PDA

View Full Version : SFO Crash: TSA interrogated, searched family members of victims

green73
07-08-2013, 05:13 AM
SAN FRANCISCO-- When the Asiana Airlines flight crashed at San Francisco International Airport, passengers fled in all directions from the burning plane.

"You have to imagine the chaos of the scene," said San Francisco Police Department Acting Capt. Dominic Yin.

Some passengers were found wandering, dazed, near the wreckage. Others made a beeline for the international terminal, where they waited for as long as five hours to be reunited with panicked friends and family.

The process was made more difficult, and slower, by a series of screenings conducted by the Transportation Security Administration, police said. Officials spent hours interviewing passengers inside the international departure gates.

To get into the boarding area to meet up with them, loved ones were interviewed, searched and vetted by TSA officials. The vetting included checking that family names matched up and that the passengers knew the people trying to get through the security area.

One by one, relatives walked through the glass doors that separate the terminal from the gates, hoping the children or spouses they had not heard from would be waiting inside.

"My wife, my wife," said passenger Veddpal Singh, as he walked down a hallway toward the gates. "Where is my wife?"

Singh had been separated from his wife and his son during the chaos after the flight, he said.

The plane crash broke Singh's collarbone. He had just returned from the hospital and his arm was in a sling.

At one point, a United Airlines representative parted the media representatives outside the gates to clear a path for a Red Cross team. One team member carried three plush white teddy bears, the tags still attached.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-officials-passengers-described-chaos-after-crash-20130706,0,7930406.story

FSP-Rebel
07-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Meanwhile at the press conference put on by the NTSB the spokeswoman was saying how they were going to respect the victims and their families and conduct the investigation with that in mind. uh heh

Anti Federalist
07-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Beat ya to it, for once... ;)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?420607-Survive-a-fiery-plane-crash-Get-interrogated-for-5-hours