PDA

View Full Version : *bad news* Almost all major victories gained in Alaska have now been lost

eleganz
07-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Our Chairmanship and vice chairmanships got illegally robbed, and now our Secretary is stepping down.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/151737041/Secretary-Alice-Leuchte-Resignation-From-the-Alaska-Republican-Party

"I was elected to the office of Secretary in order to serve Alaska Republicans, safe guard the representative process and promote republican principles. The organization currently known as the Alaska Republican Party does not serve these interests, and I refuse to cooperate with those who abuse volunteers, violate the trust of voters, accept donations from unions and seek influence through intimidation and coercion.

Therefore, I will continue to serve the trust given to me by Alaska Republicans, and disavow this organization. Thank you."

TheTexan
07-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Reforming the mafia...... isn't working??

:shocked:

(not to be a dick; I know people did work hard.)

Bastiat's The Law
07-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Reforming the mafia...... isn't working??

:shocked:

(not to be a dick; I know people did work hard.)

Completed building anarchist utopia yet......????

*continues posting on an internet forum*

TheTexan
07-06-2013, 09:08 PM

No, actually despite all of our best efforts the country (and the world) is simply getting more tyrannical.

I think it's important to point out, when a strategy we have adopted, isn't working. It's a critical part, of making progress.

eleganz
07-06-2013, 09:13 PM
No, actually despite all of our best efforts the country (and the world) is simply getting more tyrannical.

I think it's important to point out, when a strategy we have adopted, isn't working. It's a critical part, of making progress.

How much progress did you really expect in less than a year? Seriously...

No...seriously.....:toady:

Bastiat's The Law
07-06-2013, 09:18 PM

What exactly is the strategy you purpose? The Alaska GOP is corrupt, sure. The corrupt elements like to operate like a mushroom in the dark. This isn't exactly front page news. At least we're taking the fight to them as opposed too sitting on our hands and letting the enemies of liberty get more entrenched and dictate things in your life. You can preach anarchism all you want, but at the end of the day you'll still be jumping through the hoops of your enemies. They touch your life every time you get a paycheck or fill up your gas tank.

TheTexan
07-06-2013, 09:23 PM
How much progress did you really expect in a year? Seriously...

No...seriously.....:toady:

How much did I expect? Or how much did you expect?

"Almost all major victories gained in Alaska have now been lost"

Because that ^ is what I expected to happen. I've been saying for a very long time now, that even the minor successes we've had, are unsustainable.

eleganz
07-06-2013, 09:27 PM
How much did I expect? Or how much did you expect?

"Almost all major victories gained in Alaska have now been lost"

Because that ^ is what I expected to happen. I've been saying for a very long time now, that even the minor successes we've had, are unsustainable.

lol, don't even try to make this about me. I didn't expect it to be a 'walk in the woods', what were you expecting to me to say? I don't stand on the sidelines and cheerlead...I'm actually doing this shit on the ground, I know the reality of investment of time in politics and what to expect in terms of victories.

eleganz
07-06-2013, 09:29 PM
There is proof all over the country that even minor successes are sustainable, it doesn't all depend on some silly theory about how corrupt the GOP is, it depends on how much a single person is willing to do and sacrifice to make it work.

TheTexan
07-06-2013, 09:30 PM
What exactly is the strategy you purpose? The Alaska GOP is corrupt, sure. The corrupt elements like to operate like a mushroom in the dark. This isn't exactly front page news. At least we're taking the fight to them as opposed too sitting on our hands and letting the enemies of liberty get more entrenched and dictate things in your life. You can preach anarchism all you want, but at the end of the day you'll still be jumping through the hoops of your enemies. They touch your life every time you get a paycheck or fill up your gas tank.

Well, you can quit trying to divide us with words like anarchist. Because I'd be more than happy to work with you towards a constitutional government, and end there.

Anarchism has nothing to do with it. The strategy itself just doesn't work.

My strategy? The political part of my strategy, would be to NOT focus on liberty. Don't worry so much about getting liberty people elected at the state level. If you can - great, do it. If you're going to break your back and invest your life savings to make it happen, don't do it. Focus instead on identifying an issue. An issue that the state believes very strongly in, and disagrees with the Federal Government. Elect people on THAT issue. Elect people with a backbone on that issue. People who have the conviction and courage to stand against the FedGov, either through nullification, or secession.

We aren't going to reform the Republican party. Hell, we aren't going to reform this country. The best we can do, is try to return political power back to the people, through smaller and local government.

TheTexan
07-06-2013, 09:31 PM
lol, don't even try to make this about me. I didn't expect it to be a 'walk in the woods', what were you expecting to me to say? I don't stand on the sidelines and cheerlead...I'm actually doing this shit on the ground, I know the reality of investment of time in politics and what to expect in terms of victories.

Is it working?

eleganz
07-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Is it working?

Yes.

We control the executive board...the Chairman is scared of us and the Executive Director that the Chairman hand picked-quit in less than 4 months.

