PDA

View Full Version : IT IS CONFIRMED - NEW DEC 16th INFORMATION

Anti Federalist
11-27-2007, 09:32 AM
I just got off the phone with the City of Boston.

The afternoon of the 16th at Fanuiel Hall in Boston is confirmed.

(And, to blow my own horn a little bit, I picked up the hall rental fee, so the rest of you mugs better work to make this a blow out event.:D )

http://faneuil-hall.visit-boston-massachusetts.com/Faneuil-Hall.jpg

The rally will run roughly from 3 - 5 PM on the afternoon of the 16th.

This is the Boston MeetUp's idea, I can't help much more since I have to head out of town for work.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/68/calendar/6785213/

Contact numbers are on the site, anybody that can help can contact Bob Dwyer at 508-930-5530

I know we could use some tech guys to help set up a live feed, live video and blogging, guests etc.

micahnelson
11-27-2007, 09:33 AM
I live in Rhode Island and would help in any way I can.

evadmurd
11-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Awesome, thanks AFed!!

robert4rp08
11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
wow nice. wish i lived in the area

theoddmonkey
11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
That's fantastic. Thank you good sir for your generosity!

10thAmendmentMan
11-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Note: remember to donate BEFORE heading out on the 16th... just to make sure you don't forget. :D

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 09:43 AM
This is awesome! We need to build this up!

reduen
11-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Why does everything fun like this have to be so far away from me? (3000 miles, 48hrs worth of driving and $420 in gas from here)

Guess I will be missing this one also. Have fun folks and great job putting this together! :)

kimosabi
11-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Why does everything fun like this have to be so far away from me? (3000 miles, 48hrs worth of driving and $420 in gas from here)

Guess I will be missing this one also. Have fun folks and great job putting this together! :)

You should try being 18,000 miles away....

LBT
11-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Try to get some live laptops there for donations and a big monitor to watch the donations coming in.

This website has the most visually attractive graphs to put up on a big screen:
http://paulcash.slact.net/

reduen
11-27-2007, 10:12 AM
You should try being 18,000 miles away....

Awe, what do you Aussie's know about Boston anyway? ;)

As usual there are always those that are worse off than me in any given situation. I mean think about the effects the 2008 elections will have on the whole world.

We think that we feel helpless in this situation but how must our fellow patriots around the world feel?

Good on ya mate. :)

IHaveaDream
11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
This is terrific! Can you imagine how the other candidates must feel when they see so many folks doing so many things for Ron Paul? It has to be a real punch in their gut every time they hear about something like this. :D

Mark Rushmore
11-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Lets get this out on the Meetups ASAP so people can start making travel plans. On a date like that so close to the holidays, good to give people as much advanced notice as possible to help draw a larger turnout.

ghemminger
11-27-2007, 10:44 AM
PM me a cell phone and we will get LIVE coverage of it on the air

Avalon
11-27-2007, 10:46 AM

Guess I will be missing this one also. Have fun folks and great job putting this together! :) Or you could simply buy a coach ticket for probably ~$250 RT. You won't need a car for this event.

Green Mountain Boy
11-27-2007, 10:47 AM
We (the Boston meetup group) had a planning meeting for this event last night. A lot of ideas were discussed and we are hoping to have an awesome lineup of speakers. If Ron Paul cannot show up we will try to have a live video feed so he can speak to the crowd inside. There will be music, "dumping" reenactments and goody bags with tea, pocket constitutions and other cool stuff.

Thank you Anti-Federalist for footing the bill for the hall!!!

TruckinMike
11-27-2007, 11:16 AM
That sounds fun... I'm going to try to make it! But if not, I'll have my own little Boston Tea Party... right here in Texas.

I've got a stock tank right out back, I'll toss cow patties instead of tea!:D

http://www.marlerblog.com/Cow-Pie-3.jpg+http://www.blanco-texas.com/images/wading.jpg= A Boston tea Party, Texas style

As you can see, I'm real busy this morning.....and if you don't think this is funny, thats OK. I won't be offended.

