PDA

View Full Version : Thompsons and Mccains supporters

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 10:13 AM
With the new poll info up, Huckabee has now defeated Thompson and Mccain, and I wouldn't be surprised if such an event wouldn't make these two finally pull out... which is bad cause where will their supporters go?

Mccains feverish support of the war makes me think he would never endorse Paul, and I don't see Thompson going pauls way either... what's everyones thought.

Naraku
11-27-2007, 10:22 AM
McCain did have some positive things to say about Paul in the past though. I don't think McCain wouldn't endorse someone for their stance on the war. Thompson is also probably closestto Ron Paul on the issue of all the "top-tier" so he may support him.

However, since he's considered a fringe candidate right now that may cause him problems.

reduen
11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
I think that we all know that they will probably go to Huckabee.. :(

Which again brings up the question.

If it is all about the money, then why is Huckabee projected to do so well in the early states?

He hasn't raised a quarter the money that we have and everywhere I look, he is projected to take no less than 3rd in Iowa and NH.

How can this possibly be? :confused:

sirachman
11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Well hopefully they will all stay in to the very end, that is other than some democratic cantidates! They could easily switch to our campaign:)

filmmaker58
11-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I hope they just decide to stay home on voting day. Anyone who supports McCain after he spearheaded that amnesty bill this summer (I think his mom is his only supporter left) obviously doesn't have the interests of the country in mind. And for McCain to have gone through the plight he did and not understand what's happening to our troops today shows that he has no soul. I don't understand how Thompson (lobbyist..nuff said) ever had any supporters at all. I had a dream that Thompson waited for the debate on Live TV to confess his involvement and sellout to the military/pharmasutical special interests and say that he's dropping out and that if people truly support their country, and want an honest man to lead it, they will support Ron Paul. That would be monumental, and might even get him a VP spot. Like I said, a dream.

TheNewYorker
11-27-2007, 10:32 AM
If it is all about the money, then why is Huckabee projected to do so well in the early states?

He hasn't raised a quarter the money that we have and everywhere I look, he is projected to take no less than 3rd in Iowa and NH.

It's the message! :rolleyes:

steph3n
11-27-2007, 10:34 AM
It is showing that the field is so bad a tax raising, no backbone, no spending cut former governor with a weak stance on illegals can shoot up so fast.

Naraku
11-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Well Thompson constantly harps on federalism. I imagine he would actually be more supportive of Ron Paul than people may think.

Here's how I think it will happen. McCain focuses on New Hampshire and Thompson on South Carolina. If Ron Paul can get Tancredo's endorsement after Iowa then wins New Hampshire I think he could get an endorsement from McCain. If Ron Paul goes on to win South Carolina from his built-up momentum, then I believe Thompson could endorse him.

If that happens Paul will immediately gain frontrunner status. I imagine Huckabee might only get an endorsement from Romney or Hunter, later on. Giuliani will probably work towards winning on February 5th. What happens then could determine his actions. If he does well he may try to stick it out for the whole primary season. Giuliani, if he does endorse anyone, it would be Huckabee, but I doubt he would do that unless it was certain he'd lose. If he thinks he stands a good chance of winning he won't give up.

user
11-27-2007, 10:39 AM
The Religious Right is all over Huckabee because Giuliani and Romney don't satisfy them for obvious reasons.

user
11-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Am I missing something here? Why would any of these other candidates endorse Ron Paul, even later? Do we really expect them to do the right thing all of a sudden?

Naraku
11-27-2007, 10:43 AM
McCain is pretty rational and I don't think he's got the same kind of partisan ideals as others. Also, I think Thompson is closer to Paul than any other candidate. The only issue where either of them would disagree considerably is foreign policy.

If they can get over that I see no reaon they they wouldn't endorse Paul if he was doing really well.

Primbs
11-27-2007, 10:52 AM

The Iowa vote in 2000 for two religious right candidates was 22%. Gary Bauer got 8.53 % and Alan Keyes got 14.24 % of the vote. There is a large religious base in Iowa.

Steve Forbes who stressed economic issues came in 2nd and got 30% of the vote.

