PDA

View Full Version : Monique Davis (D-Chicago); Call The National Guard "for the Children"

presence
07-10-2013, 03:35 PM
“I am requesting with this press conference that Gov. Patrick Quinn order the Illinois National Guard (and) the Illinois State Police (to) come to Chicago and work with our mayor Ron (sic) Emanuel to provide safety for the children" - State Rep. Monique Davis (D-Chicago)

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/07/10/ill-rep-requests-national-guard-help-stop-chicago-violence/

Antischism
07-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Here's the whole thing:

CHICAGO, Ill. (IRN) - Gun violence in Chicago is so severe that a state lawmaker wants state police and the National Guard to assist the local cops.

State Rep. Monique Davis (D-Chicago) is making the request.

“I am requesting with this press conference that Gov. Patrick Quinn order the Illinois National Guard (and) the Illinois State Police (to) come to Chicago and work with our mayor Ron (sic) Emanuel to provide safety for the children, especially,” she said at a news conference in Springfield.

Other state lawmakers accompanied Davis to recognize the severity of the problem, and the extent to which it carries beyond Chicago’s troubled neighborhoods to the entire city and other parts of the state, but not necessarily to concur with her solution.

Over the holiday weekend, 74 people were shot and 12 killed in Chicago, and Davis says the police don’t have the manpower to make arrests.

However, she said that if these state personnel are called in, a special commission must be set up to make sure they have clear orders on what to do each day.

“We don’t want them to have us fearing them also,” she said.

Scrapmo
07-10-2013, 04:26 PM
However, she said that if these state personnel are called in, a special commission must be set up to make sure they have clear orders on what to do each day.

And Im sure they would those follow orders just as well as Chicago PD does.

paulbot24
07-10-2013, 04:54 PM
"Over the holiday weekend, 74 people were shot and 12 killed in Chicago, and Davis says the corrupt police don’t have the manpower willpower to make arrests."

Okay fine, I made some corrections.:D

youngbuck
07-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Wow, what a cesspool. I say let it rot.

tod evans
07-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Calling Mrs O Leary's cow..

Scrapmo
07-10-2013, 07:20 PM
"FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!"

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01636/soldiers-firing_1636993i.jpg

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-10-2013, 08:27 PM
How is this possible? I thought Chicago was gun-free? Stupidity running rampant. God help us all.

Oh yeah...prediction: Within the next ten years, Chicago will be as bad or worse than Detroit. Run down, filth, crime-infested holes sucked dry by cronies, thieves, and the criminally psychopathic that occupy 'Gubermint' positions.

NIU Students for Liberty
07-10-2013, 08:33 PM
How about ending the war on drugs and allow Chicagoans to arm and defend themselves? I think I'm going to run for mayor.

susano
07-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Hers is the slave mentality. No responsibility demanded of the slaves on the plantation but call in the master to restore order.