PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What is Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?

James Madison
07-05-2013, 09:32 PM
INTJ in the house!

:D

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

http://psychology-tools.com/myers-briggs-type-indicator/

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/

heavenlyboy34
07-05-2013, 09:34 PM
INTJ last time I tested. I'll have to try it again.

Matt Collins
07-05-2013, 09:36 PM
I would venture to say that the majority of liberty people lean INTJ.

Natural Citizen
07-05-2013, 09:38 PM
When I did this my result was intj but als aspects of entj. Mine was a little screwy. But i did agree at the time though that it was pretty spot on. Still do, I suppose.

I forget the exact language but theoretically, the bot thought that I was some kind of evil genious who was leading an army of minions to blindly do my handy work. Or something along those lines. A planner or a strategist or something along those lines. Made me sound evil come to think of it. Even though I'm not. I mean, I can be an asshat sometimes so for that, I apologize.

I vowed never to take the thing again unless I had to do that.

Carson
07-05-2013, 09:46 PM
I suppose it would depend on which one of my personalities fills out the test.

leverguy
07-05-2013, 09:47 PM
INTJ every time I have taken it, the last time being a couple of weeks ago.

chudrockz
07-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Your personality type: INTJ.

Strength of individual traits: I - 92%, N - 32%, T - 50%, J - 32%.

Pretty sure this is very much what it was the last time I took that.

FrankRep
07-05-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm INTJ.

Matt Collins
07-05-2013, 09:57 PM
INTJ or ENTJ pending my mood and the atmosphere

Natural Citizen
07-05-2013, 10:14 PM
I wish i could find my results. I posted them (completely) some place around here some time ago when LE brought it up in some thread. I'm not going to take it again but now am really curious about them. Especially the percentiles.

DGambler
07-05-2013, 10:22 PM
INTJ almost every time I take it.

BamaAla
07-05-2013, 10:32 PM
I suppose it would depend on which one of my personalities fills out the test.

Thread winner

PaulConventionWV
07-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Mostly INTP, sometimes more ENTP.

heavenlyboy34
07-05-2013, 10:43 PM
New result: ENTJ.

ronpaulfollower999
07-05-2013, 10:44 PM
INT?

I've tested INTJ and INTP. Last time I did these tests a year ago, I mostly tested INTP, but just tested INTJ (barely).

But am gonna go with INTP, after reading each type description.

Origanalist
07-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Which link has "the test"?

opal
07-05-2013, 10:54 PM
ISFP? nah.. performers.. nah..
maybe I got the scale backwards

no.. just lined the results up wrong.. artists.. way more me

so.. how do I change the little box I clicked?

opal
07-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Which link has "the test"?

the one that has the word test at the end of the url

Cheimei
07-05-2013, 11:12 PM
INTP
I don't know how accurate that is, though - I suspect I have Asperger's, which would explain my introverted-like tendencies.

Philhelm
07-05-2013, 11:15 PM
INTJ. It's telling that the rarest personality type would be found here. We are the robots of liberty.

liberty2897
07-05-2013, 11:15 PM
INTJ

Origanalist
07-05-2013, 11:18 PM
the one that has the word test at the end of the url
Thank you, I might just leave the drunk driving threads.......:rolleyes:

heavenlyboy34
07-05-2013, 11:19 PM
ISFP? nah.. performers.. nah..
maybe I got the scale backwards

no.. just lined the results up wrong.. artists.. way more me

so.. how do I change the little box I clicked?
Call upon the webbernet gods.

opal
07-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Thank you, I might just leave the drunk driving threads.......:rolleyes:

sorry.. but you did make that way too easy

Ender
07-05-2013, 11:46 PM
ENTP

Xenliad
07-05-2013, 11:51 PM
On: http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
Your personality type: INFP.
Strength of individual traits: I - 28%, N - 28%, F - 14%, P - 6%.

I liked this part of the analysis in particular:
Finally, most INFPs have the ability to notice even the slightest hint of good in other people. In INFP eyes, even the most revolting person will have something worthy of respect or, at the very least, sympathy.

