View Full Version : VIDEO: Egypt sends a message to Obama & Americans

libertygrl
07-07-2013, 06:58 AM
Egypt's message to the West, "Leave us alone!"

***** ENGLISH MESSAGE STARTS AT 0:40 *****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sInoCZ3RHLs&feature=player_embedded

BlackTerrel
07-07-2013, 09:28 AM
At 1:30 guy in video says "Obama.....is giving full support to the terrorists by calling what is happening in Egypt a military coup. It's not a military coup. It's a revolution done by a civilized people."

Except he's actually wrong. Obama has never called it a military coup. Ron Paul actually did call it a military coup.

A military coup in Egypt yesterday resulted in the removal and imprisonment of the elected president, Mohamed Morsi, a closure of media outlets sympathetic to him, the house arrest of his advisors, and the suspension of the constitution. The military that overthrew Morsi is the main recipient of the $1.3 billion yearly US aid package to Egypt. You could say that the US “owns” the Egyptian military that just overthrew its democratically-elected leader.

And in fact Ron Paul calls out Obama for NOT calling it a military coup. Directly contradicting the guy in your video.

The Egyptians held an election that was deemed free and fair and shortly afterward the US-funded military overthrows the elected president. Then the US government warns the military that it needs to restore democracy – the very democracy that was destroyed by military coup! All the while the US government will not allow itself to utter the word “coup” when discussing what happened in Egypt yesterday because it would mean they might have to stop sending all those billions of dollars to Egypt.

The guy in the video has a greater disagreement with Ron than he does Obama.

But it doesn't matter. Here's what the US needs to do: stay the fuck out of it. No matter what happens, no matter what side wins they will blame us. Let's keep our people and our money here at home and stay the fuck out of that region. Nothing good comes of it.

enhanced_deficit
07-07-2013, 11:53 AM
If they wanted to be left alone, why democratically engineered Morsi regime had not more aggressively blockaded Gaza open air prison camp?

Egypt: Army destroys more than 40 Gaza-Sinai tunnels

Published:
07.07.13, 09:09 / Israel News (http://www.ynetnews.com/home/0,7340,L-3082,00.html)

According to Egyptian newspaper Al-Shorouk, the Egyptian army has destroyed more than 40 smuggling tunnels in Sinai in order to prevent infiltration of terrorists into the peninsula, said a senior military official.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4401601,00.html

Analysts: US must try hard to dispel notion that it supported Egypt coup

Pro-Israel Advocates Push for Continued Aid to Egypt

On the one hand, some analysts are arguing that the U.S. must try hard to dispel the notion that it supported or now accepts the coup, lest it persuade Islamist parties, including Morsi’s Muslim Brotherhood, that its purported promotion of democracy worldwide does not apply to them.

On the other hand, other analysts – many of them neo-conservatives and others closely associated with the Israel lobby — have greeted the coup in Egypt more positively, urging the Obama administration to accept the coup, continue aid, and work closely with the generals, who are now seen as in control despite their nominal transfer of power to the chief justice of the Supreme Constitutional Court, to ensure a return to democratic rule.

“(A)ctually cutting off the aid now would be highly counterproductive, turning the United States into the adversary of the very actors we now depend upon to return Egypt to a democratic path,” according to Martin Indyk, vice president of the Brookings Institution and founder of the pro-Israel Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP).

Any distancing by the administration from the Egyptian military risked alienating U.S. allies in the Gulf who supported the coup, he wrote on foreignpolicy.com, and by Israeli leaders whose relations with the military “have grown much stronger since (former President Hosni) Mubarak’s overthrow; cutting U.S. aid is the last they will want.”

http://www.lobelog.com/pro-israel-advocates-push-for-continued-aid-to-egypt/

juleswin
07-07-2013, 12:06 PM
At 1:30 guy in video says "Obama.....is giving full support to the terrorists by calling what is happening in Egypt a military coup. It's not a military coup. It's a revolution done by a civilized people."

Except he's actually wrong. Obama has never called it a military coup. Ron Paul actually did call it a military coup.

And in fact Ron Paul calls out Obama for NOT calling it a military coup. Directly contradicting the guy in your video.

The guy in the video has a greater disagreement with Ron than he does Obama.

