PDA

View Full Version : "I've got one tool, that tool is to beat people up and take them to jail."

Anti Federalist
07-11-2013, 11:42 AM
H/T to QuickZ for the tip.

Hope it wasn't posted already.

So "Fuck You, that's why" is not far off the mark at all is it?

Phoenix cop get fired for conduct

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c30_1373470844

I think all cops should have these, to protect them from false accusations, but more so to protect us. Sad that we need a system to protect us from people that are supposed to be protecting, uh, well, us.

PHOENIX- Video has just been released of a Phoenix Police officer fired for unprofessional conduct. That officer wore a department-issued body camera for three months. The video captured by that body camera led to his termination.

This all started with one complaint against the officer for unprofessional conduct. Investigators went back and looked at all of his body camera videos. He was eventually fired after what they saw.

Video: "Turn around and look at me because I'm [expletive] talking to you, you piece of [expletive] now get the [expletive] over here."

Officer Richard Greco on a domestic violence call: "What in the [expletive] is your problem? What do I want you to say? Why can't you get along with your family? Why are you pulling your wife out of the car? Then [expletive] you, you're going to jail."

And on another call talking to a possible victim of domestic violence: "I've got one tool, that tool is to beat people up and take them to jail."

Then he said this to an African-American driver: "Do you have a license? To be honest I would be surprised if you did."

Greco: "Do you ever hear the words that are coming out of your mouth? Turn off the car. Sit there. Idiot."

And to a suspect in back of his patrol car.

Suspect: "Don't talk to me I'll cry in my own blues."
Greco: "[expletive], you [expletive] I'll talk to you all I want to. You're in my [expletive] patrol car."
Suspect: "Yes sir."
Greco: "That's more like it."
Suspect: "Can I cry?"
Greco: "Yeah go ahead please."
Suspect: "Don't call me a [expletive]."
Greco: "Okay."
Suspect: "Thank you officer."
Greco: "You're welcome, [expletive]."

And this is what Greco said to another officer about a woman more than 8 months pregnant who got into an argument with her boyfriend.

Greco: "She chose to open her legs for him all right. She's just as much of a willing participant... She decided to play this game when went out on a second date with this guy."

Greco was interviewed by internal investigators about these videos.

Greco told investigators he stands by most of what he said."Looks like I said, 'it doesn't matter what I got to say then [expletive] you're going to jail.'"

"In the heat of the moment it fit what was going on. He wasn't cooperating with the investigation. Some people, you know, they don't understand polite words. They won't cooperate."

"I'm not trying to make us sound like a bunch of Neanderthals. I'm just using an exaggeration, a little funny, to kind of reset the conversation and get them focused on where they're going from here."

After being asked by the internal investigator, "Do you feel that was professional or unprofessional?" Greco said, "My own litmus test is if I don't go home and lose sleep over it, it's not the end of the world. Not a single one of these people complained about me so that seems to tell me that they didn't think it was a problem either."

Greco worked for the department as a patrol officer for about 10 years. He appealed his termination and lost.

Of the few videos singled out, more than 200 were reviewed and checked out okay, Greco argued.

brandon
07-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Honestly that video I just watched wasn't bad at all. I kind of like the guy's personality. His explanation about his "one tool" and how if he could do more useful things he would be paid more could have been said by AF.

SeanTX
07-11-2013, 11:56 AM
I predict he will sue to appeal losing his appeal, then be reinstated with full back-pay in a few months/years time. Or just move on to join a new department. No way to get rid of a determined bad cop, short of sending him to prison.

There used to be a time when corrupt people would resign in shame over stuff like this -- now they have no shame, they will fight tooth-and-nail to get their job back -- and then go back to doing whatever corrupt thing they were doing before.

Scrapmo
07-11-2013, 06:51 PM
A cop fired for lack of professionalism? Did hell freeze over? Can pigs fly without swat helicopters?

He should have shot all of these criminals, then the cameras would have malfunctioned and there would not be any eveidence against him.

kcchiefs6465
07-11-2013, 06:54 PM
A cop fired for lack of professionalism? Did hell freeze over? Can pigs fly without swat helicopters?

He should have shot all of these criminals, then the cameras would have malfunctioned and there would not be any eveidence against him.
http://i.imgur.com/nd8br90.jpg?1

Origanalist
07-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Of the few videos singled out, more than 200 were reviewed and checked out okay, Greco argued.

Don't ya just hate that? You get almost everything right, and the glaring fuck up in the middle of the living room ceiling is all anybody see's..................

Scrapmo
07-11-2013, 08:32 PM
My own litmus test is if I don't go home and lose sleep over it, it's not the end of the world.

I get a feeling this guy never loses much sleep about anything.

Not a single one of these people complained about me so that seems to tell me that they didn't think it was a problem either.

No complaint no crime right?

I guess all murderers should go free, none of thier victims ever made a formal complaint. I guess they were not too bothered by it.

Matthew5
07-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Instead of "To Protect and Serve", this should be on the sides of their squad cars:

"I've got one tool, that tool is to beat people up and take them to jail."

Scrapmo
07-11-2013, 09:03 PM
I think "To Protect and Serve" is still an apt discription. After all they never state whom they protect and whom they serve.

kcchiefs6465
07-11-2013, 09:10 PM
I think "To Protect and Serve" is still an apt discription. After all they never state whom they protect and whom they serve.
Indeed.

Must spread some rep around.

surf
07-11-2013, 09:14 PM
I predict he will sue to appeal losing his appeal, then be reinstated with full back-pay in a few months/years time. Or just move on to join a new department. No way to get rid of a determined bad cop, short of sending him to prison.

There used to be a time when corrupt people would resign in shame over stuff like this -- now they have no shame, they will fight tooth-and-nail to get their job back -- and then go back to doing whatever corrupt thing they were doing before.I predict he'll find a spot as another talking expert on fox news. "joining us now to discuss the brave officer's controversial actions from Phoenix is officer Richard Greco..."

ClydeCoulter
07-11-2013, 09:56 PM
From the video:
He seemed like a smart ass that thinks he's passing on his brilliance to his subjects.

surf
07-11-2013, 10:11 PM
From the video:
He seemed like a smart ass that thinks he's passing on his brilliance to his subjects.
see my comment above