Edit: Perfect. http://eltsurnoir.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/harry-potter-personality-types-myers-briggs-infp.png

DGambler
07-05-2013, 11:58 PM
So, if a bunch of us INTJ's get together for a party, who would be the center of attention?

I wonder what Ron and Rand are... I bet they aren't the same.

Weston White
07-06-2013, 01:05 AM
That was interesting; I have never done one of those before. More oddly, is that its description seems to be accurate; that is to mean in how I view myself, objectively.

Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator is: INTJ, the “Strategist”

Introversion: 90%
iNtutitive: 60%
Thinking: 90%
Judging: 75%

Natural Citizen
07-06-2013, 01:08 AM
That was interesting; I have never done one of those before. More oddly, is that its description seems to be accurate; that is to mean in how I view myself, objectively.

Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type Indicator is: INTJ, the “Strategist”

Introversion: 90%
Thinking: 90%
Judging: 75%

Wow. You got basically the same score as me except I got a 79 on judging

Origanalist
07-06-2013, 01:53 AM
Your personality type: INTP.

Strength of individual traits: I - 27%, N - 40%, T - 14%, P - 20%.

Hmmmmm

Scrapmo
07-06-2013, 01:55 AM
Your personality type is
-ROCK!
:cool:
Guess Im just that awesome.

INTP

kcchiefs6465
07-06-2013, 02:12 AM
They absolutely love new ideas and theories and would never miss an opportunity to discuss them with other people – however, this never-ending thinking process also makes them look somewhat pensive and detached, as INTPs are perfectly able to conduct full-fledged debates in their own heads.

People with this personality type may also find it quite difficult to explain their thoughts to others, even when it becomes obvious that their theories are not easily graspable. INTPs may also move on to another topic before their co-workers or partners have figured out what the INTP wanted to say.
Pretty much.

Scrapmo
07-06-2013, 02:37 AM
especially "holding a debate in your own head" part, or out loud. Nothing seems as crazy as driving down the road yelling at yourself and yelling back.

Roxi
07-06-2013, 02:45 AM
Am I really the only INFJ so far? Figures...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/bb6682ba780ad59738bac3a7c8836c3e/tumblr_moffiyIJpt1srmilao1_500.png

Origanalist
07-06-2013, 02:59 AM
Lol, I just went through it with my better half. Her answers and her view of herself make me question anybodies ability to honestly answer the questions.

Weston White
07-06-2013, 03:13 AM
Here is an oddity, I was reading a bit in Wikipedia on this MBTI system and according to an article there it reads: “INTJs are one of the rarest of the sixteen personality types, and account for about 1–4% of the population.”

Although according to the poll in this thread INTJ’ dominate over the other personality types. Which must really be a classic indicator as to, at least perhaps, those being more perceptive to our true underlying realities—or are either being more capable of contemplating the facets of such truths.

ETA: Hinting at as to why we are so attractive to individuals such as Dr. Paul & Company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ

Gage
07-06-2013, 03:16 AM
ISTJ.

Occam's Banana
07-06-2013, 03:26 AM
What's the personality type for people who don't put much stock in personality-type tests?

This [EI][NS][TF][JP] stuff seems to be based on a bunch of artificial and falsely dichotomous distinctions (especially when it comes to the [NS] and [JP] "dimensions").

Extroverted (E)

Expressive, outgoing, prefer group activities, eager to speak their minds, more comfortable when around other people than when alone, get energized by social interaction

Introverted (I)

Reserved, listen carefully, prefer solitary activities, more comfortable when alone than when around other people, get exhausted by social interaction

Intuitive (N)

Introspective, rely on their imagination, absorbed in ideas, focus on what might happen

Sensing (S)

Observant, rely on their senses, absorbed in practical matters, focus on what has happened

Thinking (T)

Tough, follow their minds, suppress feelings, focus on objectivity and rationality

Feeling (F)

Sensitive, follow their hearts, keep feelings close to the surface, focus on harmony and cooperation

Judging (J)

Decisive, prefer clear rules and guidelines, eager to commit, see deadlines as sacred, seek closure

Perceiving (P)

Probing, prefer keeping their options open, reluctant to commit, relaxed about their work, seek freedom

Origanalist
07-06-2013, 03:30 AM
[QUOTE=Occam's Banana;5112183]What's the personality type for people who don't put much stock in personality-type tests?