Bush got 40% of the vote in Iowa.

conner_condor
11-27-2007, 10:56 AM
I don't think any candidate will support another candidate that puts up fake forums.
Fred thompson forum that is actually a pro ron forum. You see what I am saying here people?

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Well Thompson constantly harps on federalism. I imagine he would actually be more supportive of Ron Paul than people may think.

Here's how I think it will happen. McCain focuses on New Hampshire and Thompson on South Carolina. If Ron Paul can get Tancredo's endorsement after Iowa then wins New Hampshire I think he could get an endorsement from McCain. If Ron Paul goes on to win South Carolina from his built-up momentum, then I believe Thompson could endorse him.

If that happens Paul will immediately gain frontrunner status. I imagine Huckabee might only get an endorsement from Romney or Hunter, later on. Giuliani will probably work towards winning on February 5th. What happens then could determine his actions. If he does well he may try to stick it out for the whole primary season. Giuliani, if he does endorse anyone, it would be Huckabee, but I doubt he would do that unless it was certain he'd lose. If he thinks he stands a good chance of winning he won't give up.

I don't know if Tancredo would endorse paul... he really seemed excited to bomb Iran in those early debates.

TheNewYorker
11-27-2007, 10:58 AM
A candidate that is a member of the CFR will never endorse a candidate that is not a member of the CFR.

Tom Tancredo is the only Republican candidate (besides Paul) that is not a member of the CFR, so he's the only candidate that can possibly endorse Paul.

Thompson and McCain endorsing Paul? Get that out of your head right now.

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 11:00 AM
I don't really expect any endorsements, that's why I'm scared of them dropping out, if they stay they keep the vote divided which is good.

user
11-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Also we should consider that an endorsement from one of these neocons hurts more than it helps. Not that one's coming anyway.

hasan
11-27-2007, 11:12 AM
the poll results are upsetting. its sad that what seems to be the majority of americans can't get it out of their head that the US government can't police the world, its simply not feasible and history proves it. i think ego is what's driving republicans towards pro war candidates. they have to face the fact that america cannot sustain itself the way it is now. its frustrating. how can we reach these people? is it even possible to fight egotistic beliefs?

TheNewYorker
11-27-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't really expect any endorsements, that's why I'm scared of them dropping out, if they stay they keep the vote divided which is good.

We need the other candidates to drop out ASAP. Less total candidates = more media coverage of Ron Paul.

Naraku
11-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Being a member of the CFR means less than you may think. It's a think tank, which means a lot of people offer a lot of different ideas on foreign policy some of these become policy, however some don't.

Being a member of the CFR doesn't automatically deprive someone of their independence. I think if anyone were to endorse Paul other than possibly Tancredo, it would be McCain and/or Thompson. I think those are the only guys who might endorse Paul.

I'm not saying they will, but it's possible, especially if Giuliani is faltering and Ron Paul emerges as the clear front-runner.

Duckman
11-27-2007, 11:25 AM
No currently running Republican candidate is going to endorse Ron Paul. Period. Paul is a persona non grata among Republican elite.

McDermit
11-27-2007, 11:39 AM
We need the other candidates to drop out ASAP. Less total candidates = more media coverage of Ron Paul.

wrong.

user
11-27-2007, 11:42 AM
We want the pro-war vote to be split many ways during the primaries.

TheNewYorker
11-27-2007, 11:43 AM
wrong.

So you're saying that rather than the media having to cover Giuliani, Romney, Thompson, Huckabee, McCain, Tancredo, and Paul all at once, having the race down between Giuliani and Paul as the only 2 republicans left in the race for instance, Paul would not get more air time?

That's silly.

user
11-27-2007, 11:45 AM
So you're saying that rather than the media having to cover Giuliani, Romney, Thompson, Huckabee, McCain, Tancredo, and Paul all at once, having the race down between Giuliani and Paul as the only 2 republicans left in the race for instance, Paul would not get more air time?

That's silly.
Airtime is one thing, votes are another. Don't forget the big picture. During the primaries, we don't want the neocons to drop out too quickly.

