PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: The Truthseeker: Obama's arrest, Bush's trial

Constitutional Paulicy
07-05-2013, 01:59 AM
Let's say that Bush or Obama were arrested abroad and charged as this report claims is likely. I cant help but wonder how the majority of Americans would respond. I suspect they would remain in denial and defend the Governments actions. Are we at a tipping point where enough people would support an international war tribunal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrTeBDetcfw

"We'll get Bush in the US" the world's top war crimes prosecutor tells The Truthseeker after Dubya's deputies warn him against travel, lawyers file for Obama's arrest tomorrow when he hits South Africa, huge secret wars in America's name being masked from the folks funding them.

Seek truth from facts with Yousha Tayob of the Muslim Lawyers Association, leading war crimes prosecutor Francis Boyle, Senior Staff Attorney Katherine Gallagher of New York's Center for Constitutional Rights which stopped Bush's first trip after his waterboarding admission, Marjorie Cohn, author of Cowboy Republic: Six Ways the Bush Gang Has Defied the Law, and former NSA intelligence officer Scott Rickard

Scrapmo
07-05-2013, 02:06 AM
Nope. The only response this would illicit is bi-partisan support for WW3.

Constitutional Paulicy
07-05-2013, 02:11 AM
Nope. The only response this would illicit is bi-partisan support for WW3.

I would hope that we as Americans could right our wrongs. It would be unimaginable that the international community would right our wrongs for us. But unfortunately too many sheeple and our government cant be trusted to get it right.

Scrapmo
07-05-2013, 02:22 AM
It would be unimaginable that the international community would right our wrongs for us.

As far as an actual arrest goes: The pragmitist in me would fear that would cause more problems then solve. The ideologue in me would be fist pumping ala Judd Nelson..
http://blobtoblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/bender.jpg?w=584

ObiRandKenobi
07-05-2013, 02:24 AM
I would hope that we as Americans could right our wrongs. It would be unimaginable that the international community would right our wrongs for us. But unfortunately too many sheeple and our government cant be trusted to get it right.

Nothing screams constitutional principles like putting foreigners in charge of prosecuting our elected officials.

Constitutional Paulicy
07-05-2013, 02:29 AM
As far as an actual arrest goes: The pragmitist in me would fear that would cause more problems then solve. The ideologue in me would be fist pumping ala Judd Nelson..
http://blobtoblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/bender.jpg?w=584

I'd imagine this is how most people on this forum would feel. Sadly, most Americans are asleep at the wheel, by not even realizing they are the designated drivers.

Constitutional Paulicy
07-05-2013, 02:34 AM
Nothing screams constitutional principles like putting foreigners in charge of prosecuting our elected officials.

I hear ya. That's why I say it would be unimaginable. I truly wish the majority of Americans would take charge of their own affairs. To be honest, I'm more or less convinced that we have traveled down the path, far beyond the point of no return.

Constitutional Paulicy
07-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Wow, one vote out of 101 views, that says a lot. Obviously Americans aren't interested in other countries making decisions for them. So how about an all out fucking coup? Or do you believe we have an alternative?

Christian Liberty
07-05-2013, 12:15 PM
They absolutely deserve it, so I'd support it, but in real life I fear the consequences.

The only way these people will get justice is either if a vigilante does it without trial (Which I do not condone, but I would say good riddance) or otherwise when they die of natural causes (Which I hope happens ASAP, as it is what they deserve) and then God will judge them (I do hope they find Christ, REALLY find Christ, before they die, as I do not wish eternal torment on anyone, not even them.)

Christian Liberty
07-05-2013, 12:18 PM
They absolutely deserve it, so I'd support it, but in real life I fear the consequences.

The only way these people will get justice is either if a vigilante does it without trial (Which I do not condone, but I would say good riddance) or otherwise when they die of natural causes (Which I hope happens ASAP, as it is what they deserve) and then God will judge them (I do hope they find Christ, REALLY find Christ, before they die, as I do not wish eternal torment on anyone, not even them.)

For a foreign government to do it would indeed cause World War III.

As for the comments about national soveregnty.

I see no reason why US citizenship should really protect you outside the US. Its not our job to protect anyone outside of the country. If you go to England, you are bound by England's laws, at least in the sense that the US government shouldn't help you if you get in trouble (An American who smuggles Bibles into China is certainly not doing anything wrong, but the US government shouldn't threaten violence on your behalf if you get arrested. Its not immoral for you to fight back in any way you can, but its not our job as a country to protect you.)

Under certain circumstances I could imagine the CURRENT President of the US (But not a former President) being protected by the US, but in Obama's case, I really do think he would deserve whatever he would get and so I'd personally vote for the US to stand down and let it happen.

I'm curious how many Republicans would support Obama's prosecution on purely partisan grounds. I'd imagine still less than half, and far less than 10% of Democrats. Independents, who knows?

Constitutional Paulicy
07-05-2013, 12:41 PM
For a foreign government to do it would indeed cause World War III.

As for the comments about national soveregnty.

I see no reason why US citizenship should really protect you outside the US. Its not our job to protect anyone outside of the country. If you go to England, you are bound by England's laws, at least in the sense that the US government shouldn't help you if you get in trouble (An American who smuggles Bibles into China is certainly not doing anything wrong, but the US government shouldn't threaten violence on your behalf if you get arrested. Its not immoral for you to fight back in any way you can, but its not our job as a country to protect you.)

Under certain circumstances I could imagine the CURRENT President of the US (But not a former President) being protected by the US, but in Obama's case, I really do think he would deserve whatever he would get and so I'd personally vote for the US to stand down and let it happen.

I'm curious how many Republicans would support Obama's prosecution on purely partisan grounds. I'd imagine still less than half, and far less than 10% of Democrats. Independents, who knows?

That makes sense to me. It seems just, but who is truly interested in justice anymore. Honestly. It's pathetic. More people are interested in being a team player.