Terrorist.

Occam's Banana
07-06-2013, 03:41 AM
Lol, I just went through it with my better half. Her answers and her view of herself make me question anybodies ability to honestly answer the questions.

Just so. At absolute best, anything that so critically relies upon self-reporting is going to tell you nothing more than what people imagine about themselves (at the particular moment they self-report). And that's assuming they're being completely & absolutely honest about things. And even if we take that (often dubious) assumption for granted, there's still the fact that "honest" does not mean "true" or "accurate." Now add the fact that many of the terms & concepts used in such tests are vague, ill-defined, highly subjective and open to a vast range of impressions & interpretations. What you end up with is a whole buncha nuthin' - but it's a very impressive and "scientifficky" whole buncha nothin' ...

kcchiefs6465
07-06-2013, 03:42 AM
They don't have ones that include both N and S or J and P.

Try it out.

I found it pretty spot on surprisingly.

Origanalist
07-06-2013, 03:46 AM
Just so. At absolute best, anything that so critically relies upon self-reporting is going to tell you nothing more than what people imagine about themselves (at the particular moment they self-report). And that's assuming they're being completely & absolutely honest about things. And even if we take that (often dubious) assumption for granted, there's still the fact that "honest" does not mean "true" or "accurate." Now add the fact that many of the terms & concepts used in such tests are vague, ill-defined, highly subjective and open to a vast range of impressions & interpretations. What you end up with is a whole buncha nuthin' - but it's a very impressive and "scientifficky" whole buncha nothin' ...

I love your ability to dissect any subject, can I have your baby????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uB0sKbomD1Y

amy31416
07-06-2013, 03:48 AM
These things are like horoscopes, in my opinion.

Origanalist
07-06-2013, 03:50 AM
They don't have ones that include both N and S or J and P.

Try it out.

I found it pretty spot on surprisingly.

I didn't. The description of me I found to be lacking, and observing my better half's responses destroyed the whole idea of self analysis.

Occam's Banana
07-06-2013, 03:51 AM
What's the personality type for people who don't put much stock in personality-type tests?
Terrorist.

Bzzzzt! Wrong! The correct answer is: Replicant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvpmxY4dc4c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvpmxY4dc4c

devil21
07-06-2013, 04:07 AM
Lots of past threads on this. RPF is mostly INTJ or close variants. Looks like it still is for high posters. We do love forums.

This is the brain trust.

kcchiefs6465
07-06-2013, 04:07 AM
I didn't. The description of me I found to be lacking, and observing my better half's responses destroyed the whole idea of self analysis.
I'm usually too honest. A bad trait at times.

It's good when trying to look at yourself objectively though.

I found the test interesting. A couple of the questions required a little deeper consideration but I was as honest as possible.

Origanalist
07-06-2013, 04:12 AM
I'm usually too honest. A bad trait at times.

It's good when trying to look at yourself objectively though.

I found the test interesting. A couple of the questions required a little deeper consideration but I was as honest as possible.

I have no doubt. I suggest having someone close to you seated next to you observing you take the test and get their honest opinion of whether your answers were accurate.

Occam's Banana
07-06-2013, 04:18 AM
I love your ability to dissect any subject, can I have your baby????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uB0sKbomD1Y

Awww, shucks! Yer such a sweetie! :o But ... ummm .... no. (LOL @ vid.)

Perhaps you should ask Amy, instead. She's much more succinct and less verbose than I ...

These things are like horoscopes, in my opinion.

That pretty much sums it up perfectly. Looking over the definitions of the letter-codes I posted earlier, I'm guessing I would probably end up being classified as an ISTP. INTP, ISTJ or INTJ (depending on my mood at the time). And now you know as much about me as you would know if I told you I was an Aries. (Actually, come to think of it, you would actually know more about me by knowing I was an Aries - such as the general vicinity of my date of birth).

kcchiefs6465
07-06-2013, 04:24 AM
I have no doubt. I suggest having someone close to you seated next to you observing you take the test and get their honest opinion of whether your answers were accurate.
Lol that would be interesting.

