PDA

View Full Version : CA considers condoms in prisons to cut STD rate

green73
07-07-2013, 05:03 PM
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- California prisoners have unprotected sexual contact, forced or consensual, even if both are illegal, and this reality often leads to the spread of HIV and other diseases in prisons and in communities where felons are paroled.

Setting up a difficult conversation, one state lawmaker says it's time to give inmates a way to practice safe sex behind bars to reduce an infection rate that experts say is much higher than that of the general population.

cont
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CALIFORNIA_PRISONS_CONDOMS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-07-07-13-47-34

muh_roads
07-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Rape waits for no condom.

Peckers gonna peck.

CaptUSA
07-07-2013, 05:41 PM
It should be telling that you cannot stop sexual acts or drug use in the most controlled environment possible. Somehow, people still think the government can accomplish prevention of both of those things in a supposedly free country.

The R's would suggest stronger power, the L's suggest more spending. No wonder those two parties get along so well.

amy31416
07-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Non-violent "offenders" who were raped and contracted STD's (or even just raped), should sue the SHIT out of the state.

The Free Hornet
07-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Non-violent "offenders" who were raped and contracted STD's (or even just raped), should sue the SHIT out of the state.

As should the violent offenders. If you are handcuffed and trip into a cop, that could be classified as violent assault.

Scrapmo
07-07-2013, 06:16 PM
It should be telling that you cannot stop sexual acts or drug use in the most controlled environment possible. Somehow, people still think the government can accomplish prevention of both of those things in a supposedly free country.

The R's would suggest stronger power, the L's suggest more spending. No wonder those two parties get along so well.

Nail on the Head!

nano1895
07-07-2013, 06:19 PM

rec x 1000

Keith and stuff
07-07-2013, 08:00 PM

Since when do the Republican Party and the Libertarian Party get along ?

Philhelm
07-07-2013, 08:04 PM

I thought he had meant liberals.

Keith and stuff
07-07-2013, 08:12 PM
That doesn't make a bit of sense but OK. True liberals aren't about more spending for the sake of spending. Though, many Democrats tend to support that. Maybe he meant D?

QuickZ06
07-07-2013, 09:15 PM
My couch pulls out....but my cellmate doesn't.

QuickZ06
07-07-2013, 09:17 PM

Yep, all jokes aside. It is very sad that such things happen to people who should not even be in those rape cages to begin with.

cjm
07-07-2013, 09:22 PM

R & L = right and left?

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-07-2013, 09:23 PM
why don't they give them some lube too, and some warming gel (btw don't want to know how they do it otherwise)

Keith and stuff
07-07-2013, 09:39 PM
R & L = right and left?

That is another possibility. Oh well. Maybe I'm slow. I just did understand that post.

juleswin
07-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Lol, I say they add in date rape drugs with the condoms. That way the victim is calm during the ordeal and along with STD prevention, it will prevent anal and other bruising.

CaptUSA
07-08-2013, 03:20 AM
R & L = right and left?Oops. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Yes, Righties and Lefties.