PDA

View Full Version : New Rasmussen Daily Poll

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 10:09 AM
we lost a point and Huckabee is not 3rd... blech

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2008__1/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 10:09 AM
I guess it partly due to roation of calls, but still, very disheartening that Huckabees idealogy is striking a chord...

RevolutionSD
11-27-2007, 10:11 AM
I thought RP was at 5% nationally before? Anyway, I wouldn't put too much on these polls- they're leaving out independent voters, new voters, and young voters (who only use cell phones).

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 10:14 AM
I know, still, it's the polls that will get us media coverage, we need to be calling super voters. He was at %6 nationally in last wednesdays report.

partypooper
11-27-2007, 10:17 AM
he has been fluctuating between 5-6 (within margin of error) since the 5th november jump. i put big hopes into this one.

Mark Rushmore
11-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Honestly this poll looks great. Of course I wish we were up there in the 13% range at this point, but look at how mindlessly fractured the national scene is. 23.15.13.12 percentages. If the people who show up to primary follow that voting pattern - and Ron Paul supporters show up en masse, it's looking good.

Ron LOL
11-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Really seems to me that "nationwide" stats are unimportant at this stage in the game.

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 10:21 AM
I know how they practically, all though the point remains that media attention is heavily in part due to these national polls. If the media wasn't kissing up Huckabee before, today it's gonna get real bad.

I still think we'll win, I just would of like to seen a %7, :)

mconder
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Huckabees idealogy

There's an underlying ideology with Huck?

goRPaul
11-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Huckabees idealogy

There's an underlying ideology with Huck?

Lmao, good call.

I say, we should be rooting for the Huckster. He doesn't have the longevity to keep up after the early primaries, so the more votes he can take from Frudy McRomney, the better.

rockwell
11-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I guess it partly due to roation of calls, but still, very disheartening that Huckabees idealogy is striking a chord...

I follow politics closely, maybe three, four hours a day, I must have missed it- what exactly IS Huckabees ideology?

I think the numbers you are seeing are manipulated because the people running the show are about to throw their weight behind the only viable candidate to oppose Paul.

All is well, citizen.

rich34
11-27-2007, 10:48 AM
The one thing I could never figure out about Huckabee is the FACT that he never had a "name recoginition" problem even though he's got a huge money problem.

On the other hand you have a guy like Ron Paul who definately don't have a money problem, but he has a name recognition problem. I would love for one of the talking heads explain this one to me. I could see Huckabee polling high in Iowa because of the demographic, but to be polling that high nationally????
Pure BS imo! This is really making me sick at my stomach. I can't wait until the
30th so I can give all that I can afford and then do the same on the 16th!

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 10:51 AM
I follow politics closely, maybe three, four hours a day, I must have missed it- what exactly IS Huckabees ideology?

I think the numbers you are seeing are manipulated because the people running the show are about to throw their weight behind the only viable candidate to oppose Paul.

All is well, citizen.

Big Government, and social control by the government... he's essentially a fachist with charm and a Chuck Norris endorsement

the fact that this big government desecration of the constitution he supports appeals to mainstream voters, scares me.

Exponent
11-27-2007, 11:16 AM
With Paul at 5 to 6 percent, and the debate coming up tomorrow, I'm optimistic. On this same poll, Huckabee jumped up to the 5 to 6 percent range and was stable for a short time, and then jumped up further after the values voters straw poll thingy. So Paul is now in a good position to be given a little more respect from some people who previously thought he had no chance, but are willing to support a person who seems to have at least a small chance. After tomorrow's debate, we might see these types of people also throwing their support behind him, bumping him up the same way the values voters helped bump Huckabee up.

Michigan11
11-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Maybe it's just me. Say Huckabee out loud. That just sounds ridiculous.

I've been supporting Ron Paul since September, and the only time I ever heard of Huckabee, was via RonPaulGraphs.

Huckabee = WTF were these people thinking!

There is no way Huckabee is polling above the margin of error.

These polls, I don't know? I have a whole family that has voted straight republican since they were of voting age, and none of them for the first time, have been interested in any candidate thus far.

By the way, I've converted all of them to support Ron Paul. Yes! And I have friends that I've converted and they are doing the same. There must be 100 new supporters in the last 2 weeks for Ron Paul.