TruckinMike

Mark Rushmore
11-27-2007, 11:46 AM
PM me a cell phone and we will get LIVE coverage of it on the air

^^

Benaiah
11-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Lets get this out on the Meetups ASAP so people can start making travel plans. On a date like that so close to the holidays, good to give people as much advanced notice as possible to help draw a larger turnout.

agreed

Maverick
11-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Try to get some live laptops there for donations and a big monitor to watch the donations coming in.

Yes, I agree that this would be a fantastic idea. Please make it so.

MGreen
11-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Wow... I'm gonna have to check out the train prices and see if I can come to this thing. Amazing work.

DealzOnWheelz
11-27-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm going to try to get my boy from boston to go check it out maybe it will sell him on Ron PAul

This is great

The community of Ron Paul supporters really shows how good humans can be when they work together for a common cause; it just brings tears to your eyes.

Mark Rushmore
11-27-2007, 02:20 PM
This should stay on the front page until its been circulated through every Meetup group on the east coast.

me3
11-27-2007, 02:30 PM
It would be good to get some professional footage of the Tea Party.

krott5333
11-27-2007, 02:31 PM

awesome idea! :D

damn I want to come!

krott5333
11-27-2007, 02:32 PM
We (the Boston meetup group) had a planning meeting for this event last night. A lot of ideas were discussed and we are hoping to have an awesome lineup of speakers. If Ron Paul cannot show up we will try to have a live video feed so he can speak to the crowd inside. There will be music, "dumping" reenactments and goody bags with tea, pocket constitutions and other cool stuff.

Thank you Anti-Federalist for footing the bill for the hall!!!

any bands lined up?

and when the bands aren't playing, at least get some music playing, get the party going!

make signs and banners for it too!

wow i wish I was in Boston, this sounds exciting!

krott5333
11-27-2007, 02:33 PM
anyone wnat to pick me up from Erie, PA? :)

AFM
11-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Make sure to get Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture to blast out of the speakers

polomertz
11-27-2007, 02:50 PM
If people can't make it to Boston, they should go out and have mini tea parties. Set up a table or something in their local neighborhood with a laptop next to a place with some wifi, serve some free hot tea, hand out literature, and try to get more people to donate.

hillertexas
11-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Make sure to get Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture to blast out of the speakers

+1000000

Green Mountain Boy
11-27-2007, 02:51 PM
any bands lined up?

the band Midnight Ride will be there:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=214800694

NinjaPirate
11-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Will there be any dumping of tea boxes into the harbor??? :D

Mark Rushmore
11-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Is it too early to start informing the media?

Maverick
11-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Is it too early to start informing the media?

I would say the sooner the better. Judging from this post, I would think that most of the major details have been worked out sufficiently enough, right?

Sematary
11-27-2007, 04:44 PM
I can't wait to be there.

Green Mountain Boy
11-27-2007, 08:55 PM
I just received word that Rand Paul has been confirmed to be in Boston for the Tea Party!!

reduen
11-27-2007, 09:00 PM
That sounds fun... I'm going to try to make it! But if not, I'll have my own little Boston Tea Party... right here in Texas.

I've got a stock tank right out back, I'll toss cow patties instead of tea!:D

http://www.marlerblog.com/Cow-Pie-3.jpg+http://www.blanco-texas.com/images/wading.jpg= A Boston tea Party, Texas style

As you can see, I'm real busy this morning.....and if you don't think this is funny, thats OK. I won't be offended.

TruckinMike

Now that right there is funny, I don't care who ya are... :D

donnay
11-28-2007, 03:44 AM
Any people who can make it to Boston for this event should come early so we can organize a Freedom Trail walk with Ron Paul supporters--Bring banners, signs and wear T-shirts!

Watch all citizens and you shall see...
another historical event to resist tyranny
On the sixteenth of December, in two-thousand seven
A clap of thunder not far from heaven...
But from the people who exercise their right to be free
and live in a country that cherishes liberty!

~Donnay

Green Mountain Boy
11-28-2007, 08:20 AM
At our event planning meeting last night, we at the Boston Meetup group brainstormed different items that could be passed out to people at the Tea Party at Faneuil Hall. One of the items we will be passing out in Ron Paul goody bags or by other means are pocket constitutions. I've started a chip-in for 1,000 constitutions which will cost $500.

