PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Security agents conducting 'top secret' July 4 drill

libertygrl
07-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Agents from the Department of Homeland Security are conducting a “top secret” drill on July 4 as civil liberties activists protest against the recently disclosed U.S. spying programs on the nation’s Independence Day.

The drill has been codenamed “Operation Independence” and involves plain-clothes agents who will be “working undercover, looking like any other passenger”, reported KTTV.

According to the report, the details of “Operation Independence” are “top secret” and police forces in riot gear would be easy to spot.

American citizens who are celebrating Independence Day would be submitted to random bag searches during “Operation Independence.” The two-day drill started on Wednesday.

The maneuver comes as civil liberties activists have already announced their plans to protest against the National Security Agency’s spying programs, which were disclosed by American whistleblower Edward Snowden last month.

The protests were set to be held on July 4 in more than 75 cities across the U.S. including in New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, and Atlanta.

The documents disclosed by Snowden blew the lid on two NSA spying programs, one for gathering U.S. phone records and the other, called PRISM, for tracking the use of U.S.-based web servers by American citizens and other nationals.

Tiffiniy Cheng, one of the organizers of the Independence Day protests, has said, “The NSA programs that have been exposed are blatantly unconstitutional, and have a detrimental effect on free speech and freedom of press worldwide.”

http://www.presstv.ir/usdetail/312229.html

pcosmar
07-04-2013, 08:35 AM
The drill has been codenamed “Operation Independence” and involves plain-clothes agents who will be “working undercover, looking like any other passenger”, reported KTTV.

According to the report, the details of “Operation Independence” are “top secret” and police forces in riot gear would be easy to spot.

American citizens who are celebrating Independence Day would be submitted to random bag searches during “Operation Independence.” The two-day drill started on Wednesday.

So expect to be accosted by groups of un-uniformed thugs.

someone really thought this would be a good idea? :(

pcosmar
07-04-2013, 08:54 AM
A link from another source,, (for those that need one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-RhqCvV4GM

Uriel999
07-04-2013, 09:02 AM
If you see anybody with a military style haircut and a backpack watch out! Seriously...when DHS practices drills Americans die. FU DHS terrorists!

tod evans
07-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Tax dollars at work..:mad:

Contumacious
07-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Agents from the Department of Homeland Security are conducting a “top secret” drill on July 4 as civil liberties activists protest against the recently disclosed U.S. spying programs on the nation’s Independence Day.

The Gestapo conducts secret drills codenamed "operation independence"

"Orwellian" is an adjective describing the situation, idea, or societal condition that George Orwell identified as being destructive to the welfare of a free and open society. It connotes an attitude and a policy of control by propaganda, surveillance, misinformation, denial of truth, and manipulation of the past, including the "unperson" — a person whose past existence is expunged from the public record and memory, practiced by modern repressive governments. Often, this includes the circumstances depicted in his novels, particularly Nineteen Eighty-Four.[1]

The adjective Orwellian refers to these behaviours of The Party, especially when the Party is the State:

Invasion of personal privacy, either directly physically or indirectly by surveillance.
State control of its citizens' daily life, as in a "Big Brother" society.
Official encouragement of policies contributing to the socio-economic disintegration of the family.
The adoration of state leaders and their Party.
The encouragement of "doublethink", whereby the population must learn to embrace inconsistent concepts without dissent, e.g. giving up liberty for freedom. Similar terms used are "doublespeak", and "newspeak".

donnay
07-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Fireworks stores heighten security before Fourth of July

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyWXOg7qYuc

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/news-northern-kentucky/fireworks-stores-heighten-security-before-fourth-of-july/-/13608792/20796500/-/t4vgyuz/-/index.html#ixzz2Y5he0iC2

donnay
07-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Nothing says FREEDOM like security goons with automatic machines guns guarding you!

Security plans now in place ahead of Indy’s fireworks show

Read more: http://fox59.com/2013/07/01/security-plans-now-in-place-ahead-of-indys-fireworks-show/#ixzz2Y5iKDGSQ

U.S. on alert for possible fireworks bombs
UPI UPI.com June 30th, 2013

Security officials said U.S. police should be on the alert for bombs made from July Fourth fireworks during the upcoming holiday week.

ABC News said the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI sent out a nationwide notice to law enforcement agencies reminding officers and agents a lot of fireworks are sold in July, and some could end up in the wrong hands.