Origanalist
07-06-2013, 04:37 AM
Awww, shucks! Yer such a sweetie! :o But ... ummm .... no. (LOL @ vid.)

Perhaps you should ask Amy, instead. She's much more succinct and less verbose than I ...

That pretty much sums it up perfectly. Looking over the definitions of the letter-codes I posted earlier, I'm guessing I would probably end up being classified as an ISTP. INTP, ISTJ or INTJ (depending on my mood at the time). And now you know as much about be as you would know if I told you I was an Aries. (Actually, come to think of it, you would actually know more about me by knowing I was an Aries - such as the general vicinity of my date of birth).

Devastated I am.

http://ts3.explicit.bing.net/th?id=H.4800412999617050&pid=15.1
If I dress up as a banana?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4in9srVNS1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

opal
07-06-2013, 06:36 AM
no others fall into the artist category? Where's Gage?

psst.. oh great and powerful moderators.. if someone would please take me off the performers list, and stick me on the ISFP box, I'd be ever so grateful.

luctor-et-emergo
07-06-2013, 06:52 AM
On: http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
Your personality type: INFP.
Strength of individual traits: I - 28%, N - 28%, F - 14%, P - 6%.

I liked this part of the analysis in particular:

Edit: Perfect. http://eltsurnoir.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/harry-potter-personality-types-myers-briggs-infp.png

Strength of individual traits: I - 14%, N - 48%, F - 20%, P - 16%.

Yay, not alone.
Although I did get different results different times with these tests.

cajuncocoa
07-06-2013, 06:57 AM
INFJ

otherone
07-06-2013, 06:59 AM
INTP and I have to say that RPF is not indicative of the general population.

WM_in_MO
07-06-2013, 07:05 AM
INTP here. Seems spot on considering I analyzed the test as I took it.

Cap
07-06-2013, 07:23 AM
INTJ here.
What I find interesting is that only 2% of the population is of this type and only a mere .8% women. Yet the greatest majority of the liberty movement are comprised of the INTJ personality. This begs the question: Are we up against something that is just not attainable in regards to waking the general population up and getting our country back? Are we just spinning our wheels?

otherone
07-06-2013, 07:35 AM
INTJ here.
What I find interesting is that only 2% of the population is of this type and only a mere .8% women. Yet the greatest majority of the liberty movement are comprised of the INTJ personality. This begs the question: Are we up against something that is just not attainable in regards to waking the general population up and getting our country back? Are we just spinning our wheels?

Not at all. INTJs are simply more inclined to get on the interwebz and complain about stuff.
Seriously though, while both INTJs and INTPs are a small minority, they are the rabble-rousers that wake the rest up. Frankly, I'm surprised Leviathan hasn't exterminated us based on out personality types yet....

TruckinMike
07-06-2013, 07:37 AM
I suppose the Feds already have it on file, here it is again --> INTP

07-06-2013, 08:10 AM
intj

no surprise there

Rocco
07-06-2013, 08:15 AM
INTJ, no surprise at all. When I go out in the political world I use the "T" to help force myself out of the "I" when I know it's a bad situation to be introverted. But truth be told, a day where I stay in my house, relax and don't see or talk to anybody is a pretty damn good day.

VoluntaryAmerican
07-06-2013, 08:18 AM
INFJ

http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/counselor.asp

Roxi too.

July
07-06-2013, 08:55 AM
INTJ here.

I've seen it theorized that a majority, roughly ~80% or so, are inclined to go along with the status quo, whatever it happens to be. While a relatively smaller minority of radicals of various types ~10-20% compete with each other, dragging the majority along with whatever group wins out. So they say, it's really just a small group of various radicals, ideologues, thinkers, visionaries, etc, fighting for control of the same subset of ~10-20% of people. The majority goes along with the minority perceived to be the most convincing, dominate, etc. If that theory is true, then all we'd need to do is win over enough "fringe" types to become the dominate intellectual/ideological force among the minority, and the rest will more or less go along with the new status quo. That's doable. I don't know if that theory has any merit, but if so, could explain how a relatively small minority of intellectual neoconservatives, progressives, etc, could come to dominate the intellectual sphere, even though they aren't the majority.