Like I said before, your theory that the GOP is corrupt to the bone doesn't control those that wish to stay and continue their fight. Those in Alaska CHOSE to leave the fight on THEIR terms. I'm not saying they made the wrong choice but they did make a choice to end it in one way or another and start building a new road.

Mr.NoSmile
07-06-2013, 09:39 PM
This is what it's about. Trying to reform a party, inch by inch. Like Bradley in North Carolina, there are going to be losses.

TheTexan
07-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Yes.

We control the executive board...the Chairman is scared of us and the Executive Director that the Chairman hand picked-quit in less than 4 months.

Glad to hear it. How much power do you have over LA? Is LA a freer place now, than what it was? (not a loaded question, I'm genuinely curious)

Like I said before, your theory that the GOP is corrupt to the bone doesn't control those that wish to stay and continue their fight. Those in Alaska CHOSE to leave the fight on THEIR terms. I'm not saying they made the wrong choice but they did make a choice to end it in one way or another and start building a new road.

Absolutely, continue to fight. Don't let me get in your way. I'm just here to present an opposing opinion. If you find later that I'm wrong, that sounds good to me.

TheTexan
07-06-2013, 09:41 PM
This is what it's about. Trying to reform a party, inch by inch. Like Bradley in North Carolina, there are going to be losses.

I asked him a long time ago if he thought he was making progress, or whether it was a lost cause, and he was very optimistic... at the time.

He seems more cynical, nowadays..

eleganz
07-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Glad to hear it. How much power do you have over LA? Is LA a freer place now, than what it was? (not a loaded question, I'm genuinely curious)

Absolutely, continue to fight. Don't let me get in your way. I'm just here to present an opposing opinion. If you find later that I'm wrong, that sounds good to me.

No, the GOP has almost no presence in California, the party is pathetic but isn't that what we call, "low hanging fruit"? The GOP has the power to do almost nothing here...

On the bright side, NDAA nullification has been doing extremely well and is likely to see full passage soon with the California legislature, and it was done by a Republican (I suppose he might qualify as a Ron Paul Republican to some but he doesn't with me, not fully).

lol, no you will not get in my way, that you don't have to worry about.

phill4paul
07-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Is it working?

Apparently not. Color me shocked.

HigherVision
07-06-2013, 10:03 PM

*continues posting on an internet forum*

Anarcho-Capitalist Strategy

Step 1 - Stop voting and supporting political candidates who are for limiting and reducing government. Voting is participating in the system and supports the state!!
Step 2 -
Step 3 - ANARCHY!

LibertyEagle
07-06-2013, 10:08 PM
bxm, reforming the Republican Party is not our goal. Our goal is to get our guys elected so that they can stop some of this crap that is going on. To do that, we have to go through one of the major political parties and most have chosen the GOP. To give our guys the best chance they can get to get elected, the more we have replaced the big government facet of the GOP in leadership, the easier we have it.

TheTexan
07-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Anarcho-Capitalist Strategy

Step 1 - Stop voting and supporting political candidates who are for limiting and reducing government. Voting is participating in the system and supports the state!!
Step 2 -
Step 3 - ANARCHY!

Nah, that's basically just Stefan Molyneux.

fr33
07-06-2013, 10:14 PM
bxm is just pointing out that we don't have the numbers on our side. It's healthy to realize that all your wins could quite easily be taken away by the sheep. But the political strategy is probably a better short term strategy than any anarchist promotes. The state will likely outlive most anarchists alive today and their grandkids.

TheTexan
07-06-2013, 10:19 PM
bxm, reforming the Republican Party is not our goal. Our goal is to get our guys elected so that they can stop some of this crap that is going on. To do that, we have to go through one of the major political parties and most have chosen the GOP. To give our guys the best chance they can get to get elected, the more we have replaced the big government facet of the GOP in leadership, the easier we have it.

Well, the thing is, there's diminishing returns on how much success we can have doing that. We can get a few people elected. But once we actually threaten to make real, tangible changes, there is a groundswell in opposition to take us back down a notch.

The problem isn't the GOP. Yes, they are corrupt, cheating, and rulebreaking, etc. Yes, it would be a lot easier to get elected if that wasn't going on. But why is that going on? Why are they cheating? Is it because they are cheaters? Or is it because our liberty is so extremely distasteful to them, that they will do whatever it takes to keep us out?

Let's say we do somehow take over the leadership. We get Ron Paul people counting the ballots, and we get fair elections. We will still lose. I'm sorry, but we will. Yes, we will win more than before, but still not enough to make a difference.

The problem isn't the GOP. The problem is the people. They don't like liberty, and however hard we work to give them freedom, they will outnumber us and work even harder to oppose us.

HigherVision
07-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Nah, that's basically just Stefan Molyneux.

"Spread the message", maybe that's step 2. Ignoring that the overwhelming majority of people are not receptive to the message no matter how much you want them to. Which is why I engage in politics, because there's a better chance of winning over around half the voters in an election than winning over almost everyone in society. I mean these people

http://www.lookingattheleft.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Unions-vs-Tea-Pty_0030-2.jpg

are never going to become free market anarchists. And neither are these two

http://wolf.house.gov/images/user_images/New_Black_Panther_Party.jpg

The problem isn't the GOP. The problem is the people. They don't like liberty, and however hard we work to give them freedom, they will outnumber us and work even harder to oppose us.

