PDA

View Full Version : 51st State? "North Colorado". . . Counties seek to secede . . .

TNforPaul45
07-10-2013, 06:47 PM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/07/09/effort-to-create-new-state-called-north-colorado-grows/

Ten counties, including Weld and Morgan, started talking about seceding last month. Now some people Lincoln and Cheyenne counties say they want to join a new state they’d call “North Colorado.”
Organizers of the secession effort say their interests are not being represented at the state Capitol. Representatives from the 10 counties held a meeting on Monday in the town of Akron in Weld County to begin mapping the boundaries for the new state they say will represent the interests of rural Colorado.

http://politix.topix.com/img/L7SKTSRVP00N053R-rszw514

WM_in_MO
07-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Good! I'll move there in a heartbeat!

AngryCanadian
07-10-2013, 08:28 PM
And they told us Kosovo blowback wouldn't be happening elsewhere.

Good.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-10-2013, 08:30 PM
My question to them is: Why on Earth would you want to be put under the thumb of DC...again!?

Fredom101
07-10-2013, 08:33 PM
Is Boulder part of this? That's where I am now. It's a great place other than the Obama-worshipping limousine liberals and trustafarian kids.

Keith and stuff
07-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Good idea. It's unlikely, obviously, but I still like the idea. They have a backup plan that is also very unlikely, but also still a good idea. It is to change the CO Senate so that each county gets 1 senator. Kinda like the US Senate is set up. That way, rural areas have substantially better representation than urban areas.

Let's face it, the current people in control of the CO government are destroying the state. Something needs to be done. While chances are very good that this particular reform effort will fail, I hope it make it a little ways. I want progress on this with the hope that when they fail, they will be more motivated to vote during the next election. The people leading CO must not be reelected if there is to be a future of liberty in any part of CO.

GovBotDotNet
07-10-2013, 08:38 PM
The U.S. ought to be able to secede from the U.N, a state ought to be able to secede from the U.S, counties ought to be able to secede from a state, municipalities ought to be able to secede from counties, and individuals ought to be able to secede from municipalities.

Fredom101
07-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Good idea. It's unlikely, obviously, but I still like the idea. They have a backup plan that is also very unlikely, but also still a good idea. It is to change the CO Senate so that each county gets 1 senator. Kinda like the US Senate is set up. That way, rural areas have substantially better representation than urban areas.

Let's face it, the current people in control of the CO government are destroying the state. Something needs to be done. While chances are very good that this particular reform effort will fail, I hope it make it a little ways. I want progress on this with the hope that when they fail, they will be more motivated to vote during the next election. The people leading CO must not be reelected if there is to be a future of liberty in any part of CO.

When was the last time "voting out the bad guys" worked?

V4Vendetta
07-10-2013, 08:43 PM
I just saw this somewhere else... very good news! not perfect.. but a very good start

Keith and stuff
07-10-2013, 08:48 PM
When was the last time "voting out the bad guys" worked?

People were really fed up in 2010 and people voted out the bad guys in a bunch of states including NH and ME (and likely in other states but I don't keep up with politics in every state so I plead ignorance). Unfortunately, in 2012, that changed some, especially in Maine. They still have a decent governor up there, though. So while it doesn't seem to work on a national level, it has had limited success on a state level more than once.

Keith and stuff
07-10-2013, 08:51 PM
The U.S. ought to be able to secede from the U.N, a state ought to be able to secede from the U.S, counties ought to be able to secede from a state, municipalities ought to be able to secede from counties, and individuals ought to be able to secede from municipalities.

The problem is the US created the UN to give it more power over the world. That's why the US made the UN be located in the US and is a primary funder of the UN, an organization is largely controls. Otherwise, you make excellent points that I agree with. Unfortunately, most people don't :(