PDA

View Full Version : Campaign email: 900 Hours left....

gagnonstudio
11-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Anyone else get the new email from the campaign asking for donations?

November 27, 2007

Our goal - our one and only goal - is to elect Ron Paul president of the United States. But as of this message, time is not on our side.

We have approximately 900 hours until the Iowa caucuses and about 1,000 hours until voters in New Hampshire go to the polls. That's just 900 hours for all of us to do what we can to make sure Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination for president.

Dr. Paul's best opportunity to win the nomination is for him to make a strong showing in the early primary states of New Hampshire, Iowa, Michigan, South Carolina, and Nevada. Appropriately, the most important part of our campaign strategy is an unrelenting blitz of radio and TV ads in these states.

The evidence shows very strongly that consistent, targeted media exposure is the best tool to increase Ron Paul's name recognition. It's no accident that Dr. Paul is surging in early primary states. Recent polls show him at 8% in New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina, and 6% in Iowa. In most cases, this represents a doubling of our poll numbers in just two weeks!

Your grassroots support on the ground, coupled with targeted media is critical to all of these efforts. Because half of "likely voters" still haven't heard of Ron Paul, we have plenty of room to double our poll numbers again. The donations that you make now allow us to continue our current level of intense media in these states uninterrupted.

Remember: We're battling against the likes of Mitt Romney, who is spending close to a million dollars per week on TV ads alone. The more we raise, and the sooner we raise it, the better we can compete.

And now that Michigan's primary also will be held in January, meeting the $12 million mark as soon as possible is more important than ever. This goal represents the minimum amount that we believe is necessary to make a strong run at the nomination. But because of the wealth and connections of the other candidates, none of us should be content with any amount that we raise. After all, we can't be satisfied with merely giving Ron Paul a chance to win the Republican nomination. We have to be determined to give him the absolute best chance possible.

The political elites recognize that Ron Paul is for real, and that he is the only first tier candidate with a message that threatens their power. It's no wonder that Rudy Giuliani, as reported in yesterday's Washington Post, is now on the offensive against Ron Paul.

Everyone involved in any way with this campaign has been making sacrifices that often go unnoticed and unrecognized. The selflessness with which you all donate to and volunteer for Ron Paul is the best sign that what we are doing truly is bigger than any one of us. On behalf of our campaign, I sincerely thank you for everything that you do every single day.

All of us recognize that this political race is not a game. It will prove to be the most important presidential election of our lifetimes.

Help us continue to repeatedly exceed expectations. Make your most generous donation today: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate.

Jonathan Bydlak
Fundraising Director
Ron Paul 2008

constituent
11-27-2007, 09:30 AM
yea. did you manage to read the whole thing?

i didn't.

poor rapport at this point mixed w/ poorly constructed
language...

it's turning into spam and i'm thinking of removing my name
from the mailing list.

between this and the constant meetup and teaparty crap in
my inbox, i feel like i'm about done w/ "online" activism.

hope someone else read the whole thing and chose to donate...

i have no dough anyway, so my opinion is of no consequence.

Wayne Hammond
11-27-2007, 09:32 AM
And now that Michigan's primary also will be held in January, meeting the $12 million mark as soon as possible is more important than ever.

That part almost seems like a tacit endorsement of the Nov. 30th goal, as stated on www.RudysReadingList.com

EDIT: I just received the email also

JoshLowry
11-27-2007, 09:33 AM

i didn't.

language...

from the mailing list.

Cliff notes: It is crunch time. But let is not be said that we did nothing.

jpinkerton
11-27-2007, 09:33 AM
At this point I wonder if it isn't just a weekly E-mail he's sending out just to spur some donations. Last week, wasn't it on Tuesday, that we got an E-mail like this?

1town
11-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Stop nagging, Bydlak, you will get your money on friday, and you will get a nuke on the 16th. Just smile and say thank you.

steph3n
11-27-2007, 09:36 AM
At this point I wonder if it isn't just a weekly E-mail he's sending out just to spur some donations. Last week, wasn't it on Tuesday, that we got an E-mail like this?

Yep it is just a weekly mail, I am getting a lot less from RP than some other candidates where I signed up for updates but not because I donated.