TheNewYorker
11-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Airtime is one thing, votes are another. Don't forget the big picture. During the primaries, we don't want the neocons to drop out too quickly.

And more airtime = more votes. That's the only reason whatsoever Rudy Jewliani and Mitt Rommel are topping the polls, is because they are being covered 24/7 by the media.

95% of americans are sheep, and vote for whoever they see on the 'news' the most.

user
11-27-2007, 11:53 AM
And more airtime = more votes. That's the only reason whatsoever Rudy Jewliani and Mitt Rommel are topping the polls, is because they are being covered 24/7 by the media.

95% of americans are sheep, and vote for whoever they see on the 'news' the most.
Let's take your idea to its logical conclusion and say there are only two candidates left: a neocon and RP. Do you really think that's a good thing? Yes, most GOP primary voters are sheep. Pro-war sheep. We don't have enough time to convince all of them.

hocaltar
11-27-2007, 11:55 AM
People, please wake up. Polls don't matter. Showing up on the day to vote in the straw poll does!!! The candidate with the most devout support will win that day. John Kerry and Pat Buchanan won both polling <= 6% Wake up already. Polls don't mean a damn thing.

On a side note. Tancredo is retiring after this term. I will bet anyone here $1 that he endorses Ron Paul. Pat Buchanan's sister works for Tancredo's campaign. If Tancredo drops out then PJB will come out swinging, hopefully Dobson too. But, I don't count on Dobson, my Christian brotheren have become confused...

Don't count Tom Tancredo out either. That campaign advertisment with attack in the mall... If an attack does happen in a shopping mall this year. Tancredo will go down as the guy who "predicted this was going to happen, and is a man of forsight."

MikeStanart
11-27-2007, 11:56 AM
I don't think any candidate will support another candidate that puts up fake forums.
Fred thompson forum that is actually a pro ron forum. You see what I am saying here people?

I tend to agree.

Blowback works both ways, people.

(P.S. Even though they are funny as heck)

tmg19103
11-27-2007, 12:00 PM

The core Republican base is still family values Christian right. Huck has captured this key demographic. RP's only chance is to have low voter turnout overall with the hope that a LOT of RP supporters who are not registered Republicans in closed primary states got themselves registered before the deadline. If so, it will become a true ideological battle for the future of the Republican party - Christian right, big spending warmonger neocons v. libertarian minded small government, anti-war types.

yongrel
11-27-2007, 12:01 PM
LibertyInNY,

I think for our purposes, we are best served by a larger field of similar candidates, for it divides the vote, and allows RP to win with a smaller total number of votes. Fun fun.

On a side note...

Rudy Jewliani

This is not the way to win friends.

Mortikhi
11-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Huckaboo talks slow and steady. His past work as a preacher has taught him how to speak to the easily influenced.

MGreen
11-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Thompson might endorse Paul if we win a primary or two and are unanimously considered to have a real shot at the nomination.

...But nah, probably not. We can get some of his supporters though, I would think. As has been said, Thompson has talked quite a bit about federalism.

Lucille
11-27-2007, 12:18 PM
While my first choice is Paul (of course) my second is Thompson. I was actually one of the few who donated to him on the ill-conceived Fred's Giving Day (though not to the extent I have donated to Paul.)

I would sit out the election (or vote 3rd party or write-in Paul) if the nom is Nanny Huckabee, Slick Mitt or RFK Giuliani. I would very reluctantly vote for McCain.

I, for one, would love to see a Paul-Thompson or Thompson-Paul ticket. (A girl can dream, can't she?)

Revolution9
11-27-2007, 12:27 PM

Personally.. I think the big oaf thinks its funny too.. he seems to have been pushed into the politics game by his first wifes politically connected father. He went along for the ride but the slow motion routine of speaking at the most 15 minutes of dialogue in a weeks shooting is more up his alley.

Their campaign has to know it is there and seems to have been quite apathetic about it.. And the Fred Thompson offishul video of the gun show visit where RP supporters were everywhere with signs and their videographer kept lingering on them is a bit odd. Kind of helps us while it appears to carry out the PTB agenda.

