PDA

View Full Version : Only the government could run out of "medical" marijuana

Origanalist
07-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Economist Milton Friedman famously said, "If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."

To which I'll add Chris's Corollary, "If you put the government in charge of selling dope, they'll screw it up in less than a year."

New Jersey's only "medical" marijuana dispensary is closing temporarily, because they ran out of pot.

Greenleaf Compassion Center in Montclair — New Jersey's only operating medical marijuana dispensary — will be closed for about two weeks to build up a surplus of "quality medicine," one of its co-founders, Julio Valentin, said today.

Patients were notified by phone this week that all appointments were cancelled until further notice. When the supply is built up, Greenleaf will call them back, Valentin told The Star-Ledger.

The shortage arose because about 10 percent of its crop this month was "inferior," Valentin said. Other plants did not yield the quantity they had anticipated, he added.

The center also remains overwhelmed by the demand, as it has have since it opened in December, he added. They see about 150 patients on a regular basis, with a waiting list of several hundred people.

Every 8-year old in Mexico knows how to grow dope. The cartels ship it here by the tractor-trailer-full and sell it to tens of millions of stoners all while keeping one step ahead of Dick Tracy.

But these government-regulated bozos can't supply a mere 150 people a month?

Hey, here's an idea, let's put this same government in charge of our health care! What could go wrong?

http://wyblog.us/blog/news/only-govt-could-run-out-of-dope.html

dannno
07-06-2013, 12:30 AM
Growing good herb isn't easy.

Not something I would want to put in the hands of government.

Origanalist
07-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Growing good herb isn't easy.

Not something I would want to put in the hands of government.

You can convince boobus they're getting quality free healthcare, but you can't convince pot smokers that crappy pot is good.

RabbitMan
07-06-2013, 01:59 AM
At least they are trying.

Origanalist
07-06-2013, 03:08 AM
At least they are trying.

Lol. That only cuts it in gubmint and new sports rules. (everybody gets a ribbon)