I got some interesting ones from fred about romney :D they are using their mail lists for negative news spreading.

cameronb
11-27-2007, 09:37 AM
In my opinion he's just doing what needs to be done (continuing to ask for donations).

I still believe that if we win, we win through grassroots action - word of mouth... handing out slim-jims, politely engaging fellow citizens...
but that being said, it makes sense that they need the money asap to be able to run the radio and tv spots.

Wayne Hammond
11-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Stop nagging, Bydlak, you will get your money on friday, and you will get a nuke on the 16th. Just smile and say thank you.

Well, there will always be people who think they aren't sending out enough emails, and others thinking that it's too much.

That's why God created spam filters. ;)

robert4rp08
11-27-2007, 09:38 AM
man you're fast!

shadowhooch
11-27-2007, 09:39 AM
After all, we can't be satisfied with merely giving Ron Paul a chance to win the Republican nomination. We have to be determined to give him the absolute best chance possible.

QFT.....

This is the main goal for us all, isn't it?

Please stop the arguing and hatin' on the campaign and donation dates. They aren't trying to "screw" people's efforts. They are just stating facts. If you want to wait to donate, fine. If you want to donate now, fine.
Just cut the crap and let's each do our best to get Ron Paul elected. It would be a tragedy if we were to fail to get Ron elected because of our bickering.

Menthol Patch
This guy is telling us the truth. The campaign needs money and they need it NOW!

We need to go all out and support the Nov. 30 money bomb!

kylejack
This email was much better and far more conciliatory than the last one. The last one was pretty confrontational.

user
11-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Wasn't the WaPo story a prediction? Or am I wrong?

davidhperry
11-27-2007, 09:40 AM
In my opinion he's just doing what needs to be done (continuing to ask for donations).

I still believe that if we win, we win through grassroots action - word of mouth... handing out slim-jims, politely engaging fellow citizens...
but that being said, it makes sense that they need the money asap to be able to run the radio and tv spots.

Exactly, let's not fault the guy for doing his job. :)

constituent
11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Well, there will always be people who think they aren't sending out enough emails, and others thinking that it's too much.

That's why God created spam filters. ;)

if i set the address as "spam" it e-mails a notification to the feds...

ridiculous.

is there a way around this?

Menthol Patch
QFT.....

This is the main goal for us all, isn't it?

Please stop the arguing and hatin' on the campaign and donation dates. They aren't trying to "screw" people's efforts. They are just stating facts. If you want to wait to donate, fine. If you want to donate now, fine.
Just cut the crap and let's each do our best to get Ron Paul elected. It would be a tragedy if we were to fail to get Ron elected because of our bickering.

Exactly! They are just stating facts. But they are stating facts people don't want to hear!

The fact is LIKE IT OR NOT if we want Ron Paul to WIN the campaign needs more money NOW!

bp2519
I liked this email. To those of you complaining of spam: GROW UP! Do you not agree with the message that this is the most important election of our lifetimes? I wish there was an email every day if it helped them get an extra penny in donations.

LFOD
11-27-2007, 09:44 AM
I don't fault him for doing his job, but holding out the donation cup to every prior donor on a weekly basis is going to get old FAST.

He clearly knows there is money left out there waiting for the 16th, and he's trying his darndest to get it now.

Wayne Hammond
11-27-2007, 09:45 AM
if i set the address as "spam" it e-mails a notification to the feds...

ridiculous.

is there a way around this?

If your email client sends a notification to the Feds when you mark messages as "spam", you need to get a new email client. :)

terlinguatx

jonahtrainer

I agree. We need more effective advertising with a higher Voter Return on Investment. TV and radio just are not very effective as advertising mediums. I still maintain that corroplast signs placed by individuals have the highest untargetted VROI and a DVD handed to a friend has the highest targetted VROI for their mediums.

Why the campaign hasn't put together a DVD of Ron Paul on the issues baffles me. On the good side, RonPaulDVD.com has shipped out over 40,000 DVDs. I got several ISOs from their torrent seed. Sure, many people will read his website but most have short attention spans. But, as all politics is local, if they could pop in a DVD a friend gives them with a strong endorsement from someone they trust and people listen to him for 6 minutes .... game over.

jake
11-27-2007, 09:46 AM
...between this and the constant meetup and teaparty crap in

:D throw away your freedom for a couple of annoying e-mails.. this must be a joke :eek:

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Bydlak is freaking too much about the drop in donations on any given day, man have faith in the grassroots. We operate in surges. Start spending the money nationally and attracting new donors if you're worried about too many $30,000 days. Days like Nov. 30 and Dec. 16th will make up for them and then some.

