PDA

View Full Version : Labrador: Bad immigration bill the "death" of the GOP

Warlord
07-08-2013, 07:33 AM
I really like Labrador.

-

Passing a bad immigration reform bill could politically damage the GOP, one prominent Hispanic Republican said Sunday morning.

"If we don't do it right, politically it's going to be the death of the Republican Party," Rep. Raul Labrador (R-Idaho), a leading GOP voice on immigration reform, said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Labrador was asked to respond to claims from GOP proponents of immigration reform that failing to pass a bill would cost the party the support of Hispanic voters.

Labrador warned that the GOP could lose its base by backing a bill that failed to secure the border.

"If we do it right I think it's going to be good for us," Labrador said on Meet the Press. "But if we don't do it right what's going to happen is we're going to lose our base because we're still going to have a large number of illegal immigrants coming into the United States, and the Hispanic community is not going to listen to us because they're going to always listen at this point to the people that are offering more, that are offering a faster pathway to citizenship.

“I think we lose on both grounds if we don't do it right," Labrador said.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/other-races/309469-hispanic-gop-lawmaker-a-bad-immigration-bill-would-be-the-death-of-the-republican-party#ixzz2YScp9uY7

FSP-Rebel
07-08-2013, 10:09 AM
It makes sense considering the conspiring of the elitists McCain, Graham, Schumer, their tards in the House and their use of previously thought of conservatives (Rubio and Ryan) to push this junk to the conservative radio audiences and hope it sticks. As predicted, it goes over like a fart in the elevator and pisses off hosts like Beck, Ingraham and Levin including their audiences. They're intent on killing the GOP brand because Rand, Ted and Mike are clearly owning the base and they want to choke them off if possible. This is why we need to barrage the House members with calls when they pick this thing back up.