If you'd like to help us out with the cost, please chip in below. Thanks!

http://teapartyconstitutions.chipin.com/pocket-constitutions-for-boston-tea-party-and-freedom-rally

philipsantamaria
11-28-2007, 08:23 AM
If I had my last final the day before instead of the day after Dec. 16th, I'd fly to Boston dressed like a native american...and throw tea in the harbor!

Brian Bailey
11-28-2007, 08:27 AM

Great idea to have laptops available.

OV 101 Enterprise
11-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Make sure that computers are available with an internet connection so people can donate directly from the event. What would be an even better idea is to set the computers up in voting booths, so people can go in and vote with their wallet. This would attract attention to the ability to donate from the event, as well as provide privacy from anyone worried about someone looking over their shoulder to see their credit card information.

Brian Bailey
11-28-2007, 10:19 AM
The confirmation of venue is now posted at The Paulunteer (http://www.paulunteer.com/2007/11/28/boston-meetup-tea-party-venue-confirmed-for-december-16th/).

I heard from someone today that Rand Paul will indeed be at the event... if anyone can confirm would you please let me know at Paulunteer@gmail.com?

Thanks!

donnay
11-29-2007, 12:30 AM
*Bump*

matthylland
11-29-2007, 12:35 AM
going to try to make this from NC

tonyTheBest
11-29-2007, 12:38 AM
we need to tally the number of participants so people know where we are at.

shell
11-29-2007, 12:48 AM
Ahoy. The paulcash (http://paulcash.slact.net) guy here. I can put up a fullscreen-projection-friendly page if you wish.

Joe Schwartz
11-29-2007, 03:31 AM
Make sure that computers are available with an internet connection so people can donate directly from the event. What would be an even better idea is to set the computers up in voting booths, so people can go in and vote with their wallet. This would attract attention to the ability to donate from the event, as well as provide privacy from anyone worried about someone looking over their shoulder to see their credit card information.
Please be very careful about this. If someone installed a keylogger on one of those laptops, they could record other people's credit card information.

Anti Federalist
11-29-2007, 04:11 AM
Green Mountain Boy wrote:

I wish I could have been there.

I'm at work right now, with WiFi link for the time being, and it is great to hear all the ideas coming.

Keep 'em coming boys!

Also, GMB - PM inbound

t3soro
11-29-2007, 04:38 AM
Please be very careful about this. If someone installed a keylogger on one of those laptops, they could record other people's credit card information.

I agree. I would never use my credit card on a public computer, ESPECIALLY with the possibility of someone looking over my shoulder.

Jagwarr
11-29-2007, 07:25 AM
First a big thanks to everyone involved in getting this event togehter.

The wife and I are going to make the trip up to Boston from NJ and I have a question about this venue as I have never been to it. I have read that it holds about 800 people and I expect there will be many more then 800 attending this rally. Does anyone know how this will be handled? Such as first come, first served or will there be some type of ticket system used to ensure there will not be a mass of people trying to get inside.

If the Philly rally had 5K people then this one may have simular numbers if not more. I know time is short and that Ron Paul supporters are and will be curtious but having thousands of people outside trying to get inside without some type of safe gaurds in place might be a concern. Anyone know more about this venue and how such functions are handled? Thanks

MozoVote
11-29-2007, 07:40 AM
This will be bigger than 800 people. Sounds like they will need to raffle the tickets, or issue tickets for different speakers and times at the hall.

speciallyblend
11-29-2007, 07:43 AM
cow patties ugh,but funny as hell

Anti Federalist
11-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Jagwarr wrote:

First a big thanks to everyone involved in getting this event togehter.

The wife and I are going to make the trip up to Boston from NJ and I have a question about this venue as I have never been to it. I have read that it holds about 800 people and I expect there will be many more then 800 attending this rally. Does anyone know how this will be handled? Such as first come, first served or will there be some type of ticket system used to ensure there will not be a mass of people trying to get inside.

If the Philly rally had 5K people then this one may have simular numbers if not more. I know time is short and that Ron Paul supporters are and will be curtious but having thousands of people outside trying to get inside without some type of safe gaurds in place might be a concern. Anyone know more about this venue and how such functions are handled? Thanks

Check with the Boston MeetUp chapter linked in the OP.

