was the right verdict in this case, I feel. Doesn't mean it answers all the questions or that Zimmerman was entirely innocent, but it was the right decision given the lack of evidence pointing otherwise.

CPUd
07-13-2013, 08:22 PM
I thought it might have been a hung jury, but I'm glad it's over so this shit can disappear from the media headlines.

oyarde
07-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Not guilty was the right verdict in this case, I feel. Doesn't mean it answers all the questions or that Zimmerman was entirely innocent, but it was the right decision given the lack of evidence pointing otherwise.

There was never any evidence supporting the state .He should not have been detained and no case should have been brought.

gwax23
07-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Guess I predicted right.

ronpaulfollower999
07-13-2013, 08:59 PM
I was wrong. Glad I didn't have any money on it.

CPUd
07-13-2013, 09:08 PM
LOL at people still voting.

green73
07-13-2013, 09:15 PM
I'm psychic.

The Free Hornet
07-13-2013, 09:16 PM
LOL at people still voting.

Moe-riffic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55sjaEDJ65k

Origanalist