FluffyUnbound
11-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Huckabee is rising because the Republican party is coming apart.

You could only keep warmongers, religious conservatives and libertarian conservatives under one tent for so long. It was easy to do it when Communism gave all three groups someone to hate. But the Cold War is starting to be a long time ago and the coalition gets a little more delicate every year.

Bush basically shredded what was left of that coalition with his war. Now Paul is gathering up the libertarians and the old-school conservatives, the warmongers want Rudy, and the religious conservatives want Huck. It doesn't matter that Huckabee subscribes to virtually no economically conservative or libertarian positions - he isn't going for that fragment of the shattered party. He's going for the fragment that likes that he's an ex-preacher who can tell a joke.

RPinSEAZ
11-27-2007, 11:26 AM

You could only keep warmongers, religious conservatives and libertarian conservatives under one tent for so long. It was easy to do it when Communism gave all three groups someone to hate. But the Cold War is starting to be a long time ago and the coalition gets a little more delicate every year.

Bush basically shredded what was left of that coalition with his war. Now Paul is gathering up the libertarians and the old-school conservatives, the warmongers want Rudy, and the religious conservatives want Huck. It doesn't matter that Huckabee subscribes to virtually no economically conservative or libertarian positions - he isn't going for that fragment of the shattered party. He's going for the fragment that likes that he's an ex-preacher who can tell a joke.

Pretty good analysis.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-27-2007, 11:28 AM
5% is good considering where Paul was a month ago.

And maybe the old "youth support Paul, and they don't answer landline phone polls" will come into play.

klamath
11-27-2007, 11:47 AM

Absolutely right on. The religous right and the warmongers will unite in the general election but it won't be enought to beat the democrats.

Lord Xar
11-27-2007, 12:10 PM
how is huckaberry rising with NOT much money to promote??? Must be all that free media attention.... this guy is a perfect example of why people are sheeple.

F3d
11-27-2007, 12:14 PM

LFOD
11-27-2007, 12:17 PM
I agree that Huckabee is fighting over the scraps of the old Republican party = the people that are regarded as "likely voters" by the polls.

Ron Paul is the only one who has the potential to reach outside of that stale coalition.

I think those polls have a serious flaw in their "likely voter" methodology, but unlike real science, you can't examine in detail just HOW they determine who the "likely voters" are! And yet they are oh so "scientific". If that's so, then let us see the details of your experiment, so we can reproduce it!

ThePieSwindler
11-27-2007, 12:26 PM
I agree that Huckabee is fighting over the scraps of the old Republican party = the people that are regarded as "likely voters" by the polls.

Ron Paul is the only one who has the potential to reach outside of that stale coalition.

I think those polls have a serious flaw in their "likely voter" methodology, but unlike real science, you can't examine in detail just HOW they determine who the "likely voters" are! And yet they are oh so "scientific". If that's so, then let us see the details of your experiment, so we can reproduce it!

Thats a very good point actually. These scientific polls do not leave their methodology open for criticism and testability, therefore, how can we know that they are actually scientific? And besides, these are meant to cover one specific part of the population. Ron Paul is polling 5% nationwide? Who cares! Guess what? He's pollong 27% among independents in NH, the largest voting bloc by far. Hes doing VERY well in new hampshire, and if he wins that, his national numbers will probably triple.

JohnnyWrath
11-27-2007, 12:28 PM
note ...75% of the poll is from last week.

Rasmussen Reports did not conduct survey interviews over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. As a result, roughly one-fourth of the interviews for today’s update were completed on Monday night and the rest were completed before Thanksgiving.

Friday will be the first update based entirely on interviews conducted following the holiday weekend. Saturday will be the start of regular weekend updates and the Presidential Tracking Poll will now be updated seven-days-a-week.

AgentPaul001
11-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Ron Paul is now polling 5% Nationally on average and in key primary states as high as 8% (although Iowa is still at 6% it seems) among Republicans.

It wasn't long ago the campaign was polling in the low single digits, now we are in double digit range. A good debate and more press coverage and we might see double digits before the first caucus and primaries. I think even in single digits the campaign can place well in Iowa and win New Hampshire, but if we are polling in double digits its just icing in the cake.

AlexMerced
11-29-2007, 05:46 AM
New poll, Huckabee is now behind Mccain?

RP still at 5%