And dress warm :)

Seriously, I can foresee this happening just the way it did in history, hundreds inside, many more outside waiting on word.

FreedomProsperityPeace
11-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Maybe you should give out numbered name tags so you can get an official attendance number and CNN can't call Ron Paul a liar again.

Green Mountain Boy
11-29-2007, 09:03 AM

Those are very legitimate concerns. I will bring them up at our next planning meeting on Monday.

One idea was to have a screen set up outside with a live feed of what is going on inside for those who are unable to get in.

matthylland
11-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Those are very legitimate concerns. I will bring them up at our next planning meeting on Monday.

One idea was to have a screen set up outside with a live feed of what is going on inside for those who are unable to get in.

great idea

smartbandwidth
11-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Great job!!

http://thefreedomfellowship.blogspot.com/2007/11/fanuiel-hall-is-rented-for-boston.html

Has anyone figured out why TeaParty07.com still isn't back up?????

Has anyone contacted Trevor?

rrcamp
11-29-2007, 10:36 AM
BUMP for the "voting booths" with laptops for donations idea

Anti Federalist
11-30-2007, 07:24 AM
Announcing the Boston Tea Party and Freedom Rally!

Posted November 29th, 2007 by Corie Whalen

Hello fellow liberty lovers! It is my pleasure to introduce the latest efforts of Ron Paul supporters in the Boston / New England area.

On December 16th, the 234th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party, we are holding an event both inside and around Faneiul Hall where speakers and supporters come together to remember the efforts of our Founding Fathers, promote freedom, liberty, prosperity and Ron Paul!

We have received confirmation one of the speakers we are featuring will be Rand Paul, the eloquent, well-spoken son of Dr. Paul himself!

Our goal is to introduce Ron Paul to those who have yet to hear his message, celebrate our country's rich history, and educate people on the pressing issues facing our country today through passing out literature (with custom tea bags attached, of course!), engaging them in conversation and inviting them to hear our distinguished speakers.

The day will begin with a massive march of hundreds (if not thousands!) of Ron Paul supporters holding signs and giving invitations to people in the area to our event walking from the Boston Common on the Freedom Trail to Faneuil Hall begining at 1:30.

At 2:15, doors to the event inside of Faneuil Hall will open while tables set up outside will feature Ron Paul literature and tea bags, projectors playing relevant Ron Paul videos and featuring the counter for donations coming in, and floating signs being held up with balloons! Inside, additional freedom tea bags, patriot chocolate and pocket Constitutions will be given to anyone who comes in to hear our speakers.

At this time, speakers are in the process of confirming. I have attempted to contact both Barry Goldwater Jr. and Judge Andrew Napolitano, but to no avail so far. If anyone happens to have connections with either one of these inviduals, don't hesitate to let me know.

Confirmed speakers as of today are Rand Paul, Carla Howell, James Forsythe (Veteran and HQNH Organizer), Hal Shurtleff, and John McManus, Norman Tregenza (Concord NH HQ) and Jacob Hornberger. We are also featuring the local band Tommy and the Midnight Riders who will play a Ron Paul Anthem and offer insightful and amusing antecdotes throughout the event. We will also have a mock "dumping" of things such as inflation and the Patriot Act, telling our government that we the people are sick of it all!

After the speakers finish up and Norman offers a rally cry for freedom and Ron Paul, us supporters will march a short distance from Faneuil Hall to the Old South Meeting House, where the original Patriots convened before the infamous Tea Party. Starting at 4:30, we will do a sign wave and literature handout to people in the area, specifically those who are attending the historical reenactment (unrelated to our event) at the Meeting House.

Also, I spoke to Trevor Lyman who is involved with a project to acquire a campaign.

Also, please consider helping us out by donating for us to purchase pocket Constitutions to pass out at this event.

Thank you, and hope to see everyone there! We already have people who are interested in traveling from as far as Indiana. It's inspiring to see the passion that Ron Paul ignites in patriotic Americans and the length people go to in order to come together and support him. Thank you again to everyone. I believe that we are truly making a difference.

Please check back for updates as speakers confirm and more information becomes available.

If you have further questions about this event, (especially if you can help us advertise) feel free to contact me at 508-308-9008 or CWhalen@gmail.com.

Best wishes,
Corie Whalen

http://dailypaul.com/node/9935

mkrfctr
11-30-2007, 08:28 AM
BUMP for the "voting booths" with laptops for donations idea

This is an idea that would need to be done very carefully in terms of IT - that's a situation very very ripe to attack for data - they would be able to spend as much private time as they need with a computer that they know many people will use to explicitly input their credit card data into for the rest of the day ... that's a prime target for any Joe with a keylogger on a USB drive or any other number of ways to attack the system.

alsis8xmy
11-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Just DONATE BY PHONE at the event
703-248-9115
1-800-RON-PAUL

Have cell phones available. Use the PC's to display the data coming in.

Hopefully they are setup to handle big volume by phone :-)

OV 101 Enterprise
11-30-2007, 08:48 AM
It would present an IT challenge, but it could be accomplished. All USB and CD drives need to be disabled, the computer needs to be logged in as guest, with secure passwords, and we would need to disable access to any outside network except for ronpaul2008.com

It would be even better if we could coordinate with the campaign to set up a VPN connection directly to the server, so there is no connection to the open internet at all.

These are just a few steps that can be taken to secure this donation method. Im sure that there are others as well. Im sure we have a few IT people in the boston area that could help set this up.

LibertyEagle
11-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Also, I spoke to Trevor Lyman who is involved with a project to acquire a campaign.

Huh? What does this mean? :confused:

Anti Federalist
11-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Huh? What does this mean? :confused:

I think he meant a website devoted to this event.

I dunno for sure, ask him.;)

Mental Dribble
12-03-2007, 01:17 AM
147 round trip from Washington DC.... hmmm... to come up or to donate that money... that is the question.

Anti Federalist
12-05-2007, 04:14 AM
Donate first.

(shameless bump)

LibertyEagle
12-05-2007, 06:41 AM
This event sounds absolutely wonderful, Anti Federalist. Thank you for so generously renting this hall. :)

The speakers are great too, even if we are not able to get Barry Goldwater, Jr. or Judge Napolitano. If they do end up attending.... WOW!!!!

Thanks again!

Anti Federalist
03-01-2010, 09:49 PM
shameless good times bump

Nate-ForLiberty
03-01-2010, 09:52 PM
ur so shameless AF!!! ya Fanuiel Hall renting bastard :D

Anti Federalist
03-01-2010, 10:11 PM
ur so shameless AF!!! ya Fanuiel Hall renting bastard :D

Being part of that whole day was one the best things I've ever done.

I'll be happy to do it again in 2011.

Only this time around, I think we might need the Fleet center.

:D

rancher89
03-02-2010, 09:04 AM
I love it! We were just reliving the '08 Boston Tea Party last night at our meetup!

Somehow, someway---we are going to get our butts up there!

Taking the train is an option---hmmmmmm!

Cowlesy
03-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Great, great bump

Anti Federalist
12-15-2011, 04:42 PM
The real start of the political "Tea Party".

4 years ago tomorrow.

We've come a long way.

muzzled dogg
12-16-2011, 12:29 AM
shem was here in this thread

Anti Federalist
12-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Too bad another such event couldn't have been done.

Different time, different campaign.

Onward!

Anti Federalist
04-18-2014, 12:01 AM
Bump, just because.

heavenlyboy34
04-18-2014, 12:34 AM
Bump, just because.
WTF, sailor? :confused:

francisco
04-18-2014, 12:51 AM
Bump, just because.

Those were heady times.

Worth reading all 3 pages of this thread: because that is what spontaneous order and real grassroots action look like.

I hope all that can be captured again, for a different candidate in a different time, but for the same cause--LIBERTY. It would be a glorious thing.

Anti Federalist
11-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Bump, for another thread.

Anti Federalist
11-20-2014, 01:53 PM
And it was at this event that Rand launched his political career.

If I am not mistaken, this was his first major political speech, and certainly the first time I had met him.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/oZYs4cNVKqs/0.jpg

jjdoyle
11-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Here are the video links to Rand speaking at it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCNjzjUABss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCB7PA3ruz8

Anti Federalist
11-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Great day.