But it doesn't matter. Here's what the US needs to do: stay the fuck out of it. No matter what happens, no matter what side wins they will blame us. Let's keep our people and our money here at home and stay the fuck out of that region. Nothing good comes of it.

Ron Paul got it wrong, the people were about to push out the Islamofacist govt in power and the military co opted it. This is just like what the establishment press did to the tea party. Yes the co opted it but they did not create it. The 20 million plus people protesting were going to kick him out one way or the other, democracy doesnt give you the authority to do what you want. This was their version of a recall election.

I just wonder what Ron Paul would have said if the US financed Egyptian military had instead turned on the people on the order of the Islamic radical's administration. My guess is that he would have still criticized the administration and the people for removing a democratically elected govt. But then I thought democracy was mob rule and we didnt like mob rule. I just cant believe whats coming out from the Ron Paul's camp.

So we now know that even Ron Paul himself isn't infallible.

torchbearer
07-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Ron Paul got it wrong, the people were about to push out the Islamofacist govt in power and the military co opted it. This is just like what the establishment press did to the tea party. Yes the co opted it but they did not create it. The 20 million plus people protesting were going to kick him out one way or the other, democracy doesnt give you the authority to do what you want. This was their version of a recall election.

I just wonder what Ron Paul would have said if the US financed Egyptian military had instead turned on the people on the order of the Islamic radical's administration. My guess is that he would have still criticized the administration and the people for removing a democratically elected govt. But then I thought democracy was mob rule and we didnt like mob rule. I just cant believe whats coming out from the Ron Paul's camp.

stop, and take a moment to think.

Warlord
07-07-2013, 12:11 PM
WHo cares? the military junta will do nothing for them. If Obama cut them off they'd do a lot worse.

Warlord
07-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Egypt is finished.

juleswin
07-07-2013, 12:14 PM
stop, and take a moment to think.

Done and done. Still think Ron is wrong on this matter

juleswin
07-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Egypt is finished.

Keep dreaming. These people are hardy people and as we've seen from the 2nd overthrown of a mad man in 2 years, they do not give up easily

enhanced_deficit
07-07-2013, 12:17 PM
RP has it right.

The democratically engineered regime was not as compliant for foreign neecon masters/aid suppliers and had to be replaced with tried and tested military dictatorship regime for various interests including stalled civil war bloodshed project in Syria.

Plant is proven hypocrite again as he refuses to call it a "coup".

BlackTerrel
07-07-2013, 12:51 PM

The people couldn't have done it without the military backing. They wouldn't have the firepower.

It may have ended into something like what you have in Syria now with tens of thousands dead and hundreds of thousands displaced.

You know I'm more on your side then opposed. I don't think there could have been an outcome with less bloodshed here.

That said I do think no matter what we do or what side we take it ends with more bloodshed and everyone hating us. That's why the best thing to do it stay out of it.

BlackTerrel
07-07-2013, 12:54 PM
RP has it right.

The democratically engineered regime was not as compliant for foreign neecon masters/aid suppliers and had to be replaced with tried and tested military dictatorship regime for various interests including stalled civil war bloodshed project in Syria.

What did he do that was not compliant? You've been stating as of a day or two ago that he was doing everything the neocons wanted.

What made you change your mind? It seems like you're just changing your view to fit what happens so no matter who is in charge you can say they're a puppet.

Zippyjuan
07-07-2013, 12:55 PM
That is so cool that an entire country sent us a video.

enhanced_deficit
07-07-2013, 01:10 PM
What did he do that was not compliant? You've been stating as of a day or two ago that he was doing everything the neocons wanted.

What made you change your mind? It seems like you're just changing your view to fit what happens so no matter who is in charge you can say they're a puppet.

He was a representative of many Isalmists in Egypt and for coming to power went to bed with foreign aid masters. Apparently his services did not please the foreign masters adequately. Does that clarify what my view is?

I was bit surprised by this radical move of plant abandoning Morsi at this stage when he seemed to be coming around on Syria and Gaza blockade but apparently it was too little too late. There was also anger over Morsi's recent U-turn on Syria within Egypt's public when he started to look like obvious sell out tool and lost credibility a lot. There will not be truely free democratic government in Egypt till foreign powers stopped meddling/spending billions on buying military generals and politicians.

