PDA

View Full Version : WTF people

conner_condor
11-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Seems like we are dropping the ball here and money took over. I am talking abiout I see not to much of people talking about handing out slim jims or going door to door to get RPs name out there. I have given out about 100 slim jims to fellow hunters the other day and continue to give out 5 or so a day so far while I am out in the woods. The only other thing I read about was on Black friday when they was set up giving out hot chocolate and slim jims. Money is not going to get him elected alone if we are waiting for publicity from the take we bring in. we got900 hrs till iowa and need to get RP name out there. What ever happened to the mass hand writing mailing to Iowans? We need to work harder and get out there and work this other than just waiting to send money in. Come on people, get them signs out there. Over drive now time, Not slack off time. It seems like the money has become important and everyone is relying on it for winning with the publicity. Well they never tell anyone what RP stands for and just talks about the money he raised. This is not going to win us the nomination.

drexhex
11-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Maybe we're too busy doing the things you're saying to post on here about doing them? :D

Also, here in Philly we just had an organizational meetup where we discussed what we are doing on a local level. I imagine that most people are worried about that rather than working on Iowa. The official campaign is working their tail off in Iowa, NH, SC, and Nevada. The thing we need to do is continue working on the local level.

Think of it this way: all of the official campaigns are working on the early primary states. They're not even focusing on February states yet. This means that if we focus on a local level, we can get the majority of the support before any of the other campaigns even begin to think about gathering support in the state. This also means that if we were to lose the first 3 or 4, we could still garner enough support in the non-early primary states to take the nomination.

cameronb
11-27-2007, 09:40 AM
I agree with this thread - far too much focus on which day to give and whether giving on one day is undermining another - radio ads and tv ads will only be countered by MSM smear tactics - the key to winning is engaging people face to face.

Mortikhi
11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
My meetup group just finished punching holes in 1,000 slim jims, putting a loop of string through that hole, and plan on hanging them on doorknobs of houses in our area this Saturday.

Knightskye
11-27-2007, 09:46 AM
My meetup group just finished punching holes in 1,000 slim jims, putting a loop of string through that hole, and plan on hanging them on doorknobs of houses in our area this Saturday.

I would've suggested tape, so you could get them on the doors faster and could choose a different location than around the doorknob. o_O Oh well. You're already done. Good luck. What's your area?

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 09:48 AM
I just put up a bunch of flyers on campus, and again, I try to get into the student media, sadly I maxed out the month editorial quaota, so I can't send anything intill next week.

Dorfsmith
11-27-2007, 10:08 AM
I would've suggested tape, so you could get them on the doors faster and could choose a different location than around the doorknob. o_O Oh well. You're already done. Good luck. What's your area?

My experience is that rubber bands work best :D But how is not important, we have to get the message out there any way we can.

I just got done writing 10 more letters to Iowa independents. Heading to the post office to mail them now. Fight the good fight. We CAN do this :)