PDA

View Full Version : Soccer referee decapitated after stabbing player to death in Brazil

DGambler
07-06-2013, 08:12 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2013/07/06/soccer-referee-decapitated-brazil-stabbing-maranhao/2495199/

SAO PAULO (AP) — Police say enraged spectators invaded a football field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body after he stabbed a player to death.

The Public Safety Department of the state of Maranhao says in a statement that it all started when referee Otavio da Silva expelled player Josenir Abreu from a game last weekend. The two got into a fist fight, then Silva took out a knife and stabbed Abreu, who died on his way to the hospital.

The statement issued this week says Abreu's friends and relatives immediately "rushed into the field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body."

Local news media say the spectators also decapitated Silva and stuck his head on a stake in the middle of the field.

Police have arrested one suspect.

World Cup is going to be interesting, don't think I'll try to go now.

Smart3
07-06-2013, 08:14 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37734424.jpg

Dr.3D
07-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Bet the ref doesn't do that again.

TheTexan
07-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Sounds like an efficient justice system

brushfire
07-06-2013, 08:16 PM
..and people say target shooting is a dangerous sport.

donnay
07-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Those Brazilians take their soccer serious! If memory serves me, Pelé was from Brazil.

puppetmaster
07-06-2013, 08:55 PM
People are stupid over sports.....idiots
Around here you would think it is the end of the world because the giants are losing......

donnay
07-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Around here you would think it is the end of the world because the giants are losing......

Bread and circuses!

It's a shame most people don't take Liberty as serious!

ghengis86
07-06-2013, 09:13 PM

I never understood the devotion to a sport and/or sports team, and I was all-state in three sports, played football in college and love playing just about any sport, from getting beat by my wife in tennis (she's awesome) to ultimate frisbee to pickup basketball games at the park with complete strangers. I even have favorite teams in every sport that I 'root' for and love to see them win. But if they lose, meh... I couldn't care less if I can even watch the games. I'll catch the score in the paper or Espn.com and the write up. It's just a mild hobby.

But you'd think some of my friends parents just died when 'their team' loses. It ruins their whole day/week and they turn into little bitches.

My theory: people have been stripped of any ability to be secure in themselves and have lost any sense of personal identity. In part, this is the purpose of cultural Marxism which seeks to eliminate self identifying morals, norms or culture. Without anything to believe in or identify with, people attach themselves to anything and everything with the devotion and dedication that people in the past once reserved for family, friends, their work ethic and generally their personal integrity. Being a fan of a team or a sport gives people a group to identify with that has the same common interest; can share in their joy and pain; and gives them a place to pour their pent up need to be a part of something larger than themselves. Pretty much a collective of group think in which they can feel secure and welcomed do long as they say and do the right things.

To an individualist looking in from the outside, it's ridiculous.

Dr.3D
07-06-2013, 09:16 PM
I never understood the devotion to a sport and/or sports team, and I was all-state in three sports, played football in college and love playing just about any sport, from getting beat by my wife in tennis (she's awesome) to ultimate frisbee to pickup basketball games at the park with complete strangers. I even have favorite teams in every sport that I 'root' for and love to see them win. But if they lose, meh... I couldn't care less if I can even watch the games. I'll catch the score in the paper or Espn.com and the write up. It's just a mild hobby.

But you'd think some of my friends parents just died when 'their team' loses. It ruins their whole day/week and they turn into little bitches.

My theory: people have been stripped of any ability to be secure in themselves and have lost any sense of personal identity. In part, this is the purpose of cultural Marxism which seeks to eliminate self identifying morals, norms or culture. Without anything to believe in or identify with, people attach themselves to anything and everything with the devotion and dedication that people in the past once reserved for family, friends, their work ethic and generally their personal integrity. Being a fan of a team or a sport gives people a group to identify with that has the same common interest; can share in their joy and pain; and gives them a place to pour their pent up need to be a part of something larger than themselves. Pretty much a collective of group think in which they can feel secure and welcomed do long as they say and do the right things.

And that sir is why I believe people will firmly attach themselves to a flag and practice what I call false patriotism.

Origanalist
07-06-2013, 10:31 PM

How so??

puppetmaster
07-06-2013, 10:35 PM

To an individualist looking in from the outside, it's ridiculous. sounds about right!

nano1895
07-06-2013, 11:36 PM
There's video / pictures of the body in the field and in the hospital on liveleak. It's pretty graphic, so search at your own discretion.

heavenlyboy34
07-06-2013, 11:54 PM

Individual and 1 on 1 sports FTW! :D If you're looking for individualist sports, martial arts are your thing. Whether it's fighting or solo forms/exhibition, it's all feats of individuals. :cool: Solo sports are the most satisfying, IMO.