At any rate, I don't doubt the political class has given a lot of thought to this question... why else would they be funding studies analyzing social patterns and democracy in animals, fish, etc? If you can find out how majority populations make decisions, there would be a lot of power in that, I would imagine.

Philhelm
07-06-2013, 09:00 AM
I've seen it theorized that a majority, roughly ~80% or so, are inclined to go along with the status quo, whatever it happens to be. While a relatively smaller minority of radicals of various types ~10-20% compete with each other, dragging the majority along with whatever group wins out. So they say, it's really just a small group of various radicals, ideologues, thinkers, visionaries, etc, fighting for control of the same subset of ~10-20% of people. The majority goes along with the minority perceived to be the most convincing, dominate, etc. If that theory is true, then all we'd need to do is win over enough "fringe" types to become the dominate intellectual/ideological force among the minority, and the rest will more or less go along with the new status quo. That's doable. I don't know if that theory has any merit, but if so, could explain how a relatively small minority of intellectual neoconservatives, progressives, etc, could come to dominate the intellectual sphere, even though they aren't the majority.

At any rate, I don't doubt the political class has given a lot of thought to this question... why else would they be funding studies analyzing social patterns and democracy in animals, fish, etc? If you can find out how majority populations make decisions, there would be a lot of power in that, I would imagine.

Our enemies succeed because most of their arguments are manipulative and rely on emotional appeal. The INTJ's are incapable of that.

VoluntaryAmerican
07-06-2013, 09:05 AM

Yep! You're spot on.

As far as political class trying to figure out this question; Edward Bernays (nephew of Freud) created a profession based on it. Public Relations.

And specifically this book:

http://servv89pn0aj.sn.sourcedns.com/~gbpprorg/obama/Crystallizing_Public_Opinion_Bernays..pdf

BamaAla
07-06-2013, 09:11 AM
ISTP. Why am I alone?

Carlybee
07-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Personality Type Indicator is: INTJ, the “Strategist”

Introversion: 60%
Thinking: 70%
Judging: 70%

opal
07-06-2013, 09:33 AM
new day.. new results
Your personality type: INFP (http://www.16personalities.com/infp-type).

Strength of individual traits: I - 36%, N - 2%, F - 40%, P - 26%.

I don't even know what I answered differently

July
07-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Our enemies succeed because most of their arguments are manipulative and rely on emotional appeal. The INTJ's are incapable of that.

The majority are easily manipulated because, I think, they don't really care about political philosophy, social theories, or how society should be organized. They are more focused on their immediate lives, families, and individual circumstances. They will consider new ideas once when they start to become popular, but rarely will be early adopters. In other words, most people just want to live their lives, be left alone, and don't really care about re-arganing society, etc.

If the 80/20 theory is correct though, then it means it's not only worthwhile to try to convert other minority group intellectuals, these are also the individuals most likely to be open to considering new political theories and ideas...and most likely to go out and convince others once you've won them over.

Yep! You're spot on.

As far as political class trying to figure out this question; Edward Bernays (nephew of Freud) created a profession based on it. Public Relations.

And specifically this book:

http://servv89pn0aj.sn.sourcedns.com/~gbpprorg/obama/Crystallizing_Public_Opinion_Bernays..pdf

Thanks for the link.

VoluntaryAmerican
07-06-2013, 09:51 AM
The majority are easily manipulated because, I think, they don't really care about political philosophy, social theories, or how society should be organized. They are more focused on their immediate lives, families, and individual circumstances. They will consider new ideas once when they start to become popular, but rarely will be early adopters. In other words, most people just want to live their lives, be left alone, and don't really care about re-arganing society, etc.

If the 80/20 theory is correct though, then it means it's not only worthwhile to try to convert other minority group intellectuals, these are also the individuals most likely to be open to considering new political theories and ideas...and most likely to go out and convince others once you've won them over.

