PDA

View Full Version : Mother kicked out of water park for wearing string bikini

Pages : [1] 2

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:13 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/07/missouri-water-park-boots-bikini-wearing-mom/

oyarde
07-05-2013, 02:16 PM
No problem , one of the fellas here will open a string bikini water park.

torchbearer
07-05-2013, 02:17 PM
string bikini and people of walmart water/rv park

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Well...granted some people don't look that great in a string bikini. BUT the woman had just lost 100 lbs and was excited to be able to wear one. But the issue here is infringement on her freedom to wear one. It was okay for teenagers to wear them but because her boobies were large she got the boot.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 02:24 PM
What is wrong with demanding people to cover up, the only thing the water park did wrong was allow other people to wear bikinis without being thrown out. Prostitutes in the 19th century dressed more modestly then modern high school girls, modern female clothing is a disgrace!

torchbearer
07-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Well...granted some people don't look that great in a string bikini. BUT the woman had just lost 100 lbs and was excited to be able to wear one. But the issue here is infringement on her freedom to wear one. It was okay for teenagers to wear them but because her boobies were large she got the boot.

the owner and his wards decide on his property. otherwise, its not his.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:25 PM
What is wrong with demanding people to cover up, the only thing the water park did wrong was allow other people to wear bikinis without being thrown out. Prostitutes in the 19th century dressed more modestly then modern high school girls, modern female clothing is a disgrace!

Do you think it's okay for men to wear speedos?

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:26 PM

I don't disagree but he did single this woman out based on how she looked since there were other people wearing the same attire.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Do you think it's okay for men to wear speedos? No it is not in anyway ok.

Acala
07-05-2013, 02:28 PM

Private property owner should be free to include or exclude anyone for any reason. And we should be free to think he is an hysterical prude or superficial jerk and take our business elsewhere.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:28 PM
No it is not in anyway ok.

So what type of attire do you think people should wear to a swimming pool?

http://silentpartnercoaching.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/old-fashioned-bathing-suit.jpg

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Private property owner should be free to include or exclude anyone for any reason. And we should be free to think he is an hysterical prude or superficial jerk and take our business elsewhere.

I'm sure she will.

Qdog
07-05-2013, 02:29 PM
She is one hot mama!

torchbearer
07-05-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't disagree but he did single this woman out based on how she looked since there were other people wearing the same attire.

if he singled her out, for whatever reason, to where a funny hat in order to be on his property. she'd either have to wear the funny hat or leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nTqEePlZiqk

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 02:32 PM

Something that covers most of the thigh and upper body for women. For Men it must cover the atleast half of the thigh and the upper body.
Boy am I prude.

limequat
07-05-2013, 02:32 PM
As far as bikinis go...that one wasn't even very revealing.

dannno
07-05-2013, 02:33 PM

A disgrace compared to what? We're like the only animal on the planet that covers up ANYTHING AT ALL and you'd probably be complaining that people don't cover up their ankles.

People should wear as much clothes as makes them feel comfortable, if you don't like it don't look.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:34 PM
if he singled her out, for whatever reason, to where a funny hat in order to be on his property. she'd either have to wear the funny hat or leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nTqEePlZiqk

I'm well aware of the free market scenario. Doesn't mean I can't think the guy was a douchebag.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Something that covers most of the thigh and upper body for women. For Men it must cover the atleast half of the thigh and the upper body.
Boy am I prude.

Most of the thigh? You do realize that means it would go down to her knees right?
http://www.theatrehouse.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/1001-bathing-suit-female.jpg

torchbearer
07-05-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm well aware of the free market scenario. Doesn't mean I can't think the guy was a douchebag.

true, it is even in your right, to use your time and resources to tell people what you think about the guys crummy water park.
just be truthful.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 02:38 PM
A disgrace compared to what? We're like the only animal on the planet that covers up ANYTHING AT ALL and you'd probably be complaining that people don't cover up their ankles.

People should wear as much clothes as makes them feel comfortable, if you don't like it don't look. Humans do not live in isolation, how can I make sure my view on what is ok and what's not so my great-grandkids live in a society as I want? I can help change society and its morals too what I see fit for my great-greatkids.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:38 PM
true, it is even in your right, to use your time and resources to tell people what you think about the guys crummy water park.
just be truthful.

What's your problem? I think she is within her rights to speak out. I didn't say she should file a discrimination suit.

pcosmar
07-05-2013, 02:39 PM

Owned by the city. NOT private property.

but I was expecting that from someone. ;)

juleswin
07-05-2013, 02:39 PM

The owner is the state and they let other people (read younger girls) to stay in the park with more revealing bikinis. I would understand if it was a private park but her tax money pays for their stinking wages. Btw she wasn't wearing a string bikini and if you are uncomfortable seeing women in bikinis, maybe you shouldn't be going to the water park in the first place.

As far as am concerned, the state shouldn't be allowed to discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, religion.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Humans do not live in isolation, how can I make sure my view on what is ok and what's not so my great-grandkids live in a society as I want? I can help change society and its morals too what I see fit for my great-greatkids.

So you think that morals should be policed?

Nobexliberty
Most of the thigh? You do realize that means it would go down to her knees right?
Yes, that is why am i most people's eyes a christian fundamentalist despite my knowledge of the bible is questionable.

Christian Liberty

I don't think this is an infringement on freedom since its his property.

If this were a modesty issue, it would be enforced on all. So I'm with you, this is discrimination. And I'm not really a fan of that. But it should still be legal, as far as I see it.

Mind you, if she wasn't given a refund, she'd have a right to sue, but that doesn't mean she had a right to be there.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 02:41 PM
So you think that morals should be policed? Morals should be policed not by the goverment but by the communties according to the bible, or atlest most of it.

juleswin
07-05-2013, 02:42 PM
What's your problem? I think she is within her rights to speak out. I didn't say she should file a discrimination suit.

Oh yea, she should file one immediately and shut those guys down. The state shouldn't be in the business of running water parks

Carlybee
I don't think this is an infringement on freedom since its his property.

If this were a modesty issue, it would be enforced on all. So I'm with you, this is discrimination. And I'm not really a fan of that. But it should still be legal, as far as I see it.

Mind you, if she wasn't given a refund, she'd have a right to sue, but that doesn't mean she had a right to be there.

Apparently it wasnt private property.

pcosmar
Humans do not live in isolation, how can I make sure my view on what is ok and what's not so my great-grandkids live in a society as I want? I can help change society and its morals too what I see fit for my great-greatkids.

Naked you are born and naked you will leave.

It has nothing to do with morals.. In fact,,a Moral man can look at and appreciate Gods handiwork without corrupt thought (or action)

or do you advocate Burkas for all?

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Morals should be policed not by the goverment but by the communties according to the bible, or atlest most of it.

Well I hope I never move to a community where it is expected women have to wear bloomers down to their knees as swimsuits.

torchbearer
07-05-2013, 02:43 PM

how is making points of fact a problem?

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Oh yea, she should file one immediately and shut those guys down. The state shouldn't be in the business of running water parks

I disagree because I think it would be a frivolous lawsuit and end up costing the taxpayer, but I do think she has to right to bring light to it.

Carlybee
how is making points of fact a problem?

You are tilting at windmills.

Christian Liberty
@Carlybee- I just realized it was a state park, which does change my position.

That said, enforcing morality on PRIVATE property isn't necessarily wrong, IMO.

Private property, and allowing property owners to do what they like. Then you can associate with like minded people.

And yeah, I'm probably a "fundamentalist" to some, a Baptist, specifically, although also a libertarian.

The owner is the state and they let other people (read younger girls) to stay in the park with more revealing bikinis. I would understand if it was a private park but her tax money pays for their stinking wages. Btw she wasn't wearing a string bikini and if you are uncomfortable seeing women in bikinis, maybe you shouldn't be going to the water park in the first place.

As far as am concerned, the state shouldn't be allowed to discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, religion.

I'd agree with you except when there's a good reason to do so. Which isn't the case here.

I do think there are good reasons to keep women out of combat. Honestly I don't really care right now, since I kind of want "our military" to fail at its mission, but in general I'm with Walter Williams that the whole point of the military is to be an effective fighting force, not to promote opportunity.

Yes, that is why am i most people's eyes a christian fundamentalist despite my knowledge of the bible is questionable.

I'm probably a "fundamentalist" to some, a Baptist, specifically, although also a libertarian.

torchbearer
07-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Owned by the city. NOT private property.

but I was expecting that from someone. ;)

all property is owned. the ones they call "public" are owned by the local authoritarians/mafia.
at least, the whole pretense that they can tell you what to do on them, means they own it- and not you.

dannno

Teach your kids and your great grand kids what you think is acceptable. They might agree with you or they might not. If they do, they will dress more modestly, if they feel more like expressing themselves and displaying their inner and outer beauty then there probably isn't much you can do about it.

torchbearer
You are tilting at windmills.

explain in detail.

heavenlyboy34
07-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Learn the art of persuasion without violence or government force. :) Simple as that.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:47 PM
explain in detail.

Google it. Not arguing with you over trivialities. It's taxpayer funded. He made an exception for her only and not others and she has the right to speak out against it. As I said I am not advocating litigation.

torchbearer
07-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Learn the art of persuasion without violence or government force. :) Simple as that.

I noticed netflix created a netflix for children, so kids can surf it without seeing mature content.
it didn't even require a government law, with goon squads to enforce.
like an invisible hand that filled a need.

Nobexliberty
Naked you are born and naked you will leave.

It has nothing to do with morals.. In fact,,a Moral man can look at and appreciate Gods handiwork without corrupt thought (or action)

or do you advocate Burkas for all? I did not mean head to toe clothing. Just a lower knee-ankle high skirt or dress and some headgear.

Well I hope I never move to a community where it is expected women have to wear bloomers down to their knees as swimsuits. That is the great thing about liberty, I will find my über conservative community amongst the 350 million americans.

Anti Federalist
This thread is Fail without pictures:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1389761.1372896539!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/waterpark4n-2-web.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1014069_10201067235955585_446350703_n.jpg

torchbearer
07-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Google it. Not arguing with you over trivialities. It's taxpayer funded. He made an exception for her only and not others and she has the right to speak out against it. As I said I am not advocating litigation.

you make an ambiguous statement. then when pressed for details, you have no time to argue trivialities.
All i posted were statements of fact.

Carlybee
I did not mean head to toe clothing. Just a lower knee-ankle high skirt or dress and some headgear.

That is the great thing about liberty, I will find my über conservative community amongst the 350 million americans.

Headgear? Are you Amish perhaps?

Carlybee
you make an ambiguous statement. then when pressed for details, you have no time to argue trivialities.
All i posted were statements of fact.

Got it.

torchbearer
07-05-2013, 02:51 PM

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1389761.1372896539!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/waterpark4n-2-web.jpg

Amish shunning?

juleswin
07-05-2013, 02:51 PM
I disagree because I think it would be a frivolous lawsuit and end up costing the taxpayer, but I do think she has to right to bring light to it.

That is the whole idea, get em to close up. The state shouldn't be in the business anyway and there's no better way to chase em out by filling a massive discrimination lawsuit. That or announce to every tax payer about their practices and give people the opportunity to opt out from paying for the park

Go get em girl, I support u all the way

torchbearer
07-05-2013, 02:52 PM
That is the whole idea, get em to close up. The state shouldn't be in the business anyway and there's no better way to chase em out by filling a massive discrimination lawsuit. That or announce to every tax payer about their practices and give people the opportunity to opt out from paying for the park

these types of services are insured against lawsuit. the state won't be hit by it.
the insurance fund will cover it.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Headgear? Are you Amish perhaps? Not amish, just a fanatic.:p

Dr.3D
Headgear? Are you Amish perhaps?

Maybe he believe first century middle eastern customs should be carried on into the 21st century.

PierzStyx

So protest his business. Convince others to do the same. Don't get the government involved.

Also I smell b.s. The only evidence that she was ejected for her size is her subjective response and the news report telling you to feel bad for her. She could have an entire victimization complex going on, many people who are large and uncomfortable with their form develop one as a self-defense. It is quite possible she did have a super small bikini on, smaller than anyone else, which didn't cover much over her larger size thus violating pool rules.

Carlybee

Well I hardly think it's a big enough deal over a swimsuit but she is within her rights to do whatever she thinks is necessary to bring attention to it.

heavenlyboy34

http://openclipart.org/image/800px/svg_to_png/162529/Fap-meme.png
LOLZ

Christian Liberty
My morals are a little more conservative, and I'm not a big fan of certain revealing swimsuits. "Shorts" is pushing it but I'd have no problem with a private water park saying that thongs or similar things aren't wanted.

Although, if you don't apply that across the board, that is discriminatory. Which shouldn't be illegal but I don't particularly like it.

I don't really have much of an opinion on how "Public" property should be run so much as I just want it privatized.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:54 PM
So protest his business. Convince others to do the same. Don't get the government involved.

Also I smell b.s. The only evidence that she was ejected for her size is her subjective response and the news report telling you to feel bad for her. She could have an entire victimization complex going on, many people who are large and uncomfortable with their form develop one as a self-defense. It is quite possible she did have a super small bikini on, smaller than anyone else, which didn't cover much over her larger size thus violating pool rules.

It's a public pool. Not privately owned. Her tax dollars help pay for it...assuming she isn't a welfare mom and she stated others were wearing the same type swimsuits.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Not amish, just a fanatic.:p

Best of luck to you in your future endeavours.

WM_in_MO
07-05-2013, 02:55 PM
If it were a private pool it would be up to them, but the CITY OWNS THE POOL.

Ban city owned anything.

juleswin
07-05-2013, 02:56 PM

Its a state run park, the govt is already involved and as long as her tax money helps keep the lights on, she is within her right to complain

Nobexliberty
Maybe he believe first century middle eastern customs should be carried on into the 21st century.No I belive 19th century swedish clothing is the best and will convince people that I am right without violence.

Carlybee
For the record I think she is way too endowed to be wearing a string bikini in public but that is my personal observation. I personally wouldn't be caught dead wearing that in public but it is the principle of the matter. Plus I don't like the morality police and the thought police. Sue Me.

pcosmar
07-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Maybe he believe first century middle eastern customs should be carried on into the 21st century.

Perhaps we should cover the legs of tables and chairs as well. so that no one is "offended".

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Perhaps we should cover the legs of tables and chairs as well. so that no one is "offended". That made me laugh so hard, +rep.

torchbearer

Ban city owned anything.

the ruling members of the local mafia own the pool.
it is evidence by the fact that only the property owners have the authority to make rules for it.
all other people on that property has privileges granted by the property owner.
with "public" land, you have a few local oligarchs who end up with ownership, they make the rules- you have to follow on anything they stamp "public".
then they feed you some crap about everybody "owning" it, which isn't true. just try making a new rule or removing a rule governing the property.

Carlybee
No I belive 19th century swedish clothing is the best and will convince people that I am right without violence.

http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/burkas-1-2.jpg

torchbearer
07-05-2013, 02:59 PM
For the record I think she is way too endowed to be wearing a string bikini in public but that is my personal observation. I personally wouldn't be caught dead wearing that in public but it is the principle of the matter. Plus I don't like the morality police and the thought police. Sue Me.

those things could knock out my cell signal.

heavenlyboy34
07-05-2013, 03:00 PM
I noticed netflix created a netflix for children, so kids can surf it without seeing mature content.
it didn't even require a government law, with goon squads to enforce.
like an invisible hand that filled a need.
The ancient Greeks learned rhetoric and persuasive speech as a matter of course. This allowed them to defend themselves in court and persuade other citizens to do things. Western civilization has devolved in a great many ways. :(

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 03:00 PM
That is not Swedish, that is whatever muslim women wear. Swedes can not wear that much clothing because that made it easier for us to kick their ass in the crusades!

Qdog
07-05-2013, 03:01 PM
I can understand wanting ugly people to cover up... but that lady is sexy and has great boobs! Why would anyone want her to cover up?

heavenlyboy34
07-05-2013, 03:02 PM
the ruling members of the local mafia own the pool.
it is evidence by the fact that only the property owners have the authority to make rules for it.
all other people on that property has privileges granted by the property owner.
with "public" land, you have a few local oligarchs who end up with ownership, they make the rules- you have to follow on anything they stamp "public".
then they feed you some crap about everybody "owning" it, which isn't true. just try making a new rule or removing a rule governing the property.
You ought to head into one of the threads around here about LVT or "common property". You would make some good contributions. :cool:

juleswin
07-05-2013, 03:02 PM

I see nipple @ 3rd row, 2nd from the left :)

juleswin
07-05-2013, 03:03 PM
That is not Swedish, that is whatever muslim women wear. Swedes can not wear that much clothing because that made it easier for us to kick their ass in the crusades!

This is America, nobody gives a fuck about Sweden.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 03:04 PM
I can understand wanting ugly people to cover up..

Okay I see where this thread is headed. When you guys unkink the hoses in your douchebags let me know. Mmmmkay?

Dr.3D
07-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Perhaps we should cover the legs of tables and chairs as well. so that no one is "offended".
That's the problem, there is no right to be not offended.

Edit:

If there was, we wouldn't be able to do anything, because there would be some slob that would be offended by just about everything.

torchbearer
07-05-2013, 03:07 PM

or ,better said- your values and opinions are only enforceable,morally, on your own property.
you have a right to not be offended by someone on your property.
you can ask them to leave, and if they refuse to- remove them with force.
don't go to a man's house and insult him unless you have at least the illusion of superior fire power.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 03:09 PM
This is America, nobody gives a fuck about Sweden. Sweden was the first nation not engaged in the american revolution to recognize the US, Sweden also spied for the US in the cold war. Sweden also fought alongside Americans in the Barbary wars, Sweden has done alot for America. And you live in the midwest so you may likely have Swedish ancestors too. And lets not forget the cold war protection and nice treatment of Swedish immigrants by America.

pcosmar
07-05-2013, 03:12 PM

AH,, :D

That is the truth.

And I lived in the Florida keys for many years. Most of the time my work attire was cut offs and sandals.
as little clothing as possible was common for all,, male/female, attractive or not.

On occasion, artistically applied paint is all that is worn.

I am not easily offended,, nor necessarily aroused by the human form.

pcosmar
07-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Sweden was the first nation not engaged in the american revolution to recognize the US, Sweden also spied for the US in the cold war. Sweden also fought alongside Americans in the Barbary wars, Sweden has done alot for America. And you live in the midwest so you may likely have Swedish ancestors too. And lets not forget the cold war protection and nice treatment of Swedish immigrants by America.

My farm was built by a Finnish family.. Still has the Family sauna. ;)

thoughtomator
07-05-2013, 03:15 PM

Capital offense in some cases.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 03:21 PM
My farm was built by a Finnish family.. Still has the Family sauna. ;) Swedes and Finns are brother peoples!

pcosmar
07-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Swedes and Finns are brother peoples!

I have never had a problem with naked Finns,, Though that jump in the snow part was shocking.
The ones I knew were nice folks,, not particularly prudish.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 03:30 PM
I have never had a problem with naked Finns,, Though that jump in the snow part was shocking.
The ones I knew were nice folks,, not particularly prudish. We Swedes love snow so much we invaded Russia in the Winter. Dipping in snow was shared between Swedes and Finns since the 12th century. Even überprudish people like me see it as ok.

Acala
07-05-2013, 03:32 PM

I should have read the article instead of watching the video. I assumed a water park would be privately owned. Government should not be in the water park business.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 03:34 PM
I should have read the article instead of watching the video. I assumed a water park would be privately owned. Government should not be in the water park business.Agree, I think public land parks and city roads should draw the line for what's public property.

oyarde
07-05-2013, 03:35 PM

Ban city owned anything.

I see that as a problem , if it is city and tax funded , they are way out of line .....

pcosmar
07-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Swedes and Finns are brother peoples!

sister people as well,

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0901/finland-finland-sweden-bikini-tits-blond-flag-demotivational-poster-1231836011.jpg

;)

I<3Liberty
07-05-2013, 03:41 PM
As a self-proclaimed fashionista, I will say that this bikini top was a no-no. Yes, the pool should not have singled her out, but I will go all fashion police in this post.

Bikinis, leggings, skinny jeans, and the alike are often given a bad rep. There's nothing wrong with wearing them you just have to know 1) how to wear them and 2) which cut and style is best for your shape. She (and many others) can totally pull them off as long as they get two steps down. Swimwear comes in so many varieties for a reason! This has nothing to do with her age -- the top she was wearing is just intended for super flat-chested (AA and A cup) women. I'd recommend a Freya or Panache bikini for her since they're much more supportive.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 03:42 PM
sister people as well,

I should become king of Sweden and reunite the Swedish Empire for the peoples of:Norway,Germany,baltic nations, denmark , finland and of course Karelia. And why are they not wearing proper swimwear?!?

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 03:49 PM
As a self-proclaimed fashionista, I will say that this bikini top was a no-no. Yes, the pool should not have singled her out, but I will go all fashion police in this post.

Bikinis, leggings, skinny jeans, and the alike are often given a bad rep. There's nothing wrong with wearing them you just have to know 1) how to wear them and 2) which cut and style is best for your shape. She (and many others) can totally pull them off as long as they get two steps down. Swimwear comes in so many varieties for a reason! This has nothing to do with her age -- the top she was wearing is just intended for super flat-chested (AA and A cup) women. I'd recommend a Freya or Panache bikini for her since they're much more supportive.

Thank you. Good to know that one of the leading liberty websites on the internet has our own fashion police. You may go sit with the morality police and the thought police.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Thank you. Good to know that one of the leading liberty websites on the internet has our own fashion police. You may go sit with the morality police and the thought police. It is better to police about morals then to be policed about morals!

I<3Liberty
07-05-2013, 03:53 PM
I should become king of Sweden and reunite the Swedish Empire for the peoples of:Norway,Germany,baltic nations, denmark , finland and of course Karelia. And why are they not wearing proper swimwear?!?

Proper swimwear? I highly doubt you know a thing about women's swimwear. :rolleyes: I know male fashionistas exist and that the fashion industry is chock full of men -- I just don't picture you among them.

Thank you. Good to know that one of the leading liberty websites on the internet has our own fashion police. You may go sit with the morality police and the thought police.

Okay, so maybe "police" isn't the best word. Let's put it this way -- I'm don't get pushy with unsolicited fashion advice, but I am happy to share it when asked.

idiom
07-05-2013, 03:54 PM
If it was only a polyester swimsuit that's fine. If the fabric was blended then by Moses she should be stoned.

I am pretty sure it doesn't meet the guidelines on tassels either.

(Deut 22)

Very few people really want to legislate morality. As always they are simply seeking to make other people live up to their personal ideals.

Which if they are based on hiding one of God's greatest creations are probably based on a pretty damaged psychology and not on any sort of real moral framework.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Proper swimwear? I highly doubt you know a thing about women's swimwear. :rolleyes: I know male fashionistas exist and that the fashion industry is chock full of men -- I just don't picture you among them.
I know one thing about female swimwear, too little skin is covered by them.

If it was only a polyester swimsuit that's fine. If the fabric was blended then by Moses she should be stoned.

I am pretty sure it doesn't meet the guidelines on tassels either.

(Deut 22) I remember reading it a year ago, I am not the biggest literalist really.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 03:56 PM

Okay, so maybe "police" isn't the best word. Let's put it this way -- I'm don't get pushy with unsolicited fashion advice, but I am happy to share it when asked.

Duly noted :)

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 03:56 PM

Adam and Eve were only covered by fig leaves.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Adam and Eve were only covered by fig leaves. They had nothing, then they ate the fruit and became you know ashamed for a lack of a better word. And they did not freaking exist!

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 04:02 PM
As far as bikinis go...that one wasn't even very revealing.

When I read string bikini I was expecting something like this:

http://cdn102.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/543/228/66/exotic-dancer-gold-teardrop-thong-bikini-stripper-925a.jpg

idiom
07-05-2013, 04:02 PM

I remember reading it a year ago, I am not the biggest literalist really.

Countries that actually legislate morality are often literalists.

Billions of people go without pork,ham, bacon, beef, shellfish and other odds and ends. Some countries carry serious penalities for not being covered head to toe.

Is that what you want? Because those religions are largely Abrahamic.

Dr.3D
07-05-2013, 04:04 PM

http://cdn102.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/543/228/66/exotic-dancer-gold-teardrop-thong-bikini-stripper-925a.jpg

I guess that pretty much covers it.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Countries that actually legislate morality are often literalists.

Billions of people go without pork,ham, bacon, beef, shellfish and other odds and ends. Some countries carry serious penalities for not being covered head to toe.

Is that what you want? Because those religions are largely Abrahamic. What makes you think I want to legislate morality, I just want to show it down their throats in another way. But I would never wan't morals leglistated, I would fight against it.

idiom
07-05-2013, 04:08 PM
There are entire communities in America who dress conservatively on a voluntary basis.

While we are here, the not even the ten commandments apply to gentile Christians. According to Acts 15, they only have 4 rules:

abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

If its more than that, its not in the Bible its just some yokel preacher projecting their vision of manners.

07-05-2013, 04:08 PM
She's a little big of a woman for that size suit, but everything is covered. I think it's fine.

City owned, so she has a leg to stand on if they don't have a posted policy.

juleswin
07-05-2013, 04:12 PM
She's a little big of a woman for that size suit, but everything is covered. I think it's fine.

City owned, so she has a leg to stand on if they don't have a posted policy.

The complaint is about being singled out. Shes ok with following the rules as long as it applies to the young ones too

I<3Liberty
07-05-2013, 04:13 PM

I'm not disagreeing that her bikini top wasn't the best type for her. I am however, disagreeing with the idea that bikinis themselves are morally wrong. You jumped to this conclusion because you haven't a clue about bikini cuts, sizing, or brands. If you did, you'd recommend Panache or Freya since they offer so many more sizes than most stores. Her biggest problem isn't the fact that she's wearing a bikini, it's that the cut is not for her -- it lacks sufficient support and the cups are both too widely spaced and too small.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 04:14 PM
I'm not disagreeing that her bikini top wasn't the best type for her. I am however, disagreeing with the idea that bikinis themselves are morally wrong. You jumped to this conclusion because you haven't a clue about bikini cuts, sizing, or brands. If you did, you'd recommend Panache or Freya since they offer so many more sizes than most stores. Her biggest problem isn't the fact that she's wearing a bikini, it's that the cut is not for her -- it lacks sufficient support and the cups are both too widely spaced and too small.

Bikinis are morally wrong. They're the antithesis of modest dress. I woman should only wear a bikini in the presence of her husband, and no one else.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 04:15 PM
There are entire communities in America who dress conservatively on a voluntary basis. That is why I love America, try finding christians who dress modestly in Sweden then you have to look far.

Feeding the Abscess
07-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Wonder what she looked like at 22 or 32. Not bad at all for 42 and having lost 100 pounds. I was honestly expecting an eyesore.

Anyway, prudes gonna prude.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 04:17 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxbd9kOFMx1r6g8mxo1_400.jpg

Occam's Banana
07-05-2013, 04:19 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if that's already happened at some time in the past. I've heard they actually did that kind of thing with piano legs once upon a time, though I am not certain of the veracity of the claim.

In the ante-bellum South, it was verboten in "decent" society to refer to women's legs as "legs" (the proper term was "limbs").

pcosmar
07-05-2013, 04:20 PM
The complaint is about being singled out. Shes ok with following the rules as long as it applies to the young ones too

Showed my wife the thread.. She tends to be a bit more "conservative" than me,, and wears a One Piece suit when (rarely) we go swimming.

She said that she would be owning that park. It was clearly discrimination.

I like that girl.

I<3Liberty
07-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Bikinis are morally wrong. They're the antithesis of modest dress. I woman should only wear a bikini in the presence of her husband, and no one else.

Face palm... they are not. You guys haven't a clue about bikinis, so I highly recommend you stop trying to argue over something you do not know enough about.

Once again, it's not that she's wearing a bikini, it's that the bikini is not the best fit for her. She needs a molded or under wire cup from a company like Freya or Panache that sizes their swimwear by cup and band size.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Yes and in the antebellum south it was required that decent women wear a corset, bloomers, a petticoat, and be buttoned up from stem to stern. All of it an offshoot from Victorian England.

Nobexliberty
Wonder what she looked like at 22 or 32. Not bad at all for 42 and having lost 100 pounds. I was honestly expecting an eyesore.

Anyway, prudes gonna prude. Prudes rule!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxbd9kOFMx1r6g8mxo1_400.jpg

That is a modest dress:)

Danan
Well I hope I never move to a community where it is expected women have to wear bloomers down to their knees as swimsuits.

I'm of the opinion that this would be even more cruel to the man in that community! :p

heavenlyboy34
Is that why you posted so many pics of bikini clad young ladies on revbox several months ago? ;)

Danan
07-05-2013, 04:25 PM
That is why I love America, try finding christians who dress modestly in Sweden then you have to look far.

Go to a nunnery if that's what turns you on. ;)

Danan
07-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Is that why you posted so many pics of bikini clad young ladies on revbox several months ago? ;)

Are you saying that naked women on the internet are real people?! :eek:

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Prudes rule!

That is a modest dress:)

That is a drawing inspired by the book "The Handmaid's Tale"...a futuristic story about a dystopian society set in a totalitarian Christian theocracy where women were treated as chattel.

TruckinMike
07-05-2013, 04:27 PM

http://silentpartnercoaching.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/old-fashioned-bathing-suit.jpg

Perfect!:)

TMike's general rule of choosing a women: There is something to say for a modest woman. --> The odds of staying married and having healthy successful children are great. Go with a the easy woman who cares nothing for herself ---> and she'll care nothing for you, your children, or your marriage. Her concerns will be for the immediate self.

Women wearing sexually provocative clothing are only feeding themselves -- feeding their sense of self importance.

"If you tell me how you get your feeling of importance, I'll tell you what you are. That determines your character. That is the most significant thing about you."
Dale Carnegie

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 04:28 PM
That is a drawing inspired by the book "The Handmaid's Tale"...a futuristic story about a dystopian society set in a totalitarian Christian theocracy where women were treated as chattel. Nice Trick painting, but I like women in modest clothing.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Face palm... they are not. You guys haven't a clue about bikinis, so I highly recommend you stop trying to argue over something you do not know enough about.

Once again, it's not that she's wearing a bikini, it's that the bikini is not the best fit for her. She needs a molded or under wire cup from a company like Freya or Panache that sizes their swimwear by cup and band size.

Wearing a bikini is not dressing modestly. Does matter if it fits or not.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Go to a nunnery if that's what turns you on. ;)
It is a SIN to have look upon a women with lust! I think , not sure because I have not read the bible in over a year.

pcosmar

I have danced the streets of Key West during Fantasy Fest,, from sundown to sun up. Several times.

I can assure you,, they are real.

Just google "Fantasy Fest" (NSFW)..It is quite a party.

I<3Liberty
Wearing a bikini is not dressing modestly. Does matter if it fits or not.

Soooo... do you wear a shirt when you swim and expect other guys to?

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/politics/romneyswims.banner.AP.jpg

Generalissimo
Perfect!:)

TMike's general rule of choosing a women: There is something to say for a modest woman. --> The odds of staying married and having healthy successful children are great. Go with a the easy woman who cares nothing for herself ---> and she'll care nothing for you, your children, or your marriage. Her concerns will be for the immediate self.

Women wearing sexually provocative clothing are only feeding themselves -- feeding their sense of self importance.

+rep

heavenlyboy34
07-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Some are. Others are photo realistic digital art.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Soooo... do you wear a shirt when you swim and expect other guys to.

Men and women dress differently. Get over your "egalitarian" bullshit. A woman exposing 90% of her breasts in a bikini is not the same as man showing his chest.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 04:32 PM
It is a SIN to have look upon a women with lust! I think , not sure because I have not read the bible in over a year.

It is also sinful to dress in a way that evokes lustful thoughts.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 04:33 PM
It is also sinful to dress in a way that evokes lustful thoughts. Yes!!!

I<3Liberty
07-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Men and women dress differently. Get over your "egalitarian" bullshit. A woman exposing 90% of her breasts in a bikini is not the same as man showing his chest.

Not all bikinis are skimpy. If a guy can go shirtless, I see no reason why a girl can't wear this...

http://my-img.jamespot.com/userdata/spot/thumb/b6/95/573755/1344343565.jpeg

I do.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Not all bikinis are skimpy. If a guy can go shirtless, I see no reason why a girl can't wear this...

Because that is a sin.

I<3Liberty
07-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Because that is a sin.

Uhmm, no. She's covered up more than a shirtless guy.

Natural Citizen
07-05-2013, 04:37 PM
It is also sinful to dress in a way that evokes lustful thoughts.

I've seen news stories where some dolt shoved a pop bottle up his ass for sexual pleasure. Was this a derivative of the fact that maybe someone was wearing one of those have a coke and a smile tee shirts and it set the feller off in a lustful rage? I don't get it with the religious moral quackery. I never have.

Maybe the person who wanted her thrown out just had their own personal issues with self contol. Ever think about that? Or is there no scripture for that sitiation?

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Uhmm, no. She's covered up more than a shirtless guy. There is a big difference between a shirtless Man and female.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Omg. Generalissimo posts a pic of a woman with her vagina hanging out then goes on to preach about modest dress. Y'all are too much. Really. Hope you enjoy pleasuring yourselves when you choose women who only dress in such a way so as not to inspire lustful thoughts. If you were as moral as you pretend...you shouldn't be having lustful thoughts regardless.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 04:39 PM
There is a big difference between a shirtless Man and female.

Don't be sexist! Men and women are exactly the same! Blah blah blah egalitarian feminist bullshit.

I<3Liberty
07-05-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm just leaving this thread. Generalissimo can dislike bikinis, but he should not be negative repping other folks based on their opinions nor should they use flawed logic and double standards.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Omg. Generalissimo posts a pic of a woman with her vagina hanging out then goes on to preach about modest dress. Y'all are too much. Really. Hope you enjoy pleasuring yourselves when you choose women who only dress in such a way so as not to inspire lustful thoughts. If you were as moral as you pretend...you shouldn't be having lustful thoughts regardless.

I posted that that was what I expected her to have been wearing to be thrown out of a water park. I would have thrown her out too if I was the manager. As inappropriate as all bikinis are in public, today's immoral standards accept them, except when they are extremely revealing (which really isn't that much more revealing than the bikini picture I3Liberty posted).

dannno
07-05-2013, 04:41 PM
No I belive 19th century swedish clothing is the best and will convince people that I am right without violence.

You think people living on the equator should be wearing 19th century Swedish clothing??

Natural Citizen
07-05-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm just leaving this thread. Generalissimo can dislike bikinis, but he should not be negative repping other folks based on their opinions nor should they use flawed logic and double standards.

Meh. You'll probably get a few more good reps to cover it.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 04:43 PM

It's not double standards. It's completely different standards which should be applied completely differently. Men and women are different, they have different bodies, minds, abilities, and roles and should be judged accordingly. A shirtless man is completely different from a shirtless woman. A woman's attire is completely different from that of a man.

LibertyEagle

What infringement of freedom? It was PRIVATE PROPERTY and they can set whatever rules they want to if people want to come onto it.

Nobexliberty
Don't be sexist! Men and women are exactly the same! Blah blah blah egalitarian feminist bullshit. In school i was tought Women and Men are exactly the same and have the same body parts and only the size of them makes men and women unequal

You think people living on the equator should be wearing 19th century Swedish clothing?? If it is too hot let them have some cooler modest clothing.

dannno
Because that is a sin.

Looks like heaven to me.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 04:44 PM
You think people living on the equator should be wearing 19th century Swedish clothing??

I didn't see him say that. He didn't even say people should be dressed exactly the same as in the 19th century. You can dress in a modern way while still dressing modestly. You can live in a hot climate without the need to expose your entire body.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 04:46 PM
I posted that that was what I expected her to have been wearing to be thrown out of a water park. I would have thrown her out too if I was the manager. As inappropriate as all bikinis are in public, today's immoral standards accept them, except when they are extremely revealing (which really isn't that much more revealing than the bikini picture I3Liberty posted).

You know what's revealing? This thread.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 04:47 PM
What infringement of freedom? It was PRIVATE PROPERTY and they can set whatever rules they want to if people want to come onto it.

No LE...it wasn't private property. It was a waterpark owned by the city.

Nobexliberty
You know what's revealing? This thread. True, unless I misunderstood you.

pcosmar

NO, it was not.
It is not a private property issue. It is city owned. and a "dress code" should apply to all or none.

Not just a random or discriminatory decision by some flunky.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2013, 04:48 PM

Problem is, her bikini top is about 2-3 sizes too small.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 04:48 PM
You know what's revealing? This thread.

Yeah, how shocking, I'm a Catholic social conservative and I don't approve of dressing in a way that evoke lustful thoughts in others! No one on this forum knew that!

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Yeah, how shocking, I'm a Catholic social conservative and I don't approve of dressing in a way that evoke lustful thoughts in others! No one on this forum knew that!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-H3LpL8EE6h4/TjthmXEIV_I/AAAAAAAAASU/6nlCP0F2ZI8/s1600/crazytrain.jpg

I<3Liberty
07-05-2013, 04:49 PM

Exactly. A more supportive and covering top would solve the problem. Some of the guys on this thread have turned this into a bikini bashing thread, but they're apparently okay with guys going completely topless.

pcosmar
07-05-2013, 04:51 PM

Translation..
Her breasts are too big.

It was my wife's first reaction too.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 04:52 PM
I think we are all aware her top was too small. What if she was an A cup and her little bittie titties were falling out of her too loose top? Would that person have been kicked out as well? Or was the guy just so offended by a set of big boobs that he felt all the little children were going to be damned to Hell for viewing them? WTF?

Generalissimo
Exactly. A more supportive and covering top would solve the problem. Some of the guys on this thread have turned this into a bikini bashing thread, but they're apparently okay with guys going completely topless.

Yes, I'm completely ok with a man going topless because a man's breasts so no elicit lust in the same a woman's does.
​Men and women are different.

I<3Liberty
It's not double standards. It's completely different standards which should be applied completely differently. Men and women are different, they have different bodies, minds, abilities, and roles and should be judged accordingly. A shirtless man is completely different from a shirtless woman. A woman's attire is completely different from that of a man.

I highly disagree with you, but based on your logic a man with man boobs would have to wear a top while a women that had a mastectomy would be exempt from wearing a top?

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Yes, I'm completely ok with a man going topless because a man's breasts so no elicit lust in the same a woman's does.

How do you know? I guarantee you that Gerard Butler with no shirt on would probably inspire a lustful thought or two. Should he wrap it up?

Philhelm
07-05-2013, 04:54 PM

No! Liberty be damned.

pcosmar
07-05-2013, 04:55 PM

Dude,, I went to a Catholic School as a kid.. I dated Catholic School Girls.

apparently your fantasy life is a lot richer than mine.

I<3Liberty
How do you know? I guarantee you that Gerard Butler with no shirt on would probably inspire a lustful thought or two. Should he wrap it up?

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Carlybee again."

pcosmar
No! Liberty be damned.

Then you really wouldn't like my G-string. (it's purple,, my wife's favorite color)

Generalissimo
Dude,, I went to a Catholic School as a kid.. I dated Catholic School Girls.

apparently your fantasy life is a lot richer than mine.

What does that have to do with anything in this thread?

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 04:56 PM
No! Liberty be damned.
What does that have to do with liberty? If so then America is more free now then in 1900.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-05-2013, 04:56 PM
I am continually amazed at the pervasiveness of prudeness. There is nothing wrong with the human body. Only in your mind is there something wrong and indecent about nature and beauty. I thought Christians believed we were made in His image. Are Christians saying His image is indecent, blasphemous, and needs to be covered? Sure, the owner has the right to demand certain attire from those on his property, and I am in my right to call him a freedom-stomping prude. It's a freaking water park, not like it was a high-end restaurant where Frank Sinatra is singing...sheesh.

pcosmar
07-05-2013, 04:58 PM
What does that have to do with anything in this thread?

The separation between your fantasy of morality and real life.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 04:59 PM
I am continually amazed at the pervasiveness of prudeness. There is nothing wrong with the human body. Only in your mind is there something wrong and indecent about nature and beauty. I thought Christians believed we were made in His image. Are Christians saying His image is indecent, blasphemous, and needs to be covered? Sure, the owner has the right to demand certain attire from those on his property, and I am in my right to call him a freedom-stomping prude. It's a freaking water park, not like it was a high-end restaurant where Frank Sinatra is singing...sheesh.

You completely misunderstand why a Christian should not wear a bikini.

Nobexliberty
07-05-2013, 05:00 PM
I am continually amazed at the pervasiveness of prudeness. There is nothing wrong with the human body. Only in your mind is there something wrong and indecent about nature and beauty. I thought Christians believed we were made in His image. Are Christians His image is indecent, blasphemous, and needs to be covered? Sure, the owner has the right to demand certain attire from those on his property, and I am in my right to call him a freedom-stomping prude. It's a freaking water park, not like it was a high-end restaurant where Frank Sinatra is singing...sheesh.
Because the word of God and his Son is that humans shall not provoke lustfull feelings or have them, atleast what I believe. Anyway good night my fellow libertarians.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 05:01 PM
The separation between your fantasy of morality and real life.

It's not my fantasy. It's the objective morality spelled out in Scripture and passed down over 2000 years by Holy Tradition and the living Magisterium.

Sadly, we are sinful people which means we often reject God.

I<3Liberty
You completely misunderstand why a Christian should not wear a bikini.

I'm Christian and I wear a bikini. No, I don't wear super sleezy swimwear or anything of the alike, yet I do wear a bikini. For the ten millionth time -- they are not all sleezy. There are some bikinis that cover more than some one-piece swim suits.

If you are so disturbed by bikinis, I think it's time for therapy. Seriously.

Carlybee
Lol..neg repped by the Generalissimo......and people question that the liberty movement has been co-opted.
Seek help dear.

MelissaWV
07-05-2013, 05:02 PM
I don't wear a bikini because it's a pain in the ass to swim in. I don't wear weird bloomers that go down to my knees for the same reason. I'm sure you would disapprove of wet suits, too, since they cover everything... but are too tight! So basically you are left swimming in street clothing, but only while wearing a supportive and padded bra. That is going to be really fun to go scalloping in.

Strangely, if you think back to Adam & Eve, it wasn't the nudity God took issue with.

Oh and if you have lustful thoughts provoked by a flash of thigh-above-the-knee or arm-above-the-elbow or nape-of-the-neck then those are kind of your problem.

http://www.southbeachswimsuits.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/e/3/e301-1b88_.jpg

Oh noes! The lustfulness of a bikini!

http://newswimwearshop.com/images/201108/source_img/Valerie_Checkered_Pattern_Tankini_original_img_131 3722987_173_.jpg

God save us all! There is no way to resist!

pcosmar
07-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Strangely, if you think back to Adam & Eve, it wasn't the nudity God took issue with.

:D

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Lol..neg repped by the Generalissimo......and people question that the liberty movement has been co-opted.
Seek help dear.

I nagged rep your post with the "crazy train" picture in response to me saying I'm a social conservative.

The liberty movement surely has been co-opted by libertines

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Because the word of God and his Son is that humans shall not provoke lustfull feelings or have them, atleast what I believe. Anyway good night my fellow libertarians.

That is so broad and vague as to render it entirely useless. By the very virtue of being born handsome, or beautiful you have provoked such thoughts, and thus, since you were made in His image, then it is God himself endowing you these features that create this provocation of lust. Should women who have beautiful faces where covers like Burqa's? Ever heard of DSL? You're as bad as the Islamist fundies who make women cover up their entire bodies from head to toe. It's embarassingly juvenile and tyrannical.

I think it is you two who have a logical disconnect. Also, if you aren't to have 'lustful' feelings (which aren't too different from love), then how on Earth is your marriage supposed to last? Sex by its very nature is a very lust-oriented action. You get home and see your beautiful wife and you get aroused and lust for her touch at that moment - that's endowed by nature. It isn't a thing to be shunned, cast-aside, and mocked as sin. That's fucking stupid and doesn't even comport to basic logical Christianity imho. How can you say God made us in His image and then say such stupid shit? Honestly.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 05:09 PM

When Adam and Eve were naked there was no sin in the world. They were not lusting after each other. And they were married.

QuickZ06
07-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Whew, good thing Adam and Eve are not around anymore. I guess they would be screwed at this park. And I have been to a good amount of beaches around the world and this lady has got nothing on them. Meanwhile TSA is fondling my genitals and my grandma while everyone is in an uproar over a woman excited about finally being able to wear said swimsuit. But don't worry, this is obviously why kids are the way they are these days, seeing a mature woman with a full figure at the pool once in a while.

Never mind the fact they sit glued to the TV watching god knows what and getting taught right and wrong from the government. Oh, the horror. Nipples covered, check. Vagina covered, check. Nothing to see here folks move along. And this thread is 16 pages, lordy.

MelissaWV
When Adam and Eve were naked there was no sin in the world. They were not lusting after each other. And they were married.

Who performed a marriage? I don't see anything about a wedding. I see mention about making someone a mate or partner.

This is also rather backwards, if you think about it. They were naked and there was no sin in the world. Being naked is a sin. But there was no sin in the world when they were naked. But... being naked is a sin.

Generalissimo
http://newswimwearshop.com/images/201108/source_img/Valerie_Checkered_Pattern_Tankini_original_img_131 3722987_173_.jpg

This is much more appropriate than what that woman was wearing.

MelissaWV
07-05-2013, 05:11 PM
This is much more appropriate than what that woman was wearing.

It is a bikini and it shows her thighs above the knees, and it is cinched under her bosom. Obviously lustful. Shame on you, sinner.

mac_hine
07-05-2013, 05:13 PM

http://viewology.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/An-Arab-woman-wearing-burqa-swimming-in-a-pool-450x287.jpg

heavenlyboy34
07-05-2013, 05:14 PM
I nagged rep your post with the "crazy train" picture in response to me saying I'm a social conservative.

The liberty movement surely has been co-opted by libertines
lol, I wish. It's been co-opted by conservatives IMO. :P

QuickZ06
07-05-2013, 05:14 PM
//

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Who performed the marriage? I don't see anything about a wedding. I see mention about making someone a mate or partner.

Marriage does not require anyone except the bride, groom, and God. Even in the Catholic Church it is the bride and groom who are the ministers of the Sacrament, not the priest, who is there as a witness of God's Church.

God created Adam and Eve to be together. His purpose for them was unity and to multiply. There is no doubt in anyone who reads and understands Genesis that the were married.

This is also rather backwards, if you think about it. They were naked and there was no sin in the world. Being naked is a sin. But there was no sin in the world when they were naked. But... being naked is a sin.

Being naked is not a sin. It is not a sin to take a shower or a bath. It is not a sin to be naked with one's spouse. It is not a sin for a baby to run around the house naked. It is not a sin to be naked while being examined by a doctor.

Dressing in a way that elicits lustful thoughts in others is sinful.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Something tells me Generalissomo and Noexliberty would be more at home in Saudia Arabia where their view on the body and women is carried out by fundie Islamists. Seems they have more in common than they'd otherwise admit!

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 05:17 PM
It is a bikini and it shows her thighs above the knees, and it is cinched under her bosom. Obviously lustful.

Not every man's thoughts automatically go to lust when he sees a woman's thighs. What she is wearing is appropriate because it does not expose her breasts or the majority of her body. It certainly is an acceptable alternative to a "string bikini."

Shame on you, sinner.

I am ashamed of all my sins, as should you be of yours.

heavenlyboy34
07-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Who performed a marriage? I don't see anything about a wedding. I see mention about making someone a mate or partner.

The standard answer for that is that since they lacked knowledge of good/evil, they did not even understand their nakedness. So, being naked in itself is not a sin, but being naked in a manner displeasing to Yahweh is sin.

MelissaWV
07-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Marriage does not require anyone except the bride, groom, and God. Even in the Catholic Church it is the bride and groom who are the ministers of the Sacrament, not the priest, who is there as a witness of God's Church.

Excellent :) So people who are "living together in sin" really aren't, as they may have promised before God but just haven't drawn it all up and gone to Church. Glad we resolved that here.

You do realize the bikinis I posted do far less to elicit lustful thoughts in others than some clothing that covers one from head to toe? That in some countries (I wasn't making it up) it is the nape of the neck that is considered the height of sensuality, or the hands, or the curve of the waist, or the arch of the eyebrows? I mean really, at what point does it stop?

When you say so? :p

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Something tells me Generalissomo and Noexliberty would be more at home in Saudia Arabia where their view on the body and women is carried out by fundie Islamists. Seems they have more in common than they'd otherwise admit!

Not at all. Islam is a false religion and is based on violence instead of preaching love of others (which is one reason you should dress modestly, to not tempt other into sin) and forgiveness for sins.

MelissaWV
07-05-2013, 05:20 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_68IccIM556A/TDv8Md_Z6_I/AAAAAAAAEuc/wrWov5y8qEU/s1600/IMG_1478.JPG

Proper compromise.

mac_hine
07-05-2013, 05:21 PM

Maybe you're brand of Catholic social conservatism is one of the reasons why you're religion is plagued by pederasts.

QuickZ06
07-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Is that you Melissa?

MelissaWV
07-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Incidentally, Ed, I am pretty sure the photos I posted inspired lustful thoughts. Even if you say it's appropriate, I am betting that they were deemed sexy by at least a few on the forums.

http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/35908/geisha-back-glow_master.jpg

What is "scandalous" has evolved greatly. Yes, there are some invitations that are universally interpreted, and an owner has every right to dismiss someone for any reason he or she sees fit imo, but you will just not convince me that wearing a bikini for swimming is some sort of awful, mortal, evil thing because YOU can see parts that set you aquiver.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 05:24 PM

If the "choo" fits

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Excellent :) So people who are "living together in sin" really aren't, as they may have promised before God but just haven't drawn it all up and gone to Church. Glad we resolved that here.

That isn't remotely close to what I said. The Sacrament of marriage is administered by the bride and groom onto each other, but that does not mean you do not need the Church as a witness for the Sacrament to be licitly performed. Two people living together without having been married in a Church are in sin. You cannot be married without the Church, even though it is not a priest who administers the Sacrament of Marriage.

You do realize the bikinis I posted do far less to elicit lustful thoughts in others than some clothing that covers one from head to toe? That in some countries (I wasn't making it up) it is the nape of the neck that is considered the height of sensuality, or the hands, or the curve of the waist, or the arch of the eyebrows? I mean really, at what point does it stop?

When you say so? :p

I agree that the two outfits you posted are not as bad as others, especially what the woman who was thrown out of the water park for wearing. The first one, however, still shows too much cleavage.

In countries or cultures in which different body parts elicit lustful desires then those are the body parts that should be covered of dressed in a way that mitigates that effect. While modesty is a universal concept, the exact form in which it is practiced varies.

MelissaWV
Is that you Melissa?

In the foreground? No that is some hussy. Like I would shoe my toes! What kind of skank do you think I am!?!?!?

I am wearing the much denser foliage in the background to keep myself properly covered.

dannno
I didn't see him say that. He didn't even say people should be dressed exactly the same as in the 19th century. You can dress in a modern way while still dressing modestly. You can live in a hot climate without the need to expose your entire body.

They said their preference was to 19th century Swedish clothing.

http://ourfondmemories.com/images/Anderson00.06_Swedish_national_costumes.png

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-05-2013, 05:26 PM

God created Adam and Eve to be together. His purpose for them was unity and to multiply. There is no doubt in anyone who reads and understands Genesis that the were married.

Being naked is not a sin. It is not a sin to take a shower or a bath. It is not a sin to be naked with one's spouse. It is not a sin for a baby to run around the house naked. It is not a sin to be naked while being examined by a doctor.

Dressing in a way that elicits lustful thoughts in others is sinful.

This 'seven deadly sins' BS is not even a part of the Bible. It is made up by some freaking 4th Century Monk. In proverbs it says:

A proud look
A lying tongue
Hands that shed innocent blood
A heart that devises wicked plots
Feet that are swift to run into mischief
A deceitful witness that uttereth lies
Him that soweth discord among brethren

Are the 'sins'. I don't see where eliciting lustful thoughts in others is sinful. And if we take Galatians (sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery), it is read as adultery. Nothing here either about eliciting lustful thoughts in others as sin. This very idea is absent Christian because He made us in His image, and saying that His image is sinful is quite frankly beyond dumb for a Christian to do.

Genesis 1:27

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Maybe you're brand of Catholic social conservatism is one of the reasons why you're religion is plagued by pederasts.

Or it could be the fact that the spike in sexual abuse in the Church was right after the Church "modernized" and turned its back on God in so many ways.

Carlybee
Incidentally, Ed, I am pretty sure the photos I posted inspired lustful thoughts. Even if you say it's appropriate, I am betting that they were deemed sexy by at least a few on the forums.

http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/35908/geisha-back-glow_master.jpg

What is "scandalous" has evolved greatly. Yes, there are some invitations that are universally interpreted, and an owner has every right to dismiss someone for any reason he or she sees fit imo, but you will just not convince me that wearing a bikini for swimming is some sort of awful, mortal, evil thing because YOU can see parts that set you aquiver.

Exactly...it's the same type of thought process that has forced women into burkas. Because the men have no control over themselves they have to blind themselves.

mac_hine
I think we are all aware her top was too small. What if she was an A cup and her little bittie titties were falling out of her too loose top? Would that person have been kicked out as well? Or was the guy just so offended by a set of big boobs that he felt all the little children were going to be damned to Hell for viewing them? WTF?

This baby is a future degenerate.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/28/article-0-163FE15D000005DC-866_634x472.jpg

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 05:28 PM
This 'seven deadly sins' BS is not even a part of the Bible. It is made up by some freaking 4th Century Monk.

Modesty certainly is in the Bible:

1 Timothy 2:9
Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire

Anyway, the Bible is not the only source of Divine Revelation. Holy Tradition and the living Magisterium are as well.

MelissaWV
07-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Exactly...it's the same type of thought process that has forced women into burkas. Because the men have no control over themselves they have to blind themselves.

Oh my God! You have it! It would make more sense to just issue the guys blindfolds!!! You, ma'am, are a genius.

MelissaWV

Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire

Anyway, the Bible is not the only source of Divine Revelation. Holy Tradition and the living Magisterium are as well.

I am so fucked. I braid my hair after swimming to keep it out of my way :(

Generalissimo
This baby is a future degenerate.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/28/article-0-163FE15D000005DC-866_634x472.jpg

Or perhaps the child is just hungry. But yes, that child was born a sinner and will be a sinner his entire life.

Natural Citizen
07-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Islam is a false religion and is based on violence instead of preaching love of others and forgiveness for sins.

Ah, yes. I remember now.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/us-military-weapons-inscribed-secret-jesus-bible-codes/story?id=9575794

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 05:32 PM

Maybe if the men had some self control it wouldnt have been necessary to issue that edict. And it doesn't say shit about bikinis in the 21st century.

QuickZ06
07-05-2013, 05:33 PM
In the foreground? No that is some hussy. Like I would shoe my toes! What kind of skank do you think I am!?!?!?

I am wearing the much denser foliage in the background to keep myself properly covered.

OMFG, funny!

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Maybe if the men had some self control it wouldnt have been necessary to issue that edict. And it doesn't say shit about bikinis in the 21st century.

Men should have self control, obviously. But that does not mean women should be dressing in ways they know will tempt men.

And the Bible doesn't need to say anything about bikinis, the concept of modesty is enough. The Bible doesn't need to list out every last sin or circumstance which may be sinful. That would be a never ending book.

QuickZ06
//

dannno

Hah, no braided hair eh?!

MelissaWV
07-05-2013, 05:36 PM

This guy was totally SOL:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jGNr5ruEdIk/UCam3ICdGlI/AAAAAAAAC-c/cBZcjYCHY-I/s400/Ramses-1.jpg

(Last pic, I swear. He's just so awesomely yummy and happens to be relevant for once.)

Generalissimo

I'm assuming that at that time braided hair was something immodest. That doesn't mean it is now, but the concept of modesty remains.

Austrian Econ Disciple
Not at all. Islam is a false religion and is based on violence instead of preaching love of others (which is one reason you should dress modestly, to not tempt other into sin) and forgiveness for sins.

Telling women that the way they dress causes them to get raped (you all but outright said it), that they should cover up large swaths of their body lest they be purged to Hell, and that absent any same connection to men is made. Simply put, your beyond biased and are trying to use Christianity as justification for beliefs otherwise that have no justification. There are certainly appropriate attire for specific occassions, but it does not follow that the body itself is abhorrent and needs to be covered lest we provoke those awful deviant urges which God has endowed us with. Besides, you still haven't answered the question about handsome men and beautiful women. I take one look at Penelope Cruz's beautiful face...and woo, I'm lusting. Do beautiful people need to wear Burqa like garments to prevent them from sinning?

MelissaWV
07-05-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm assuming that at that time braided hair was something immodest. That doesn't mean it is now, but the concept of modesty remains.

It is infinitely more likely that women of a certain class and heritage were able to have their hair braided and washed regularly, hence the inclusion of gold and pearls. It talks about modesty in a monetary sense more than a carnal one. Extending that, as long as the bikini was on sale she's okay.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Telling women that the way they dress causes them to get raped (you all but outright said it),

I never said or even insinuated that. Don't put words in my mouth.

MelissaWV
07-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.

Strange that parts of things get left out...

Of course, we're already screwed:

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

You know that time you put on your boyfriend or husband's tee shirt? Yep. Abomination.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-05-2013, 05:40 PM

That's talking about not wearing fancy and expensive clothing, not about midriff's and exposing certain %'s of your skin. You take everything and skew it to fit your preconceived ideas of 'right and wrong' instead of reading what it actually says. You're beyond hopeless, and thank God you're in the vast vast minority.

At least you tacitly admitted there is no such thing as provoking others to lustful thoughts as sin.

Generalissimo
07-05-2013, 05:41 PM
It is infinitely more likely that women of a certain class and heritage were able to have their hair braided and washed regularly, hence the inclusion of gold and pearls. It talks about modesty in a monetary sense more than a carnal one.

You're right and in my post I never made any reference to carnal modesty.

Extending that, as long as the bikini was on sale she's okay.

It's sad that you make a really good post and usually are very intelligent in your arguments, though we more often than not disagree, and then have to end your post with such a dumb comment.

I<3Liberty
07-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Men should have self control, obviously. But that does not mean women should be dressing in ways they know will tempt men.

And the Bible doesn't need to say anything about bikinis, the concept of modesty is enough. The Bible doesn't need to list out every last sin or circumstance which may be sinful. That would be a never ending book.

Sexual offenders (both rapists and pedophiles) are truly sick people. When they make claims like "the baby/kid was too cute" or "the girl/lady was too hot" it just shows how messed up they truly are.

mac_hine

When dealing with most religious types, it's wise to expect copious amounts of mind boggling hypocrisy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxsGyljd6B0

Carlybee
Intermission

http://dandwh.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/gerardbutler48.jpg

MelissaWV
07-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Intermission

http://dandwh.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/gerardbutler48.jpg

See and that does nothing for me. His best features to me are on his face, anyhow, and without a color photo you can't even appreciate his eyes :(

Obviously he needs to wear a Guy Fawkes mask around me.

Christian Liberty
07-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Regarding the whole modesty thing...

Men have nobody to blame but themselves for their sin. Women have nobody to blame but themselves for their sin. Ultimately, we are each responsible for our own sin.

Nonetheless, that we are responsible for our sin doesn't change the fact that people still tempt other people. A temptation makes it easier to sin but does not excuse sin.

Now, regarding modesty, the body was indeed made in God's image. Before the Fall, it was completely appropriate, and shameless, to be naked. It was only after the Fall that it was ordained that man should wear clothing.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2013, 05:59 PM
No LE...it wasn't private property. It was a waterpark owned by the city.

Yes, you are right about it not being private property. But, there are things like local public indecency laws. If she wasn't hanging out of her bathing suit, I doubt there would have been an issue. Her claim that she was wearing the same size bathing suit as the "girls" at the park is ludicrous and not germane at all, because she was attempting to stuff a larger body into a size that did not fit her.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Yes, you are right about it not being private property. But, there are things like local public indecency laws. If she wasn't hanging out of her bathing suit, I doubt there would have been an issue.