Did you know judo is the second most popular sport in teh world? :) Not surprisingly, there are more people looking for individual greatness outside teh Homeland.

Schifference
07-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Obama like sports maybe we can get him to go to Brazil & ref a game or two.

heavenlyboy34
07-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Well, gymnastics and track/field offer some good individual events as well.

WhistlinDave
07-07-2013, 01:13 AM

You're right. I've never understood how emotionally involved some people can become with "their" teams. I've always said sports are soap operas for guys. They tie up all this emotional energy in the ongoing outcomes of events that have nothing to do with their own real life, cheering when good things happen, getting upset when bad things happen, and all of it has no real bearing on anything except the meaning they give it in their own minds. (Of course these days it's not just for guys; plenty of chicks get into sports too. Usually with a little more level-headedness though, at least the ones I know.)

I think my soap opera analogy falls a little short though when people start putting the ref's head on a stake. Damn....

Demigod
07-07-2013, 02:06 AM
There was a video of him in the hospital,they also cut off his legs and arms.That escalated quickly.The lower leagues are badly organized everywhere,the athletes don't know how to control them self's nor do they want to and the referees do it as a part time job and in time they get more and more bitter about how they are treated by everyone ( that is why he was carrying a knife ) + they start doing their job with the basic minimum of effort.

Nobexliberty
07-07-2013, 04:28 AM

You have never been a hardcore soccer fan in europe. They fight and sometimes even die for their teams because of the excitement of the sport and loyalty to their team.

tod evans
07-07-2013, 04:55 AM
The "circus" part of "Bread and Circuses"..

chudrockz
07-07-2013, 06:39 AM
People really do take sports FAR too seriously. I just don't care about any of it, really.

Like at work. I live in Minnesota, and when the Vikings have a game on Sunday (or Saturday, or whenever the hell football games are normally played) EVERYONE besides me and like one or two people is decked out in purple. I don't think I even OWN a piece of purple clothing, and if I did happen to wear it on a "cheer for the Vikes" day at work it would be pure coincidence.

presence
07-07-2013, 07:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E16apUWe1Ok (not video of incident)

Published on Jul 6, 2013
Brazil Soccer Ref decapitated after stabbing player | Fans kill Quarter football referee in Brazil ||
Brazil soccer ref decapitated after stabbing player, police say
Josenir Abreu dies from stab wound after fight on field, friends and family stone and quarter referee Otavio da Silva, put head on stake in field, Brazilian police say.

SAO PAULO—Police say enraged spectators invaded a football field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body after he stabbed a player to death.

The Public Safety Department of the state of Maranhao said in a statement that the incident started when referee Otavio da Silva expelled player Josenir Abreu from a game last weekend. The two got into a fistfight, then Silva took out a knife and stabbed Abreu, who died on his way to the hospital.

The statement issued this week says Abreu's friends and relatives immediately "rushed into the field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body."

Local news media say the spectators also decapitated Silva and stuck his head on a stake in the middle of the field.

Police have arrested one suspect.

Brazil soccer ref decapitated after stabbing player, police say: Josenir Abreu dies from stab wound af... http://t.co/DDEVyCmuRR #soccer
@StarSports 58 minutes ago
Brazil soccer ref decapitated after stabbing player, police say | Toronto Star Josenir Abreu dies from stab wound after fight on field, friends and family stone and quarter referee Otavio da Silva, put head on stake in field, Brazilian police say.

Read more at www.thestar.com
submit to reddit Related Tweets

@LibertyBelleJ @LibertyBelleJ : Fans kill and quarter football referee in Brazil http://t.co/DK0LbdhYiJ 32 minutes ago
more »
Fans kill and quarter football referee in Brazil SAO PAULO (AP) — Police say enraged spectators invaded a football field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body after he stabbed a player to death.The Public Safety Department of the state of Maranhao says in a statement that it all started when referee Otavio da Silva expelled player Josenir Abreu from a game last weekend. The two got into a fist fight, then Silva took out a knife and stabbed Abreu, who died on his way to the hospital.The statement issued this week says Abreu's friends and relatives immediately "rushed into the field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body."Local news media say the spectators also decapitated Silva and stuck his head on a stake in the middle of the field.Police have arrested one suspect. ...

bigstory.ap.org
@HuffPostWorld @HuffPostWorld : Soccer ref killed and beheaded by fans in Brazil after fatally stabbing player http://t.co/2MvzaVU2va 1 hour ago
more »
Soccer Referee Killed And Quartered By Fans In Brazil After Fatally Stabbing Player: POLICE SAO PAULO -- Police say enraged spectators invaded a football field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body after he stabbed a player to death. The Public Safety Department of the state of Maranhao says in a statement that it all started when referee Otavio da Silva expelled player Josenir Abreu from a game last weekend. ...

www.huffingtonpost.com
@InfidelAlie @InfidelAlie : Brazilian Fans Behead Soccer Ref During Game http://t.co/sDdKQHU7fP WTF 2 hours ago
more »
Brazilian Fans Behead Soccer Ref During Game « Pat Dollard SAO PAULO (AP) — Police say enraged spectators invaded a football field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body after he stabbed a player to death. The Public Safety Department of the state of Maranhao says in a statement that it all started when referee Otavio da Silva expelled player Josenir Abreu from... ...

patdollard.com
@moorehn @moorehn : Soccer referee quartered, head on a pike after stabbing a fan. http://t.co/xnZNwWnT9e 2 hours ago
more »
@pbondi @pbondi : Decapitation and quartering adds a whole new dimension of spectacle to the Rio Olympics 2016: http://t.co/0g65GKZnAh 3 hours ago
more »
@RussContreras @RussContreras : Fans kill, decapitate soccer referee in Brazil (@AP news) http://t.co/7EnwFMmv1e @MiltonValencia 3 hours ago
more »
@jaketapper @jaketapper : "Local news media say the spectators also decapitated (the referee) and stuck his head on a stake" http://t.co/jqcWTkTavp 3 hours ago
more »
@peterdaou @peterdaou : If for the slightest moment you think humans are civilized, read this: http://t.co/vkAflaauAA via @jonlovett 3 hours ago
more »
@dandrezner @dandrezner : Baseball tweeps who complain about #Umpshow -- it could be worse: http://t.co/siNzB2sTOX 3 hours ago
more »
@mattyglesias @mattyglesias : Tough game: http://t.co/MYe7IW0yrE 4 hours ago
more »
@brianbeutler @brianbeutler : Morning after: "Hey guys, remember when we #decapitated that dude?" http://t.co/4Vzw7Glvrf 4 hours ago
more »
@maxkeiser @maxkeiser : Fans kill and behead referee at football game in Brazil after ref stabbed player (can bankers be far behind? #hope) http://t.co/DQbq9H4V9w ...

donnay
07-07-2013, 07:34 AM
A scene from the movie Michael Collins. Bloody Sunday 1920.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9i7SnvrBOMU/UKwcHwy_VhI/AAAAAAAADco/6QQ266mCrQo/s320/a529.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiQRkK1tyg

PaulConventionWV
07-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Remember, this isn't just about the sports. The referee killed someone. He's supposed to be impartial. How they took things to such an extreme is beyond me, but it does look like it might have something to do with the "wild sports fan" factor. That ref should have known he would be in trouble when he decided to do that. Why did he follow through?

oyarde
07-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Maybe we need to sponsor a Liberty team.

Working Poor
07-07-2013, 09:56 AM
OMG :O

tangent4ronpaul
07-07-2013, 10:05 AM
hmmm... an unpopular action results in:

being stoned to death
having your body quartered
and
having your head stuck on a pike in the middle of a field

Ya Know! - I think we might have just found a solution to DC's corruption problem....

;)

-t

tangent4ronpaul
07-07-2013, 10:13 AM
People really do take sports FAR too seriously. I just don't care about any of it, really.

Like at work. I live in Minnesota, and when the Vikings have a game on Sunday (or Saturday, or whenever the hell football games are normally played) EVERYONE besides me and like one or two people is decked out in purple. I don't think I even OWN a piece of purple clothing, and if I did happen to wear it on a "cheer for the Vikes" day at work it would be pure coincidence.

Sports teams and the fools that follow them ROCK!

Every time there is a game, you can go shopping and there will be NO LINES! - AWESOME, right?

On the down side, they built a stadium a few blocks from a library I use, and whenever there is a game you can't fine a parking space within a mile of it :(

-t

torchbearer
07-07-2013, 10:16 AM
goodell got off like a bandit.
though he was covered in security at the super bowl, and couldn't go outside of his security parameters.

MelissaWV
07-07-2013, 10:17 AM
It would have been more interesting if the referee were decapitated before stabbing the player to death.

(I think I've watched too many horror movies...)

BlackTerrel
07-07-2013, 10:22 AM
The Public Safety Department of the state of Maranhao says in a statement that it all started when referee Otavio da Silva expelled player Josenir Abreu from a game last weekend. The two got into a fist fight, then Silva took out a knife and stabbed Abreu, who died on his way to the hospital.

And it escalated because the ref brought a knife to a fistfight. Now two people are dead when it could have ended with slight injuries and both guys move on with their lives. Sad.

Reminds me of a case here in the US where someone brought a gun to a fistfight. Similar outcome.

oyarde
07-07-2013, 10:25 AM
It would have been more interesting if the referee were decapitated before stabbing the player to death.

(I think I've watched too many horror movies...)

I never watch that stuff . Too scary for me .

BlackTerrel
07-07-2013, 10:25 AM

That's way too simplistic. I think it's ingrained in us as guys. Why else would it be so cross cultural - Brazil, Japan, China, Iran, Israel, Spain, the US - name 'em all. Name me a country where sports isn't a huge deal. These countries have wildly different cultures - why are they all so into sports?

By the way compared to countries in Europe and South America we here actually take our sports far less seriously than they do.

HOLLYWOOD
07-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Well one of my favorites, Hmm... Notice the name of the television broadcaster on the Fresnel light?
Bread and circuses!

It's a shame most people don't take Liberty as serious!

The "circus" part of "Bread and Circuses"..
Bread and Circuses (Star Trek: The Original Series)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_and_Circuses_%28Star_Trek:_The_Original_Seri es%29

http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media/images/200303/tos-043-the-master-of-the-game/320x240.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=-bxMBdw7lXD98M&tbnid=IYLQPPC0jaGNqM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.startrek.com%2Fdatabase_artic le%2Fbread-and-circuses&ei=brDZUYaXBYWEiwLU2YGIDw&bvm=bv.48705608,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNFbW1pV8VmQARQFXDy1IbIVxA80xg&ust=1373307365969126)http://thesestonewalls.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Bread-and-Circuses-Intro.png (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=I8izCeoexsC9HM&tbnid=eaK6pf4Gf71DvM:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthesestonewalls.com%2Fgordon-macrae%2Fphasers-on-stun-mr-spock-captain-kirks-star-trek-epiphany%2F&ei=f7PZUeOFEarpiwKzl4HYCg&bvm=bv.48705608,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNFErJ5Uvia8nbBLLsKO7sIw4zzTTA&ust=1373308145883612)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3b/STBreadCircus.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:STBreadCircus.jpg)

chudrockz
07-07-2013, 01:39 PM

Every time there is a game, you can go shopping and there will be NO LINES! - AWESOME, right?

On the down side, they built a stadium a few blocks from a library I use, and whenever there is a game you can't fine a parking space within a mile of it :(

-t

On the "even more" downside, it's not "they" that build a stadium. They steal my money at gunpoint, then use it to build one. I HATE that.

jmdrake
07-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Those Brazilians take their soccer serious! If memory serves me, Pelé was from Brazil.

In Columbia they kill you for scoring for the wrong team.

http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-q/2010/06/remember-the-colombian-soccer-player-who-got-killed-after-scoring-an-own-goal-well-they-made-an-incr.html

In this case I think it's more about revenge killing than soccer though. Hey, the ref thought his life was in danger! And the soccer star had some purple drank!

FrancisMarion
07-07-2013, 02:04 PM
The ref was officiating with a knife in possession? Hmmm. Expecting some trouble?

amy31416
07-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Are there kids at these soccer matches? Jesus.

Son of Detroit
07-07-2013, 04:51 PM
They probably did it out of the boredom of watching a soccer game.

juleswin
07-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Remember, this isn't just about the sports. The referee killed someone. He's supposed to be impartial. How they took things to such an extreme is beyond me, but it does look like it might have something to do with the "wild sports fan" factor. That ref should have known he would be in trouble when he decided to do that. Why did he follow through?

Right on, you read posts jumping to "bread and circuses" explanation like the govt had anything to do with it and then other are putting all the blame on the game like the initial murder never happened. Football is the beautiful game and only the haters will bash the most popular and most played sport in the world because there was one violent incident in a million matches played.