“Recent incidents in the Homeland demonstrate that consumer fireworks — widely used during the upcoming celebrations — can be misused by criminals and violent extremists to construct improvised explosive devices,” the notice said.

ABC said such notices are routine but the use of homemade bombs in an attack at the Boston Marathon in April may have added new urgency to the potential threat.

The FBI noted the accused Marathon bombers had allegedly considered carrying out their attack in Boston on July Fourth, in an area where a large number of people were present. The suspects allegedly obtained the gunpowder used in the bombs from a legal fireworks retailer in New Hampshire.

Source:
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/u-s-on-alert-for-possible-fireworks-bombs_062013

azxd
07-04-2013, 10:13 AM
Nothing says FREEDOM like security goons with automatic machines guns guarding you!Ain't it great /sarcasm

Dianne
07-04-2013, 10:18 AM
You can't help but laugh at the contradiction.

"American citizens who are celebrating Independence Day would be submitted to random bag searches during “Operation Independence.” The two-day drill started on Wednesday."

I think these drills are more to intimidate the sheeple, than anything else. I believe Barry and his pipers just want a show of force so anyone thinking of protesting against them will think again. It's beginning to look more and more like Nazi Germany, since Barry took over.

Anti Federalist
07-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Wassat you say?

I can't hear you over all my freedom.

*belch*

Carlybee
07-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Why aren't our so called representatives trying to get rid of the DHS?

tod evans
07-04-2013, 10:22 AM

Representing their own self interest is not representing me...

phill4paul
07-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Wassat you say?

I can't hear you over all my freedom.

*belch*

Awash and drowning in it.

Pass another brat.

*brrrrrrip*

Anti Federalist
07-04-2013, 10:24 AM
I flew yesterday, and The Matrix was twitching for some reason. Now I know why.

Two goons dragged some poor bastard and his woman off the plane upon landing, to subject them to whatever horrors awaited.

The rest of the mindless mob averted their gaze, shit their pants and was glad it wasn't them...this time.

Yours truly was engaged in pointless and impotent ranting to whoever would listen to him about how much freedom we have, that the surveillance grid randomly picks out hapless victims for interrogation.

We are well and truly fucked.

You people who are not tied down to anything, get the fuck out, now.

Carlybee
07-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Representing their own self interest is not representing me...

Yeah...started under Bush and continued under Obama...both parties have a stake in it and we are left hanging out to dry.

Anti Federalist
07-04-2013, 10:26 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/1a36f63d61b4bad44244164a51c333c0/tumblr_mj0sbwVxPx1r4ugi5o1_500.gif

Wait...you're not serious are you?

Carlybee
07-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Yes AF...I am referring to our so-called pro-liberty representatives. Because if they don't start making some kind of reparations for everything we have had to endure under the Patriot Act, they shouldn't be calling themselves pro-liberty at all.

Philhelm
07-04-2013, 10:28 AM
We are well and truly fucked.

You people who are not tied down to anything, get the fuck out, now.

But go where? The Edward Snowden situation shows that there are not many options.

AngryCanadian
07-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Nothing will happen today, mark my words.

cajuncocoa
07-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Nothing will happen today, mark my words....unless they make it happen.

Anti Federalist
07-04-2013, 10:44 AM
But go where? The Edward Snowden situation shows that there are not many options.

I know...if The Empire wants you, it is a prison planet, you're done.

But I'm talking about getting out quietly, now, while you still have chance.

Anywhere will be better than here, when the next real or manufactured terror event kills 30,000 people.

Or 3 million.

The other 317 million will go utterly, totally, batshit insane, they will prostrate themselves before government and give an unlimited blank check to the multimillion man standing army to kill whomever they want, whenever they want, for any reason they want, just "keep us safe".

And these goons will be happy to oblige.

And they will go hogwild.

And millions more will die.

Have a Happy Fourth!

Carlybee
07-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Let's buy some land and start a commune compound. Let's be the Resistance. I mean...they wouldn't come roll over us with a tank and burn us down or anything.

Anti Federalist
07-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Let's buy some land and start a commune compound. Let's be the Resistance. I mean...they wouldn't come roll over us with a tank and burn us down or anything.

Not anymore...no.

http://dronewarsuk.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/predator-firing-missile4.jpg