Morsi's Syria stance influenced by US: Egyptian opposition - Politics ... (http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/74123/Egypt/Politics-/Morsis-Syria-stance-influenced-by-US-Egyptian-oppo.aspx)

english.ahram.org.eg/...-/Morsis-Syria-stance-influenced-by-US-Egyptia...‎
Jun 20, 2013 - As Morsi faces accusations of manipulating Syria crisis for personal gain, supporters refute claims that president acting in US interests.

Hope I answered your question. What is your undetrstanding, foreign masters giving billions in aid to Egyptian military and select politicians were not puppet mastering both Morsi and now military junta?

Was Morsi not under influence of plant's pup masters as "democratic leader"? Are military generals who overthrew him not much more compliant tools of plant's neecon masters?

Brian4Liberty
07-07-2013, 02:05 PM

Rule of law be damned, eh?

Gee, Ron Paul does not believe the ends justify the means. Terrible thing, being consistent.

Brian4Liberty
07-07-2013, 02:10 PM
As I said in a previous thread on this subject, perhaps Egypt needs a Constitution that allows for a popular recall vote on their President. They had nearly half of the voting population sign a petition to remove Morsy already. Formalize this into law.

juleswin
07-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Rule of law be damned, eh?

Gee, Ron Paul does not believe the ends justify the means. Terrible thing, being consistent.

Ron Paul has had a different take on the rule of law. Sometimes he says he supports civil disobedience but now because said civil disobedience resulted in the military intervening, he is against it? You know being consistent will start with Ron Paul chastising Rosa Parks for refusing to give up her seat.

What is so hard about the people rising up in a peaceful manner to dislodge a tyrannical government? I just don't get it, where does it say the people have to follow the rules set up the same corrupt politicians in order to get em out of office. You know who else broke the rule of law? George Washington, I guess he should have petitioned and pleaded with the British overlord instead of starting a revolution.

BlackTerrel
07-07-2013, 04:02 PM
He was a representative of many Isalmists in Egypt and for coming to power went to bed with foreign aid masters. Apparently his services did not please the foreign masters adequately. Does that clarify what my view is?

I was bit surprised by this radical move of plant abandoning Morsi at this stage when he seemed to be coming around on Syria and Gaza blockade but apparently it was too little too late. There was also anger over Morsi's recent U-turn on Syria within Egypt's public when he started to look like obvious sell out tool and lost credibility a lot. There will not be truely free democratic government in Egypt till foreign powers stopped meddling/spending billions on buying military generals and politicians.

No that doesn't clarify your view at all. You're saying he didn't please his foreign masters. Why didn't he? According to you everything he did was under their instruction. What did he do that displeased them and wasn't under their influence? That is what you haven't said.

Christian Liberty
07-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Obviously Egypt hates us for our freedom and we need to send troops over to fight for our freedom

sincerely, the sheep (2,500,000 signatures.)

juleswin
07-07-2013, 04:15 PM
No that doesn't clarify your view at all. You're saying he didn't please his foreign masters. Why didn't he? According to you everything he did was under their instruction. What did he do that displeased them and wasn't under their influence? That is what you haven't said.

That is one question I would like to know. Maybe he didn't call loud enough for Jihad with Syria, or crackdown on Gaza tunnels enough or keep with the Israel-Egypt peace plan enough or kick the Syria embassy out enough or rebuke the Iranian nuclear program while at a conference in Iran enough or continue with the gas pipeline to Israel enough etc etc

I would like to know what exactly he could have done to please the Americans in order to avoid being kicked. The way people talk out this, one might get the impression that it is so easy to install a puppet president that the US could use it every time they only get 90% compliance with US goals.

opal
07-07-2013, 04:49 PM
No matter who's right and wrong and to what degree.. the message is pretty clear. Please don't help us - we got this, and if we adhered to a non aggression policy, this would be a no brainer.

BlackTerrel
07-08-2013, 06:37 PM
No matter who's right and wrong and to what degree.. the message is pretty clear. Please don't help us - we got this, and if we adhered to a non aggression policy, this would be a no brainer.

I agree with this too. Somehow someway both sides end up hating us.

How about we spare them the trouble and keep our money and our people here.

BlackTerrel
07-09-2013, 09:18 PM

Bump. Any clarification as to what he did that made him go from their puppet who did everything they wanted to making them want to take him down?