But we don't know that this place had such laws. And there were others wearing the same type suits so she was being singled out because she had large breasts. Please show me where there are laws stating that big boobs hanging out of a bikini top is against the law. She wasn't naked. It was a decision made by the manager of the park and if you look at the pic, while she might have made a better choice from an esoteric standpoint, it wasn't as bad as things they show on TV during prime time.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Yes, you are right about it not being private property. But, there are things like local public indecency laws. If she wasn't hanging out of her bathing suit, I doubt there would have been an issue. Her claim that she was wearing the same size bathing suit as the "girls" at the park is ludicrous and not germane at all, because she was attempting to stuff a larger body into a size that did not fit her.

Seems like it fit her just fine. Also people calling what she wore as a 'string bikini' lol...This is a string bikini!

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=22380&d=1349452513

Also public indecency laws are ridiculous and need to be repealed and abolished. Since when do other people have the right to incarcerate and or fine you if you happen to offend their sensibilities? That's ridiculous, and don't give me 'for the children' BS. Most of the world's children population grows up around naked people and they aren't messed up in the head. Can't say the same for many growing up in the stigmatized West though....

pcosmar
07-05-2013, 06:16 PM
If she wasn't hanging out of her bathing suit, I doubt there would have been an issue. Her claim that she was wearing the same size bathing suit as the "girls" at the park is ludicrous and not germane at all, because she was attempting to stuff a larger body into a size that did not fit her.

http://onely.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/2065889629_3d27b4ce2f.jpg

Had nothing to do with indecency laws.
It was a water park, People wear bathing suits.

devil21
07-05-2013, 06:18 PM
I did not mean head to toe clothing. Just a lower knee-ankle high skirt or dress and some headgear.

That is the great thing about liberty, I will find my über conservative community amongst the 350 million americans.

Enjoy your empty water park. Ain't the free market grand? You'll be out of business before you even open your pool if you institute a dress code like that.

And, as usual, South Park already hit the nail on the head on this issue.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s05e06-cartmanland

MelissaWV
07-05-2013, 06:25 PM
I lied about being done with pictures.

Anyone want to take a stab at where this was taken?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EdkXPs4JrK8/T_yN9HkMroI/AAAAAAAAEb4/Peeq6oHMs5c/s1600/June+2012+027.JPG

LibertyEagle
07-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Seems like it fit her just fine. Also people calling what she wore as a 'string bikini' lol...This is a string bikini!
The breasts of the woman who was asked to cover up, were all but falling out of the bikini top. She was wearing a much too small size.

Also public indecency laws are ridiculous and need to be repealed and abolished. Since when do other people have the right to incarcerate and or fine you if you happen to offend their sensibilities? That's ridiculous, and don't give me 'for the children' BS. Most of the world's children population grows up around naked people and they aren't messed up in the head. Can't say the same for many growing up in the stigmatized West though....

You see, that's the great thing about liberty. You have the liberty to move somewhere that has the local laws/ordinances that you prefer.

LibertyEagle
07-05-2013, 06:33 PM
But we don't know that this place had such laws. And there were others wearing the same type suits so she was being singled out because she had large breasts. Please show me where there are laws stating that big boobs hanging out of a bikini top is against the law. She wasn't naked. It was a decision made by the manager of the park and if you look at the pic, while she might have made a better choice from an esoteric standpoint, it wasn't as bad as things they show on TV during prime time.

Most cities have public indecency laws/ordinances. Her top was too small for her size breasts. It was clear as day. That was her problem.

Czolgosz
07-05-2013, 06:35 PM

I guess that pretty much covers it.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/bluelightpics/smileys/rimshot.gif

:D

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Hey look... I am adding an Alice Cooper video for no reason at all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRm-1S2Rd7U

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 07:02 PM

Well so happy that we have you here to translate and interpret biblical scripture for us. :rolleyes:

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Most cities have public indecency laws/ordinances. Her top was too small for her size breasts. It was clear as day. That was her problem.

Well get the rope!!!

pcosmar
07-05-2013, 07:09 PM
The breasts of the woman who was asked to cover up, were all but falling out of the bikini top.

Bullshit.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1014069_10201067235955585_446350703_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/katctv3/posts/10151583162276969

Two teenage girls were intimidated by a real woman.
Nothing more,,nothing less.

Feeding the Abscess
07-05-2013, 07:11 PM

You should be ex-communicated from the Church and shunned from Society for the Immoral and Sinful Act of pre-Marital Sex and Fathering a Child out of Wedlock.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Bullshit.
https://www.facebook.com/katctv3/posts/10151583162276969

Two teenage girls were intimidated by a real woman.
Nothing more,,nothing less.

Not to mention that indecent exposure means the willful and intentional exposure of private body parts. I think they would have a hard time proving that some excess cleavage constitutes that.

heavenlyboy34
07-05-2013, 07:38 PM
The breasts of the woman who was asked to cover up, were all but falling out of the bikini top. She was wearing a much too small size.

You see, that's the great thing about liberty. You have the liberty to move somewhere that has the local laws/ordinances that you prefer.
A variation of the "love it or leave it" fallacy. I'm surprised to see a RP supporter use it. :eek: This reasoning justifies "democracy" (mob rule).

Qdog
07-05-2013, 07:39 PM

What kind of bullshit is this? Since when is it a sin for human beings to act according to their nature? We are hard wired to like sex, and to be attracted to healthy looking women. It is a good thing too, the survival of the human race depends on us having sex with attractive women! (they theoretically have better genes, and will help ensure the survival of offspring).

Instead of trying to pretend that "lustful thoughts" are unnatural, or sinful, or bad or whatever, like some sort of backwards victorian era nun... how about we just embrace the creatures that we are... the way nature made us.

MelissaWV
07-05-2013, 07:40 PM
A variation of the "love it or leave it" fallacy. I'm surprised to see a RP supporter use it. :eek: This reasoning justifies "democracy" (mob rule).

It is not a fallacy so long as there's really a choice. Of course one of those choices is to work to change things right where you are.

In this case, though, when it's all said and done a new-ish water park got a lot of publicity (any press is good press, and a lot of people will applaud this decision anyhow), and a lady who lost 100 pounds and wanted to flaunt it... is now getting to do so nationally.

MelissaWV
07-05-2013, 07:44 PM
You're right and in my post I never made any reference to carnal modesty.

It's sad that you make a really good post and usually are very intelligent in your arguments, though we more often than not disagree, and then have to end your post with such a dumb comment.

Except that it isn't. The quote you posted (or rather the part of a quote) out of the Bible is about not lavishing money on your clothing and other adornments. In other words, it has very little to do with the situation in the OP unless she paid a great deal of money for the bikini, or if she paid to have surgery related to the weight loss.

More to the point, I was discussing how ridiculous it is to take a tiny snippet of the Bible literally to the exclusion of all else --- including the sense God gave us all. Having said that, I braided my hair when I got out of the shower, and I am wearing a gold chain with a pearl on it, so you probably should not listen to me.

Qdog
07-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Ill be honest with you guys. Deep down, I am a nudist. I kind of resent the fact that society forces us to cover up what God gave us. Adam and Eve were naked after all.
I understand that clothes can be useful for protection from the elements, pockets, etc. But the idea of swimsuits for modesty is pretty darn stupid, and impractical.

I dont have any weird exhibitionist fetishes or anything. I just happen to fancy the idea of the freedom to not have to wear any clothes.

Carlybee
07-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Turns out teenagers run the park and it was them who told her to cover up or leave. When she refused, they called the police. The police told her they agreed with her but had to do their job since it was a city run park and she had been asked my management to leave. Part of her argument is that she was discriminated against for looking too good in a bikini, which I would argue is debatable depending upon what one's idea of what looks good in a bikini is, however I still don't think indecent exposure laws are going to apply here. People on here who claim she should have been kicked out because it is immoral to wear a bikini...well I have to wonder if you work for Rick Santorum or Michelle Bachmann.

MelissaWV
07-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Ill be honest with you guys. Deep down, I am a nudist. I kind of resent the fact that society forces us to cover up what God gave us. Adam and Eve were naked after all.
I understand that clothes can be useful for protection from the elements, pockets, etc. But the idea of swimsuits for modesty is pretty darn stupid, and impractical.

I dont have any weird exhibitionist fetishes or anything. I just happen to fancy the idea of the freedom to not have to wear any clothes.

And sanitation.

Origanalist
07-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Then you really wouldn't like my G-string. (it's purple,, my wife's favorite color)

I probably wouldn't either.

Qdog
07-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Dude, you sound like some kind of idiotic Muslim Shahman, that says women should have to cover up their faces so as not to "elicit lust"

From where does this idiotic thinking stem?

pcosmar
07-05-2013, 07:54 PM
I probably wouldn't either.

It was for beaches where I couldn't swim nude.