This is why it is always worth it, in my opinion, to argue with someone who is a socialist or communist. Because not only could you weaken, or change their position, but there are also 8 other no opinion people watching the debate and forming an opinion.

Thanks for the link.

Your welcome.

Brian4Liberty
07-06-2013, 10:02 AM
new day.. new results

The indicator tests are not terribly accurate.

Czolgosz
07-06-2013, 10:03 AM
new day.. new results

On or off the wagon, today? :D

DGambler
07-06-2013, 10:05 AM
The indicator tests are not terribly accurate.

I flip between J and P but mostly land in INTJ no matter which test I take. I have seen my results plotted out before and I'm close to that line.

opal
07-06-2013, 10:49 AM
On or off the wagon, today? :D

if the wagon holds coffee beans.. today..ON - last night.. worn off

MaxPower
07-06-2013, 04:29 PM
INTJ in the house!

:D

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/portraits.html

http://psychology-tools.com/myers-briggs-type-indicator/

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/
“Your personality type: ENTP.

Strength of individual traits: E - 1%, N - 44%, T - 4%, P - 30%.”

Danan
07-06-2013, 05:07 PM
INTJ
Strength of individual traits: I - 40%, N - 36%, T - 46%, J - 16%.

MelissaWV
07-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Apparently I am an INFJ today.

Danan
07-06-2013, 05:14 PM
http://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality

I believe that description fits very well for libertarians, so it's not very surprising that many of us here apparently are INTJs, although only 2% of the general population are.

FrankRep
07-06-2013, 05:19 PM
ENTJ - The Executives

- Matt Collins

No surprise.

:toady:

Danan
07-06-2013, 05:22 PM

I'm sure most of my friends would agree that my personality fits the one in the description. But most descriptions of similar types would probably work too, to some extend (like what I've read about INTP in this thread).

That being said, I generally agree with you that one shouldn't care too much about those tests. It's just a fun way to waste some time, not entirely accurate, of course. But I guess there's also some truth to it.

Fun fact: Those two guys are comming up in the explanation as examples:

http://www.16personalities.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Paul-Krugman-INTJ-300x232.jpg
http://www.16personalities.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Vladimir-Putin-INTJ-300x187.jpg

That makes me sad. ;(

Antischism
07-06-2013, 06:20 PM
INTP on my end.
Can't say I'm too surprised with the result.

I'm not sure how accurate these things are if at all, but it was a fun time waster.

BuddyRey
07-06-2013, 06:22 PM
One of only a handful of ENFP's in the entire libertarian movement. :)

liberty2897
07-06-2013, 06:41 PM

Seems that you are still very much in the right place...

http://personalitycafe.com/intj-articles/10860-ideal-match-enfp-intj.html

Doesn't look like it is mentioned in this analysis, but I think an INTJ/ENFP might be a really good small business partnership.

mad cow
07-06-2013, 06:50 PM
INTP here.This is the first time I have taken this test,I have never put much stock in these sort of things.

Given the examples of other INTP's however,well I do Have the brain of an Isaac Newton and the body of a Tiger Woods so perhaps there's a grain of truth in it.

I<3Liberty
07-06-2013, 07:03 PM
I'm an INFJ! :-) I was last tested when I was 15 (5 years ago), so I'm not entirely sure how accurate or up to date those results are.

Ender
07-06-2013, 07:12 PM

Same for ENTPs. ;)

KEEF
07-06-2013, 10:00 PM
INTJ - The Scientists

Fits my career too. No wonder I love my job.

devil21
07-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Some good links for INTJs and variants, especially if you weren't aware of your MBTI type until recently.

http://personalitycafe.com/intj-forum-scientists/

http://intjforum.com/

Compleat Idiot's Guide to the INTJ
http://intjcentral.com/the-compleat-idiots-guide-to-the-intj/ <----funny

DON’T engage us in “small talk”. Keep in mind that you are competing for our attention with all the voices in our heads, and they are bound to be far more interesting than you. The voices are constantly regaling us with things like anagrams of Wayne Newton (Wanton Weeny, We Annoy Newt, New Yawn Tone, …) and candidate titles for parodies of “Carry On My Wayward Son” (“Cary Grant Was Six Foot One”, “Curry On My Egg Foo Yung”, …). Do you really think your talk of the weather or your six year old’s soccer league is going to be more compelling than that? Please. Be realistic.

