PDA

View Full Version : The Case for Independence by Anthony Gregory -- a timely article!

scrosnoe
07-04-2013, 03:50 PM
On July 4th some Americans celebrate the rejection of empire. Politicians more likely see it as the US government’s birthday. Libertarians must decide which legacy the day truly commemorates, and celebrate or mourn appropriately.

If this is a day to remember liberation, disunion, the idea that a house divided might be more civil, peaceful and secure than one kept together by force—if we are to focus on the subversion of Jefferson’s Declaration of Independence more than its inconsistencies—we should consider the benefits of reclaiming and radicalizing the spirit of 1776 and applying its principles to the present day. We should contemplate the possibility that what Americans and foreigners need is independence from the empire.

see rest of the article here >>> http://libertarianstandard.com/2013/07/03/the-case-for-independence/

About Anthony Gregory I'm a Research Fellow at the Independent Institute. I write and in my free time love to play music, cook, read and watch TV.