PDA

View Full Version : Bill O'Reilly: It should be illegal to tell a gay person "you are going to hell"

ObiRandKenobi
07-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Uhhh I don't know. I feel like when you go down that road, why not the same for calling someone fat? Or bald? Or short?

Or is it just Hollywood-approved minorities?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV-f7eii_Qc

MP (http://www.mofopolitics.com/2013/07/09/bill-oreilly-it-should-be-illegal-to-tell-a-gay-person-you-are-going-to-hell/)

brushfire
07-09-2013, 09:56 PM
It should be illegal to say, "it should be illegal".

Sola_Fide
07-09-2013, 09:57 PM
What an authoritarian idiot.

MRoCkEd
07-09-2013, 09:57 PM
I have a feeling this whole "gay rights movement" has very little to do with increasing freedom. In fact, the opposite seems to be true...

KEEF
07-09-2013, 09:58 PM
My God when will people stop watching the Factor? I cannot stand O'Reilly.

Brian4Liberty
07-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Ever since O'Reilly's sexual harassment scandal, he has been such a good little doggy.

Brian4Liberty
07-09-2013, 10:00 PM
I have a feeling this whole "gay rights movement" has very little to do with increasing freedom. In fact, the opposite seems to be true...

Off to the re-education camps for you...

Antischism
07-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Bill O'Reilly says stupid shit, water is wet. Shock and awe.

JK/SEA
07-09-2013, 11:16 PM
he's speaking in simpleton language for all the sheep.

surf
07-09-2013, 11:19 PM
i'm pretty sure it's legal to tell Bill O to go to hell.

go to hell, bill.

Varin
07-09-2013, 11:49 PM
It almost was in Sweden, went all the way to the supreme court. They only acquitted in light of our obligations to the European convention on human rights and the case law of the European court.

heavenlyboy34
07-10-2013, 12:10 AM
My God when will people stop watching the Factor? I cannot stand O'Reilly.
I honestly don't understand the appeal of his show. He contributes nothing to any subject but blather. My dad loves the show. :(

Deborah K
07-10-2013, 12:15 AM
douche de jour

DamianTV
07-10-2013, 01:36 AM

Dead on! +Rep

Anything that can be used as a restriction on the people when called out for by a small group of opressed usually results in fewer and fewer rights for everyone. It wont be long until speaking out against ANY form of Govt restrictions will be veiwed as either Hate Crime or Terrorist acts. And thats when the greatest numbers of people will start dying, at the hands of the Govt that promises "Security".

QuickZ06
07-10-2013, 03:25 AM

What gets me is, don't they realize the government already took all our rights. Their is no more Bill of Rights. How about we all just come together and get all our rights back then everyone can go back to living there life the way they want to, without government intervention.

enhanced_deficit
07-10-2013, 03:28 AM
douche de jour

You are being easy on this guy.. but still it is good title for him.

Working Poor
07-10-2013, 04:25 AM
Didn't the Nazis give gays new rights and then turn on them kinda like what we did with the CRA and then the gov turned on minorities with the drug war after cra took a chunk out of private property rights.

kathy88
07-10-2013, 04:47 AM
douche de jour
Perfect.

AlexAmore
07-10-2013, 05:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzUYu434_Kc

Christian Liberty
07-10-2013, 11:47 AM
It should be illegal to say, "it should be illegal".

You're under arrest, sir...

What an authoritarian idiot.

Indeed.

Smart3
07-10-2013, 12:01 PM
If we made it illegal to share the Gospel that would really hurt Atheism. I can't more strongly condemn these remarks.

Everyone needs to read the Bible, no exceptions.

Occam's Banana
07-10-2013, 12:34 PM
douche de jour

douche de 24/7/365

dannno
07-10-2013, 12:48 PM
I don't think it should be illegal, but the people saying it will probably end up in hell for being so damn judgmental..

jmdrake
07-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Bill O'Reilly says stupid shit, water is wet. Shock and awe.

Yeah. But I'm used to hearing him say garbage that at least pretends to be conservative. Forward this to Fox worshiping dweeb you know. At the end of the day, it will be the libertarian, not the neocon, that will stand up for the rights of the social conservative.

belian78
07-10-2013, 01:04 PM
What gets me is, don't they realize the government already took all our rights. Their is no more Bill of Rights. How about we all just come together and get all our rights back then everyone can go back to living there life the way they want to, without government intervention.

30-40 years ago we may have been able to get this train back on track, but at this point with the wedge issues stuck firmly up most of Boobus' asses, unfortunately I think we're going to have to wait for the collapse and build towards that mindset as we pick up the pieces.

Antischism
07-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Yeah. But I'm used to hearing him say garbage that at least pretends to be conservative. Forward this to Fox worshiping dweeb you know. At the end of the day, it will be the libertarian, not the neocon, that will stand up for the rights of the social conservative.

Garbage is garbage, man. Doesn't matter what it pretends to be. I don't have a problem with homosexuality nor am I even against their right to marriage if the government isn't going to get out of it completely (which is ideal). It's just a stupid statement, no matter what. We have bigger problems at hand like endless wars and intervention which are really harming people, to focus on. If we banned people from making asinine remarks, the entire country would be a literal prison.

asurfaholic
07-10-2013, 01:27 PM
If we made it illegal to share the Gospel that would really hurt Atheism. I can't more strongly condemn these remarks.

Everyone needs to read the Bible, no exceptions.

Anyone who tells somebody else that they are going to hell is doing anything BUT sharing the gospel.

I agree, people should read the bible, cause then they won't be as judge mental.

ObiRandKenobi
07-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Dead on! +Rep

Anything that can be used as a restriction on the people when called out for by a small group of opressed usually results in fewer and fewer rights for everyone. It wont be long until speaking out against ANY form of Govt restrictions will be veiwed as either Hate Crime or Terrorist acts. And thats when the greatest numbers of people will start dying, at the hands of the Govt that promises "Security".

Aside from that, it's the inconsistency with which these laws or proposed laws are applied. Some minority groups, but not others. *** is hateful, but "fat bald short moron" is not. Who determines what is or isn't hateful?

mczerone
07-10-2013, 02:08 PM
I honestly don't understand the appeal of his show. He contributes nothing to any subject but blather. My dad loves the show. :(

I honestly don't understand the appeal of most of TV/newspapers/magazines/MSM internet sites. They contribute nothing to any subject but blather AND GET IMPORTANT DETAILS WRONG CONSISTENTLY.

The world loves the show. :(

mczerone
07-10-2013, 02:11 PM
I don't agree with O'Reilly, but he didn't say "hate speech" per se should be illegal - only that the "threat" of "you're going to hell" should be illegal.

I'm more sympathetic to that argument, as if both the speaker and listener are True Believers, the listener could actually feel threatened by the comment, and it's not specific to being gay - it could be whatever the speaker finds "sinful."

evilfunnystuff
07-10-2013, 02:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6W7FY0-mks&sns=tw

TonySutton
07-10-2013, 02:22 PM
How many posters hear watched the video?

I think particular scenario discussed would already be covered by law or at least if it escalated a bit more or persisted. There are circumstances beyond the words where someone is in your personal space with a threatening demeanor would become assault. Again these are all existing laws and should be enforced equally.

ObiRandKenobi
07-10-2013, 02:32 PM

I think particular scenario discussed would already be covered by law or at least if it escalated a bit more or persisted. There are circumstances beyond the words where someone is in your personal space with a threatening demeanor would become assault. Again these are all existing laws and should be enforced equally.

His justification was "causing personal anguish" more than it was "personal space".

TonySutton
07-10-2013, 02:41 PM
His justification was "causing personal anguish" more than it was "personal space".

At best you could say it was 50/50.

I still stand by my remarks that no new law is needed. If someone assaults a person the victim should press charges.

The Free Hornet
07-10-2013, 03:47 PM

The government has removed rights to keep your income, give money tax-free before or after death, pay for healthcare with pretax dollars and in some cases your freedom to associate.

Marriage is one way they return some of these rights.

What do your feelings say as to why only gays seem to be complaining? Is it that too many straight people just "take it" without complaint? Or were they told by their pastor not to complain but to step in line, go forth and multiply?

kcchiefs6465
07-10-2013, 04:04 PM

Harassing someone would be covered by the law.

If someone is chasing down a homosexual, getting in their face, and insulting them, they are the ones who are aggressing. They would be wise to expect a repercussion and I would defend the person's right to defend themselves against harassment and aggression.

People need a strong dose of "mind your own damn business." There was once a time where people were respectable towards each other, or so I've heard. I'd like to get back to that mindset. People not being concerned with that which doesn't affect them. People being aware of the consequences of their words and actions and people considering beforehand before opening their mouth. The world would be a lot better off.

Not too long ago slighting someone was a serious offense. Andrew Jackson died with a ball in his chest because of it.

I'm not saying running up to someone and harassing them about their sexuality should be duelable offense but let's be real, actions should have consequences. Maybe they'd be more considerate the next time if someone went upside their head when they needed it.

jllundqu
07-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Yeah... because Bill is SOOOOOO small government... :rolleyes:

RickyJ
07-10-2013, 04:24 PM
You are going to hell O'Reilly. I don't care if you are gay or not, you are going to hell O'Reilly.

VIDEODROME
07-10-2013, 04:53 PM

Yeah I don't get it either. My dad watchs The Factor.

green73
07-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Ever since O'Reilly's sexual harassment scandal, he has been such a good little doggy.

Creeps make the best tools. The creepier the better.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b6/Lindsey_Graham,_Official_Portrait_2006.jpg/200px-Lindsey_Graham,_Official_Portrait_2006.jpg

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Bill O'Reilly should go to hell.

Am I going to go to jail for telling a gay person to go to hell now? :D

DonVolaric
07-10-2013, 05:44 PM
I honestly don't understand the appeal of his show. He contributes nothing to any subject but blather. My dad loves the show. :( Mr. Bill is a neoconservative (a conservative who advocates the assertive promotion of democracy and United States national interest in international affairs including through military means) who claims to be independent. He promotes the boogeyman is out to get all of us (FOX TV Anthem). I would love to be a guest on his show and take him to school. He need an injection of Fair & Balanced.

DamianTV
07-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Bill O'Reilly should go to hell.

Am I going to go to jail for telling a gay person to go to hell now? :D

Maybe Bill O'Reilly got offended because he's Gay? And I'm not talking in the homosexual sense...

jonhowe
07-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Uhhh I don't know. I feel like when you go down that road, why not the same for calling someone fat? Or bald? Or short?

Or is it just Hollywood-approved minorities?

MP (http://www.mofopolitics.com/2013/07/09/bill-oreilly-it-should-be-illegal-to-tell-a-gay-person-you-are-going-to-hell/)

Bullies and jackasses should go to hell. IE, the people who would say gays are going to hell should go to hell.
Also, the people who say "it should be illegal to say" should go to hell.

Sometimes it's frustrating that it's made up :rolleyes:

Fredom101
07-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Bill O says something dumb. The sky is blue and the government sucks. What else is new?

Smart3
07-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Anyone who tells somebody else that they are going to hell is doing anything BUT sharing the gospel.

I agree, people should read the bible, cause then they won't be as judge mental.

Repent and believe = You're going to Hell you criminal if you don't.

Seems judgmental, not that I have any issue with it.