Btw this is the real football, one you actually play with your feet and not hands.

PaulConventionWV
07-07-2013, 05:21 PM

-t

Wow, that must be great. I would go there all the time to avoid parking fines.

Brian Coulter
07-07-2013, 05:27 PM
And it escalated because the ref brought a knife to a fistfight. Now two people are dead when it could have ended with slight injuries and both guys move on with their lives. Sad.

Reminds me of a case here in the US where someone brought a gun to a fistfight. Similar outcome.

Boo fucking hoo. There is no such thing as a fist fight between strangers. "Fist fights" are reserved for brothers, friends, cousins and that's about it. When I was young and foolish, I got into a "fist fight" with a stranger and ended up getting cracked in the head with a brick.

PaulConventionWV
07-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Right on, you read posts jumping to "bread and circuses" explanation like the govt had anything to do with it and then other are putting all the blame on the game like the initial murder never happened. Football is the beautiful game and only the haters will bash the most popular and most played sport in the world because there was one violent incident in a million matches played.

Btw this is the real football, one you actually play with your feet and not hands.

Haha, nice jab there.

The people who did this, I must admit, seem quite barbaric. I can't imagine how something like that would happen here, and I can't believe the wreck it would have on my conscience if I, in a fit of rage, killed someone and sawed their head off, murderer or no murderer.

PaulConventionWV
07-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Boo fucking hoo. There is no such thing as a fist fight between strangers. "Fist fights" are reserved for brothers, friends, cousins and that's about it. When I was young and foolish, I got into a "fist fight" with a stranger and ended up getting cracked in the head with a brick.

Oh, yeah, totally. Bitch had it coming, right? /s

Anti Federalist
07-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Nail, meet Hammer.

+rep

Brian Coulter
07-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Oh, yeah, totally. Bitch had it coming, right? /s

I take it you've never been put in that situation? I've also seen a man stabbed in what was supposed to be a fist fight. All fights with strangers are a fight for your life because you really have no idea what the other guy is thinking or what he's capable of. I would never start pounding on a stranger because, I'm not a dick and I don't want to get my ass shot, stabbed or bludgeoned.

Carson
07-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Severed heads and not touching them with your hands sounds like soccer getting back to its roots.

juleswin
07-07-2013, 05:56 PM
They probably did it out of the boredom of watching a soccer game.

If it was a result of boredom of watching a game, we would have already seen it in baseball and golf before we see it in football :)

Ender
07-07-2013, 06:53 PM

Was just thinking the same thing. ;)

jtstellar
07-08-2013, 03:21 AM

it's more like people don't understand sports.. the essence is performance under rule and restraint, how you strategize and exploit without violating the rules. It is supposed to be a testament of wit and will with the premise to entertain and to inspire.

people who won't hesitate to violate rules and sportsmanship the second referee is absent or not watching don't understand the essence of sports at all. In a way it is quite true, with the way culturally most sports fans are today, i quite frankly have no interest in any televised sport either. These massive organizations are just supplying the mass with what they want.

Mani
07-08-2013, 04:15 AM
I know the articles are trying to spin this as Crazy Soccer fans, BEHEAD ref.

But realize a man was murdered in front of his family and friends, I don't think it's unexpected the MOB of family and friends would seek revenge and kill the guy.

The beheading and ripping apart the body is extreme (not sure what that accomplishes), but I don't think it's surprising that a family would kill someone would murdered their son/brother in cold blood in front of them.

cjm
07-08-2013, 06:20 AM

Bet the ref doesn't do that again.

Sounds like an efficient justice system

Or maybe the ref was just defending himself when attacked by the player he just ejected from the game? The idea that it was mutual comes from one line in an AP story that "the two got into a fist fight" but I have to wonder about that.

BlackTerrel
07-08-2013, 07:36 AM

Did the soccer player have a brick on him? Would have likely slowed his movement down during the game.

When I was a kid I used to play basketball every day at a court near my house. Things would sometimes get heated and it wasn't unusual for a fight to break out. Never much happened and I remember even after fights with kids a day later we'd be friends again and all would be forgotten. Till one guy (who sucked at basketball by the way) brought a gun to the court and started shooting once during a fight. He was an idiot and a terrible aim and luckily no one got worse than a flesh wound. But it did break up the game for a few months and we tried to avoid the guy after that.

By the way the guy who escalated it - a few years ago I found out on facebook that he'd been shot by someone else.

You escalate fights and eventually it'll get on you.

