PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: The Resident: Enough "Founding Fathers" Crap

Constitutional Paulicy
07-10-2013, 12:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHdxh8B693M&feature=youtube_gdata

A recent Gallop Poll indicated that 71% of Americans think the signers of the Declaration of Independence would be disappointed in the way America has turned out. With much disconcerting news about the US government lately, many have made reference to the Founding Fathers and how they might perceive the America of today. Most people feel they'd be disappointed, but The Resident (aka Lori Harfenist) takes a different look at it.

ZENemy
07-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Wow, unsubbed from RT.

juleswin
07-10-2013, 12:32 PM
She is has point but just like most things we embrace, we take the good and leave out the bad. A bunch of imperfect men came together and wrote a freedom enabling document, the least we can do is to judge them on the document (i.e their legacy) they wrote and not on their personal flaws.

green73
07-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Wow, unsubbed from RT.

It's a shame. This piece had so much potential.

Antischism
07-10-2013, 12:55 PM
She's right.

AuH20
07-10-2013, 01:01 PM
We should dissolve the remants of the Constitution since the founders were flawed. 'Smart' woman. :D

Nobexliberty
07-10-2013, 01:01 PM
George Washington: Was a charismatic general and someone who did not bow to a political party.
Benjamin Franklin: He lived in the 18th century, what do you expect?
Thomas Jefferson: I know I am going to sound racist, but compare whites and blacks in society and his remarks seem true.
John Jay: The pope was the leader of the papal states, so being catholic would mean bowing down to a foreign nation.
John Adams: Constitutional monarchy might even have benefitted the US.
Alexander Hamilton: Died honorably.
James Madison: Native Americans were a constant problem for people living at the frontier and he did his job of protecting citizens of the US.

EDIT: Please do not ban me.

VBRonPaulFan
07-10-2013, 01:02 PM
She's right.

Sort of on some things, but you can't exactly look at what they did with your current perspective. You end up taking things totally out of context, like with slavery.

Hell, 200 years from now someone might make a video about you, and how bass-ackwards, uncivilized, and unthoughtful you were for fighting for limited government instead of no government, because maybe 200 years from now we'll advance enough as a society to respect each other without injecting the violence of government into the mix.

Sort of changes your perspective, right?

Antischism
07-10-2013, 01:08 PM
We should dissolve the remants of the Constitution since the founders were flawed. 'Smart' woman. :D

Lysander Spooner would agree.

AuH20
07-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Lysander Spooner would agree.

Spooner made some valid points, but I'd be glad to return to the original intent of the Constitution despite knowing that it would be subject to men's wickedness with age.