Best
Randy

Revolution9
11-27-2007, 12:31 PM
I tend to agree.

Blowback works both ways, people.

(P.S. Even though they are funny as heck)

Yeah. They might come over here and turn this place into pure satire and parody and sneak alot of good stuff in about Ron Paul..

Randy

jgmaynard
11-27-2007, 12:58 PM
McCain is still a serious contender in NH and Huck is going nowhere slowly here.
This is a state of serious retail politics and McCain has basically been staying in state for weeks talking with people in diners, parks, private homes, etc. He is kinda seen as "yesterday's news," however.
Neither of Huck's strongest selling points - The national sales tax or his preacherness/church connections are selling here. NHites hate ALL taxes so we won't go for a new tax even if it is supposed to "replace" the income tax since most of us are convinced it won't and we'll be stuck with both. We're also the most atheistic state in the nation and as for the churches here, a very large portion are Catholic. That's the reason for Huck's stagnation at 5% in NH, IMHO.
Thompson is dead in the water. He never wanted to run - He must have been pressured into it by someone.

JM

Drknows
11-27-2007, 01:03 PM
They wont drop out till the very end.

TruckinMike
11-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Do y'all know why none of them will endorse RP? Do you know why many of the limited government/constitutionalist republicans despise Ron Paul?

We look like leftists. The war issue(I hate bush rhetoric, baby killer rhetoric, civilian death rhetoric). Combine that with the leftist look-a-like Rallies, and then throw in a dose of Medved in the Morning, Levin for Lunch, and Hannity in the evening... And what do you get?

I'm a pro-limited government/constitutionalist Republican that hates that krazy Ron Paul the flaming liberal.

Think about this: When you and your brother are in a fight and a stranger walks up and punches your brother in the nose... what do you do? Well, you suddenly take HIS side and punch the stranger. WE have come off like the stranger. GET IT?

yes... they are wrong, but they have internalized a belief through talk radio/MSM conditioning. It's up to us --- to NOT fuel that perception. We must turn it around.

Its all about image... IMAGE, first impressions, constant negative conditioning combined with visual imagery = I hate Ron Paul

How do we combat this?

1. Stop using leftist phrases/rhetoric to make anti-war statements or points.(unles s you are trying to bring in a democrat)

2. Look and act like Ron Paul. Not boy george, but Ron Paul. Remember, we are going after republican votes, not democrat votes. Ok, we are going after all votes, but you know what I mean.

3. Please refrain from using anti-Christian rhetoric and innuendos. What would RP do?

4. stop with the che guevera imagery.

5. Ron Paul supports states rights - he is NOT for legalizing LSD, weed(except for medical use), or for aborting babies. --- "States Rights" is our sales point - not legalizing weed, LSD, etc...

http://www.artfull1.com/che%20guevara%202.jpghttp://www.autodogmatic.com/images/RP4P.png

On the surface our campaign is just not palatable for many. They never even get to the message... so how can they embrace it? remember, these folks have been brainwashed! Treat them like mental patients that are in recovery. Don't confuse them.

2cent$

Rant Done.

TruckinMike

PS - I came from that camp. I know what I'm talking about. I didn't see the light until around the '06 elections. -- I was one of them -- brainwashed with war propaganda. The SPP, CFR, and the republican backed amnesty bills cured me.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_vH5f59Og-Sc/RvykMxKrBJI/AAAAAAAABTg/9s6AE_kwgqk/s400/bumberstickers.jpg

saahmed
11-27-2007, 06:00 PM
A lot of Thompson supporters like him because of his supposed views on limited government and fiscal responsibility. I think those are emphasized over the war. So some of his supporters might go to Paul.

paulitics
11-27-2007, 06:21 PM

America loves liberal Governors from Arkansas.

Adamsa
11-27-2007, 06:25 PM
America loves liberal Governors from Arkansas.

They do when Ross Perot comes along and dilutes the vote for them. :p

paulitics
11-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Being a member of the CFR means less than you may think. It's a think tank, which means a lot of people offer a lot of different ideas on foreign policy some of these become policy, however some don't.

Being a member of the CFR doesn't automatically deprive someone of their independence. I think if anyone were to endorse Paul other than possibly Tancredo, it would be McCain and/or Thompson. I think those are the only guys who might endorse Paul.

I'm not saying they will, but it's possible, especially if Giuliani is faltering and Ron Paul emerges as the clear front-runner.

I would bet the ranch that McCain would endorsee Hillary before Paul. McCain is CFR who happens to spearhead the amnesty bill, which is an attack on national sovereignty. He is pro pre-emptive war, and expanding the monolotithic government and police state. He alligns 100% with the CFR. He is the antithesis of Ron Paul.

Noleader
11-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Keep in mind that the folks that are being polled today are also the diehard Bush supporters... Huckabee basically sounds like Bush and has the whole preacher thing going for him. Keep in mind that polls had projected Kerry the winner in '04 so we all know polls are not all that great.

Sematary
11-27-2007, 06:34 PM

He is only projected well in Iowa. Ron Paul is going to win NH

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 07:03 PM
we can't always blam everything on poll methodology, we may have conquered the unlikley voters, and if they all turnout, we got this in the bag

I just need to see the debate tomrrow night, I'm really aching for new RP footage

ionlyknowy
11-27-2007, 07:08 PM
I keep telling people, that it is a huge error to not campaign towards the religious right.

If they feel that their religion is threatened then they will not stay at home on election day.

Just like Pauls people wont stay home. But there are A TON of people that are on the religious right

user
11-27-2007, 07:20 PM
I think the religious right, being, well, who they are, have almost all been fooled by the neocons.

Stoli
11-27-2007, 08:35 PM

Huckable is getting free media attention. Millions worth of PR. They see whats happening with Ron so there promoting Huckfin to try to counter Ron Paul. It's all BS. Hopefully it doesn't work.
I have been talking to my boss at work about Ron Paul for months. He won't get on the computer ( he's afraid) So I print articles and bring them into work to educate him. He likes what he sees and I got him hooked now. But he sees the Hucksteer on the Sheep box and still wonders why Ron Paul is not getting as much attention.
He just doesn't get the whole concept of the corruption in the big media.

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Yeah, the attention Huckabee always got always bothered me since May, like he just seemed likeTancredo and Hunter, filler, but lmost every break.

"Keep an eye on Huckabee, I'm telling ya, he's interesting"

I'd always be like "How?"

"Ron Paul, who that, is that fantasy, like the constitution, lalalala, Huckabee, alalala"

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Maybe if Huckabee suffered a horribel accident and they rebuilt him into a cyborg programmed by google with a brain that runs on logic... maybe he'd have a chance

Robohuck for POTUS

reduen
11-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Who are you guys calling the religious right? I am a Christian and I consider myself pretty conservative, I just hate war and this one in particular...

slantedview
11-27-2007, 08:53 PM
With the new poll info up, Huckabee has now defeated Thompson and Mccain, and I wouldn't be surprised if such an event wouldn't make these two finally pull out... which is bad cause where will their supporters go?

Mccains feverish support of the war makes me think he would never endorse Paul, and I don't see Thompson going pauls way either... what's everyones thought.

I agree. If either of them drop out, it doesn't really benefit Paul.

enjerth
11-28-2007, 10:03 AM

Just FYI, I was a Thompson supporter until the day he announced his candidacy. I watched the Republican debate that night and Ron Paul jumped out and bit me. I've been infected ever since. I think I've got a fever or something.

peruvianRP
11-28-2007, 10:04 AM
I think they will go to Mike's throat tonight.

AlexMerced
11-29-2007, 05:45 AM
Well, the debates over:

- Mccain attacked Pau
- Romney destroyed
- Huckabee with his silver tongue sells taxes for liberal like government compassion...
- Ron Paul get maginalized yet still puts out a call for the REVOLUTION
- Tancredo and Hunter try to hard to be all american... painful to watch

deedles
11-29-2007, 05:59 AM

cfr