Roxi
07-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Compleat Idiot's Guide to the INTJ
http://intjcentral.com/the-compleat-idiots-guide-to-the-intj/ <----funny

The irony that complete is spelled wrong.

Occam's Banana
07-07-2013, 12:34 AM
The irony that complete is spelled wrong.

Actually, it isn't.

"Compleat" is a variant spelling of "complete" usually used in the titles of handbooks (in imitation of The Compleat Angler by Izaak Walton).

It is also used to mean "highly skilled and accomplished in all aspects; complete; total" - as in "the compleat actor, at home in comedy and tragedy."

[source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/compleat ]

Occam's Banana
07-07-2013, 01:13 AM
I'm sure most of my friends would agree that my personality fits the one in the description. But most descriptions of similar types would probably work too, to some extend (like what I've read about INTP in this thread).

That being said, I generally agree with you that one shouldn't care too much about those tests. It's just a fun way to waste some time, not entirely accurate, of course. But I guess there's also some truth to it.

Indeed. No doubt there's some truth to it. After all, it's very nearly a tautology to say, for example, that almost everyone is going to fit more or less into the "extrovert" category than the "introvert" category - because extroversion & introversion compose a genuine dichotomy (or very nearly so). But separating people out on the basis of "Thinking (T) vs. Feeling (F)" is starting to get more than a little "iffy" - and doing so on the basis of "Intuitive (N) vs. Sensing (S)" or "Judging (J) vs. Perceiving (P)" puts us smack in the middle of the Land of False Dichotomies. (And apart from all this, there are still those pesky self-reporting issues ...)

But as you say - it can be a fun little game. As long as it's not considered anything more than that, it's fine. However, anyone who tries to use this stuff as the basis for any kind of serious, substantive analysis (of the Liberty Movement, for example) is venturing into the realm of bogosity.

Feeding the Abscess
07-07-2013, 01:13 AM
ENFP, but the only strong quotient is the N, at 36%. The E, F, and P are only at 4%, 8%, and 8%. I was INTJ the last time I took the test about a year ago, and the I, T, and J percentages were essentially the same. Makes sense, I suppose, as I don't have an issue with most crowds I'm in, whether it's pickup basketball, video gamers, bodybuilders, or rich hoity toities at a wine tasting event. I'll chalk it up to growing up lower middle class with millionaires in the extended family.

The Free Hornet
07-07-2013, 01:36 AM

I'd like to agree it is BS but I've seen these test for 20+ years and the analysis is always the same (whether done by myself or others):

Your personality type: INTJ.

Strength of individual traits: I - 80%, N - 38%, T - 40%, J - 1%.

And I truly tried to channel my touchy-feely side. With a great many questions, I answered in the middle of scale as to not over-estimate my inclinations. The bottom line is that some questions will have a clear cut answer:

You enjoy spending your spare time talking to other people, going to parties, shopping etc.
Completely agree Completely disagree

So I believe it is relevant.

Like you, I do question the relevance of self-analysis especially when to not be on one side is to, seemingly, be an admission of stupidity.

You can easily read between the lines and establish links between seemingly unrelated events.

You easily notice factual inaccuracies.

Roxi
07-07-2013, 01:44 AM
I'm not into horoscopes, and believe they could apply to anyone.

I've been taking the MB tests for years. They've always come out the same. I've read descriptions of each extensively, the one that matches me, describes me perfectly, and helps me understand WHY I've had the personality conflicts with others in my life I"ve had. It's way too damn accurate to be complete bullshit. None of the other "types" describe me. I thought it was total bs the first several times I read about it at first, but it's pretty hard to deny such accuracy. So, for me it's helpful. Mostly helpful to help others understand me a little better. I've always felt extremely misunderstood, even by those closest to me. So for that. I'm thankful.

devil21
07-07-2013, 03:31 AM
But as you say - it can be a fun little game. As long as it's not considered anything more than that, it's fine. However, anyone who tries to use this stuff as the basis for any kind of serious, substantive analysis (of the Liberty Movement, for example) is venturing into the realm of bogosity.