He is not freaking out.

HE IS DOING HIS JOB!

It is HIS JOB to encourage us to donate and to tell us why we need to donate and for what reasons!

If you read the letter he did not DEMAND anything. He just made it clear they need a LOT of new donations ASAP!

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 09:47 AM
I think the email was appropriate, it's only been two emails, which is not a lot, but a lot more than ususal which to me says this is a serious issue.

People say they are waiting for Paul himself to ask for money, but that's not Paul, even when he needs it he is not one to personally outcry for help. This is why you have a campaign staff.

So this friday, I will oblige.

constituent
11-27-2007, 09:48 AM
:D throw away your freedom for a couple of annoying e-mails.. this must be a joke :eek:

what does stating the obvious about the situation have to do w/ throwing away my freedoms?

i nominate you for the most ignorant, least thought out post of the day :D

ursamajor
11-27-2007, 09:49 AM
What Washington Post article are they referring to?

constituent
11-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Relax with the spam, the emails will be more effective is sent out intermittently.

slight change: "the emails will be effective if sent sent out intermittently."

unless they're trying to actually take the call-center "bug you to death until
you do it" model of fundraising too seriously.

the world is about compromise.

Menthol Patch
I think the email was appropriate, it's only been two emails, which is not a lot, but a lot more than ususal which to me says this is a serious issue.

People say they are waiting for Paul himself to ask for money, but that's not Paul, even when he needs it he is not one to personally outcry for help. This is why you have a campaign staff.

So this friday, I will oblige.

The email was absolutely appropriate.

It is also appropriate for Ron Paul to ask for money. He has already done so more than once.

The campaign NEEDS to be asking us for money! You can be sure EVERY OTHER campaign is asking for money!

It is vitally important that we LISTEN and raise the entire 12 million dollars on Nov. 31st!

kylejack
Keep in mind that there are people out there on Ron's list who know nothing about the tea party, believe it or not. An email like this is good for getting their money in the bag while we're waiting for the tea party to hit. He's just doing his job, and frequent fundraising emails is part of a winning campaign.

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Keep in mind that there are people out there on Ron's list who know nothing about the tea party, believe it or not. An email like this is good for getting their money in the bag while we're waiting for the tea party to hit. He's just doing his job, and frequent fundraising emails is part of a winning campaign.

For once I agree with you 100%.

KewlRonduderules
11-27-2007, 09:52 AM

i didn't.

language...

from the mailing list.

Gee, your post sounds so negative. What's up with that?

It was perfectly legitimate and well intended. I found it to be a very good email and I think most would agree with me.

Now of course, you will have operatives from other campaigns come in here and argue how bad the emails were. Heads up people. :) And not saying you are one, constituent. ;)

Eleanor
11-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Exactly! They are just stating facts. But they are stating facts people don't want to hear!

The fact is LIKE IT OR NOT if we want Ron Paul to WIN the campaign needs more money NOW!

I liked this email. To those of you complaining of spam: GROW UP! Do you not agree with the message that this is the most important election of our lifetimes? I wish there was an email every day if it helped them get an extra penny in donations.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

I hope people listen to what the campaign is saying and make Friday BIG so they can get the money they need.

It would be a shame if Ron Paul lost the primaries because
1) we did not provide him enough funds to counteract Romney's nearly $1 million a week ad buy, and
2) we were so focused on a splashy event that we couldn't see the big picture - get Ron Paul elected!

Wayne Hammond
11-27-2007, 09:53 AM
unless they're trying to actually take the call-center "bug you to death until you do it" model of fundraising too seriously.

I thought you said you were done with online activism? Still posting away, I see. ;) :D

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

I hope people listen to what the campaign is saying and make Friday BIG so they can get the money they need.

It would be a shame if Ron Paul lost the primaries because
1) we did not provide him enough funds to counteract Romney's nearly $1 million a week ad buy, and
2) we were so focused on a splashy event that we couldn't see the big picture - get Ron Paul elected!

AMEN!

I totally agree. I think people are too focused on Dec. 16th and need to be more focused on the Nov. 30th money bomb. It will give Ron Paul money that he can spend on the early primaries.

amonasro
11-27-2007, 09:55 AM
I would like to see another note from Dr Paul himself. I know he is busy, but they always inspire me and give me hope since Jonathon's letters always seem to bring frustration.

constituent
11-27-2007, 09:56 AM
I thought you said you were done with online activism? Still posting away, I see. ;) :D

Thanks for staying in the fight. :)

yea, i have a headache this morning... it's got me in a bad mood.

i put on some punk rock, took some pills and am starting to feel better.

sorry bydlak for the harshness... i'll be back to my normal positive
self once the drugs take hold :D

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Gee, your post sounds so negative. What's up with that?

It was perfectly legitimate and well intended. I found it to be a very good email and I think most would agree with me.

Now of course, you will have operatives from other campaigns come in here and argue how bad the emails were. Heads up people. :) And not saying you are one, constituent. ;)

I'm also tired of the negative remarks about fundraising letters.

I'm glad that he is telling us the TRUTH that if we want Ron Paul to WIN that we need to start donating like crazy.

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Look at Ron Paul Graphs folks! The donations are going strait up! This is cool!

Wayne Hammond
11-27-2007, 09:59 AM
yea, i have a headache this morning... it's got me in a bad mood.
i put on some punk rock, took some pills and am starting to feel better.

sorry bydlak for the harshness... i'll be back to my normal positive
self once the drugs take hold :D

Yeah, punk rock and drugs, that oughta help. :eek:

Can't wait to see your posts after those take effect. ;)

jake
11-27-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm glad that he is telling us the TRUTH that if we want Ron Paul to WIN that we need to start donating like crazy.

damn right. theres too much at stake here. Not to mention, even if the campaign was bringing in 1 million dollars a day, these e-mails would STILL be going out. It is Bydlak's job to promote fund raising :)

constituent
11-27-2007, 10:00 AM
oughta

i like your spelling of oughta better than mine...

consider it "stolen" :)

Mark Rushmore
11-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Keep in mind that there are people out there on Ron's list who know nothing about the tea party, believe it or not.

That's the key point. There's no reason for the grassroots or anyone pumped up about the 30th (if anyone is?) and the 16th to take these e-mails personally. We can for the most part ignore them and go about our business. Lots of people have been sent to ronpaul2008.com through flyers or sign-waves or word of mouth. There's no telling how many interested yet inactive people might be on the list - and if no official campaign e-mail gets sent, then they are totally out of the loop. The problem with the last Bydlak communique was the tone.

constituent
11-27-2007, 10:05 AM
The problem with the last Bydlak communique was the tone.

Now, when you're raising funds one must keep in mind that the tone for the next letter is set by the last.

one word:

rapport (and no, i'm not talking about Colbert).

Fyretrohl
11-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Where are the daily donation graphs again?

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Look at Ron Paul Graphs. The donations are going up fast! Lets keep the spike going! I think we could raise 250K today!

constituent
11-27-2007, 10:08 AM
can someone pop together some kinda promo graphic for today?

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 10:09 AM

Take a look at this! Lets donate and keep the spike going!

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/yesterday_vs_today_line.png

constituent
^can't argue w/ that.

Menthol Patch
can someone pop together some kinda promo graphic for today?

I second the request!

DrNoZone
11-27-2007, 10:10 AM
I support EVERY ONE of the campaigns emails for funds. I hope they send them out regularly. I love the grassroots efforts, don't get me wrong, but it can't hurt one bit that the campaign is also asking for donations on a regular basis.

Fyretrohl
11-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Wonder how many campaigns can get that kind of response. But, it should also indicate there a LARGE number of people on RP's email list that are NOT on the Netroots portion of the grassroots.

Fyretrohl
11-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Looks like, to my eyes, the email elicited a 20k spike in less than 60 minutes. That looks effective in small terms to me.

Mark Rushmore
11-27-2007, 10:14 AM
one word:

rapport (and no, i'm not talking about Colbert).

Oh I most absolutely agree. It's hard to estimate just how many people might have been temporarily (I hope) put off from their efforts just by the style of the last one. I tend to think that a robotic mailer, that simply sends out a weekly request for funds based on a form, would manage more rapport and less offense than this Fundraising Director. Nonetheless, I don't think we should mind the idea of fundraising e-mails per se.

reduen
11-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Oh I most absolutely agree. It's hard to estimate just how many people might have been temporarily (I hope) put off from their efforts just by the style of the last one. I tend to think that a robotic mailer, that simply sends out a weekly request for funds based on a form, would manage more rapport and less offense than this Fundraising Director. Nonetheless, I don't think we should mind the idea of fundraising e-mails per se.

+3

Fyretrohl
11-27-2007, 10:16 AM
You know, the rapport bit might be a valid point. Rather than general 'calling' for money, how about specific goals with a specific target in them? IE: We are prepping for a new set of ads that will run us XXX in IA and NH. We need to get this money in by XX/XX. Please send what you can to help us reach this.

Then, put up a 'second' ticker to show the period of time they are talking and the donations from that period. Still include the overall ticker, but, like the broadcast tower before.

RedStripe
11-27-2007, 10:18 AM
I don't like seeing people bash Bydlak or whatever his name is. The people running the official campaign are doing just that - running an official campaign. That is their job, that is what they are trained to do, they know better about how to run the official campaign than most of us, I would presume.

We are the grassroots, and they are the official campaign. We absolutely must work together to do whatever we can to get Ron Paul elected. They wouldn't ask for money unless they really needed it, which obviously they do. If you want to donate now, do it. Want to save for the 30th or 16th? It's up to you to decide. I, for one, appreciate frequent communication from the official campaign, and if this email gets them more donations today I view that as a good thing.

There's no point criticizing the official campaign strategy, because they aren't going to change their tactics because someone complains on a message board. We are all better off focusing our time and energy on getting Ron Paul elected, period.

ShowMeLiberty
11-27-2007, 10:19 AM
900 hours? 900 HOURS! OMG - that sounds like so little time it's scaring me. Besides donating money I think we all need to start a major "spike" our canvassing time. We must be the cure for the MSM disease and the treatment must be aggressive (in a good way).

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 10:22 AM
I've started a thread. Lets make today a fantastic fundraising day!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=42101

LFOD
11-27-2007, 10:22 AM
You know, the rapport bit might be a valid point. Rather than general 'calling' for money, how about specific goals with a specific target in them? IE: We are prepping for a new set of ads that will run us XXX in IA and NH. We need to get this money in by XX/XX. Please send what you can to help us reach this.

Then, put up a 'second' ticker to show the period of time they are talking and the donations from that period. Still include the overall ticker, but, like the broadcast tower before.

That would be a much better approach, in my opinion.

Ninja Homer
11-27-2007, 10:25 AM
The spike in the graph brings a couple questions to my mind.

1. How many people are on the official campaign's email list that don't know about rudysreadinglist.com or teaparty07.com?

2. Would the campaign get in trouble with the FEC for sending an email to their list that said something like, "look at what these supporters are doing at rudysreadinglist.com and teaparty07.com"?

me3
11-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Looks like, to my eyes, the email elicited a 20k spike in less than 60 minutes. That looks effective in small terms to me.
Particularly considering that $40k days have been the norm lately.

We really need to pick up the pace. Dec 16th is a long way off, and we have a lot of time to make that a success.

constituent
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM

yes! get people excited and riled up (in a good way)!!!!

official campaign or not, that should be the focus b/c that's what works...

please see menthol patches thread....

and if anyone can knock out some kinda graphic to promote today that would rock!

LBT
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
This one is prettier:
http://paulcash.slact.net/

me3
11-27-2007, 10:29 AM
2. Would the campaign get in trouble with the FEC for sending an email to their list that said something like, "look at what these supporters are doing at rudysreadinglist.com and teaparty07.com"?
I don't think they can do that.

The spike in the graph brings a couple questions to my mind.

1. How many people are on the official campaign's email list that don't know about rudysreadinglist.com or teaparty07.com?
And that's a big reason for these emails. Sometimes I get the impression that people on this forum think they are the entire supporter base. Not true obviously. There are a lot of people who were new donors on 11/5, as well as all of the people that Dr. Mercola and others have directed to RP2008. Those people need to be reached as well and our online campaigning might not get those people soon enough.

Remember, every bit of advertisement the campaign does, raises Dr. Paul's polling #s and increases the donation base. We want them to keep advertising and spending aggressively.

akovacs
11-27-2007, 10:29 AM

That's a very good question. I'm going to bet 'no' because all the site effectively says is "Donate on these days" and nothing else.

bolidew
11-27-2007, 10:30 AM
HQ sent out the email for real reason. They need money, today, NOW. If you plan to donate on 30th, donate the money NOW!

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Please support today's Spontaneous Money Burst (250K in a day) for Ron Paul!

sirachman
11-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Donate now!

Lets see those confirmation codes!! =D
(((im maxed :( )))

Primbs
11-27-2007, 10:41 AM
I am glad they are sending email. I wish they would send a video email with Ron Paul talking about the campaign and then video emails with Ron Paul asking for donations.

We are the cutting edge internet campaign, so we should use some of the newer more effective technologies.

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Donate now!

Lets see those confirmation codes!! =D
(((im maxed :( )))

I agree. We all need to be donating! We need to keep the spike going!

constituent
11-27-2007, 10:49 AM
I am glad they are sending email. I wish they would send a video email with Ron Paul talking about the campaign and then video emails with Ron Paul asking for donations.

We are the cutting edge internet campaign, so we should use some of the newer more effective technologies.

and that's exactly the heart of the problem. a failure to embrace and exploit this new reality at times like these...

they could have come up w/ something catchy, a couple little graphics, set a goal for today's number, etc.... and the letter could have been half as long..

letter, not a lecture.

sink or swim will be determined by their ability to adapt to, and properly use our pre-assembled noise-machine.
it is highly frustrating every time they fail to do so.

user
11-27-2007, 11:04 AM
When you said "video email" I thought of Hillary's campaign launch video. "Let's chat!" Can you imagine Ron Paul saying, "Let's chat!"? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

amistybleu
11-27-2007, 11:06 AM
I dont get it, If you can give now then do it as it only helps the mass advertise more in the early primary states. When you fight a battle you do what is necessary to win.

I don't understand the complaining about the letter, none of you are running the canpaign and have no idea what the immediate needs are.

GIVE TODAY or the 30th if you can.

constituent
11-27-2007, 11:08 AM
I dont get it, If you can give now then do it as it only helps the mass advertise more in the early primary states. When you fight a battle you do what is necessary to win.

I don't understand the complaining about the letter, none of you are running the canpaign and have no idea what the immediate needs are.

GIVE TODAY or the 30th if you can.

i don't get it.

no one was arguing that people shouldn't donate.

not sure where you got that idea.

constituent
11-27-2007, 11:11 AM
http://paulcash.slact.net/today-paulflow.png

see the boost then drop in number of donors per hour?

that's the problem and it has everything to do w/ approach/coordination/planning/execution.

this should be picking up steam, not tapering off.

kylejack
11-27-2007, 11:13 AM
and that's exactly the heart of the problem. a failure to embrace and exploit this new reality at times like these...

they could have come up w/ something catchy, a couple little graphics, set a goal for today's number, etc.... and the letter could have been half as long..

letter, not a lecture.

sink or swim will be determined by their ability to adapt to, and properly use our pre-assembled noise-machine.
it is highly frustrating every time they fail to do so.

Eh, I think it was fine, a marked improvement from the last e-mail.

klamath
11-27-2007, 11:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you guys know anything about a management team such as a campaign headquarters this is the likely scene at the HQ on the 1st October.

Campaign manager to finance manager: "How much do you realistically think we can raise the next quarter?"
Finance Manager: "We might, just might be able to raise 12 million."
Campaign Manager: "Alright then this is what we will be able to advertize before the early primaries. We need a lot more money to be competative but we will do what we can do and hope we can win."

The middle of November and another meeting.
Campaign manager: "We are not moving up in the polls fast enought to win in NH and the other states before time runs out." He turns to the Finance Manager. "Can we raise more money?"
Finance Manager: "Well after the money bomb and now the Dec 16 thing I think there is a lot more money out there than I thought."
Campaign Manager: "Well raise it now! We are not going to win if we don't hammer NH all of December with ads. All the money in the world is not going to help us if it comes in too late to be used in the early primaries and we lose them. We hoped we could pull it off with with 12 million but we are not! Romney has a double digit lead and people are still asking "who's Ron Paul".

austin356
11-27-2007, 11:26 AM
this should be picking up steam, not tapering off.

no it shouldn't

In this case people are donating when they check their email. As time goes by people have already checked their email and have thus either decided to donate or not to donate.

Its stupid to think a rate of donating in the afternoon would be higher than the morning for a fundraising email sent out in the morning.

jrcasey
11-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Everyone involved in any way with this campaign has been making sacrifices that often go unnoticed and unrecognized. The selflessness with which you all donate to and volunteer for Ron Paul is the best sign that what we are doing truly is bigger than any one of us.

I would just like to say that I support and donate time and money to the Ron Paul campaign for very selfish reasons. I want a free country. I am wondering how many other people were insulted when Jonathan called them selfless?

Ron Paul News
11-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I do not believe that the campaign (Jonathan) is at all panicking, but I do think that they are perhaps not being as realistic as they may think that they are being.

1) An analysis of http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/ reveals that the previous recent appeal to speed up the fundraising (i.e. not wait to donate) was moderately successful at best. Jonathan should have, I think, realized that before sending this second dose (although he does make some good points about the competition etc. that some might not be aware of).

2. The bigger danger, I think, is that Ron Paul supporters could get upset. Just look at the posts on this forums in which those emails from the campaign were discussed. The first one, especially, by those heavily invested in the Dec. 16 event, drew some strong responses. I personally do not believe that the Ron Paul campaign is showing enough faith, or being sensitive enough, to the basically undirected grassroots effort that has taken him this far (from basic obscurity and some ridicule to being a viable and rising prospect). Anyone that is done to lessen the enthusiasm of his supporters that have brought him that far is short-sighted.

Poor strategy, in my view. The campaign, although it has the birds-eye big picture view, cannot be smarter than the "wisdom of the crowds" When something is working, why tamper with it.

kylejack
11-27-2007, 11:39 AM
I would just like to say that I support and donate time and money to the Ron Paul campaign for very selfish reasons. I want a free country. I am wondering how many other people were insulted when Jonathan called them selfless?
They hired him from a hedge fund, so I don't really expect him to be a True Believer. I doubt he's read any Ayn Rand.

That's okay, because he's very good at what he does.

kotetu
11-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Aaron,

Thank you very much for your donation of $50.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T138162-103712873

Benaiah
11-27-2007, 11:44 AM
I had no problem with this email. I didn't like the previous email because he said "don't wait a month to send us money, send it now."
We all know what that means.

jrcasey
11-27-2007, 11:45 AM
They hired him from a hedge fund, so I don't really expect him to be a True Believer. I doubt he's read any Ayn Rand.

I've been bombarded with all this talk of selflessness recently, and it's really beginning to irk me.

But other than that one section, the rest of the email was superb :D

Eleanor
11-27-2007, 12:16 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you guys know anything about a management team such as a campaign headquarters this is the likely scene at the HQ on the 1st October.

Campaign manager to finance manager: "How much do you realistically think we can raise the next quarter?"
Finance Manager: "We might, just might be able to raise 12 million."
Campaign Manager: "Alright then this is what we will be able to advertize before the early primaries. We need a lot more money to be competative but we will do what we can do and hope we can win."

The middle of November and another meeting.
Campaign manager: "We are not moving up in the polls fast enought to win in NH and the other states before time runs out." He turns to the Finance Manager. "Can we raise more money?"
Finance Manager: "Well after the money bomb and now the Dec 16 thing I think there is a lot more money out there than I thought."
Campaign Manager: "Well raise it now! We are not going to win if we don't hammer NH all of December with ads. All the money in the world is not going to help us if it comes in too late to be used in the early primaries and we lose them. We hoped we could pull it off with with 12 million but we are not! Romney has a double digit lead and people are still asking "who's Ron Paul".

That's a very creative way to look at it and it sounds very plausible to me. Thanks for your insight.

me3
11-27-2007, 12:20 PM
You're kiding right? You're insulted by being complemented for your noble sacrifice and commitment?

I guess it is true, you can please some of the people all of the time.

user
11-27-2007, 12:46 PM
You're kiding right? You're insulted by being complemented for your noble sacrifice and commitment?

I guess it is true, you can please some of the people all of the time.
If you've read Rand you can see why it's possible for someone to be insulted, but yes I think he was joking.

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 02:47 PM
If you want to help the campaign have a great fundraising day please support the Spontaneous Money Burst!

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 04:05 PM
I urge anyone who has not done so already to read the letter from the campaign!

dante
11-27-2007, 04:34 PM

He was heading up a Ron Paul meetup group before going to the campaign... so I would expect him to be a believer not a hired gun

kylejack
11-27-2007, 04:40 PM
He was heading up a Ron Paul meetup group before going to the campaign... so I would expect him to be a believer not a hired gun

Hm, interesting. I did not know this. Regardless, not all Ron Paul supporters come to him through rational self-interest.

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 05:11 PM
bump

constituent
11-27-2007, 05:13 PM
no it shouldn't

In this case people are donating when they check their email. As time goes by people have already checked their email and have thus either decided to donate or not to donate.

Its stupid to think a rate of donating in the afternoon would be higher than the morning for a fundraising email sent out in the morning.

the point is to build off of it. to build excitement, to market the fundraising e-mails the way we market our money bombs.

this would not be hard (and to not is lazy at best, utterly lacking in creativity at least). there are thousands, if not millions of people out
there waiting to jump at the first command from hq.

either they learn to play off of that or they don't. the ball is really in their court, but it is going to be awfully damn disappointing if they don't.

reaver
11-27-2007, 05:14 PM

i didn't.

language...

from the mailing list.

wow. I thought i would have been the only one.

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 05:22 PM
I think the letter from the campaign needs to be posted again.

November 27, 2007

Our goal - our one and only goal - is to elect Ron Paul president of the United States. But as of this message, time is not on our side.

We have approximately 900 hours until the Iowa caucuses and about 1,000 hours until voters in New Hampshire go to the polls. That's just 900 hours for all of us to do what we can to make sure Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination for president.

Dr. Paul's best opportunity to win the nomination is for him to make a strong showing in the early primary states of New Hampshire, Iowa, Michigan, South Carolina, and Nevada. Appropriately, the most important part of our campaign strategy is an unrelenting blitz of radio and TV ads in these states.

The evidence shows very strongly that consistent, targeted media exposure is the best tool to increase Ron Paul's name recognition. It's no accident that Dr. Paul is surging in early primary states. Recent polls show him at 8% in New Hampshire, Nevada, and South Carolina, and 6% in Iowa. In most cases, this represents a doubling of our poll numbers in just two weeks!

Your grassroots support on the ground, coupled with targeted media is critical to all of these efforts. Because half of "likely voters" still haven't heard of Ron Paul, we have plenty of room to double our poll numbers again. The donations that you make now allow us to continue our current level of intense media in these states uninterrupted.

Remember: We're battling against the likes of Mitt Romney, who is spending close to a million dollars per week on TV ads alone. The more we raise, and the sooner we raise it, the better we can compete.

And now that Michigan's primary also will be held in January, meeting the $12 million mark as soon as possible is more important than ever. This goal represents the minimum amount that we believe is necessary to make a strong run at the nomination. But because of the wealth and connections of the other candidates, none of us should be content with any amount that we raise. After all, we can't be satisfied with merely giving Ron Paul a chance to win the Republican nomination. We have to be determined to give him the absolute best chance possible.

The political elites recognize that Ron Paul is for real, and that he is the only first tier candidate with a message that threatens their power. It's no wonder that Rudy Giuliani, as reported in yesterday's Washington Post, is now on the offensive against Ron Paul.

Everyone involved in any way with this campaign has been making sacrifices that often go unnoticed and unrecognized. The selflessness with which you all donate to and volunteer for Ron Paul is the best sign that what we are doing truly is bigger than any one of us. On behalf of our campaign, I sincerely thank you for everything that you do every single day.

All of us recognize that this political race is not a game. It will prove to be the most important presidential election of our lifetimes.

Help us continue to repeatedly exceed expectations. Make your most generous donation today: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate.

Jonathan Bydlak
Fundraising Director
Ron Paul 2008