PDA

View Full Version : Great convo I had converting a statist! (a pic of the dialogue)

AlexAmore
07-10-2013, 01:50 AM
My friend posted that awesome checkpoint video compilation many of you have probably seen. He's quite a conservative but learning a lot about libertarian values. He's still against open borders because of jobs, but I think I'm getting through to him slowly.

One of his friends responded and I could tell she was quite a liberal by what she said coupled with her profile pic. So I decided to learn her some liberty. I knew I needed to speak her liberal language to get through to her without turning off all the conservatives that were gonna see this. Tough, but not impossible. Watch the incredible 180 she made from her 2nd post WARNING: Reading her second post may induce sudden impulses to kill yourself! You've been warned.

http://i.imgur.com/rnaJhZp.png
She "liked" my last reply there.

Mani
07-10-2013, 02:06 AM
HAHAHAHA. White Guilt Complex by the Liberal...HAHAHAHA. She turned around fast when you hit her with that, stopped her in her tracks, she tripped over herself. HAHAHAHHA.

But that being said, the points made were excellent. Good stuff.

QuickZ06
07-10-2013, 04:17 AM
Great job! Keep it up and educate them all!

luctor-et-emergo
07-10-2013, 04:20 AM
Well done ! Good arguing and a good lesson in why you need to change your argument to fit the person you're talking to!

otherone
07-10-2013, 05:26 AM
Excellent!
(although I completely forgot about your warning about her second post)

Tod
07-10-2013, 06:00 AM
Very smart approach with her!

Icymudpuppy
07-10-2013, 08:05 AM
I can't see the conversation...

ClydeCoulter
07-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Thank you, Alex, for taking the time and patience with the poster to discuss the issues.

Taking the time and a good attitude (treating others like yourself, how you would want to be approached) can make a lot of difference. If the other person is an object of ridicule then only self satisfaction can be gained. If the other person is a human with a mind and heart, some understanding might be reached.

Again, thanks Alex for taking a good approach.

aGameOfThrones
07-10-2013, 11:11 AM
And those are inland checkpoints nowhere near the border using multipurpose dogs(drug/human) which is illegal.

dannno
07-10-2013, 11:19 AM
What are we looking at?

Christian Liberty
07-10-2013, 11:53 AM
good job. personally I have an easier time talking to the right than the left, because my reasons for supporting liberty generally stem from the same smaller government ideology that conservatives claim to share, just taken further. Liberals, by contrast, really don't have the same values as me so I have a tougher time with them.

dannno
07-10-2013, 11:58 AM
What are we looking at?

NM, I see it now.. good job