PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Border Agency Loans Out Drones to Spot Fishing Violations

KEEF
07-10-2013, 12:17 PM
I am a biologist/ecologist by training and education and understand the reasons for conservation and proper hunting, fishing, etc. but really WTF?

https://twitter.com/G_fasciatus/status/355027557017587712

July 09, 2013U.S. Border Agency Loans Out Drones to Spot Fishing Violations

By Ben Romans
http://www.fieldandstream.com/files/imagecache/photo-article/photo/38356/drones-web2-articleLarge.jpg
Despite controversy surrounding the use of drones over U.S. territory, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency has increasingly loaned drones over the last three years for tasks like spotting fishing violations, missing person searches, and inspecting levees on the Mississippi River, according to The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/business/us-border-agency-is-a-frequent-lender-of-its-drones.html?hp).
Proponents of drones say the units are a valuable resource that provides an unmatched level of surveillance. But critics point out that monitoring individuals without probable cause or a warrant amounts to an invasion of privacy.
Flight logs show the FBI, the North Dakota National Guard, the Texas Department of Public Safety and the U.S. Forest Service have used the unmanned aerial vehicles in the past, but border agency says it has strict privacy policies governing use.

What do you think? Would you mind being watched when you’re in the woods or on the water?

tod evans
07-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Think of all the fines government can collect from wayward fishermen...

Pay no attention that most are trying to feed their families or that just getting the damn drone airborne cost more than government will ever collect..

Government justifying itself....

KEEF
07-10-2013, 12:35 PM
My question is, what if you are Native American? Don't poaching laws not apply to them?

Then again, those drones probably have some face recognition software on it that cross references that with some DNA data that they have and Ancestry.com. So they would know...

oyarde
07-10-2013, 11:18 PM
//

oyarde
07-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Disturbing my fishing with a drone is immoral , such acts must be punished:)

GovBotDotNet
07-10-2013, 11:36 PM
Drones are justified in every case where the law they enforce is moral, assuming they are the best technology for the job.

oyarde
07-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Drones are justified in every case where the law they enforce is moral, assuming they are the best technology for the job.

Disturbing my fishing is not moral , I go there to be left alone, it will obviously agitate my condition, they are not the Kings fish , they are mine.

oyarde
07-10-2013, 11:42 PM
Isaiah 5:8

GovBotDotNet
07-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Disturbing my fishing is not moral , I go there to be left alone, it will obviously agitate my condition, they are not the Kings fish , they are mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWlJdSguolY

oyarde
07-10-2013, 11:49 PM
My question is, what if you are Native American? Don't poaching laws not apply to them?

Then again, those drones probably have some face recognition software on it that cross references that with some DNA data that they have and Ancestry.com. So they would know...

When I scalp the drone , it may recognize my touch, at least I will not have to stretch and dry it over the fire in my lodge and can just take it to the scrap yard....

oyarde
07-11-2013, 12:05 AM

The term poaching dates to at least the 16th century , when it was a punishable offense for a poor peasant to take a stag that belonged to the nobleman.Here , on my lands the deer belong to myself and God and there is no such thing as poaching.Poaching is a term that belongs to wicked, godless men who think they own something that does not belong to them other than self importance..... I just call it eating , people on the forum may call it not eating gmo tainted food .

phill4paul
07-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Fishing violations? They stopped "poachers" from fishing on the Crownes land? I have never taken a license in my life. I have fished and I have hunted. Always with permission of the property owner or on my own. Always with the intent to feed myself and others. Doom unto the man that says I cannot.

oyarde
07-11-2013, 01:03 AM
The other word "poach" probably derives from the poor as well , good way to cook something if you have no oil.Tyranny in every day language, you can have no oil if all you are granted permission to kill is small game , rabbits etc.

oyarde
07-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Oskanu tu , is deer in Oneida.

phill4paul
07-11-2013, 01:16 AM
The other word "poach" probably derives from the poor as well , good way to cook something if you have no oil.Tyranny in every day language, you can have no oil if all you are granted permission to kill is small game , rabbits etc.

I never considered that term. Thanks for putting a worm in my brain. Though you and I know that there is plenty of fat, animal, fish or vegetable, to fry with. Would you do me the favor of posting your favorite fry bread recipe in the "Freedom Living" forum? I promise not to derail this thread if we can meet there. :)

oyarde
07-11-2013, 10:57 AM
I never considered that term. Thanks for putting a worm in my brain. Though you and I know that there is plenty of fat, animal, fish or vegetable, to fry with. Would you do me the favor of posting your favorite fry bread recipe in the "Freedom Living" forum? I promise not to derail this thread if we can meet there. :)

I do not really eat bread Phil.Some of the best I have seen and smelled would be similar to what you are used to but with fresh or dried cherries, blueberries or cranberries in it.

oyarde
07-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Hopefully Sat or Sun I can free up some time to poach some fish for dinner.I have been busy cutting wood.

Athan
07-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Let your local fishermen know about this.