Now you're speaking my language brother.

Rocco
07-07-2013, 07:55 AM
If you think that the push to reform the GOP (which I would disagree with LE, that is a major goal of ours) is not working you're not paying attention. Yes what happened in Alaska is awful, but do you guys really think that this coup can hold? The only way it can possibly happen is if our guys just give up. We swept in and took over a LOT in Alaska, and we can do it again. If we continue to outvote them at conventions in Alaska we will become the leadership, what the leadership was able to pull off here is not sustainable.

But even if it were, that does not erase the gains in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nebraska, Maine, Michigan, South Carolina, Nevada, Minnesota, etc. Hell, we're even getting gains all the time in states where the liberty movement has a lot less presence than those ones. I am not giving up, I will continue to fight for liberty in the GOP, and when I see people crapping on our efforts or saying "see it doesn't work" when something goes wrong whilst ignoring the NUMEROUS victories we have had it angers me. This is a fight we are winning and will continue to win in the future, so long as we all STAY INVOLVED and keep working. Well, I'm off to go canvass for petition signatures for the 100% pro liberty, Ron Paulite county legislature candidate whom I helped get nominated and endorsed by the more moderate county chairman through my work in the GOP. Imagine that.

Sincerely,

Rocco Lucente
Chairman, Town of Ulysses GOP

JK/SEA
07-07-2013, 08:45 AM
If you think that the push to reform the GOP (which I would disagree with LE, that is a major goal of ours) is not working you're not paying attention. Yes what happened in Alaska is awful, but do you guys really think that this coup can hold? The only way it can possibly happen is if our guys just give up. We swept in and took over a LOT in Alaska, and we can do it again. If we continue to outvote them at conventions in Alaska we will become the leadership, what the leadership was able to pull off here is not sustainable.

But even if it were, that does not erase the gains in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nebraska, Maine, Michigan, South Carolina, Nevada, Minnesota, etc. Hell, we're even getting gains all the time in states where the liberty movement has a lot less presence than those ones. I am not giving up, I will continue to fight for liberty in the GOP, and when I see people crapping on our efforts or saying "see it doesn't work" when something goes wrong whilst ignoring the NUMEROUS victories we have had it angers me. This is a fight we are winning and will continue to win in the future, so long as we all STAY INVOLVED and keep working. Well, I'm off to go canvass for petition signatures for the 100% pro liberty, Ron Paulite county legislature candidate whom I helped get nominated and endorsed by the more moderate county chairman through my work in the GOP. Imagine that.

Sincerely,

Rocco Lucente
Chairman, Town of Ulysses GOP

plus rep.

torchbearer
07-07-2013, 08:50 AM
this just make a good case that after the revolution, all the statist be round up and deported or executed on the spot.
it won't keep the statist disease from re-appearing, but it will slow its growth.

without the removal of the statist- they will filter right back into the system.
mordor is always calling to them.

FSP-Rebel
07-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Yes, we will win more than before, but still not enough to make a difference.

I imagine by saying "we" you're implying the segment of the liberty movement that is actively engaged in political reforms in the GOP yet you appear to not be in the category, correct me if I'm mistaken. On one hand and I'm just using my bunch and related allies up here in MI as an example but we put up a good challenge to the current state chair and went down 52-48% and were outspent 30-1. Yet, since that time 6 months ago the MIC4L has grown significantly all over the state and most of the county coordinators and higher level activists have been trained in these 8 hr leadership seminars. We also just tabled medicaid exchanges here by owning the state senate much to the chagrin of the Governor. It'll be brought back up again but we'll be stronger and full intent on finishing it off once and for all. Notice, I haven't even mentioned a thing about electing a candidate to governmental office yet we've already made our brand stronger in the party by stopping a sitting Gov who's been bought off by HMOs and insurance companies. The amazing amount of pressure we put on the senators is the sole reason for our success and it's really only an irate minority pulling this off. Fact is, those that think this is a losing cause should really attempt to take one of these C4L/YAL leadership classes and you'll get all the political and activism ammo you need to do similar things in your area and build your group. I'm not at liberty to say what actual % of voters you need to really win the election as there's no point in tipping off our opposition but suffice it to say that that window is easily activated our way with the appropriate GOTV efforts.

While you can say that the people are the problem, there's ways to craft your positions via polling and consulting to make them the winning issues for the majority of those that are voting in elections. One thing you'll learn at these workshops is that education is meaningless as you'll see that pretty much everyone that would fit in the liberty camp is very educated on the issues but are off doing different things in many different directions and not focusing on what works as a team. So in reality, mobilization is the only thing that matters and you just need to bring the low info voters your way w/o the sermon on principles and the lot. Special elections, open primaries and non-incumbent generals are where we can have our biggest effects and the most victories in the political arena. Taking on incumbents in primaries and generals is where we must network with a wide variety of similar minded groups to take on such massive feats.