PDA

View Full Version : Texas teen jailed for Facebook threats to kill kindergarteners is on suicide watch

aGameOfThrones
07-05-2013, 04:40 PM
"He's very depressed. He's very scared and he's very concerned that he's not going to get out," Jack Carter, Justin's father, told CNN on Tuesday. "He's pretty much lost all hope."

“Unfortunately, any time that we have those type of comments made about a school system, with the history of school violence, we have shown we have to take those very seriously,’’ Lt. John Wells of the New Braunfels Police Department told NBC.

Both Carters said they now realize how the teen's post could be alarming, but insist no harm was meant.
"I thought it was a joke," Jack Carter told CNN. "I couldn't believe the person that called me. I kept telling them they have to be kidding. When I realized he wasn't, I literally broke down crying."
A judge set bond for Justin Carter at $500,000, meaning* $50,000 would have to be posted to free him.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jailed-months-alleged-facebook-threats-teen-aged-justin-carter-suicide-watch-article-1.1391286#ixzz2YDIoTxUJ