PDA

View Full Version : Off-duty cop shoots family's 'big softie' in front of 12-year-old owner

green73
07-09-2013, 03:53 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/09/article-2358840-1ABB7081000005DC-808_634x454.jpg

An off duty police officer has shot his neighbour's dog dead in front of it's 12-year-old owner, after it allegedly attacked him and his wife.

The Fitzhenry family, from Harris County, Texas, say their beloved boxer dog, Gunner - who they described as a big softie - was shot by the off-duty Houston police officer on Friday along a pathway.

Houston Police Department Officer Mark Condon claims the four-year-old dog charged at him and his wife, after it escaped from the Fitzhenry's garden by accident.

But according to 12-year-old Dalton Fitzhenry, who family say treated the dog like a brother, the pet had only wanted to play.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2358840/Off-duty-police-officer-shoots-familys-big-softie-dog-12-year-old-owner.html

SeanTX
07-09-2013, 04:13 PM
"Charged at them" probably means it was barking -- causing the cop to pee his panties then do the only thing cops can do in such a situation -- go into "officer safety" mode and shoot to kill.

tod evans
07-09-2013, 04:21 PM
http://www.twowheelforum.com/images/smilies/hang.gif Get a rope! :mad:

Dr.3D
07-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Looks like the cops need more training in how dogs behave when they are happy to see ya.

chudrockz
07-09-2013, 05:10 PM
This is what I'm afraid of with my dog. My cuddly pitbull terrier "charges" people all the time at the dog park and such. And when she gets to them, she either licks them like crazy with tail wagging at mach 3, or flips over for a belly rub. NEVER is aggressive.

phill4paul
07-09-2013, 05:22 PM
"Charged at them" probably means it was barking -- causing the cop to pee his panties then do the only thing cops can do in such a situation -- go into "officer safety" mode and shoot to kill.

This goes here.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiTjXWOfja4

Czolgosz
07-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Perhaps all these dogs are "charging" at the pigs. After all, dogs sense bad people.

CaptUSA
07-09-2013, 05:35 PM
This is the stuff you want if you're afraid of getting bit by a dog. Nearly 100% effective and easy to aim.
http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/images/store/FAMILY_SHOT.jpg
And the dog will be fine in a few minutes. But no, the cops are trained to murder as their first line of defense.

phill4paul
07-09-2013, 05:41 PM
But no, the cops are trained to murder as their first line of defense.

Circular Force Continuum. Officer safety before any other consideration. And NEVER reprecussions for following "policy." Well the "policy" is what needs to change. Policy MUST go back to linear (escalating) force continuum. With dogs. Or with humans. It's getting out of hand.

Dr.3D
This is the stuff you want if you're afraid of getting bit by a dog. Nearly 100% effective and easy to aim.
http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/images/store/FAMILY_SHOT.jpg
And the dog will be fine in a few minutes. But no, the cops are trained to murder as their first line of defense.
Works for the postal carriers. I know when I was younger, the cops used to carry that stuff too. Did they stop using that or is it that they are just dumb ass pricks?

tod evans
It's well established that cops take reports after crimes have been committed..

So why do stenographers require "service weapons"?

Dr.3D
07-09-2013, 05:43 PM
It's well established that cops take reports after crimes have been committed..

So why do stenographers require "service weapons"?
Because they are often instigators and involved in the crimes they are taking reports of. Of course that alters the truth behind the report as well.

green73
07-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Works for the postal carriers. I know when I was younger, the cops used to carry that stuff too. Did they stop using that or is it that they are just dumb ass pricks?

Peaceful solutions are not advantageous to the unfurling police state. Submit!

satchelmcqueen
07-09-2013, 06:39 PM
the squirrel had "plans" for the school. the officer was just exercising our preemptive war foreign policy.

chudrockz
07-09-2013, 09:09 PM

Our postal carrier uses doggy biscuits! A few years back I was outside with our little rat terrier (Dobber, RIP) and he came walking into the yard. Our dog barked and ran toward him (dog was harmless, weighed all of twelve pounds and could not have hurt anyone even if he had been rabid) and slick as shit, the guy took a biscuit out of his pocket and tossed it to our dog, who caught it in the air and continued barking at him while consuming it.

susano
07-09-2013, 09:14 PM
I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF THESE ATROCITIES.

Someone needs to remove that cop from the gene pool. We all know it's only way this will stop. How that would happen, I have no clue, but it needs to.

Origanalist
07-09-2013, 09:17 PM
// Out of words for this shit..................

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBvS6z5k-3dEAeIG9sI60dbVUsSNB6o6eAy5e08dzaUcgv2maW-JDmddY

Cissy
07-11-2013, 10:02 AM
http://www.khou.com/news/cnn/HPD-officer-shoots-pet-boxer-after-alleged-attack—214672271.html

HARRIS COUNTY —A Harris County family is devastated over the death of their beloved boxer, which was shot by an off-duty Houston police officer.

Both sides agree that the dog was shot Friday along a walking path in the 14800 block of Cascade Bend Lane near Cypress.

According to the Fitzhenry family, their 4-year-old boxer named Gunner got out of the backyard when the children opened the gate to retrieve a ball.

Gunner approached a neighbor, who was walking his dog with his wife. There are two very different stories about what happened next.

The neighbor, HPD Officer Mark Condon, told investigators the boxer attacked them.

“The dog charged us and attacked me, my wife and one of our dogs,” Condon said in a statement released late Monday afternoon.

Dalton Fitzhenry, 12, said his dog was not threatening the officer and only wanted to play.

“All he was doing was, like, smelling the dog like he always does,” Dalton said.

Condon fired once, striking Gunner in the neck.

“He just pulled it out, like, point-blank range and shot,” said Dalton. “Gunner didn’t have the chance to run.”

Gunner died on the way to the animal emergency clinic.

Dalton’s parents said the dog was like a member of the family.

“And he was screaming and crying, and the cop just had the gun in his hand saying, ‘It’s OK, I’m a cop,’” Kim Fitzhenry said.

“I lost what to them was like their oldest brother,” said Kevin Fitzhenry. “And they lost him in front of them.”

Condon said he, his wife and their dog suffered injuries, which were documented by the Precinct 4 Constable’s Office.

“I have owned dogs and have been an animal lover my entire life. The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt an animal, especially someone’s pet,” Condon said in a statement.

The Fitzhenry family plans to lodge a formal complaint with HPD.

Neighbors on Cascade Bend Lane said their kids and pets often play in the front yards. Fidel Castillo was reigning in Bella, his playful Doberman saying, “That was Bella’s best friend.”

Castillo was referring to Gunner, who lived just two doors down at the Fitzhenry home.

“I’ve been out here many times with my 2-year-old and Gunner would just come out and play with us, lick us,” Otalia Castillo, Fidel’s wife, said.

Several families said Gunner was friendly and some helped draw pictures of the boxer with wings and a halo.

“He’s just a big baby. He was just a big baby,” Fidel Castillo said.

Casey Kelch · Clearfield, Utah
Let’s see proof of these sustained injuries. I knew this dog, and he was a big, dumb, friendly dog that would slobber you to death. Incidents like this are what happens when the police face no consequences.

How ironic; the same child who would be believed and whose testimony would be taken seriously if he said he was molested is not believed because he dared suggest a government employee had shot his dog without cause.

Clearly, to some, word of a government employee > word of a child.

http://www.khou.com/news/cnn/HPD-officer-shoots-pet-boxer-after-alleged-attack--214672271.html

Apparently, this cop knew this dog; if true, this is more disturbing.

Rosary Goodrum · Texas A&M
The officer had met Gunner before and knew him by name. He’s now claiming that he hadn’t but he had threatened them before.

Rosary Goodrum · Texas A&M
I have known this dog for two years and have never once seen it aggressive. I have seen it around their newborn when it was born and tons of children and other dogs. I’ve had my dogs over to play with it a couple times and it has always been friendly toward them. I find it funny that the officer’s story keeps changing. Originally he was just in fear of his life, then his wife got injured, then his dog got attacked, now he got attacked and so did his wife and his dog. I also find it funny that he has been using legal jargon to describe the situation. There is not a human aspect to this. Instead, he is using what he thinks will clear his name. He does not mention that he fled the scene after shooting the dog. He also doesn’t mention that Dalton was running toward Gunner to get him when the officer shot Gunner. I find it very irresponsible to discharge your gun with a child running toward the animal. Also not mentioned is the fact that their 5 year old was also watching.

tod evans
07-11-2013, 10:07 AM
The neighbors must band together and throw that piece of shit out of town, then follow and inform any new neighbors of his proclivities.

Exactly as cops do with sex offenders.

With the advent of the internet it really is possible to label guys like this as "urban terrorists" without the help of media or the courts...

pcosmar
07-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Our postal carrier uses doggy biscuits!
I have known many that do this. Much more effective than pepper spray.

I have even noticed it from the private carriers,, (UPS/FedEx) my dogs go up into the truck for their treats. :D

Czolgosz
07-11-2013, 11:03 AM

I have even noticed it from the private carriers,, (UPS/FedEx) my dogs go up into the truck for their treats. :D

lol

chudrockz
07-11-2013, 11:22 AM

When I was younger we had a Chesapeake Bay Retriever who was always EVERYONE'S best friend. Except for the UPS guy. Anytime she saw a brown truck she went berzerk with rage. We figure that at some point she must've been maced by a delivery driver and remembered that. I agree, doggy biscuits work much better.

Philhelm
07-11-2013, 11:22 AM
This will only stop when the police are given cause to fear the righteous fury of the citizenry.

pcosmar
07-11-2013, 11:30 AM
lol

Not hard to find examples (I have never video taped mine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQykEwY9NsY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR0BZE3L4Hk

Anti Federalist
07-11-2013, 11:36 AM
"I've got one tool, that tool is to beat people up and take them to jail."

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c30_1373470844

SeanTX
07-11-2013, 11:42 AM
This will only stop when the police are given cause to fear the righteous fury of the citizenry.

Actually it'd probably just take a little bit of "fury" directed at a few folks at the top of the cop food chain to make a difference and calm them down a bit. Some action against police chiefs, sheriffs, police union leaders, etc.

Not saying what that "fury" should consist of though,that would be up to the citizens to decide in each case -- maybe some very stern letters, emails, protests, recall petitions for sheriffs -- and perhaps some other things (not that I necessarily advocate the "other things").

The grunts down at the bottom will pretty much do whatever they are allowed to get away with -- they need some better adult supervision from the top. If the chiefs, sheriffs, etc knew that there would be some blowback on them for what their underlings do then they might do a bit more to keep them under control. So I put most of the blame on those higher in the chain of command for not holding their grunts accountable.

Czolgosz
07-11-2013, 11:42 AM
So much easier to make friends.

Bullying works too, until run across That Guy.

Anti Federalist
07-11-2013, 11:51 AM
"Oh, well, I understand and trust me, citizen I'll be sure to take these complaints and FUCK YOU!"

"Now, get back in line, before I thump your head for you." - Officer Friendly.

Circular Force Continuum. Officer safety before any other consideration. And NEVER reprecussions for following "policy." Well the "policy" is what needs to change. Policy MUST go back to linear (escalating) force continuum. With dogs. Or with humans. It's getting out of hand.

Dr.3D
07-11-2013, 12:02 PM

I do like the way UPS handles these things.

I didn't know why my Doberman wanted to go out so suddenly so I let him out. I then noticed the UPS truck in my driveway and my dog with his nose in the butt crack of the UPS guy. It was kind of a funny sight to see. The man was holding a very large box with both hands and walking up to the house and he looked like he was being balanced on the nose of my dog the entire way. I told him I was sorry I had let the dog out and that I didn't know he was out there. He laughed and said it happens all the time.

Occam's Banana
07-11-2013, 12:20 PM

Change of mandate: "peace" officers are now law "enforcement" officers. IOW: it's a brand new day - "peace" is out, "force" is in.

heavenlyboy34
07-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Actually it'd probably just take a little bit of "fury" directed at a few folks at the top of the cop food chain to make a difference and calm them down a bit. Some action against police chiefs, sheriffs, police union leaders, etc.

Not saying what that "fury" should consist of though,that would be up to the citizens to decide in each case -- maybe some very stern letters, emails, protests, recall petitions for sheriffs -- and perhaps some other things (not that I necessarily advocate the "other things").

The grunts down at the bottom will pretty much do whatever they are allowed to get away with -- they need some better adult supervision from the top. If the chiefs, sheriffs, etc knew that there would be some blowback on them for what their underlings do then they might do a bit more to keep them under control. So I put most of the blame on those higher in the chain of command for not holding their grunts accountable.
hmmm...sounds rather like the Nuremburg Defense to me. :P There's' something to what you're saying, but these cops are supposed to be able to make decisions in high stress situations. A lot of the blame ought to fall on them.

Dr.3D
07-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Change of mandate: "peace" officers are now law "enforcement" officers. IOW: it's a brand new day - "peace" is out, "force" is in.
Guess that's why they call it the police force.

SeanTX
07-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Well, yes, the individual officers share some blame for their misdeeds, but when you have a corrupt institution like the modern police where the leadership is just looking the other way or encouraging bad behavior, well, one way to improve the situation is to put some pressure on the leadership to get the grunts under control.

A police chief or sheriff who is having to look over his shoulder isn't going to like it so much when one of his grunts does something stupid to put him in the spotlight. And instead of high fives all around and hilarity at the station over the latest pet shooting or whatever maybe the leaders will do what they should be doing and enforce some discipline.