I'm sure Brazil sees many fist fights on the field - it ended with two people dead because someone took out a knife.

tangent4ronpaul
07-08-2013, 07:41 AM
On the "even more" downside, it's not "they" that build a stadium. They steal my money at gunpoint, then use it to build one. I HATE that.

Completely agree - probably my #1 Pet Peeve, right up there with building highways at taxpayer expense and gifting them to buddies to maintain and turn into a toll road. In either case, you get robbed to build it, and robbed again if you use "your property".

I'm really amazed what some people are willing to pay for a ticket - let alone a hotdog!
Similar reason for why I boycott movie theaters...

-t

Smart3
07-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Or maybe the ref was just defending himself when attacked by the player he just ejected from the game? The idea that it was mutual comes from one line in an AP story that "the two got into a fist fight" but I have to wonder about that.
Even if the ref was just defending himself, he killed a man who didn't want to kill him and was unarmed. Self-defense is killing someone who has intent to kill you and the necessary instruments to do so (a knife, a machete, a gun, etc)

the crowd's reaction was understandable. They wanted justice for a murder they had just witnessed and that's why I posted "good".

Dr.3D
07-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Even if the ref was just defending himself, he killed a man who didn't want to kill him and was unarmed. Self-defense is killing someone who has intent to kill you and the necessary instruments to do so (a knife, a machete, a gun, etc)

the crowd's reaction was understandable. They wanted justice for a murder they had just witnessed and that's why I posted "good".
Actually, self defense is just that. The other person doesn't even have to have a weapon.

BlackTerrel
07-08-2013, 09:25 PM

This.

BlackTerrel
07-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Actually, self defense is just that. The other person doesn't even have to have a weapon.

So anytime you are in a fight you are justified in killing a man?

If that were the case we'd have a lot more death than we do currently.

Icymudpuppy
07-08-2013, 09:32 PM

I take it you've never been in a real fistfight. People can and do die in fistfights.

Dr.3D
07-08-2013, 09:41 PM
So anytime you are in a fight you are justified in killing a man?

If that were the case we'd have a lot more death than we do currently.

I'm an old man, if somebody comes up to me and starts punching me in the face, I'll do anything I feel is necessary to make them stop.

Edit:
And the person who initiated the assault wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they were shot in the process.

People need to start understanding that assault is assault, weapon or not. If you assault somebody, you should expect you might get shot for doing so.

Smart3
07-08-2013, 10:54 PM

I'm not a lawyer, but if what you say is true in most states or all states, then I'm definitely going to work to fix that. You can't just go around killing people who f-ck with you. I prefer my definition of self-defense as it saves lives. Which should be our aim here, not playing what if games. Two men are dead, one of them deserved it.

Dr.3D
07-08-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm not a lawyer, but if what you say is true in most states or all states, then I'm definitely going to work to fix that. You can't just go around killing people who f-ck with you. I prefer my definition of self-defense as it saves lives. Which should be our aim here, not playing what if games. Two men are dead, one of them deserved it.
Yeah, the one who initiated the violence deserved it. Fists can be and are often a deadly weapon.

I suggest those who can't control themselves and feel the need to go around punching people, get psychiatric help so they don't inadvertently put themselves in danger of being shot.

enhanced_deficit
07-08-2013, 11:18 PM

I would rather people treat their sport as a war than treat war as a sport.

Although our version of football is not as healthy as some other sports.

puppetmaster
07-09-2013, 12:05 AM
[QUOTE=DGambler;5113237]http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2013/07/06/soccer-referee-decapitated-brazil-stabbing-maranhao/2495199/

World Cup is going to be interesting, don't think I'll try to go now.[/QUOTE

Tooob or it didn't happen.....]

kcchiefs6465
07-09-2013, 12:12 AM
There's a tube of it.

(if headlines are true)

Search around you'll find it. (graphic..) Of course.

Demigod
07-09-2013, 12:37 AM
The player probably started the fight and it is all his fault but the referee should not have carried a knife on the field.All of this regional amateur leagues are the same everywhere .The home team always wins ( unless they sold out the game ) and if it doesn't things get to escalate.To referee in those games is a nightmare but no one is forcing them.

He was probably beaten a few times before,or threatened but he should not have had a knife on him.Half the fans are family and local population ( and this teams are almost all from rural communities or ghettos ), how the hell did he thought that he was going to get out of there alive after he has just stabbed one of their relatives/friends.Sometimes escalating the situation is a very bad idea.