PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC liars as always. + Idea

sirachman
11-27-2007, 09:36 AM
MSNBC just stated that John McCain has the most MySpace friends @ 39000 friends, when in reality Ron Paul has over 88,000+ Friends!

This is such aggregious propoganda.
To hell with mainstream media

Anyone think its possible to get together after this main campaign is over and start our own news network? Anyone?

user
11-27-2007, 09:38 AM
MSNBC just stated that John McCain has the most MySpace friends @ 39000 friends, when in reality Ron Paul has over 88,000+ Friends!

This is such aggregious propoganda.
To hell with mainstream media

Anyone think its possible to get together after this main campaign is over and start our own news network? Anyone?
I hope that's possible. Even if nobody else watches at first, I know a lot of us could use a pro-liberty news network.

Richie
11-27-2007, 09:39 AM
I hope that's possible. Even if nobody else watches at first, I know a lot of us could use a pro-liberty news network.

It's called Ron Paul Radio. www.ronpaulradio.com

literatim
11-27-2007, 09:40 AM
It's called Ron Paul Radio. www.ronpaulradio.com

:rolleyes:

sirachman
11-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Glad you think so, I thought it would be quite feasible. We could prove the lies the other networks tell, have actual real news, and not treat the viewer like they are an idiot. Wow, I am amazed that this is actually an original idea...

Don't forget to vote!

sirachman
11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
RonPaulRadio is good however it isn't a cable news network.

steph3n
11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
what about therealnews

sirachman
11-27-2007, 09:51 AM
How about this
Instead of FOX news network we use

LIBERTY News Network, we can even use constitutional lettering :)

literatim
11-27-2007, 09:52 AM
what about therealnews

It is nothing but liberal propaganda.

How about this
Instead of FOX news network we use

LIBERTY News Network, we can even use constitutional lettering :)

:D

hasan
11-27-2007, 09:54 AM
im all for it

sirachman
11-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Spreading the message of liberty WHILE making a killing in the free-market ^^

user
11-27-2007, 10:03 AM
We're talking about TV, not radio. In fact I think we've discussed this before in Ron Paul Radio's chatroom.

mavtek
11-27-2007, 10:05 AM
I'd like to see Ronpaulradio get on Sirius or XM, that would be a good start

Mark Rushmore
11-27-2007, 10:06 AM

Just about every call for an "e-mail bomb" so far I personally have thought unnecessary. But given that this is a simple, verifiable, factual error we should inform them, they will issue a correction.

coboman
11-27-2007, 10:08 AM
MSM media have the TV.

We can pay for TV. Let's get our own TV show. An infomercial.

check this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=41808)

mmink15
11-27-2007, 10:08 AM
how can we contat MSNBC and demand they correct their error? We should do this immediately, right?

RevolutionSD
11-27-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm waiting for iTV. Internet on your TV. We'll have thousands of news channels to choose from, making network news completely irrelevant. The word is that there are many companies involved trying to make iTV happen, but they can't agree on a lot of things.

The reality is that there are many groups that it is in their best interest to see that iTV doesn't happen, including, the government, the networks, and cable TV. I truly think iTV will be the final nail in the propaganda coffin.

LBT
11-27-2007, 10:10 AM
We just need 1 miilion people to pledge $100 and we're on the way ;)

DisabledVet
11-27-2007, 10:14 AM
I would volunteer to be a news caster. I am a professional saleman and routinely give speeches to large and small executive groups. My pronunciation and enunciation are spot on perfect...

happyphilter
11-27-2007, 10:15 AM
How the hell do you start a news network. I have no idea

BuddyRey
11-27-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm waiting for iTV. Internet on your TV. We'll have thousands of news channels to choose from, making network news completely irrelevant. The word is that there are many companies involved trying to make iTV happen, but they can't agree on a lot of things.