It's not a game. Employers now routinely give MBTI tests to prospective employees. Whether you get a job or not can depend entirely on your MBTI test result. They call it something else but that's what the test is.

Also, the millions comprising the liberty movement (it's really just a conservative movement again now) can't be used as analysis but segments of it, like RPF, can be. Sorta wish these types of threads wouldn't come up anymore.

opal
07-07-2013, 06:23 AM
My new word of the day.. thanks to

bogosity.

I don't mean about the quizzy.. just the word on it's own -- bogosity.. nice

Occam's Banana
07-07-2013, 07:58 AM
It's not a game. Employers now routinely give MBTI tests to prospective employees. Whether you get a job or not can depend entirely on your MBTI test result. They call it something else but that's what the test is.

Some employers use polygraphy (or other forms of "lie detection") as well. That doesn't mean polygraphy & "deception" tests aren't "games" as well.

They are. So are "personality" tests. The fact that they can be abused and have serious consequences does not change this fact.

Also, the millions comprising the liberty movement (it's really just a conservative movement again now) can't be used as analysis but segments of it, like RPF, can be.

No it can't. RPFs members are self-selected. RPFs members who post add another layer of self-selection.

And yet another layer of self-selection is added by RPFs members who post the results of personality tests they have (self-selectively) taken.

The result is a great big pile of self-selection that doesn't tell you anything about anyone except the self-selectees - if it even tells you that much.

It certainly doesn't tell you anything you couldn't have figured out otherwise by diligent, careful & perceptive observation.

Sorta wish these types of threads wouldn't come up anymore.

There's a simple solution for that: don't read them when they do.

Origanalist
07-07-2013, 08:07 AM
I can't wait until they come out with the Massey Ferguson Personality-Type Test.

devil21
07-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Some employers use polygraphy (or other forms of "lie detection") as well. That doesn't mean polygraphy & "deception" tests aren't "games" as well.

They are. So are "personality" tests. The fact that they can be abused and have serious consequences does not change this fact.

It is considered "more than a fun little game" in the employment realm, at least. Those were your words. You may consider it a game but others do not.

No it can't. RPFs members are self-selected. RPFs members who post add another layer of self-selection.

And yet another layer of self-selection is added by RPFs members who post the results of personality tests they have (self-selectively) taken.

The result is a great big pile of self-selection that doesn't tell you anything about anyone except the self-selectees - if it even tells you that much.

It certainly doesn't tell you anything you couldn't have figured out otherwise by diligent, careful & perceptive observation.

Why worry about NSA when we just data mine ourselves?

There's a simple solution for that: don't read them when they do.

My solution instead is to try to make them a learning experience so something positive can be taken from them.

Brian4Liberty
07-07-2013, 03:36 PM
My preference for T usually measures 100%.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/geekspeak/files/2012/02/sheldon_spock_by_tapion32-d37i1kt.jpg

Occam's Banana
07-07-2013, 03:47 PM
It is considered "more than a fun little game" in the employment realm, at least. Those were your words. You may consider it a game but others do not.

1) My comment was not made in the context of or in reference to the "employment realm."

But if it had been ...

2) Bullshit is bullshit - regardless of how seriously it might be taken in the "employment realm."

I<3Liberty
07-13-2013, 10:33 PM
I'm an INFJ! :-) I was last tested when I was 15 (5 years ago), so I'm not entirely sure how accurate or up to date those results are.

EDIT: So, I finally got around to retaking the test. Apparently I'm now an INTJ? Results: I - 26% N - 54% T - 22% J - 12% The test (in the link provided by the OP) is different than the Myers-Briggs test I took way back yonder (it was ridiculously longer, more comprehensive, and provided by a certified MBTI person.) The official website (http://www.myersbriggs.org/frequently-asked-questions/ways-to-take-the-mbti/)doesn't list the URL the OP posted, so I'm not sure how legitimate it is. :confused: