PDA

View Full Version : NH-Hero eight old seized by CPS for being out so late with his father.

Anti Federalist
07-08-2013, 09:18 AM
ETA - My mistake, for some reason I thought the crash happened in Mass. but that the family lived in NH.

H/T to Kieth for pointing that out.

Didn't know we had a curfew here in the Live Free or Die State.

I know we have a pretty bad CPS department.

Freedom!

*belch*

Boy In State Custody After Heroic Effort To Save Dad From Fitchburg Crash

By Michael Rosenfield, WBZ-TV New Hampshire Bureau Chief

July 4, 2013 4:40 PM

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/07/04/boy-makes-heroic-effort-to-get-help-after-fitchburg-car-crash/#.UddXLX5d9i0.email

FITCHBURG (CBS) – Eight-year-old Joshua Garcia is being credited with saving his dad Eugenio after the car the two were in crashed early Thursday morning and ended up in the Nashua River.

Eugenio “Tito” Garcia was trapped. But his son was able to swim to shore and run home almost a mile away to tell his step-mom and call for help.

“I’m really proud of him,” said Joshua’s aunt Priscila Columna. “He was brave.”

The story took a surprising turn, though.

Family members say after Joshua and his dad were treated at a nearby hospital, a state agency took temporary custody of the child as it investigates the family, the circumstances of the crash, and why the two were out in the middle of the night.

“They took over, just because they say it’s neglect driving at that time,” said Columna.

State workers apparently have lots of questions.

“If he was intoxicated, or was not, or what is going on,” said Columna.

Family members say state workers have already visited the home on Thursday.

They say Tito Garcia has been working a lot as a computer technician and moving as well so he has not slept much, and that could be a reason for the crash.

“He usually drinks a lot of Red Bull,” said Rigoberto Guardado, whose daughter is married to Tito. “Sometimes he don’t even sleep.”

The family does not know why father and son were on the road at 3 a.m.

Joshua’s grandparents have come in from New York to help.

It is possible charges could be filed against Tito. But whatever happens, nothing takes away from the brave actions of his son.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-08-2013, 09:19 AM
CPS have tried to kidnap me when I was younger. I don't want to know what they do to those kids.

Anti Federalist
07-08-2013, 09:22 AM
CPS have tried to kidnap me when I was younger. I don't want to know what they do to those kids.

No contact with the state.

Zero Tolerance.

Contact with any of these cocksuckers can destroy you and your family in an instant.

pcosmar
07-08-2013, 09:23 AM
CPS
the cure worse than the ailment.

Anti Federalist
07-08-2013, 09:26 AM
CPS
the cure worse than the ailment.

Good life lesson learned for that kid though.

Saves his dad's life, only for his dad to go to prison and him end in foster care.

He'll hate government and their enforcers for the rest of his life...

aGameOfThrones
07-08-2013, 09:27 AM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll269/hellojackgoodbyeson/gif/bth_KhunWhat.gif

And tito's family... STFU, please.

ClydeCoulter
07-08-2013, 09:28 AM
"State workers apparently have lots of questions."
How about, "Mind your own business"!

Anti Federalist
07-08-2013, 09:38 AM
"State workers apparently have lots of questions."
How about, "Mind your own business"!

Unacceptable reply comrade.

Felony obstruction of officers.

Arrest him.

Nobexliberty
07-08-2013, 09:42 AM
My brain just exploded from overdose of stupidity, hope the boy gets back to his family.

pcosmar
07-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Seems a bright kid.
I wonder how much CPS will sell him for?

http://protectingourchildrenfrombeingsold.wordpress.com/
http://protectingourchildrenfrombeingsold.wordpress.com/2010/01/09/more-facts-about-cps-buying-and-selling-our-children/

Nobexliberty
07-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Seems a bright kid.
I wonder how much CPS will sell him for? 50 grand at minimum, good kids are at low supply.

fisharmor
07-08-2013, 09:48 AM
It used to be when you crashed in a New England river in the middle of the night with someone you weren't supposed to be out with, it only ruined your presidential hopes.

Anti Federalist
07-08-2013, 09:49 AM
My brain just exploded from overdose of stupidity, hope the boy gets back to his family.

It's not stupidity.

These people know exactly what they are doing, and they do it for a reason.

Which is to make clear the following:

"We are the law. You are a Mundane. We have control. We will do what we want, when we want, to you.

You will submit and comply to our orders, instantly and without question, however ridiculous and counter productive they may be.

Failure to do so will result in immediate arrest or infliction of pain to gain compliance.

Is that clear?"

Nobexliberty
07-08-2013, 10:02 AM
It's not stupidity.

These people know exactly what they are doing, and they do it for a reason.

Which is to make clear the following:

"We are the law. You are a Mundane. We have control. We will do what we want, when we want, to you.

You will submit and comply to our orders, instantly and without question, however ridiculous and counter productive they may be.

Failure to do so will result in immediate arrest or infliction of pain to gain compliance.

Is that clear?"

Every once in a while I forget they are not stupid but take advantedge of stupid people,then I need people like you to kick some sense back in my head.

phill4paul
07-08-2013, 10:15 AM
C'mon. Making Mountains of molehills. They didn't TAKE this child from his parents. They are just keeping him safe while they investigate his parents. If everything checks out then no harm-no foul. I mean, c'mon, driving around at three A.M. is pretty shady. Most everyone I know is asleep then because we have jobs. If even one child can be saved from abuse or neglect then what is a little temporary inconvenience? They should be thankful that CPS cares enough about their child to make the investigation in the first place.

Anti Federalist
07-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Damn right!

Zero tolerance.

*burp*

C'mon. Making Mountains of molehills. They didn't TAKE this child from his parents. They are just keeping him safe while they investigate his parents. If everything checks out then no harm-no foul. I mean, c'mon, driving around at three A.M. is pretty shady. Most everyone I know is asleep then because we have jobs. If even one child can be saved from abuse or neglect then what is a little temporary inconvenience? They should be thankful that CPS cares enough about their child to make the investigation in the first place.

Ender
07-08-2013, 10:17 AM

This is sarcasm, right?

Anti Federalist
07-08-2013, 10:19 AM
This is sarcasm, right?

Is it?

'MuriKa!

Freedom!

*belch*

phill4paul
07-08-2013, 10:19 AM
This is sarcasm, right?

Yuuup.

Though AF has about the right and the wrong of it.

Ender
07-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Yuuup.

I feel better. ;)

WM_in_MO
07-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Every once in a while I forget they are not stupid but take advantedge of stupid people,then I need people like you to kick some sense back in my head.
I stopped calling our politicians and bureaucrats stupid a long time ago.

They know exactly what they are doing.

pcosmar
07-08-2013, 10:42 AM
This goes here,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIFQFY-qY8I

Pericles
07-08-2013, 10:42 AM
When the right people get shot, much of this will stop.

aGameOfThrones
07-08-2013, 10:50 AM
NH-TSA issues new policy:

Child transportation hours are from 7:00am to 10:00pm. Btw, violators will be shot!

Czolgosz
07-08-2013, 10:52 AM

Sadly, this sentiment is largely missing from freedom loving people. +rep

Nobexliberty
07-08-2013, 11:34 AM
When the right people get shot, much of this will stop. Hanging seems to have gotten out of favor for some reason, it's easier to hang someone in the middle of a crowd then shoot someone in a crowd.

Philhelm
07-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Hanging seems to have gotten out of favor for some reason, it's easier to hang someone in the middle of a crowd then shoot someone in a crowd.

I would prefer the flame, as it has an element of "purge the unclean" associated with it.

Philhelm
07-08-2013, 11:43 AM
“They took over, just because they say it’s neglect driving at that time,” said Columna.

WTF?

fisharmor
07-08-2013, 11:43 AM
I stopped calling our politicians and bureaucrats stupid a long time ago.

They know exactly what they are doing.

Some of them, maybe, but I'm convinced a majority of the people enabling these things are simply still living in Plato's cave.
They're not necessarily stupid. They just have spent, in some cases, 50+ years with things being a certain way.
They have no idea that things aren't the way they were anymore.

My mother still gets news from NBC evening news. Do you believe that? 2013 and I don't have a clue who replaced Brokaw, but she's still watching that shit.
My father has more of a clue, but he spent 27 years of his life in the service of the Beast, and it was with one of the handful of outfits that arguably actually does some good (USCG - or it used to, anyway).
My father-in-law spent a career negotiating nuclear arms treaties with the Russians, so he's pretty confident that his stint with the Beast had a net positive outcome.

They are members of a religion. And the people who run for congress? Very few of them are Ted Kennedys. Most of them are also fellow members of the religion. Their lips are stained with Kool-Aid and the taste of anything else makes them retch.

Are there corrupt ones? To be sure. But it's not all of them. The enablers - the vast majority - believe in the system.
They all know the system - the faith - is a little out of whack right now. But they still believe in it.

You're as likely to get them to reject their life's work as you are to get Christians to spit on a cross. Right now they're in power. They're the big dog. Reason alone isn't going to get them to reject their holy symbols.

No, we need to pray that some day they'll be in the obvious minority. Because they are, really. One man telling a congregation to spit on a cross is going to affect nothing.
But ten men show up at a congregation that has dwindled to five members... and you're going to get at least three loogies.

It's not over yet. It might be over within our lifetimes, I think. But the more we evangelize, the more likely it is that when the curtain closes, something positive will come from it.

When people like my father see this happen next door - or to a dissident like me - he's going to remember everything I've been saying for the last 7 years, and it's going to click.

WM_in_MO
07-08-2013, 12:21 PM
I love your optimism I wish i shared it, and in fact last year before the RNC and following the RE-DO of our county caucus I was as optimistic as I could get.

Watching the Santorum crowd throw right in with the Romney crowd (A CANDIDATE THEY ALL THOUGHT WAS AWFUL THE PREVIOUS DAY) kinda popped that balloon for me once and for all. I am becoming less of Socrates and more Plato WRT the masses. (They then snubbed our joint santorum/paul slate at the state convention which we lost by 100 votes)

I could justify it by saying "I'm a realist" but anyone who says that (IMO) is just not ready to admit how pessimistic life has made them. I'm in that odd twilight zone where I'm trying hard to keep the faith. I know what I believe, and I do see my family members starting to jump on board too. That gives me the only hope I can think of.

I'm still wondering which people those are exactly... and how we as Libertarians can justify a non-self-defense shooting.

Dr.3D
07-08-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm still wondering which people those are exactly... and how we as Libertarians can justify a non-self-defense shooting.

Maybe those people are kidnappers.

Philhelm
07-08-2013, 12:28 PM

Define "self-defense."

WM_in_MO
07-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Define "self-defense."
Well I certainly would not use the Dorner method.

However if a militia showed up to shut down a DWI checkpoint...

Pericles
07-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Hanging seems to have gotten out of favor for some reason, it's easier to hang someone in the middle of a crowd then shoot someone in a crowd.

Requires certain non portable items not always present when needed.

Nobexliberty
07-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Requires certain non portable items not always present when needed. But hanging allows you too kill a tyrant in a traditional way. You know hanged, drawn and quatered.

WM_in_MO
07-08-2013, 01:32 PM
But hanging allows you too kill a tyrant in a traditional way. You know hanged, drawn and quatered.
Hoping there is sarcasm. Like when we/I say "Get a rope".

I do hope we haven't thrown out due process for ALL.

Nobexliberty
07-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Hoping there is sarcasm. Like when we/I say "Get a rope".

I do hope we haven't thrown out due process for ALL.Fair trials for everyone. The reason I am against the death penelty is because I do not trust justice systems to be just now. If justice sytems become just then I support the death penelty for a vast amount of crimes, from murder to adultery if the spouse wants it.

WM_in_MO
07-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Fair trials for everyone. The reason I am against the death penelty is because I do not trust justice systems to be just now. If justice sytems become just then I support the death penelty for a vast amount of crimes. From murder to adultery if the spouse wants it.
Ok, just making sure we hadn't lost it over the weekend.

Nobexliberty
07-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Ok, just making sure we hadn't lost it over the weekend.I have not lost it, I have always been "different":D

Keith and stuff
07-08-2013, 03:09 PM
This did not happen in New Hampshire. It happened in MA. Fitchburg is in MA. I don't know if there are any curfews in NH but I've never heard of a curfew anywhere (except in movies and books) that also applies to children with their parents on a road.

kathy88
07-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Unacceptable reply comrade.

Felony obstruction of officers.

Arrest him.

Beat him senseless first. Demoted and reported.

mrsat_98
07-08-2013, 06:23 PM
It used to be when you crashed in a New England river in the middle of the night with someone you weren't supposed to be out with, it only ruined your presidential hopes.

He was not driving fast enough to blow the kids underwear off into the glove compartment.

Anti Federalist
07-11-2013, 11:30 AM
This did not happen in New Hampshire. It happened in MA. Fitchburg is in MA. I don't know if there are any curfews in NH but I've never heard of a curfew anywhere (except in movies and books) that also applies to children with their parents on a road.

Thanks for correction, my mistake.

OP is edited.