The reality is that there are many groups that it is in their best interest to see that iTV doesn't happen, including, the government, the networks, and cable TV. I truly think iTV will be the final nail in the propaganda coffin.

Whoa! How come I haven't heard of this yet? Sounds amazing!

The sad fact is that, with the exclusivity of television ensured by the FCC and powerful corporations, nobody who can afford their own cable news network cares about liberty for regular schmos like us. Cable news is bought and paid for by the special interests. The only way we can overthrow their hegemonial control of the MSM is by creating our OWN media. Underground newspapers, zines, public access TV shows, and community radio are prime entry points for getting the message out.

RPinSEAZ
11-27-2007, 10:20 AM
The best way is typically to buy an existing nationwide channel, otherwise you have to convince the thousands of cable broadcasters to carry your channel. Fox News was able to break into the market because Rudy Giuliani pressured the New York cable providers to carry the station. It shouldn't be any surprise why Fox is now helping to return the favor by propping up Rudy in his presidential candidacy.

RPinSEAZ
11-27-2007, 10:26 AM
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0DE2D6113EF931A25753C1A9609582 60

A little article about Rudy Giuliani's improper "assistance" in getting Fox News on New York's cable system.

user
11-27-2007, 10:29 AM
I think we should start it in a similar way to Ron Paul Radio. Even if we barely have enough people to staff the online "station" at first, and almost nobody watches for a while, we'll be watching. And when the time is right, we'll be ready to take off.

I suggest just being upfront but not over-the-top about our pro-liberty bias, and still doing a better job of covering world news than anbody else. Fewer bs Paris Hilton stories and more about the world. Higher journalistic standards than the rest of the media today.

What does everyone think?

BuddyRey
11-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I think we should start it in a similar way to Ron Paul Radio. Even if we barely have enough people to staff the online "station" at first, and almost nobody watches for a while, we'll be watching. And when the time is right, we'll be ready to take off.

I suggest just being upfront but not over-the-top about our pro-liberty bias, and still doing a better job of covering world news than anbody else. Fewer bs Paris Hilton stories and more about the world. Higher journalistic standards than the rest of the media today.

What does everyone think?

I think it's the best idea I've heard in a long time. finally a real NEWS network, without all the celebrity fluff!!!

I'd love to volunteer to help out with this project if you need some people to help put it together.

sirachman
11-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Definately! And we can also cover space and nasa stories without having the attitude of not understanding it like the stupid anchors do on cnn/fox... There are TONS of good stories CONSTANTLY that we can cover and not repeat stuff all day. We could have people just stuck there all day watching and not wanting to miss anything since we would be live, then we could have the live stuff online as repeats but pay for that via ad revenue.
Anyways sounds awesome! We can start out as a very good online news network then move to being on cable/satellite when we have enough money/etc to do so. Until then we can run as a free to watch online news stream that pays for itself with ads etc, and an option to pay monthly to watch us live fullscreen as a stream without ads.
Good ideas?

sirachman
11-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Everybody keep this thread going and later on we can all share email addresses to work on this. We can set up a forum for it.

Craig_R
11-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I truly think iTV will be the final nail in the propaganda coffin.

that would be nice but, there is no final nail in the coffin. eternal vigilance

DjLoTi
11-27-2007, 11:26 AM
We're not a cable news network.... YET!

Give me liberty
11-27-2007, 11:50 AM
I got like 4 good names that you could use
and i am all for your idea, it sounds sweet.

1.The people's Revolutionary News network (Non bais based)

2.The Revolutionary News network (The network by the people for the people)

3.The Citizens Revolutionary news network (bringing hope to the people)

4.Citizen'z News network (a brighter future for the people)

I just thinking you could start like a newsnetwork group for youtube first
and then run some epis depending on your schedule, and see how that goes first.

Dont forget to add those CGI news logos and headlines once you get everyting up and ready to tube.

yongrel
11-27-2007, 12:04 PM
I'd be willing to help, but I doubt I will, considering that I have zero valuable skills.

I'd certainly watch it though. It might even be the reason I need to buy a television.

john_anderson_ii
11-27-2007, 12:27 PM
wrong thread

ThePieSwindler
11-27-2007, 12:31 PM
I got like 4 good names that you could use
and i am all for your idea, it sounds sweet.

1.The people's Revolutionary News network (Non bais based)

2.The Revolutionary News network (The network by the people for the people)

3.The Citizens Revolutionary news network (bringing hope to the people)

4.Citizen'z News network (a brighter future for the people)

I just thinking you could start like a newsnetwork group for youtube first
and then run some epis depending on your schedule, and see how that goes first.

Dont forget to add those CGI news logos and headlines once you get everyting up and ready to tube.

With a name like that, they'll mistake us for communists :-p

Nate
11-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Long time lurker on these boards but this is my first post. I usually just use these boards to stay updated on the campaign news.

This is something I've thought about since the campaign started. A professional online news channel with no propaganda and real news. The MSM will never give the real news because the companies that own them would lose money if they did. If this could be done right it could be the final nail in the coffin of MSM.

The technical expertise would be the vital thing. Somebody should contact the guy who wants to produce the Ron Paul infomercial. He is a Paul supporter and could be someone to talk to about what it would take to set up something like this.

EvilEngineer
11-27-2007, 12:36 PM
The birth of the liberty news network would have to be born here in cyberspace first. We'd have to start out with a stellar website, and podcasting with various hosts. We'd have to start small, and work our way up to using more professional setups in terms of camera / green screens / pre and post video processing. Then we could attract advertisers, and snowball from there.

The real trick to this would be the business organization. I'd recommend a C corporation, with voting rights for each shareholder. Meaning, if it is by the people and for the people, the people have a direct property rights decision as to how the organization operates. This would avoid the corporatism problem with the major networks, and prevent buy outs by the big 5.

If anyone is REALLY interested in this let me know.

user
11-27-2007, 12:39 PM
liberty news network

I think we have a winner.

EvilEngineer
11-27-2007, 12:43 PM
I think we have a winner.

only possible problem is that the Department of Education might have a copyright on it.... http://www.libertyskids.com/lnn.html

Workguy23
11-27-2007, 12:45 PM
People's World News or PWN ;)

EvilEngineer
11-27-2007, 12:49 PM
People's World News or PWN ;)

lol :D

user
11-27-2007, 12:49 PM
only possible problem is that the Department of Education might have a copyright on it.... http://www.libertyskids.com/lnn.html
Then it's a good thing RP will be getting rid of them ;)

In all seriousness I doubt they would try to enforce it.

user
11-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Actually it looks like DIC Entertainment would have a trademark, but on "Liberty's Kids," not LNN.

FunkBuddha
11-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I've been thinking about this for months. If we could create a news network that was somewhat user driven like Digg. Let users submit news stories and rate the ones they like then the station investigates those stories and does a nightly news cast.

There could also be a social networking feature like myspace or facebook where people could congregate and hash out ideas on forums and such.

I say screw cable though. Just webcast the news show nightly live over the net.

Count me in on this! I'll help any way I can.

sirachman
11-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Basically what I am thinking is we try to push this with people inside the RP campaign and then out to the meetups after the campaign and then beyond. Then when the idea is spread and we have the emails of all the supporters of the idea we can mass mail them an address to a website to work on it.
I say this because it is by far not meant to be a distraction to the Ron Paul campaign but a continuation of the message that was given life by Ron Paul and brought into the spotlight. We can even dedicate the creation of the network to Ron Paul.

Could anyone set up a simple website about the idea which asks for email addresses for those who want to help in the future? We could set up a forum but I don't think we should like I said above because we dont want to make this a distraction at this point.

