PDA

View Full Version : NYC-Woman sues NYPD over sexual assault during "Stop and Frisk".

Anti Federalist
07-06-2013, 06:25 PM
They undid my clothes, peered into my underwear: College kid sues NYPD over stop-and-frisk in Williamsburg

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/stop_sue_by_klyn_gal_8mwCHZnYQDlu0H0aSssefP

Here’s someone who might agree with Mayor Bloomberg’s controversial comment about whites being subjected to stop-and-frisk “too much.”

A white, vegan, 22-year-old Bard College graduate is suing the NYPD after cops allegedly violently stopped her on a Williamsburg street last year — and then frisked her to the point of a semi-strip search.

“My face and stomach were on the hood,” environmentalist and animal lover Samantha Rosenbaum told The Post, who claims in a Brooklyn federal court lawsuit filed this week that she was thrown against an unmarked police car in broad daylight, for no apparent reason, on July 17, 2012.

“I don’t think anyone, no matter what color you are, deserves to be treated like that.”

The case comes less than a week after the mayor drew heat by claiming whites are stopped and frisked at a higher rate than minorities relative to the number of offenders of each race.

“She thought she was getting kidnapped,” her lawyer, Michael Goldstein, said of the confrontation, which the suit alleges also involved a female cop opening Rosenbaum’s clothing and peering inside her bra and her under pants.

At the time, Rosenbaum, of Essex County, NJ, was interning at Vaute Couture on Grand Street, a vegan clothing store .

On her way back from a work errand at the post office, she noticed a kitten behind a gate in a nearby alley.

The 5-foot-1, 110-pound woman was squatting to coo at the kitty when all hell broke loose, according to the suit.

“Hey, stop!” a strange man yelled from inside a gold sedan.

“He was really aggressive,” Rosenbaum recalled. “I had no idea who he was, [so] I just kept walking.”

A man and woman ran from the car, threw her against it, and demanded to know why she hadn’t stopped and whether she had drugs, the suit alleges.

“This whole time, I didn’t know who these people are,” she told The Post. “Finally, after a few minutes, they tell me they are police.”

They weren’t having any of her “just stopping to look at a kitty” story, she said.

“I offered to show them the cat,” she said. “They had two people on top of me, and my arm was really hurting.”

It got worse from there, the suit claims.

As passers-by gawked, the female cop lifted up Rosenbaum’s tank top, pulled back her bra and peered inside, the suit claims.

The officer then pulled open Rosenbaum’s jean shorts and took another intrusive peek — inside her underwear, the suit claims.

“Multiple times, the defendant officers threatened to take plaintiff down to the police station and write her up for [a] felony,” the suit says.

“At this point, I’m just sobbing,” she said.

Finally, she said, “they told me they didn’t want me to have a bad impression of cops so they were going to let me go.”

“This is a very nice young lady,” said her lawyer. “This was a false arrest and imprisonment. It’s assault.”

City Law Department spokeswoman Kate O’Brien Ahlers said, ”The city will evaluate the claim,”

tod evans
07-06-2013, 06:30 PM
City Law Department spokeswoman Kate O’Brien Ahlers said, ”The city will evaluate the claim,”

Gee whiz, wonder what their conclusion will be?

Anti Federalist
07-06-2013, 06:32 PM

Ooo Ooo....I know this!!!!

Ummm...

"Policy was followed. The officer's actions were justified."

Am I right???

Antischism
07-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Fucking loathe the NYPD.

green73
07-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Haha newyorkers, you stupid fuckers.

tod evans
07-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Wall it off and flood it!

green73
07-06-2013, 06:34 PM
I bet she voted the fuhrer as well.

kcchiefs6465
07-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Good.

And men should come forward as well.

Class action that bullshit.

They do this daily to thousands of people. Not just in NYC, everywhere. It's demoralizing, dehumanizing and violating. Not to mention it will make you flinch which then gives them an excuse to beat your ass. "STOP RESISTING" MF I'm not resisting you just squeezed my balls. And all because of what?

I hope this lady has brand new police car doors the settlement is so high. Truth be told some of that money should go towards billboards and commercials next time the police want people to agree to a tax increase. At least that's how I'd spend some of my small fortune.

Origanalist
07-06-2013, 06:37 PM

I'm sure it will be to admit they were totally out of line, fire the officers and offer the young woman compensation for her suffering.

(stealing AF's gif) http://i.imgur.com/TDwk5NI.gif

Anti Federalist
07-06-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm sure it will be to admit they were totally out of line, fire the officers and offer the young woman compensation for her suffering.

(stealing AF's gif) http://i.imgur.com/TDwk5NI.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/1a36f63d61b4bad44244164a51c333c0/tumblr_mj0sbwVxPx1r4ugi5o1_500.gif

Anti Federalist
07-06-2013, 06:43 PM
They do this daily to thousands of people. Not just in NYC, everywhere. It's demoralizing, dehumanizing and violating. Not to mention it will make you flinch which then gives them an excuse to beat your ass. "STOP RESISTING"!

You see, if a "perp" turns away from you, that's "uncooperative" because because he or she may be about to run away or take a swing at you.

And if a "perp" turns towards you, that's "uncooperative" because he or she may be about to run at you or take a swing at you.

And if a "perp" just stands still and does nothing, that's "uncooperative" because he or she may be thinking about running away or taking a swing at you.

And if a "perp" looks at you, that's a "de-humanizing" stare and will result in arrest.

Scrapmo
07-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Finally, she said, “they told me they didn’t want me to have a bad impression of cops so they were going to let me go.”

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/beginners-corner/666954d1359601749-quick-release-7efc0b3f_not_sure_if_serious_jack_nicholson_the_sh ining.jpeg

Anti Federalist
07-06-2013, 07:27 PM
A RPF member asked me about the "fisherman" quote in my sig line.

~~~~

All the "Laughing Jack" gifs are taken from the movie One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Between that and Easy Rider, it pretty much cemented Jack Nicholson as a Hollywood star.

There is a scene in "Cuckoo" where he sneaks all the patients out of the tyrannical insane asylum that they are in and "borrows" a small fishing vessel to take them all out fishing.

They all do fine, and step away from their insanity, if just for a few hours.

Jack looks down from the flying bridge and hollers at them all:

"You see??!! You're not nuts, you're fishermen!!!"

I am a sailor and a fishermen and I feel these days like a sane man committed to a tyrannical asylum.

So I identify with the character and the quote.

If you have never seen the movie, go, now and watch it.

amy31416
07-06-2013, 07:36 PM
A RPF member asked me about the "fisherman" quote in my sig line.

~~~~

All the "Laughing Jack" gifs are taken from the movie One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

Between that and Easy Rider, it pretty much cemented Jack Nicholson as a Hollywood star.

There is a scene in "Cuckoo" where he sneaks all the patients out of the tyrannical insane asylum that they are in and "borrows" a small fishing vessel to take them all out fishing.

They all do fine, and step away from their insanity, if just for a few hours.

Jack looks down from the flying bridge and hollers at them all:

"You see??!! You're not nuts, you're fishermen!!!"

I am a sailor and a fishermen and I feel these days like a sane man committed to a tyrannical asylum.

So I identify with the character and the quote.

My personal favorite scene is when he realizes that most of his fellow "crazies" are there voluntarily.....quite poignant.

kcchiefs6465
07-06-2013, 07:43 PM
I've had it for forever now and will tonight. Of the IMDB top 100, that is one of the few I haven't seen.

amy31416
07-06-2013, 07:44 PM
I've had it for forever now and will tonight. Of the IMDB top 100, that is one of the few I haven't seen.

SHOCKING! You really haven't seen this film?

Log off NOW and go watch. :)

ghengis86
07-06-2013, 08:00 PM
What happens if you refuse to be sexually assaulted?

TheTexan
07-06-2013, 08:02 PM
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2013/07/04/news/web_photos/04.1n007.Stop-Frisky--300x300.jpg

Fucking gang bangers. She didn't have a weapon... this time...

TheTexan
07-06-2013, 08:03 PM
What happens if you refuse to be sexually assaulted?

Then you get physically assaulted, and half an hour later at the station you get sexually assaulted

ghengis86
07-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Then you get physically assaulted, and half an hour later at the station you get sexually assaulted

Really? Wow, never going to NY again.

So I can petition the government courts to reprimand and punish the government goons who are enforcing laws/edicts passed and uttered by government whores in the legislature and administration?

Got it

kcchiefs6465
07-06-2013, 08:08 PM
SHOCKING! You really haven't seen this film?

Log off NOW and go watch. :)
haha I've heard it before.

I still need to watch 12 Angry Men and The Usual Suspects lol. Too many to choose.

I'll definitely watch it later.

TheTexan
07-06-2013, 08:09 PM
So I can petition the government courts to reprimand and punish the government goons who are enforcing laws/edicts passed and uttered by government whores in the legislature and administration?

Got it

Yes, be sure to write many strongly worded letters

ghengis86
07-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Yes, be sure to write many strongly worded letters

What about holding signs that are also strongly worded?

Anti Federalist
07-06-2013, 09:11 PM
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2013/07/04/news/web_photos/04.1n007.Stop-Frisky--300x300.jpg

Fucking gang bangers. She didn't have a weapon... this time...

I don't know about the looks of that fire.

No permits?

Felony violation of the Clean Air Act.