DjLoTi
11-27-2007, 02:09 PM
I think it's cool everybody's so on board with this idea. I've really tried to make RPR a news network, but it's difficult because we're short hosts a bit and we need more people on the air to talk about news/issues/ect. I would like to go to a more scheduled platform but we don't have enough people to take the airwaves.

TV is a major step, but internet isn't too hard. I've already set up a nice flexible platform so that we can basically become anything.... from just a place to hang out to a more professional news network.

When Ron Paul wins, I'm going to want to go more professional, as I want to be the 'next generation conservative voice' in America. Yes, we could go on XM, but we're only going to do that with great show content and a solid line-up.

I also want to create a magazine, so in my mind it COULD go internet/radio/magazine/TV but TV is tough! However, if anyone would be in a position to transfer from the internet into the TV, I believe it could be us since we're so topic-specific.

Seriously, if you guys wanna do this, you guys should be talking to me, because I'm already there. lol.

EvilEngineer
11-27-2007, 02:18 PM
I think it's cool everybody's so on board with this idea. I've really tried to make RPR a news network, but it's difficult because we're short hosts a bit and we need more people on the air to talk about news/issues/ect. I would like to go to a more scheduled platform but we don't have enough people to take the airwaves.

TV is a major step, but internet isn't too hard. I've already set up a nice flexible platform so that we can basically become anything.... from just a place to hang out to a more professional news network.

When Ron Paul wins, I'm going to want to go more professional, as I want to be the 'next generation conservative voice' in America. Yes, we could go on XM, but we're only going to do that with great show content and a solid line-up.

I also want to create a magazine, so in my mind it COULD go internet/radio/magazine/TV but TV is tough! However, if anyone would be in a position to transfer from the internet into the TV, I believe it could be us since we're so topic-specific.

Seriously, if you guys wanna do this, you guys should be talking to me, because I'm already there. lol.

Djloti, what I might suggest in the mean time for RPR is picking up doing podcasting ahead of time. Pre-recorded shows are more inline for online radio, since it allows more people to review the content with out having to be listening all the time. I know there are a number of shows I wish I could go back and listen too, that I can't do by just going to the live stream.

user
11-27-2007, 02:34 PM

I think one concern I'm sure we all share is not wanting RPR to shift its focus to more general issues until Ron Paul is elected! ;)

Long term the future for this looks bright. The poll results so far are great, and if there's any place that has a lot of people willing to work for the cause, it's here.

sirachman
11-27-2007, 03:52 PM
bump

ronpaulfan
11-27-2007, 04:17 PM
I made a video called "The Ron Paul News Channel" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK8lMqrcc0E)

Watch it if you answered "Hell yes!"

:)

paulitics
11-27-2007, 04:28 PM
One thing we can and must do is bring investigative journalism back into the market. I can see these stories breaking like watergate scandals..if there is competition amongst the bloggers. There must be incentive for some people to run with this and take months or years to uncover corruption. We have proven that we donate money for a good cause, this should continue with chipin programs perhaps for worthy bloggers who develop a reputation for delivering. I'm telling you I think we would find alot of treason (and treason is a strong word) hiding under rocks that we look under.

d'anconia
11-27-2007, 04:43 PM
For the record there is no way a libertarian (or anything close to it) media station could stay afloat aside from an internet news channel. A lot of lobbying goes on between the FCC and the large media networks and they make sure to shut out anyone pushing limited-government agendas while legislating in favor of pro-government reporting.

Mckarnin
11-27-2007, 04:49 PM
We can do this professionally and comparatively inexpensively.

The great thing about a news network like this is that many of us, myself included would be happy to do freelance stories and film the reports in a professional, local environment and upload them to the news network. Volunteers could sign up by geographic location and specify if they are willing to be "on call" if we catch wind of an important national "breaking news" story. I'm sure several of us would be willing to have Justin/tv type setups to stream live or get stuff online very quickly. That would cut our costs considerably as we could then have the "paid" folks at the network be the webmaster and a full-time content editor or two, etc... rather than a full staff of reporters and vans, etc... Once we really get going we could spend more and have more full-time staff (if it seems necessary).

The content editor put together a brief, 15 minute news summary every day and send the link to subscribers who could follow the link to the site to watch the news and then they can explore the day's stories further if they have time.

FreeTraveler
11-27-2007, 05:04 PM
I see three good components here that are coming together:

1) YouTube as a way to get stories covered and video ready for Internet airing.
2) Chip-In as a way to pay for quality reporting.
3) The Ron Paul Radio model of periodic live coverage.

Combine the three: An hour Internet web-cast each evening, where the anchors reference and discuss specific YouTube postings, and announce the Chip-Ins that can be donated to that compensate the reporters for their investigative work.

If Liberty Network had an hour-long show each evening, it could start as discussed above. Eventually, Liberty Network should have its own "YouTube" and "Chip-In" components, strictly for liberty-oriented videos and paying the creators of those videos.

This seems like something that RonPaulRadio or a similar operation could have functioning almost immediately.

American
11-27-2007, 05:06 PM
http://WTPRN.org is a good site. We could do this now online, if its popular it will be picked up in searches, and most watched.

Just do it, dont talk about it.

edit: I didnt realize they had so many 9/11 stuff over there...lol

kill the banks
11-27-2007, 05:07 PM
MSM = " agent provocateurs " too often

http://republicbroadcasting.org supports ron paul

kill the banks

smtwngrl
11-27-2007, 05:12 PM
how can we contat MSNBC and demand they correct their error? We should do this immediately, right?

Yes, we definitely need to contact MSNBC, and notify them of their error. This is a situation in which large numbers of emails would help.

ronpaulfollower999
11-27-2007, 05:19 PM
How the hell do you start a news network. I have no idea

Join the CFR :rolleyes:

ronpaulfollower999
11-27-2007, 05:20 PM
All this talk about an unbiased news media that promotes Ron Paul??? That sounds biased to me.

quickmike
11-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Hell yes! and YES I would watch it!

It would take a pretty big chunk of cash to get the ball rolling on something like this, but it would pay off pretty quickly through freedom loving sponsorship and people all over the country longing for something fresh. The important thing would be to put something in place to prevent the type of greed and bias that eventually corrupts the MSM. Some kind of "insurance"

I think its a great idea and would go over very well. The first step would be to pitch it to investors who are liberty oriented and believe in the message.

Mckarnin
11-27-2007, 05:34 PM
All this talk about an unbiased news media that promotes Ron Paul??? That sounds biased to me.

My vision for this kind of thing would be that it does not blatantly support only one candidate but attempts to offer relevant, truthful news that is aimed towards an audience that cares and that has a few brain cells they are willing to spend on thinking about what is going on in the world.

K

acstichter
11-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Sorry, don't have to time to read all your ideas, as I'm just leaving work, but I want to throw in that the Writers who are on Strike have begun filming their own versions of "The Daily Show" and other original content on the streets of LA and are posting it up on websites and presumably youtube.

I'm really excited about it and hope to find it tonight somewhere. I love going around the CORPORATION and using the people's medium the internet!

Sounds a lot like what you all are discussing here. LOVE IT

Cindy
11-27-2007, 06:22 PM
No doubt, some form of new fact based media channel needs to come from out of this movement.

Anyway, I wonder why they chose to show stats on the candidates amount of "my space friends" to prove which candidate has the internet mastered?

Why not show a comparison of meetup groups, and members??????????

This is more telling because meetups cost money and members are actively campaiging for their candidates. It's even more telling when you see how many meetups RP has internationally.

Why don't they ever show that? Include it in your e-mails to them.

AdoubleR
11-27-2007, 07:09 PM
I'll get blasted for this one, but I will have to admit that I skip all my other Channels and watch Aljazeera in English... Not as entertaining as other channels, but alteast they tell the truth along with the lies...